Human Torch (Rise of the Silver Surfer) Vs Sunfire (DoFP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Who wins

KingD19
Well Johnny with all the powers definitely wins.

Normal Johnny still wins. He's got documented higher heat, and he can fly.

TheLordofMurder
How is this not a dead draw?

Arent they both effectively immune to the others power?

Sunspot can fly as well...

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by KingD19
Well Johnny with all the powers definitely wins.

Normal Johnny still wins. He's got documented higher heat, and he can fly. The sentinels in dofp melted a vault door using the powers they copied from sunspot, and they just touched it

KingD19
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
The sentinels in dofp melted a vault door using the powers they copied from sunspot, and they just touched it

And they had special containment units and force fields for Johnny because his maximum is like the sun is downtown.

Surtur
Johnny has more powerful fire attacks than Sunfire, but I'm not exactly sure if the fire attacks would affect someone else who can also turn into fire.

KingD19
Originally posted by Surtur
Johnny has more powerful fire attacks than Sunfire, but I'm not exactly sure if the fire attacks would affect someone else who can also turn into fire.

That's how attacks work in comics/movies even real life. You can have a "bulletproof vest". But if I get a big enough bullet, it'll punch clean through.

Johnny can burn and attack at a higher heat than Sunfire is able to reach. So it stands to reason that if your max heat is 1,000 degrees(just for an example), and Johnny burns 1,000,000 degrees(nova flame), you should be hurt because it is higher than your threshold.

Also if that theory doesn't get through to you, the radiation and the sheer destructive power from the Nova Flame should kill him anyway.

TethAdamTheRock
What if sunfire can go nova?

KingD19
He can't. It's not in his powerset.

TheVaultDweller
Firstly, it was Sunspot. Not Sunfire.

Also, it was explicitly confirmed that Johnny going all out would literally end life on Earth. Reed built a chamber specifically meant to contain Johnny's flames, during testing, in FF1. And he still melted the thing to shit. And, IIRC, he was nearing 4000 Kelvin before Reed had to extinguish him, with Johnny still confirming that he could have gone hotter. In terms of flight speed, Johnny was also fast enough to keep up with the Silver Surfer. So, in terms of actual heat output and flight speed, Johnny's feats are well above Sunspot's. Not to mention he crash landed from the upper atmosphere into the desert without serious injury. And, if by some reason he can't hurt him with his flames, Storm was in better physical shape than Sunspot was, so he could likely just beat him up normally.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
That's how attacks work in comics/movies even real life. You can have a "bulletproof vest". But if I get a big enough bullet, it'll punch clean through.

Johnny can burn and attack at a higher heat than Sunfire is able to reach. So it stands to reason that if your max heat is 1,000 degrees(just for an example), and Johnny burns 1,000,000 degrees(nova flame), you should be hurt because it is higher than your threshold.

But we don't know the threshold of Sunspot. I don't think he was ever attacked with fire and if he was I certainly don't remember fire injuring him. I would be curious as to how you would propose we decide what his upper limits are when it comes to how much heat he could handle.

If the move truly will muck up life on earth how is this not going to end with both of them screwed over?

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Firstly, it was Sunspot. Not Sunfire.

Also, it was explicitly confirmed that Johnny going all out would literally end life on Earth. Reed built a chamber specifically meant to contain Johnny's flames, during testing, in FF1. And he still melted the thing to shit. And, IIRC, he was nearing 4000 Kelvin before Reed had to extinguish him, with Johnny still confirming that he could have gone hotter. In terms of flight speed, Johnny was also fast enough to keep up with the Silver Surfer. So, in terms of actual heat output and flight speed, Johnny's feats are well above Sunspot's. Not to mention he crash landed from the upper atmosphere into the desert without serious injury. And, if by some reason he can't hurt him with his flames, Storm was in better physical shape than Sunspot was, so he could likely just beat him up normally.

Yeah but like I said..wouldn't ending all life on the planet kinda negatively effect Johnny too?

TheVaultDweller
But we don't know the threshold of Sunspot. I don't think he was ever attacked with fire and if he was I certainly don't remember fire injuring him. I would be curious as to how you would propose we decide what his upper limits are when it comes to how much heat he could handle.

The closest thing we can get to this is to see how much heat they have produced onscreen. We see Sunspot's powers, when used by Sentinels, melt what looked to be a steel door. And that melting point is well below the 4000+Kelvin we know Johnny can produce (even if we assume it's titanium, it's still well below Johnny's output). Maybe Sunspot can go higher. But maybe he can't either. Our best measurements is by their actual feats.

Yeah but like I said..wouldn't ending all life on the planet kinda negatively effect Johnny too?

Didn't say he was going to use it. Point is just that, based on feats and info, Johnny's higher temperatures are greater than Sunspot's.

carthage
Good summary of Human Torchs feats, sounds like he stomps here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.