Has the Internet destroyed people's will to act in the real world?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve Zodiac
In the past people had revolutions, they would engage in violent protest, chain themselves to railings and fight for what they felt is right.
This still goes on, just not in the first world... I wonder... I wonder... Have the constant wars from first world nations to occupy and control post-colonial resources diluted the spirit to think for themselves, are all we are left with now is the people who will serve strong leaders, regardless of how corrupt those influential leaders are and how to those strong leaders they are irrelevant.

We see it everywhere, and even when people fight back like the rebels in Syria, the forces of control for the elite stop change.

In the west this is even sadder, we have become more and more corrupt, and less and less willing to act on it. People caused social change and improvement, then it stopped.

Is the continued erosion of any direct action by people in the west a result of the Internet transforming them into drones to opinion and removing the will. Was Television a precursor to this.

People live online; they are almost no longer part of the real world, many unemployed people may be isolated further, all social contact and news could come from online for them.

All sexual activity could come from online fantasy.

This makes them pliable,

this makes them suggestible,

this makes them obedient,

This makes them talk (type) and do nothing but talk.

Is this what we are?

Drones sleeping as the real world passes us by?

Surtur
Could it be that in the first world we haven't had any real "chain yourselves together in protest" worthy events as of late? Like Vietnam was a legit thing to be upset about and protest over.

Now they protest over scary ideas. It's almost like they are so very very pathetically desperate for something to have a "revolution" over, but there is nothing worth it in this country, and god forbid they visit the countries that need protests and revolutions, that would be dangerous.

Also IMO protests in this country have been cheapened. Just like the words racist, sexist, and fascist they have lost all meaning.

Steve Zodiac
Those words will never be cheapened, it's just this time Fascist's aren't dressed as the bad guys. No black uniforms with skulls on and it makes it difficult for some people to see, that they are indeed following a charismatic leader with a vision of superiority for his few over the many.

Surtur
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Those words will never be cheapened, it's just this time Fascist's aren't dressed as the bad guys. No black uniforms with skulls on and it makes it difficult for some people to see, that they are indeed following a charismatic leader with a vision of superiority for his few over the many.

The other problem is we have fascists in this country who refer to themselves as "anti-fascists". That in itself is a highly dangerous attitude for people to have.

socool8520
What do you mean there haven't been any riots? Did you miss the Ferguson incident? The Baltimore riots? It still happens.

Honestly, what does chaining your self to a railing do? Besides make you look like an idiot?

Also, online mobs can bring change as well. I know it's small, but look at what some angry Facebook users can do to restaurants and such. If they would use it for Social reform, there could be alot of change. Without the violence.

jaden101
Uwotmate?

Steve Zodiac
Some truth Scool, but most of these groups were outside the usual first world mainstream, Ferguson, Tottenham all race related. They were not white people rioting because white people have a tendency to do fa and believe what they are told. I'm white by the way.

The other thing Scool is social media changing, not really, unless you count Russian intervention. The Arab Spring wasn't the success it was cracked up to be.

Surtur
Some truth Scool, but most of these groups were outside the usual first world mainstream, Ferguson, Tottenham all race related. They were not white people rioting because white people have a tendency to do fa and believe what they are told. I'm white by the way.

It almost sounds like you're romanticizing rioting and essentially implying whites are gullible because they "believe what they are told".

Though you have to admit that is a curious thing to say in a post where you mention Ferguson. Since the person who died was in the wrong, and blacks rioted because they believed the false narrative they had been told(hands up don't shoot).

It's not the first time they would riot over an incident before they even knew the full story. Riots have happened even when it was known the dead criminal was indeed in the wrong(Milwaukee). Perhaps I was wrong about what you were trying to say, but if not: there is nothing remotely noble about the riots in Ferguson or any of the other riots that spawned from similar incidents.

Steve Zodiac
White's are gullible because they believe what they are told.

Nothing romantic about direct action, sometimes though it is needed and when it fails the world is worse for it.

Your country was after all founded through revolution and civil war.

socool8520
Honestly, imo, rioting is not the right way to get your point across in a first world country. It worked back in the day, but those were different times. There weren't any world wide media centers you could turn to so the only people that knew you were suffering were the perpetrators. So you had to fight back. It's not that way in a first world country.

socool8520

Nothing romantic about direct action, sometimes though it is needed and when it fails the world is worse for it.

It also had slavery. Doesn't mean it was the correct way to go about things.

Surtur

But I just named you incidents where non-whites believed what they were told and got violent over it(turns out what they were told was not true, but they were so eager to believe the narratives in their own minds that they ate it up). Some even still reference "hands up don't shoot". If that's not gullible I don't know what is.

I'm not saying sometimes it isn't needed. I'm simply saying nonsense riots like the Ferguson riots are so very very far from the category of being needed.

Surtur

I am also still curious how you feel when extremely unintelligent fascists label themselves as anti-fascists? It seems they do so in and sick and twisted attempt to legitimize their fascist tendencies.

Flyattractor
We wouldn't have these probs if the People on the Right would actualy make a stand and FIGHT BACK against the Leftist Progressive SJW PC Ratzies. Drive em back into the gutters where they belong.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
We wouldn't have these probs if the People on the Right would actualy make a stand and FIGHT BACK against the Leftist Progressive SJW PC Ratzies. Drive em back into the gutters where they belong.

If they fought back it would be called fascism lol. When liberals do it..it's anti-fascism.

In other news, earlier today a black man called me a "crackah". I responded back by calling him the N word. Now I'm a very proud anti-racist. I logic'ed the hell out of that.

Flyattractor
There is a Winston Churchill quote in here somewhere, but I forget....Winston was a NAZI himself.

So I won't post it.

Surtur
If it's about fascism it has to do with the fascists of the future calling themselves anti-fascists. But that wasn't a quote from him it was falsely attributed to him.

But the notion that fascists will eventually come in the form of anti-fascists has certainly come true in this country. We've even had the media referring to these fascists as mere "anti-fascists".

People seem to love adopting the tactics of those they claim to despise.

Robtard
many unemployed people may be isolated further, all social contact and news could come from online for them.

All sexual activity could come from online fantasy.

laughing out loud

Beniboybling
thumb up

Flyattractor
That does explain why birth rates are dropping in certain ares of the world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.