DCNU Superman vs Pre Crisis Karate Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's taking this?

Digi
I'm a huge KK fan, especially of his more ridiculous incarnations. But Superman wins and it's not even a battle.

RealityWarper
I think this can go either ways.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Digi
I'm a huge KK fan, especially of his more ridiculous incarnations. But Superman wins and it's not even a battle.

Val still around?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by RealityWarper

LIES!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
LIES!

True, KK stomps thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
True, KK stomps thumb up

You are DANGEROUSLY close to entering THE HOUSE OF EL ENEMIES LIST!!!!

Digi

Lol, why though? Val's best feats only suggest he could hang with someone on Kal's level for a little while. So if we take the tippy-top of the pre-crisis absurdity, ignore the rest, then mix it in with some healthy lowballing for Supes, I'd still only concede maybe 1 or 2/10 for Val.

Digi
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Val still around?

Still around? Dunno. I just enjoyed him during the wild west PC era as well as his post-Crisis, pre-Flashpoint version. Which may have actually been the same?? I'm not 100% sure. One of the PHDs in DC canon we have would have to answer that.

LordofBrooklyn
Still around? Dunno. I just enjoyed him during the wild west PC era as well as his post-Crisis, pre-Flashpoint version. Which may have actually been the same?? I'm not 100% sure. One of the PHDs in DC canon we have would have to answer that.

As the KING OF CANON I will inform you that, Val, was rebooted after his death at the hands of Nemesis Kid.

RealityWarper
As the KING OF CANON I will inform you that, Val, was rebooted after his death at the hands of Nemesis Kid.

Everytime I'm reading your posts, I imagine you yelling all the time. That's fun.

Zack M
Everytime I'm reading your posts, I imagine you yelling all the time. That's fun.

thumb up

riv6672
Same:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8GO-9aUaxUU/default.jpg

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
True, KK stomps thumb up
thumb up

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by carver9
Who's taking this?

This thread needs the stipulations of:

A. Hand-to-hand combat only

and

B. Speed equalized

to be a legitimately winnable fight for both contestants.

StiltmanFTW
As the KING OF CANON

Take your meds. Now.

cdtm

He beat Pre Crisis Superboy legitimately. In his solo series, against a team of Legion members.

Any current Superman should be way too slow for someone who can counter a pre crisis Flash.

carver9
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

and

B. Speed equalized

Who do you think wins?

cdtm
Lol, why though? Val's best feats only suggest he could hang with someone on Kal's level for a little while. So if we take the tippy-top of the pre-crisis absurdity, ignore the rest, then mix it in with some healthy lowballing for Supes, I'd still only concede maybe 1 or 2/10 for Val.

Yeah, but again, we're talking pre crisis levels here.

I'll admit Nu 52 Superman is not my strongest subject, and I realize he has some crazy feats like bench pressing Earth and such, but surely he couldn't account for himself as well against a silver age Superman?

RealityWarper

and

B. Speed equalized

Personnaly I don't think that the gap in combat speed is so large between both.

I always see the fights between a martial artist and a powerhouse alike a fight between an overpowered average Joe against an MMA fighter.

Technically, the martial artist have better combat reflexes and don't waste movements while the powerhouse tend to struggle a bit and be predictable in battle.

I remember that a version of KK was able to suffocate a Kryptonian via constricting his chest with his own cape and pushing him in the back.

That's really more a difference between the comic book over-the-top finesse against the comic book overpowered raw strength 99% of the time.

That's fun to read.

Surtur
If I didn't know any better I'd almost say there is some butthurt over the fact KK is vastly more powerful than someone like Batman, and always will be vastly more powerful.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Surtur
If I didn't know any better I'd almost say there is some butthurt over the fact KK is vastly more powerful than someone like Batman, and always will be vastly more powerful.

If I remember correctly, Karate Kid is like 3 levels above Batman according to their own skill-classification.

cdtm
If I remember correctly, Karate Kid is like 3 levels above Batman according to their own skill-classification.

We don't really know what that means, though.

A black belt is only two classications above green belt in some karate styles, but that could mean a tremendous skill difference (As always, depends on the person and how good the school is..)

bluewaterrider
Who do you think wins?

With hand-to-hand and speed equalized stips, this is about the closest thing to a 50/50 KMC match that I can think of.

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm

A black belt is only two classications above green belt in some karate styles, but that could mean a tremendous skill difference (As always, depends on the person and how good the school is..)
Add to that the fact that this was Superman's opinion:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83050/3978525-batmanvkarate+kid.jpg

Superman is good fighter, but he's not one to judge people of Bats'/KK's skill level no matter who he favors.
Thats our job.

carver9
With hand-to-hand and speed equalized stips, this is about the closest thing to a 50/50 KMC match that I can think of.

I'm talking without the stips.

bluewaterrider
I'm talking without the stips.

Match heavily favors DCnU Superman without the stips, though Karate Kid has a puncher's chance because DCnU lacks the invulnerabity of the Bronze Age Kryptonians, let alone the Silver Age ones.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm

You are right it could mean a tremendous amount of difference between just a few levels. On the other hand given how I have seen some handle KK on here it's not hard to believe someone might legitimately believe he isn't vastly above a character like Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.