Elektra vs. Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Blades only

Round 2: H2H

Wades HF is disabled

StiltmanFTW
Wade would need some serious time to get used to fighting w/o his hf.

leonidas
she wins all 3 anyway. she is far more skilled than he is in all areas. pool has been showed up too may times for me to think of him as an elite ma guy. he has some good showings to be sure, but it seems whenever he comes up against a top guy he gets the sh!t kicked out of him and only hangs in because of his hf. if anyone believes he is among the better ma's i'd love to see some support of it. i like pool, just feels like i'm always disappointed when he has a chance to show how skilled he is. /shrug

h1a8
Originally posted by leonidas
she wins all 3 anyway. she is far more skilled than he is in all areas. pool has been showed up too may times for me to think of him as an elite ma guy. he has some good showings to be sure, but it seems whenever he comes up against a top guy he gets the sh!t kicked out of him and only hangs in because of his hf. if anyone believes he is among the better ma's i'd love to see some support of it. i like pool, just feels like i'm always disappointed when he has a chance to show how skilled he is. /shrug

Agreed, but I have a hard time seeing her put him down with his HF. Sai are the wrong weapon here for her. They poke holes in (which won't slow him down).
He definitely wins the first 2. She definitely wins the 3rd one.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carthage
Round 1: Blades only

Round 2: H2H

Wades HF is disabled

h1a8
My fault, Elektra wins both matches then.

Flyattractor
Yeah. With these Street Level-ish Types with a Overpowered HF, take that away and they are pure PWNAGE Fodder.

SamZED
In a comic where DP would act like a drooling idiot over Elektra he'd lose.
In an all out forum fight he can definitely take wins even without his healing factor. Assuming Eletkra's old hax powers aren't allowed that is.

StyleTime
To be honest, I've always felt like Deadpool's skill was something of a forum myth. He's no pushover skill-wise, but doesn't belong in a conversation about the elite folks. Healing factor tactics, like the one he used on Fantomex, won't work here.

But that's cool with me. Not every melee character needs to have god-tier skills. Deadpool is dangerous enough as is.

SamZED
He's no Batman, but he is skilled enough that in combination with his enhanced stats he can be a challenge for the top dogs. Healing factor or not. He has his losses of course but most of the time they are CIS related.

StyleTime
We're saying the same thing essentially. His stats, skills, and crazy factor means he can't be slept on. The healing factor and weapons are what bump him over most though.

SamZED
Wasn't trying to argue with you, just to contribute to the thread.big grin
There was a short period in recent books where he lost his healing. Took some getting used to but he did ok for himself. Of the top of my head: defeated Taskmaster and held his own against a team of Daken, Blob and some Omega Red like character.

StyleTime
Oh, yeah I didn't mean to sound argumentative there. Was just responding to what I thought was directed at me.

The Daken, Blob, and Omega Black confrontation is about what I'm talking about though. He is faster than them and has guns. Sprinkle in a little skill and he's capable of playing keep away long enough to annoy them.

I agree, he can't be slept on. He doesn't have the speed or gun advantage here though. With no adjustment period for him, Elektra probably clean sweeps. I guess I'm basically nitpicking over a couple of wins.

#toomuchtimeonmyhands

leonidas
he's gone up against a lot of heavy hitters in his career and usually does pretty well for himself. i was speaking strictly of his skill. she's more skilled with a blade (though that would be pretty close imo) and far more skilled h2h. that's why she'd win the first 2. if they were to the death and his hf is on, that might be different. i could still see her pinning him with blades to incapacitate for a win. h2h would be more difficult if it's to the death with his hf. i figured blades and h2h weren't really to the death, maybe my error there.

without a hf i don't see him coming very close to beating her at all though tbh. /shrug

cdtm
Elektra is the only character who Ennis had not only toy with Castle, but that Castle was scared shitless of and just had to bend over and take it from (Not in the good way. smile )

That's good enough for me. Elektra stomps.

Supermutant
Didn't Elektra shoot Wade in the head during their time together on the T'bolts? I seem to remember some kind of altercation between them after Elektra rejected his advances and hooked up with the Punisher. Anyways she is definitely more skilled than him.

Mindset
It's hard to gauge DP skill due to CIS.

He knows he can't be permanently hurt and he's insane, so it's not like he tries to not get hit.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
It's hard to gauge DP skill due to CIS.

He knows he can't be permanently hurt and he's insane, so it's not like he tries to not get hit.

It's a good point. Deadpools also the same guy who avoided an rpg by having it go in one car window and out the other.

Aakla
Deadpool stopped caring once he got cursed and couldn't die. before that I would have put him up against any melee fighter in dc/marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.