Baas vs Novel Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
Can vitiate step into his opponent's quarter staff?

MythLord
I mean... Baas is capable of holding his own against the likes of Ulic and Exar Kun, who are > Novel Vitiate, so... either way. smile

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Vitiate is explicitly stated to be too powerful for both Revan and Malak to tackle in an SWTOR codex entry. That argument doesn't holds.

SunRazer
Revan and Malak aren't Exar and Ulic, lmfao. Holy crap is that a non sequitur argument.

MythLord
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Vitiate is explicitly stated to be too powerful for both Revan and Malak to tackle in an SWTOR codex entry. That argument doesn't holds.

Great, that makes Baas too powerful for Malak and Revan as well. thumb up

Next.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
Revan and Malak aren't Exar and Ulic, lmfao. Holy crap is that a non sequitur argument.
Both of them will destroy Exar Kun (or) Ulic Qel-Droma however. thumb up

Beniboybling
Sure they would. laughing out loud

SunRazer
Both of them will destroy Exar Kun (or) Ulic Qel-Droma however. thumb up

Mandalorian Wars Revan & Malak destroying Kun and Qel-Droma? **** me...

S_W_LeGenD
Mandalorian Wars Revan & Malak destroying Kun and Qel-Droma? **** me...
Veterans of Mandalorian Wars to be precise. Revan, at this point, is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. Alek is also a great warrior.

So yes! This duo will destroy Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma individually.

S_W_LeGenD
By the way, show me a source that features Vitiate and still declares Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma as his superior. That is right, you won't find any.

Beniboybling
Veterans of Mandalorian Wars to be precise. Revan, at this point, is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. Alek is also a great warrior.

So yes! This duo will destroy Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma individually. They are great warriors, therefore, they will destroy Kun and Ulic.

Top tier logic kek.

cs_zoltan
By that logic Aayla and Vos also destroy Kun and Ulic. I'm okay with that smile

SunRazer
This is the type of stupidity that can't be excused by a language barrier or anything of the sort. Somebody else take over. I can't bear to look at his posts anymore.

S_W_LeGenD
This is the type of stupidity that can't be excused by a language barrier or anything of the sort. Somebody else take over. I can't bear to look at his posts anymore.
You expect me to expand my argument? I can do that.

No need for silly remarks.

Point is that it is utterly foolish to assert that Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma are - individually - stronger than Vitiate. You somehow don't find this assumption laughable. Any thread that will feature this assertion, will be a platform for jokes after that.

And expecting Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma to tackle Revan and Malak together, individually? Joke of the month.

SunRazer
Again, non sequitur. Kun and Ulic can be stronger than MW Revan & Malak both without being stronger than Vitiate. Which is why your example was just horrendously irrelevant.

MW Malak is shit - he's literal fodder to either Kun or Ulic in their primes. After he gets stomped to oblivion in a duel or with the Force, Revan can last but he'll go nowhere but down.

MythLord
Kun and Droma are, individually, stronger than (novel) Vitiate as combatants. Vitiate might be more powerful, but it's certainly not by much and his general ineptitude in combat sadly places him below both of them until SW:TOR.

Baas, despite being inferior in power to both Kun or Qel-Droma, has demonstrated the capability to contend extremely well with either of them in the realm of actual 1v1 combat. He's certainly a better fighter than Vitiate as of the Revan novel, hence if Vitiate is too scary for Alek and Revan to tackel, then I imagine Vodo Baas is going to break their joints with his quarter staff.

Let's also not forget to mention Alek's own relatively sub-par combat skills, since I can't remember when a "high ranking Force sensitive" was actually one-shotted by a non-Force sensitive:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-c-055JRFk8c/WMfMkHwuzlI/AAAAAAAACr4/IehSGXkhWU8TV2yfD6qIdYRmi88cQygmgCL0B/h607/2017-03-14.png

Let's compare that to a pre-prime Ulic defeating a similar foe, despite disadvantageous circumstances:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pLEd-wcClxc/WMfOmePzbdI/AAAAAAAACsA/0g4h_9sLMJkAgrRDiOGab3KZAADEc_d1wCL0B/h937/2017-03-14.png

Yeah... hard to see Revan and Alek even beating Ulic together, much less "destroying" him.

Azronger
^^^

I genuinely burst out laughing when I read this.

Beniboybling
It doesn't holds, Az.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
By that logic Aayla and Vos also destroy Kun and Ulic. I'm okay with that smile
thumb up

Again, non sequitur. Kun and Ulic can be stronger than MW Revan & Malak both without being stronger than Vitiate. Which is why your example was just horrendously irrelevant.

MW Malak is shit - he's literal fodder to either Kun or Ulic in their primes. After he gets stomped to oblivion in a duel or with the Force, Revan can last but he'll go nowhere but down.
Revan and Alek were distinguished veterans of the Mandalorian Wars at that point in time; assigning the initial MW to them, at that point in time, is therefore misleading.

And as I stated earlier, Revan became the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy at some point during the Mandalorian Wars. Confirmation below:

Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order's most powerful champion.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

The aforementioned revelation (alone) should tell you where Revan stood in the grand scheme of things when he confronted Vitiate for the first time. More interesting is the fact that the aforementioned accolade is not restricted to KoTOR era, setting the stage for an argument that Revan stronger than any Jedi in history - at that point in time - and nothing stands in the way of this assumption.

Speaking of KoTOR era in general, the Jedi Order had set the bar of competency relatively higher during this time than at any point in earlier times: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/knights-of-the-old-republic-era-is-the-prime-of-th/95277/

And the aforementioned revelation is not without merit as we have another source suggesting something similar:

Not every Force power or talent is well known in all eras. Knowledge is gained and lost over time, and techniques that are common during the Great Sith War are all but forgotten by the time of the Clone Wars.

Taken from the Jedi Training Academy Manual

On the other hand, we have Alek who also learned from experience and grew tremendously during the course of Mandalorian Wars. He distinguished himself from others with his exploits in battles:

Revan's friend Alek, later known as Malak, distinguished himself on the front lines. Revan's tactics and Malak's unyielding strength turned the tide, helping the Republic forces to victory at Althir and Jaga's Cluster. But the Council did not approve. Seeing their rash involvement in the war and their gradual adoption of Mandalorian tactics, the Council watched Revan and Malak’s heroics uneasily, remembering the fall of Exar Kun.

Taken from the codex entry in SWTOR titled "Galactic History 69: The Mandalorian Wars."

Both - Revan and Malak - honed their talents in the Force during the course of Mandalorian Wars and even learned some dark powers after the war had officially ended:

Finally, the Mandalorians had been routed. The Jedi generals Revan and Malak had killed Mandalore and hounded the remnants of the enemy fleet far beyond the boundaries of Republic space--and in so doing, performed terrible deeds and learned dark powers.

Taken from the codex entry in SWTOR titled "Galactic History 74: Revan and Malak Fall."

All of the above confronting Vitiate for the first time.

----

Only Vitiate - an almost godlike avatar of the Dark Side - was strong enough to humble both Revan and Malak in a confrontation at individual capacity. Forgive me for taking your argument with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by MythLord
Kun and Droma are, individually, stronger than (novel) Vitiate as combatants. Vitiate might be more powerful, but it's certainly not by much and his general ineptitude in combat sadly places him below both of them until SW:TOR.

Baas, despite being inferior in power to both Kun or Qel-Droma, has demonstrated the capability to contend extremely well with either of them in the realm of actual 1v1 combat. He's certainly a better fighter than Vitiate as of the Revan novel, hence if Vitiate is too scary for Alek and Revan to tackel, then I imagine Vodo Baas is going to break their joints with his quarter staff.
I suppose any notable warrior and his mom is a better fighter than Vitiate. Yet, Vitiate humbled the greatest champion of the Jedi Order - in Revan - in both encounters. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vitiate never felt the need to use a melee weapon to defeat an opponent; his powers are more than enough to make-up for this deficiency in Jedi dueling arts (a combat skill that even Darth Plagueis perceived as waste of effort worth investing in). His combat tactics may not comprise of eye-popping action sequences but they are good enough to humble any opponent. OUTCOME is all that matters in the end.

It doesn't matters if Baas was able to contend extremely well with Exar Kun in single combat, performing eye-popping maneuvers during the course of confrontation! He still failed. Vitiate, on the other hand, would overwhelm Exar Kun with his powers from a distance. OUTCOME in both cases is expected to be decisively different and your subjective assessment is worthless.

Originally posted by MythLord
Let's also not forget to mention Alek's own relatively sub-par combat skills, since I can't remember when a "high ranking Force sensitive" was actually one-shotted by a non-Force sensitive:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-c-055JRFk8c/WMfMkHwuzlI/AAAAAAAACr4/IehSGXkhWU8TV2yfD6qIdYRmi88cQygmgCL0B/h607/2017-03-14.png

Let's compare that to a pre-prime Ulic defeating a similar foe, despite disadvantageous circumstances:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pLEd-wcClxc/WMfOmePzbdI/AAAAAAAACsA/0g4h_9sLMJkAgrRDiOGab3KZAADEc_d1wCL0B/h937/2017-03-14.png

Yeah... hard to see Revan and Alek even beating Ulic together, much less "destroying" him.
Ah yes ....... let us consider a moment of embarrassment of Alek at the hands of arguably the greatest Mandalorian warrior to have ever existed - during an early stage of the Mandalorian Wars - and use it as a benchmark to evaluate Alek's strength and capabilities by the time he contended with Vitiate alongside Revan. roll eyes (sarcastic)

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/14/147508/5599612-krayt+vs+anakin+%2359.png

Let us also assume that Anakin Skywalker sucks because he got his @ss handed to him by A'sharad Hett in a fight. Nevermind, Anakin's growth in strength and capabilities afterwards.

By the way, Ulic Qel-Droma was a Dark Lord of the Sith at that point in time and had fought Exar Kun to a standstill earlier. I wouldn't consider him pre-prime at this point.

Your comparison is useless. See my response to member SunRazer above.

Beniboybling
I suppose any notable warrior and his mom is a better fighter than Vitiate. Finally, you're learning. thumb up

Azronger
When it comes to understanding combat and tactical awareness, it's actually true thumb up

Rockydonovang
Kun~Bass>vitiate

Tondemonai
Spite. Viti easily

TheMuser
Wollf, you do realize that the Ulic>Vitiate Arguments are actually skechy, and this is coming from me.

MythLord

MythLord
I meant Alek. It's not letting me edit, so I'll just leave this here.

Rockydonovang
Wollf wrecking

Geistalt
Vitiate > Kun.

SoR Revan > Kun.

There's a difference between thinking you've mastered everything and actually learning everything.

MythLord
Prime Vitiate might be > Kun.

Doubt Novel Vitiate is, tho. :3

Geistalt
He learned all the Jedi had to teach.

He learned how to kick Malak's ass. Twice.

It's also retarded that people say "oh; Scourge helped" when all he did was stab the Exile in the back.

Geistalt
Let me know when Kun is so far > anyone else in the galaxy he goes unquestioned by billions for centuries, tho.

MythLord
So political control and being capable of stomping utter fodder for centuries(where Revan was in effective stasis) is suddenly a showing of power? LMAO.

Let me know when Vitiate surpasses "the darkest power in the galaxy"(bar the obvious exceptions that retconned said quote; which Vitiate didn't).

Geistalt
Despite being created after said retcon.

Geistalt
Retcons, rather.

You get the Son.
And then you get Abeloth.

And frying 9 Dark Council members at once hardly qualifies as stomping "utter fodder."

Geistalt
Let me know when the Jedi Order's doomed unless someone personally deals with Kun (against whom "legions" have failed).

MythLord
The problem is, just because a few new characters are suddenly superior to Exar doesn't mean all of them are.

Kun was very much a threat to the Jedi Order. And he sure as hell can stomp a bunch of unknown fodders.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.