Gladiator Sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Ridley Scott says he wants to make a sequel to Gladiator...?

http://theplaylist.net/ridley-scott-says-hes-still-trying-make-sequel-gladiator-20170313/

...the f#ck, Nick Cave's idea sounds stupid as f#$k.

Flyattractor
Was Ridley involved with the First Glads Movie?

(yes...to lazy to google)

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

http://theplaylist.net/ridley-scott-says-hes-still-trying-make-sequel-gladiator-20170313/

Ya that premise totally takes a dump on the legacy of Gladiator.

Ummm...how about Hollywood doesn't bastardize another modern classic and do an original movie?

Patient_Leech
I thought Ridley Scott's Robin Hood was sort of an attempt to make a Gladiator sequel, heh.

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Ummm...how about Hollywood doesn't bastardize another modern classic and do an original movie?

Yeah, why not just make another film set in ancient Rome? I hope to god they don't actually try to resurrect Maximus.

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Smh

Robtard
Love Gladiator, I watched it twice at the theater opening weekend and it's aged well, can turn it on in the middle and still enjoy it to this day.

Having said that, bringing back Maximus is ridiculous, it's a standalone film, let it be, but turning the character into some fantasy/mythical sort is beyond retarded. Cave should be kicked in the nuts until he's unconscious for even mouthing such a shitty idea.

The suggested end sounds like a mild rip-off of the opening scene of X-Men Origins: Wolverine with a Cartaphilus/Wandering Jew-esque twist. All in all, I'm disgusted 10/10 for this film idea.

quanchi112
Why not ?? Let it happen.

Kazenji

Smh

Just don't bother with him, You'll get a headache or something else.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by quanchi112

C'mon Quan. KMC needs to unite against this. That way, if and when it happens, we can all remember fondly how stupid we said it was.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Robtard
Love Gladiator, I watched it twice at the theater opening weekend and it's aged well, can turn it on in the middle and still enjoy it to this day.

Having said that, bringing back Maximus is ridiculous, it's a standalone film, let it be, but turning the character into some fantasy/mythical sort is beyond retarded. Cave should be kicked in the nuts until he's unconscious for even mouthing such a shitty idea.

The suggested end sounds like a mild rip-off of the opening scene of X-Men Origins: Wolverine with a Cartaphilus/Wandering Jew-esque twist. All in all, I'm disgusted 10/10 for this film idea.

Yep, Gladiator doesn't need to go into a god of war/gods of Egypt/dante's inferno type of setting. He got his revenge and changed the empire, let it be done.

It befuddles me how this is even in consideration. There could be no better example of a critically-acclaimed, commercially-successful, audience-loved movie with a such a tragic main character that ends up dying in the end as Maximus. That's it. End-o-story.

Kazenji

Ridley's been saying that for years or other people have, Sequel idea's.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Yes he did

Esau Cairn

I think the article is fake in the sense that it's not current.
I heard about Cave's script over 15 years ago.

There was never any mention of Christ.
Maximus finds himself in Hades & battles the demon hordes to escape.
He becomes the God Of War on Earth doomed to fight in every major war is throughout history.
The movie/script ends with Maximus at the helm of a huge "star destroyer" in space surrounded by thousands of enemy ships.

I like Cave's scripts & music & thought his collaboration with Scott was crazy enough to work.

BruceSkywalker
there is no need for a sequel

quanchi112
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Yep, Gladiator doesn't need to go into a god of war/gods of Egypt/dante's inferno type of setting. He got his revenge and changed the empire, let it be done.

It befuddles me how this is even in consideration. There could be no better example of a critically-acclaimed, commercially-successful, audience-loved movie with a such a tragic main character that ends up dying in the end as Maximus. That's it. End-o-story. I doubt it'll happen but I'm usually in favor of the more fantastical of films. Bring it on.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yes he did
Thank you for the Kind Response to a Civil Question.
I thought Ridley Scott's Robin Hood was sort of an attempt to make a Gladiator sequel, heh.

Yeah, why not just make another film set in ancient Rome? I hope to god they don't actually try to resurrect Maximus.

Smh
I am not familiar with that person...thanks for the response...even it it was unhelpful..
Originally posted by Kazenji
Just don't bother with him, You'll get a headache or something else.
You like the pain...just admit it.

queeq

Please no.

Robtard

Because the proposed idea sounds like a pile of shit. Rather have the very talented director do something that is not a pile of shit.

Patient_Leech
Let's hope he forgets about this idea and doubles down and continues his Alien franchise ASAP while he's still alive.

queeq
Let's hope he makes Covenant really good. An not just a rehash of his 1979 hit movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by queeq
Let's hope he makes Covenant really good. An not just a rehash of his 1979 hit movie.

I hate to break it to you, but I fear you will undoubtedly find it to be very reminiscent of the original Alien because think about what Alien was: it was a B-movie horror flick set in space with amazing production design, with A+ production design. It was a B-movie premise treated like an A production and it also included some clever writing that elevated it a little bit also. That's what Ridley Scott does, he makes spectacular productions and he likes to mix in some loftier ideas where he can. And it looks as if Covenant won't have a much different premise. It's still a pretty B-movie premise that might try to sneak in some loftier ideas that aren't usually in most B-movies. Prometheus had those loftier ideas and many people still bitched about it. Prometheus was sort of an attempt to take the B-movie out of the B-movie premise, sort of give it a bit more of an intellectual spin, still keep that amazing production design and some thrills, but also have more underlying ideas. And everyone bitched. So he's probably going back a bit more to the violent horror roots of the series, at least with the ads. But if what we hear is correct it's supposed to be a good mixture of violent horror and some grand scale.

quanchi112
Because the proposed idea sounds like a pile of shit. Rather have the very talented director do something that is not a pile of shit. Iyo but you don't enjoy fantasy anywhere near to the degree I do. I see everything.

Khazra Reborn
That sequel proposal is bat shit insane for a Gladiator follow up. It might be cool as it's own movie, but don't try and stuff it into Gladiator, a movie that was more or less grounded in realism.

queeq
Agree.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
That sequel proposal is bat shit insane for a Gladiator follow up. It might be cool as it's own movie, but don't try and stuff it into Gladiator, a movie that was more or less grounded in realism.

Gladiator might've been set in realism but it also portrayed a time when Greek mythology clashed with Christian beliefs.

The idea that Maximus becomes the God Of War is a pretty cool notion.

But as I mentioned earlier, Cave's script is over 15 years old...if there was any truth to a sequel, then there would have been numerous other script ideas written since.

Robtard
Iyo but you don't enjoy fantasy anywhere near to the degree I do. I see everything.

Said long before that I love SciFi and Fantasy, this script as stated wouldn't be good fantasy. But it seems like you're just trying to do your silly dick-measuring thing again. Meh.

quanchi112
Said long before that I love SciFi and Fantasy, this script as stated wouldn't be good fantasy. But it seems like you're just trying to do your silly dick-measuring thing again. Meh. Not to the extent I do, obviously. I see everything the moment it comes out. You don't. You may like it but I love it.

Kazenji
The dick measuring contest continues....

Patient_Leech
Yeah, quanch is very effective at stunting any potential intelligent conversation with this nonsense all the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.