The Matrix Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Well goddamn, I guess it was only a matter of time, but it still seems rather soon to me..

They are indeed in the early stages of remaking The Matrix...

Yahoo!

So does this mean they are going to reboot it and make the same sequels that the Wachowskis made or make it in such a way that it will go on for more than just three films...? oh, lord. I'm pretty sure I disapprove of this idea. I think it's kind of a pathetic and desperate attempt by WB to make money. But I fear it will backfire on them because it's probably not going to have the same innovative impact that it had back in 1999. The Matrix Trilogy is actually a quite impressive work of art and I don't think it can really be recaptured.

riv6672
Can't say this excites me, for the same reasons you pointed out. Meh.

Patient_Leech
I read a few years ago that the Wachowskis were approached about writing and directing a 4th film, but I guess they declined. I would have been much more interested in that.

quanchi112
I would definitely rather have a sequel post trilogy not a damn reboot since the first trilogy was awesome.

Firefly218
There's no possible way to make a better movie than the first Matrix. That movie is as close to perfection as you'll ever get

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I read a few years ago that the Wachowskis were approached about writing and directing a 4th film, but I guess they declined. I would have been much more interested in that.
Given time to see how the movies have been received over the years, i'd have been interested in what they came up with.

KCJ506
Something tells me they only got the idea to do this after John Wick 2 having both Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne. As well as the two of them along with Carrie-Anne Moss having a "Matrix Reunion" at the premiere.

steverules_2
Keanu Reeves said he'd be up for a 4th film, maybe he'll make a cameo

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
Keanu Reeves said he'd be up for a 4th film, maybe he'll make a cameo

He said he'd be up for it if the Wachowskis were writing and directing. I doubt he'd be interested otherwise.

steverules_2
Did he? Oh, maybe not then

Patient_Leech
Did he? Oh, maybe not then

From the Yahoo article I originally posted...

Robtard
First film was rather great for the time, the two that followed weren't as good. I don't see the need for a remake, at least this soon, wait another 10+ years.

One of the main great points to the film was the initial not knowing about humanity being trapped in a simulation. That mystery is gone with the remake

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
First film was rather great for the time, the two that followed weren't as good. I don't see the need for a remake, at least this soon, wait another 10+ years.

One of the main great points to the film was the initial not knowing about humanity being trapped in a simulation. That mystery is gone with the remake

The Colon Creeper speaks the truth.

The first Matrix was gold, if you ask me. The sequels were unnecessary and were sub-par.

Flyattractor
If they can Reboot it in a way that it makes sense and doesn't suck I will have no prob with this.

But I somehow doubt they can pull this off.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard

Good point. Except clueless tweens who have never heard of the original movie might actually be surprised.

But yeah, the movie will only piss off old farts like us: "Oh, f#$k this, watch the original!" Kind of like remaking Point Break. I did not give a F#$K about that. I watched the original again instead.

steverules_2
The first film was good, didn't need sequels

Patient_Leech
Fu#k, why don't they just go down Keanu Reeves filmography and remake all of his films? I'm surprised they haven't done Speed yet...

steverules_2
Please don't let a remake of speed be made, he turned down Speed 2 so he dodged a bullet there

Surtur
Fu#k, why don't they just go down Keanu Reeves filmography and remake all of his films? I'm surprised they haven't done Speed yet...

Doing speed is part of the problem, they do a bunch of it and it causes them to stay up all night coming up with crazy ideas like "lets remake the Matrix".

I would have been interested in a prequel. We know Neo isn't the first "one". I would have liked to see a movie about the very first "one". Or perhaps a sequel about the person who is the next "one" after Neo.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Doing speed is part of the problem, they do a bunch of it and it causes them to stay up all night coming up with crazy ideas like "lets remake the Matrix".

I would have been interested in a prequel. We know Neo isn't the first "one". I would have liked to see a movie about the very first "one". Or perhaps a sequel about the person who is the next "one" after Neo.

Yup. Or a live-action version of the "Second Renaissance: Parts 1 & 2" from the Animatrix.. how the clash between man and machine went down. That could be a fu#king awesome film or even series of films. The the "Planet of the Apes" reboot team on that!

Kazenji

Patient_Leech
Please don't let a remake of speed be made, he turned down Speed 2 so he dodged a bullet there

I see what you did there.

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/the-matrix-billboard.jpg

marwash22
NjUQMs0kVEI

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/new-matrix-movie-writer-says-its-not-a-reboot?abthid=58cc513605a18a561600000f

Thank fuk. It's not a reboot, it's a continuation. Now sure how though

Ridley_Prime
Now I'm somewhat more interested. They'll probably end up having a new guy that becomes The One and all that.

Patient_Leech
Thanks the lawd, yeah, that's the smarter move, continuing it Star Wars style because the potential is definitely there. I hope the intention is to keep it R rated and good intelligent science fiction, though, and not the nostalgic goofy mess that Star Wars has become.

Kazenji
The Matrix was R rated in the U.S.?

wow...ok then.

Surtur
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/new-matrix-movie-writer-says-its-not-a-reboot?abthid=58cc513605a18a561600000f

Thank fuk. It's not a reboot, it's a continuation. Now sure how though

My favorite part was:

"The Matrix creators the Wachowski siblings are not at all involved in the project"

This is good news.

Ridley_Prime
Thanks the lawd, yeah, that's the smarter move, continuing it Star Wars style because the potential is definitely there. I hope the intention is to keep it R rated and good intelligent science fiction, though, and not the nostalgic goofy mess that Star Wars has become.
You have an obsession against SW nowadays. confused Doubt it'll still ride the nostalgia train come episode VIII or at least the way it has so far, but we'll see. Also don't think they'll change Matrix's rating.

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Matrix was R rated in the U.S.?

wow...ok then.
It made sense to a certain degree I felt, though I may be biased since the first Matrix is kinda special to me in the sense that it was one of the first R films I was able to see as a youngin'.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

It made sense to a certain degree I felt. The first Matrix is kinda special to me far as that since it was one of the first R films I was able to see as a youngin'.

All 3 movies got more of a M rating here Australia, I think M is what PG-13 is in America and no nothing was cut from them.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It made sense to a certain degree I felt, though I may be biased since the first Matrix is kinda special to me in the sense that it was one of the first R films I was able to see as a youngin'.

Same here, it was one of my first R films also. It was also one of the first films I saw on a DVD (whoa!).

All 3 movies got more of a M rating here Australia, I think M is what PG-13 is in America and no nothing was cut from them.

Yeah, remember he shoots up an entire government lobby, and those fight scenes were extremely brutal and at times a bit violent. It's not Texas Chainsaw Massacre, no, but it's still violent. And I think they are a little more lenient with 'foul' language in more recent films than they were back then.

quanchi112
So this could be a Morpheus centric prequel which sounds awesome. I can get behind this now. I was always wondering why they didn't pull the trigger on more Matrix sequels/prequels.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
I was always wondering why they didn't pull the trigger on more Matrix sequels/prequels.
Because the Wachowskis had their vision from the beginning of three films and didn't want to do any others.

quanchi112
Because the Wachowskis had their vision from the beginning of three films and didn't want to do any others. They don't own the franchise and they have realized such garbage since the trilogy who cares what they think. Just as Star Wars continued without Lucas so can the Matrix continue without them.

Patient_Leech
They don't own the franchise and they have realized such garbage since the trilogy who cares what they think. Just as Star Wars continued without Lucas so can the Matrix continue without them.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I was simply explaining why there hasn't been anything more as of yet. It also sounds like the Studio does want to attempt to have some respect towards what the Wachowskis created because they hope to get their approval before moving forward. Now, supposing they don't get their approval I wonder if they will still move forward with the project. I suspect that in order to approve of a continuation the Wachowskis would want to at least be involved in the writing. But who knows...

BruceSkywalker
will most likely pass

Surtur
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I was simply explaining why there hasn't been anything more as of yet. It also sounds like the Studio does want to attempt to have some respect towards what the Wachowskis created because they hope to get their approval before moving forward. Now, supposing they don't get their approval I wonder if they will still move forward with the project. I suspect that in order to approve of a continuation the Wachowskis would want to at least be involved in the writing. But who knows...

Also Keanu Reeves has said he'd only ever come back if the Wachowskis wrote and directed.

Which..actually isn't a bad thing. Though to be honest I'd rather have some kind of sequel as opposed to some kind of prequel with Morpheus. If they do a prequel I would rather them go back to before people like Morpheus had even been born. Or maybe characters with which we know next to nothing about(not that we know a bunch about Morpheus).

An interesting line from the 2nd film about the Merovingian is "he used to be like you" which is said to Neo. Was it meant literally, as in the Merovingian was a previous "one"? Does this imply it is possible for a human to become a program? Was it not literal, and just meant he used to be less of a dick and more heroic?

Ridley_Prime
... Did Hugo Weaving say anything similar to Reeves about "I'll return if ___" ?

marwash22
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Thank fuk. It's not a reboot, it's a continuation. Now sure how though ah, okay. i can get behind a continuation of the story.

marwash22
Arachnid, there's plenty of fertile ground to be explored.

Flyattractor

I have no prob with this. Mainly cause the last 2 movies totally SUCKED Balls.
Shit while they are at it REBOOt the entire fricking DCCU too.

quanchi112
Yes, the matrix was amazing. I just hope they tell a good story and make this a very good film. Morpheus was always interesting.

Flyattractor
Yes, the matrix was amazing. I just hope they tell a good story and make this a very good film. Morpheus was always interesting.

Then they better not let the Wachowski bro...I mean SISTERS anywhere near this....

Dude111
It will be a piece of utter garbage like everything else they ruin!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dude111
It will be a piece of utter garbage like everything else they ruin!! What are you talking about ?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Dude111
It will be a piece of utter garbage like everything else they ruin!!

Well it's not a remake anymore, so that's a great thing. A remake would be a horrible mistake. It has potential to at least be entertaining fan-fodder now.

Kazenji
Morpheus reportedly being eyed as the center of the new movie

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/new-matrix-movie-reportedly-could-center-on-morpheus-247

quanchi112
I already said so, Kaz. Quit throwing old info at us.

Kazenji
No one listens to you anyway

also you might have said, But you didn't provide a link about it.

quanchi112
No one listens to you anyway

also you might have said, But you didn't provide a link about it. A link isn't necessary when I can convey the point of the link in my own words, dummy. You just post links from SCREENRANT.

Patient_Leech
Kaz is right, quanch. No one takes you seriously. If you provided a link you might gain some credibility.

Hm... I think I'd rather see a continuation, not a prequel unless of course they go back to the very beginning with the overthrow of humanity and throwing them into the pods. I'd like to see more stuff take place in the real world and in the Machine City. That's cool pulpy sci-fi shit.

quanchi112
Kaz is right, quanch. No one takes you seriously. If you provided a link you might gain some credibility.

Hm... I think I'd rather see a continuation, not a prequel unless of course they go back to the very beginning with the overthrow of humanity and throwing them into the pods. I'd like to see more stuff take place in the real world and in the Machine City. That's cool pulpy sci-fi shit. Oh no we don't need more real world stuff we need more matrix. That's what went wrong with the final film. Too much real world stuff. Throw some in there but the bulk should be placed in the Matrix world. That's what made these films special and unique.

Patient_Leech
That's what went wrong with the final film. Too much real world stuff.

Nope. That shit's cool. Dirty, grungy stuff. Hell, even in The Matrix (1999) a lot of the matrix action was still kind of dirty and grungy, a lot of the fights. The sequels looked a little too squeaky clean and neat.

quanchi112
Nope. That shit's cool. Dirty, grungy stuff. Hell, even in The Matrix (1999) a lot of the matrix action was still kind of dirty and grungy, a lot of the fights. The sequels looked a little too squeaky clean and neat. Well your opinion of what you wAnt seems to be apparently all the same. Boring. Sci Fi and dark. You love the Riddick universe when it's overall very weak compared to other great Sci Fi films. You are a one trick pony and guess what I don't care if you think I'm lying or not. You're just some loser on the Internet.

Patient_Leech
Please, quanchi. No one takes you seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I actually am a big defender of the sequels, but I'm just pointing out how they did separate themselves quite a bit from the first film.

quanchi112
Please, quanchi. No one takes you seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I actually am a big defender of the sequels, but I'm just pointing out how they did separate themselves quite a bit from the first film. Says the guy who has done nothing on this site. You have no impact. You're just some guy who loves dark Sci Fi. I am well known and actually have an impact on the entire forum. You're an extra on the set of a major film whereas I am the big bad.

Point is what made the matrix films interesting is their virtual world not the real world outside of it.

Patient_Leech
Says the guy who has done nothing on this site. You have no impact. You're just some guy who loves dark Sci Fi. I am well known and actually have an impact on the entire forum. You're an extra on the set of a major film whereas I am the big bad.

laughing out loud You're a delusional megalomaniac, quanch. Nothing more.

quanchi112
laughing out loud You're a delusional megalomaniac, quanch. Nothing more. And you're a ghost. I win.

John Murdoch
Well goddamn, I guess it was only a matter of time, but it still seems rather soon to me..

They are indeed in the early stages of remaking The Matrix...

Yahoo!

So does this mean they are going to reboot it and make the same sequels that the Wachowskis made or make it in such a way that it will go on for more than just three films...? oh, lord. I'm pretty sure I disapprove of this idea. I think it's kind of a pathetic and desperate attempt by WB to make money. But I fear it will backfire on them because it's probably not going to have the same innovative impact that it had back in 1999. The Matrix Trilogy is actually a quite impressive work of art and I don't think it can really be recaptured.

Agree with about everything here, but if WB is bound and determined to make more Matrices, make them sequels and not reboots.

Kazenji
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Agree with about everything here, but if WB is bound and determined to make more Matrices, make them sequels and not reboots.

Its already confirmed its not a reboot.

Surtur
Oh no we don't need more real world stuff we need more matrix. That's what went wrong with the final film. Too much real world stuff. Throw some in there but the bulk should be placed in the Matrix world. That's what made these films special and unique.

I have to say I agree. Zion is best left seen in brief glimpses. Or better yet not at all, and just referenced.

Sure when you watch the first film and you hear about it you are curious, but then when they show it to you in later films..you wish they didn't. That scene where they all start dancing to what seemed to be techno music was cringeworthy. They even show us their water filtration plants, because reasons.

Zion seems like a horrible place to live and I don't blame the guy from the first movie for wanting to be mind wiped and placed back in the matrix unaware it wasn't real.

The intricacies of the Matrix interest me more than anything else.

Patient_Leech
I'm not so interested in the Zion setting either. But the Machine City is pulp sci-fi gold.

Surtur
I'm not so interested in the Zion setting either. But the Machine City is pulp sci-fi gold.

I guess it is kinda cool looking, plus maybe we should look at the robots not as evil or cold hearted but as agents of mercy. After all, is it not a mercy to snuff these people out of their miserable existence? Saving them from a lifetime of eating that goop every single day and having nothing to look forward to but a rave party.

To the robots it was probably akin to cutting off the life support for someone in a vegetative state.

These things are heroes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.