Yoda vs Kyp, TK battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
Round 1: Kyp doesn't get "inconsistent" dovin basal feat
Round 2: Kyp gets dovin basal feat

DarthAnt66
The Dovin Basal feat isn't inconsistent, just the context is ignored.

Yoda wins unless Durron sacrifices all morals and becomes bloodlusted.

Even then, I could still see Yoda winning, but I'm not sure.

Obviously if Yoda sacrifices everything for victory too, he demolishes Durron.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Dovin Basal feat isn't inconsistent, just the context is ignored.

Yoda wins unless Durron sacrifices all morals and becomes bloodlusted.

Even then, I could still see Yoda winning, but I'm not sure.
I was making fun of those who I've heard dismiss the showing due to "inconsistency", hence the air quotes.

What's the context?

Rockydonovang
Both are using Jedi abilities, but both are willing to kill. Yoda doesn't get, "could annihilate sidious" hype

DarthAnt66
"When I was still a teenager, I was able to reach into the gravity well of a gas giant and pull a spacecraft out of it. That's something that not many Masters could accomplish. I could do it because I was strong in the Force ... and because I had absolute faith in my right, my need to use that craft for a specific purpose. But I doubt I could do it today. I'm no weaker in the Force, and I'm a lot more skilled... but today I'd know that my intended purpose was not a good one, and this knowledge would deny me the focus I needed then to perform that task. So was I a Master then, or am I a Master now?"

A different feat, but the same concept, I believe. ^

Unless Durron is in the same mental state (of absolute necessity / evil intentions), he's not replicating his best feats.

In a slugging contest against Yoda, I don't see him getting there. If he does, it's hard to imagine anymore but Sidious + overpowering Yoda via virtue of corrupt will.

Rockydonovang
"When I was still a teenager, I was able to reach into the gravity well of a gas giant and pull a spacecraft out of it. That's something that not many Masters could accomplish. I could do it because I was strong in the Force ... and because I had absolute faith in my right, my need to use that craft for a specific purpose. But I doubt I could do it today. I'm no weaker in the Force, and I'm a lot more skilled... but today I'd know that my intended purpose was not a good one, and this knowledge would deny me the focus I needed then to perform that task. So was I a Master then, or am I a Master now?"

A different feat, but the same concept, I believe. ^

Unless Durron is in the same mental state (of absolute necessity / evil intentions), he's not replicating his best feats.

In a slugging contest against Yoda, I don't see him getting there. If he does, it's hard to imagine anymore but Sidious + overpowering Yoda via virtue of corrupt will.
Was the David Bosal showing before or after this? The above seems like a mental hindrance preventing him rather than him lacking an amp

Anyhow,for the purpose of this battle, in round 2, both are acting out of "absolute necessity"

DarthAnt66
The quote was stated after the Dovin Basal. It's from LOTF.

Rockydonovang
The quote was stated after the Dovin Basal. It's from LOTF.
Seems fair, either way as stated above round 2 both have "absolute faith in the right"

Tondemonai
The Dovin Basal feat happened after the one he was talking about, but the quote is from after the Dovin Basal feat

Rockydonovang
Regardless, kyp needing to be emotionally sure of what he's doing doesn't equal to kyp needing to "sacrifice all morals" to replicate his best showings. So while round 1 should go to yoda, round 2 goes to kyp imo

DarthAnt66
You're misunderstanding me. Durron isn't going to be "sure of what he's doing" in a battle against a Jedi Master as of LOTF.

No Jedi would be, really.

The only way he's getting to that conviction is via embracing the dark side and sacrificing everything he's got.

Rockydonovang
You're misunderstanding me. Durron isn't going to be "sure of what he's doing" in a battle against a Jedi Master as of LOTF.

No Jedi would be, really.

The only way he's getting to that conviction is via embracing the dark side and sacrificing everything he's got.
You're misunderstanding me. I've given kyp the ability in round 2 to achieve conviction without being bloodlusted. He isn't going to have a mental hindrance here, neither is yoda(who doesn't have one anyway). But neither are bloodlusted or making use of darkside powers.

And yes Jedi can achieve conviction without turning to the darkside

Geistalt
Round 1: Yoda.
Round 2: The dude capable of TKing singularities.

NewGuy01
Yoda, either way.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yoda, either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.