TenebWay's algebra that nobody cares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TenebrousWay
I'm going to use this topic to try to approximately quantify TK feats from the mythos, from time to time. smile

If you have one particular feat you're interested to know about, you're welcome to post it here as well.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I.e. Calcs?

TenebrousWay
Yes!

Azronger
Cool. Start with this unfinished thread:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/every-single-star-wars-telekinesis-feat-1834360/

TenebrousWay
The first analyzed is Malgus deacelerating and holding a back a freighter/modified dropship for some time in the novel Deceived.

The feat:

Measuring the beast:

First of all, we're going to assume the Razor, the ship in question, is a mundane freighter/modified dropship. It's length should be around 25-40 meters and it's weight should be around 200-300 tons.

The math:

The math on this one is fairly simple. If we consider that the ship's thrusters were at full power or close to - supported by the part that was stated "they began to whine" - and assuming that spaceships in Star Wars can accelerate at hundreds, or even thousands of G's. Here's an exemple of acceleration. I'll analyze three scenarios:

Scenario One: The ship does have a very conservative acceleration of 52 G's.

In this case the ship's thrusters is applying a Force F equal to F = 300,000*510 (one G has been ignored due to gravity). F = 153000000 N. This value is equivalent as if Malgus could throw a 15,300 tons ship with an acceleration of 1G.

This is equivalent as if Malgus could throw a Kilauea-class ammunition ship with an acceleration of 1G. The ship does have 172 meters of length.

Scenario Two: This one is the most likely scenario, in my opnion, given the listed acceleration capacity of many ships. Here, the ship does have an acceleration of 202 G's.

In this case the ship's thrusters are applying a Force F equal to F = 300,000*2020 = 606000000N. This value is equivalent as if Malgus could throw a 60,000 tons ship with an acceleration of 1G.

This is equivalent as if Malgus could throw the SS Chesapeake with an acceleration of 4 G's or the USS Kitty Hawk with an acceleration of 1G. The first ship does have 224 meters of lenght and the USS Kitty Hawk, 326 meters.

Scenario Three: This one, while possible, is highly unlikely as dropships and freighters aren't usually listed to have access to this kind of acceleration. Here, the ship does have an acceleration of 1002 G's.

In this case the ship's thrusters are applying a Force F equal to F = 300,000*10020 = 3006000000N. This value is equivalent as if Malgus could throw a 300,000 tons ship with an acceleration of 1G. This is also equivalent as if Malgus could throw the USS Kitty Hawk with an acceleration of 5 G's. The ship does have 326 meters of length.

Even the most conservative estimate provides a most impressive feat, especially considering Malgus was significantly pre-prime when he accomplished that.

Geistalt
Shame no one knows how massive dovin basals' micro-black holes are.

Although they have at least enough mass to obliterate freighters.

NewGuy01
Issue is, different basals have different magnitudes of effect.

TenebrousWay
I'm probably going to do a simulation of the Lusankya feat next. smile

S_W_LeGenD
@TenebrousWay

You have great skills. Impressive. thumb up

Azronger
Yeah, that was pretty nice. I'd like you to compare it to Dooku's and Vader's feats next.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah nicely done, I did something like it on CV where a user made an interesting remark how the ship when launching wouldn't have been using the full power of the engines (considering it was on auto pilot) then again the engines where whining so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.