Rip Netherlands ~ Wilders Loses!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chingchangwalla
Hope you Dutch retards are happy with radical Islamists raping your women and daughters

Nephthys
Trump was a warning to the world. Good to see the Dutch heeding it.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Nephthys
One could argue that Brexit was the original warning.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Hope you Dutch retards are happy with radical Islamists raping your women and daughters
This is too much. Wilders was too much.

Bashar Teg

dey tuk r jerbs?

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
One could argue that Brexit was the original warning.

Or that the state of affairs in this country that caused Trump to have any chance at all at becoming president was our first warning. Actually, the first warning should have been when Trump got the nomination. But no, they laughed and laughed at the thought.

And now? Trump is sleeping in the White House smile

Bashar Teg
maybe when all is said and done, trump will have served the noble purpose of preventing a populist takeover in europe. hopefully the trend will continue and la pen will suffer an equally humiliating defeat.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nephthys
This comment is not surprising.

Neph is a Rape Supporter.

rolling on floor laughing

aalyasecura95
very good that europe is waking up after trump and brexit and seeing what a disaster the far-rights policies are. tolerance and openness are the answer not racism and hate. well done to the dutch people.

Surtur
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
very good that europe is waking up after trump and brexit and seeing what a disaster the far-rights policies are. tolerance and openness are the answer not racism and hate. well done to the dutch people.

I know right, like those right wing policies that let all those migrants into various European countries in the past year or two.

Flyattractor
And it is those Right Wing Policies that want to clamp down and punish those "free speech" abusers on Facebook and the like.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Surtur
I know right, like those right wing policies that let all those migrants into various European countries in the past year or two. um has it ever occurred to you that everything is not all the fault of immigrants??? they just come to are countries in search of a better life and that is not wrong. if you were in their position then you would want to come to europe or america. the immigrants are not the problem. the problem are the racists who reject them and demonize them and the governments which don't try to help them.

Lord Lucien
It's great to see that good old fashioned racism still won 5 seats.

Robtard
um has it ever occurred to you that everything is not all the fault of immigrants???

I see you've not properly met Surtur before.

Emperordmb
When there was literally a mob of over a thousand immigrants committing sex crimes in Germany, when crime rates in Sweden (particularly rape) rose drastically due to immigration, and when quite a number of immigrants hold anti-western values, it's unfair to say a tough on immigration stance is due to racism and that it can't possibly be due to legitimate concerns.

Robtard
IMO, when you blanket the masses due to the actions of the few (by comparison) in order to demonize a people, that's probably due to racism.

iirc, the "mob of thousand immigrant rapist" was a hoax, confirmed by German police. I didn't feel like looking into your other claims.

Emperordmb
It's not demonizing everyone to say that current immigration policies in Germany and Sweden are clearly detrimental to the countries themselves and their citizens when pointing out crime statistics. There's a difference between saying "**** all of those filthy ****ing brown people" and "crime and sexual assault are rising due to mass immigration, this isn't grounds to say all immigrants are terrible but we should consider a stricter immigration policy.

Emperordmb
And nah the mob of rapists on the 2015-2016 New Year wasn't a hoax, but a diner claiming they had a crowd of people sexually assaulting people in the 2016-2017 New Year was a hoax. You're mixing up incidents.

Robtard
Originally posted by Emperordmb
It's not demonizing everyone to say that current immigration policies in Germany and Sweden are clearly detrimental to the countries themselves and their citizens when pointing out crime statistics. There's a difference between saying "**** all of those filthy ****ing brown people" and "crime and sexual assault are rising due to mass immigration, this isn't grounds to say all immigrants are terrible but we should consider a stricter immigration policy. If only the later of what you said was the prevailing view used.

And nah the mob of rapists on the 2015-2016 New Year wasn't a hoax, but a diner claiming they had a crowd of people sexually assaulting people in the 2016-2017 New Year was a hoax. You're mixing up incidents.

I'll take your word for it until I have time to look it up, but I recall the new years eve "gangs of rapist" as being spin, there were incidents, but not to the extreme that was pushed by some outlets.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Robtard
IMO, when you blanket the masses due to the actions of the few (by comparison) in order to demonize a people, that's probably due to racism.

iirc, the "mob of thousand immigrant rapist" was a hoax, confirmed by German police. I didn't feel like looking into your other claims. Politifact's article on "What the statistics say about Sweden, immigration and crime." Scroll down to the subheading "What about claims linking new arrivals and crime?" for relevant info.

The BBC article about the 2016 New Years Cologne.

aalyasecura95
It's not demonizing everyone to say that current immigration policies in Germany and Sweden are clearly detrimental to the countries themselves and their citizens when pointing out crime statistics. There's a difference between saying "**** all of those filthy ****ing brown people" and "crime and sexual assault are rising due to mass immigration, this isn't grounds to say all immigrants are terrible but we should consider a stricter immigration policy. you are acting under the assumption that all racism and demonization is out in the open and explicitly said with vile language. but racism means any sort of discrimination or singling out a group of people. that's why trump's campaign was considered racist. he may have tried to mask his racism against people like mexicans by saying "but some are some good people". but that doesn't make what is said any better. the same goes for the muslim ban. acknowledging that not all muslims are bad means nothing if you are going to ban them all from coming into the country and say things which are clearly racist and are implying that muslims are more violent or whatever.

like i understand controlling borders but we shouldn't act like natives of countries don't commit crimes like rape as well and act like immigration is sole cause of the problems we face. if some immigrants commit crimes then hire more police. if immigrants are taking up housing then build more houses.

socool8520
you are acting under the assumption that all racism and demonization is out in the open and explicitly said with vile language. but racism means any sort of discrimination or singling out a group of people. that's why trump's campaign was considered racist. he may have tried to mask his racism against people like mexicans by saying "but some are some good people". but that doesn't make what is said any better. the same goes for the muslim ban. acknowledging that not all muslims are bad means nothing if you are going to ban them all from coming into the country and say things which are clearly racist and are implying that muslims are more violent or whatever.

like i understand controlling borders but we shouldn't act like natives of countries don't commit crimes like rape as well and act like immigration is sole cause of the problems we face. if some immigrants commit crimes then hire more police. if immigrants are taking up housing then build more houses.

I agree with you for the most part, but it works both ways. If you notice an alarming trend with an immigrant group, should you not take actions to fix the problem without everyone screaming racism?

I do not agree with a full ban on muslim people, or any group for that matter, but it's pretty clear that a more stringent policy is needed. The number of attacks in Europe over the last few years should be unacceptable.

Surtur
Originally posted by socool8520
If you notice an alarming trend with an immigrant group, should you not take actions to fix the problem without everyone screaming racism?.

This country is really no longer the sane and rational type of place for some things.

So no lol..some will say the answer to your question is no.

Surtur
um has it ever occurred to you that everything is not all the fault of immigrants??? they just come to are countries in search of a better life and that is not wrong. if you were in their position then you would want to come to europe or america. the immigrants are not the problem. the problem are the racists who reject them and demonize them and the governments which don't try to help them.

So okay, I never said everything is the fault of immigrants.

Surtur

Also remember the reports of the government even covering up the amount of rapes? That is shady as hell.

Emperordmb
Also remember the reports of the government even covering up the amount of rapes? That is shady as hell.
Yeah that was insane.

Lucius
This is unfortunate. I like Wilders. For some stupid reason, the Dutch seem to think that allowing a population of barbarians to live among them is a good idea.

Surtur
Yeah that was insane.

Then I'm also kinda disturbed that Sweden seems to more or less be refusing to say exactly *who* was responsible for the recent riot.

If things are hunky dory why try to cover stuff up?

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by socool8520
I agree with you for the most part, but it works both ways. If you notice an alarming trend with an immigrant group, should you not take actions to fix the problem without everyone screaming racism?

I do not agree with a full ban on muslim people, or any group for that matter, but it's pretty clear that a more stringent policy is needed. The number of attacks in Europe over the last few years should be unacceptable. well i do actually agree to an extent. clearly we need to keep violent people out. but i'm just saying that talk over immigration can easily slip into racism without most people realizing it. the reality with immigration is that some bad people will always slip through and we have to accept that and not try to act as if we are inherently better and immigrants are inherently worse. there is a crisis going on right now and america and other countries need to help and accept far more refugees instead of finding every excuse not to.

and yes we must stop attacks but keep in mind that the far right greatly exaggerates them. it is always a tiny minority of immigrants who commit these crimes and the natives of countries commit serious crimes as well.

So okay, I never said everything is the fault of immigrants. well the way you worded it made it sound like you were labelling immigration in general as a problem.

Surtur
there is a crisis going on right now and america and other countries need to help and accept far more refugees

Why? If we have a chance to help out 10,000 refugees or 10,000 American citizens that are homeless, who should we help out? For the purposes of this hypothetical the answer of "both" is not acceptable.

The "far right" exaggerates them? Okay, and was it the far right that chose to try to cover up the true number of rapes? Was that a far right plot, in your opinion?

If that wasn't a "far right" decision, what was it?

Immigration in general *is* a problem when you let in a massive flood of people like they did lol. Do not confuse that with saying every problem in Europe is being blamed on immigrants. Please do not also call it racism to suggest that massive amounts of unvetted people should not be allowed to flood into a country.

aalyasecura95
Why? uh because we are human beings??? you can't just let innocent refugees suffer when you can help them. that is a disgrace.

"both" IS an acceptable answer. america is the richest country in the world and can definitely afford it. your hero trump just abolished an agency to help homeless people and increased military spending massively. the government has its priorities wrong that is why america still has poverty.

yes the far right does exaggerate them. that is why we have hoaxes about attacks when they haven't actually happened.

and it was wrong for governments to lie about figures but it is somewhat understandable because the far right will do anything to bash immigrants and nitpick stuff to support there agenda. the far right are far more dangerous to the stability of nations than refugees who just want a better life for the most part and don't want to die in warzones. but yes the government should be more open and honest but keep in mind they would be dealing with it behind the scenes anyway. and the far right isn't in a place to lecture to other people about twisting things. "alternative facts" comes to mind.

well there are a lot of people that need to be taken in and helped so that is just the reality of the situation. if we don't help many innocents will die. however i agree that we need to make sure there is some vetting in place but we need to be taking in many more refugees. germany took in almost a million refugees whereas america took in very few by comparison. that is a disgrace. america should be taking more than germany. although clearly we need to expand our police force to deal with the small number of bad people that might slip through. but remember we are no better than they are and a vast majority of refugees just want to be safe.

Silent Master
So what exactly are you doing to help these innocent refugees?

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Silent Master
So what exactly are you doing to help these innocent refugees? spreading awareness so that people wake up to the fact that the government could easily end this problem but chooses to build guns and tanks instead. as well as combating the stereotypes and myths surrounding refugees and promoting an tolerant attitude of the other cultures. a refugee crisis on this scale can only be solved by our governments and large groups of people pressuring them to do something.

Kurk
I mean then again Robtard allows other men bang his wife, but what bearing does that have on this, right?

Robtard
Lots of butthurt this Friday. Oh conservatives...

Bashar Teg
TGIB

Surtur

Rob, is this your way of telling us you're secretly conservative?

Robtard
Umm, I am conservative, sport. I'm fiscally conservative(remember my talk about government leeches?). I'm just not a retarded bigot, silly of you to blanket.

Surtur
Umm, I am conservative, sport. I'm fiscally conservative(remember my talk about government leeches?). I'm just not a retarded bigot, silly of you to blanket.

I know, only a bigot would blanket sad

Raisen
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
maybe when all is said and done, trump will have served the noble purpose of preventing a populist takeover in europe. hopefully the trend will continue and la pen will suffer an equally humiliating defeat.

Sexist

Adam_PoE

How much do you want to bet that the conservative preoccupation with cuckolding is a projection of their own desires, much like every other sexual activity they demonize while secretly participating in?

Maybe if they were not so sexually repressed, they would not care so much about all of the fun other people are having? Maybe if they did not have such tiny penises, they would not worry that another man could steal their wives?

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How much do you want to bet that the conservative preoccupation with cuckolding is a projection of their own desires, much like every other sexual activity they demonize while secretly participating in?

I've seen you use the "cuck" insult as well though. Anyways, you're reading too much into it. Cuck is used as an insult now, it's like saying people who used to use the insult f*g had a preoccupation with gay people.

Hmm, another sweeping generalization? Good, good. Though if we're going to make those, it's usually been my experience that the people who do the "you have a tiny wee wee" usually tend to be small in the pants themselves and try to overcompensate for it by saying others are small down there. I say "usually" because no doubt you are an exception to the rule I'm sure.

Flyattractor
I fall into the Libertarian View of you can do anything you want to yourself and each other in your bedrooms, but if I catch you doing it in my backyard I should have the right to bury your corpses behind the tool shed.

Robtard

Maybe if they were not so sexually repressed, they would not care so much about all of the fun other people are having? Maybe if they did not have such tiny penises, they would not worry that another man could steal their wives?

IMHO, that would all be a very safe bet. LoL. Conservatives.

Flyattractor
At least Conservatives don't hold parades where its ok to see people **** on street corners while dressed like nuns.

Lol Leftists.

Adam_PoE
I've seen you use the "cuck" insult as well though.

I direct "cuck" toward people or groups who view "cuckold" as an insult. I do not have any particular feelings about cuckolding, because I do not spend any time thinking about it. What other people do in the bedroom is none of my business.

Anyways, you're reading too much into it. Cuck is used as an insult now, it's like saying people who used to use the insult f*g had a preoccupation with gay people.

Um, people who call others ***s do have a preoccupation with gay men.

Hmm, another sweeping generalization? Good, good. Though if we're going to make those, it's usually been my experience that the people who do the "you have a tiny wee wee" usually tend to be small in the pants themselves and try to overcompensate for it by saying others are small down there.

So you are saying you have enough experience with penises other than your own to be able to draw that conclusion?

I say "usually" because no doubt you are an exception to the rule I'm sure.

I do not take offense to insinuations about my penis size, because I have nothing about which to be insecure. I am up for a challenge. Are you?

Eternal Idol
Online prick-waving just got real. laughing out loud

Surtur
I direct "cuck" toward people or groups who view "cuckold" as an insult. I do not have any particular feelings about cuckolding, because I do not spend any time thinking about it. What other people do in the bedroom is none of my business.

Nice excuse.

No, not always.

No, I'm not you. I merely have experience with the internet and it's usually the same story. The people who say you have a tiny penis are right up there with the people who say you've never kissed a girl, to the people who threaten physical violence against people online(internet tough guys), etc. They usually tend to be the ones trying desperately to cover for some insecurity. But of course they don't feel they are insecure, case in point..

No way do I want you beating your meat to any pictures of me bro, sorry.

Flyattractor

I do not take offense to insinuations about my penis size, because I have nothing about which to be insecure. I am up for a challenge. Are you?

Oh this is true but not for the reasons Adam posted.....

chingchangwalla
Libertarians are the most diverse group. I've seen some fat, foul smelling dumbass ones, but some of the smartest people I know are also libertarians. Strange

Bashar Teg

it's usually been my experience that the people who do the "you have a tiny wee wee" usually tend to be small in the pants themselves and try to overcompensate for it by saying others are small down there. I say "usually" because no doubt you are an exception to the rule I'm sure.

i too would like an account of some of these 'experiences' where you discovered mens penises to be smaller than they let on.

Surtur
i too would like an account of some of these 'experiences' where you discovered mens penises to be smaller than they let on.

You'd have your answer if you'd have continued to read the thread for a few more replies, but I'm guessing the second you even *thought* I could share a myriad of dick experiences that distracted you from continuing to read on further. I can tell by how you seem very very eager to hear these apparent accounts. almost like you're salivating at the thought.

Which sorry bro, you want some legit cock accounts you gotta go to your bro Poe.

Flyattractor

Buy a mirror.

dadudemon
Libertarians are the most diverse group. I've seen some fat, foul smelling dumbass ones, but some of the smartest people I know are also libertarians. Strange

Also, libertarians fall all over the place, politically from anarcho-libertarianism to neolibertarians.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Buy a mirror.

I admit my original reply wasn't phrased the best way, but notice how they jumped on it? Okay Adam Poe is gay, he said he'd bang Shia Lebouf, he makes sense. I thought Bash at least was putting forth the act of heterosexuality. I was wrong. Now I feel awkward, like I accidentally lead this person on.

He's waiting for dick descriptions. This is like that time I whistled at a fat girl in the mall as a joke erm

Flyattractor
he said he'd bang Shia Lebouf, he makes sense.

Now there is 2 sentences that just don't go together.

Adam_PoE
Nice excuse.

The truth does not need an excuse.

No, not always.

No one is disputing that there can be exceptions to a rule.

No, I'm not you. I merely have experience with the internet and it's usually the same story. The people who say you have a tiny penis are right up there with the people who say you've never kissed a girl, to the people who threaten physical violence against people online(internet tough guys), etc. They usually tend to be the ones trying desperately to cover for some insecurity. But of course they don't feel they are insecure, case in point..

How do you know they have tiny penises? You cannot possibly know that unless you independently verified it.

No way do I want you beating your meat to any pictures of me bro, sorry.

You give yourself too much credit.

Bashar Teg

How do you know they have tiny penises? You cannot possibly know that unless you independently verified it.

he's just trying to solicit dick pics. don't fall for it...or do. love

Surtur

You seem sexually confused and like you want to ask Adam a question.

Flyattractor
The truth does not need an excuse.

No one is disputing that there can be exceptions to a rule.

You give yourself too much credit. +

Who needs dick pics when we have you two posting here all the time.

Bashar Teg
You seem sexually confused and like you want to ask Adam a question.

poor line of attack. i am not the one who feels insecure and uncertain of his sexuality, and neither is adam. as for you: your constant obsession your opponents' penises, the size of said penises, and your countless homoerotic fantasies give the impression that you're quite buried in the closet.

now prove how wrong i am by talking about my cock and visualizing me using it in homosexual love acts with adam. this will prove that you are totally hetero. thumb up

Surtur
poor line of attack. i am not the one who feels insecure and uncertain of his sexuality, and neither is adam. as for you: your constant obsession your opponents' penises, the size of said penises, and your countless homoerotic fantasies give the impression that you're quite buried in the closet.

now prove how wrong i am by talking about my cock and visualizing me using it in homosexual love acts with adam. this will prove that you are totally hetero. thumb up

Fascinating, did I strike a nerve? Because you set up this oh so clever reply so that I'd drop the subject because if I don't obviously it means I'm obsessed.

Bashar Teg
Fascinating, did I strike a nerve? Because you set up this oh so clever reply so that I'd drop the subject because if I don't obviously it means I'm obsessed.

"u mad bro" for the win?

whatever keeps your mind off of our penises, bro.

Flyattractor
Notice he didn't say anything about HANDS off his weenie....

Bashar Teg
another erotic fantasy? tell us more.

Surtur
another erotic fantasy? tell us more.

Why are you asking another man to tell you about his erotic fantasies? It's like you're in..you're out...you're in...you're out. Just choose.

Nobody will judge you. Go rent that movie "In and Out" perhaps it might help?

Bashar Teg
said the guy who has 'experience' in unearthing the truth about his opponents' penis sizes. (just curious: did you insist that they send you dick pics?)

Robtard
What I find odd and maybe it's connected to Surtur's penis size obsession, but most times when Surtur talks about a women, it's to insult their weight, age and/or looks. Weird.

Surtur
said the guy who has 'experience' in unearthing the truth about his opponents' penis sizes. (just curious: did you insist that they send you dick pics?)

I explained what I meant, and yet here you are still asking for descriptions of other men's erotic fantasies. Now you are also asking for details about any apparent "dick pic" sending.

Bashar Teg
then how did you find out about their true penis sizes?

Surtur
then how did you find out about their true penis sizes?

I understand. Is there a special guy in your life and you are eager to find out if he can handle your needs?

I am afraid I can't tell you how to solve this issue.

Bashar Teg
should i have taken your words figuratively and not literally?

Surtur
should i have taken your words figuratively and not literally?

You can take my words however you want. Though if, after I explain them(which I did), you choose to continue to interpret them in a way that gives you an excuse to continue talking about penises..well, I wouldn't really read too much into that. It doesn't make you gay necessarily.

Bashar Teg
dodging =/= explaining

it's usually been my experience that the people who do the "you have a tiny wee wee" usually tend to be small in the pants themselves

"experience" droolio

NewGuy01
you are acting under the assumption that all racism and demonization is out in the open and explicitly said with vile language. but racism means any sort of discrimination or singling out a group of people.

No, it doesn't, actually. Racism is, very specifically, the discrimination against a group on the basis of skin color. Under your bogus definition, you're racist against conservatives.

If I was discriminating against a group of people because they were Nazi supporters, that wouldn't be racism. Likewise, discriminating against people on the basis of the culture they come from isn't racism.

Robtard

"experience" droolio

Experience
noun

1. a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something: My encounter with the bear in the woods was a frightening experience.

2. the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something: business experience.

3. the observing, encountering, or undergoing of things generally as they occur in the course of time: to learn from experience; the range of human experience.

4. knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone: a man of experience.

-

One has to wonder if this is yet another case of Surtur having parapraxia and admitting to something he's embarrassed of or another case of using words he does not fully know the meaning of. 65/35, per my posit

Surtur
If you guys want to talk about dicks then talk about dicks, nobody is stopping you. Just don't use me as an excuse.

Bashar Teg
you're the one who...raised the issue.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, it doesn't, actually. Racism is, very specifically, the discrimination against a group on the basis of skin color. Under your bogus definition, you're racist against conservatives.

when i said 'groups of people' i was more referring to races and other cultures than political groups. because the discussion i was having was regarding immigration and how racism can easily slip into the debate because of it. but okay i should have been more specific.

well agreed with the first thing you said but discriminating against people based on the culture they come from is racism. because when you discriminate someone because of their culture you are saying that they are inferior because of where they come from which is directly linked to race or at least most of the time. a non-racist view is that all cultures have their positives and negatives and western culture is no better than the culture of the muslim people or asians or whatever. but when you discriminate against people based on their culture then that gets dangerously close to racism if not overlaps with it.

Surtur
Discriminating on one based on culture is racism, interesting.

Do you feel all cultures are created equal? As in, no cultures in the history of time and space have had practices that were morally reprehensible?

aalyasecura95
Discriminating on one based on culture is racism, interesting.

Do you feel all cultures are created equal? As in, no cultures in the history of time and space have had practices that were morally reprehensible? well what i'm saying is that no culture is perfect and all have their drawbacks. you have the capacity to do bad things no matter what culture you come from. therefore it is wrong to discriminate solely based on it and act like our culture are superior to everyone elses.

Surtur
well what i'm saying is that no culture is perfect and all have their drawbacks. you have the capacity to do bad things no matter what culture you come from. therefore it is wrong to discriminate solely based on it and act like our culture are superior to everyone elses.

Okay so not a single word you just typed answered what I asked.

Let me try a different approach. You say no culture is perfect, this is true. Are all cultures equally imperfect, though?

aalyasecura95
Okay so not a single word you just typed answered what I asked. uh it did. you asked me if no cultures have committed morally bad things. i responded that they have but that all cultures do from time to time and no culture is perfect. your culture doesn't change your likelihood to do bad things though.

hard to say because it is easy to look through rose tinted glasses and say that our culture is automatically better and have less imperfections. some cultures have ways of living that we just don't understand and we should accept that. we should try to be as understanding and tolerant as possible to the different ways of life.

ArtificialGlory
Yeah, like cultures that practice genital mutilation. We should just accept that and be tolerant of their "different" way of life. Let's get real just for a second, there are cultures out there that are horrible and oppressive, and we should not tolerate them; in fact, we should denounce them and harshly.

Surtur
Yeah, like cultures that practice genital mutilation. We should just accept that and be tolerant of their "different" way of life. Let's get real just for a second, there are cultures out there that are horrible and oppressive, and we should not tolerate them; in fact, we should denounce them and harshly.

But it's wrong cuz muh culture.

Robtard

Denouncing certain aspects is one thing and separate then blanket condemnations. Let me use and example:

How some Islamic countries treat homosexuals is not acceptable, that doesn't mean that the entire Islamic culture is terrible. Iran apparently has a revered-like approach to its seniors/elders; that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd like to think that when I'm old and can't do for myself, the government would rather assist me for my years of tax paying rather than see me as a burden better marginalized.

NewGuy01

ArtificialGlory
Denouncing certain aspects is one thing and separate then blanket condemnations. Let me use and example:

How some Islamic countries treat homosexuals is not acceptable, that doesn't mean that the entire Islamic culture is terrible. Iran apparently has a revered-like approach to its seniors/elders; that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd like to think that when I'm old and can't do for myself, the government would rather assist me for my years of tax paying rather than see me as a burden better marginalized.
I get what you're trying to say, but treating old people well doesn't even remotely begin to make up for the culture's severe failings in other aspects. And even then, treating your elders with reverence can and does lead to misguided deference to old people who are stupid and clueless.

So while I agree that there are good aspects(even ones we could learn from) of, say, Iranian culture, to me it's ultimately like thinking that getting cancer isn't so so bad because you'll get a nice, comfy bed at the hospital and three square meals a day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.