Psylocke vs. Gorilla Grodd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
Psylocke meets grodd in the jla tower. no one interferes and the two square off. betsy is at omega level and has her crimson dawn power. and grodd is at his low herald level.

Glorificus
Psylocke.

Zack M
Current Grodd crushes her.

Smurph
Does current Grodd have the speed force?

StyleTime
If "at low herald level" means he has the Speed Force, he should be able to blitz her.

StiltmanFTW
Betsy destroys him. F#ck the sf version.

rox
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Betsy destroys him. F#ck the sf version.
wow really

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. He's a damn ape.

Zack M
Stilt is just racist against apes. Grodd realistically wins.

StiltmanFTW
Cage avatar + sig. Wear them. Any set. Now.

Zack M
I have a set, just haven't had time to use them.

StiltmanFTW
You've had like a year and a half, you lazy shit.

Zack M
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Jokes aside, I know how it is. Time flies. Flies like f*cking crazy.

Can you believe we registered in 2008 and 2009...? Almost ten years posting here laughing out loud

Zack M
I feel old AF.

StiltmanFTW
Youth spent on KMC. There are worse fates, amigo.

Like sharing a prison cell with Mindset. Or carver's mom's basement with carver.

Zack M
laughing out loud laughing out loud

My time is almost finished here, anyway.

StiltmanFTW
What do you mean?

Zack M
I probably won't be on at the end of the Summer. I'm moving out of the country.

StiltmanFTW
... and there's no Internet where you're heading? laughing out loud

Zack M
Yes, but I'll need to get a VPN.

StiltmanFTW
Sometimes a little break is needed. Just... don't leave us. Zack Snyder would come crying to my bed again.

Zack M
rolling on floor laughing

rox
can we get back on topic confused

Smurph
If speedforce, Grodd should win.

No speedforce, she probably wins.

Zack M
I honestly don't see how Bettsy can win this. Grodd, post crisis was a match for Martian Manhunter and Captain Comet (He did ultimately lose), but 2 telepaths that are superior to Psylocke.

DCnU Grodd was tanking hits from Flash and Aquaman (Who had to go all out to win). Grodd is physically superior and should win the majority.

DarkSaint85
Zack is leaving???

Smurph
Betsy just has a very good track record as an anti-psychic, and her psychic knife has put down people like Cassandra Nova and Shadow King. With her recent push to 'omega-level telepath', she's easily a contender against Grodd, and the knife will KO him.

So, IMO it comes down to whether you think she can land a hit with the blade, and I think she definitely can/would.

Zack M
Originally posted by Smurph
Betsy just has a very good track record as an anti-psychic, and her psychic knife has put down people like Cassandra Nova and Shadow King. With her recent push to 'omega-level telepath', she's easily a contender against Grodd, and the knife will KO him.

So, IMO it comes down to whether you think she can land a hit with the blade, and I think she definitely can/would.

If Grodd is taking her seriously, she wouldn't even get a hit off. Grodd has caught Barry going super speed before. And it's not like she always goes for the knife. Her hits would just be an annoyance.

Grodd has good psychic defense, too. Depending on how many minds he has consumed. He's been known to mentally dominate Superman, Aquaman, Flash (His mind was said to be difficult to get into, because of the Speed Force), etc...

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Zack is leaving???

Maybe end of summer.

StiltmanFTW
But... leaving just for a while till you get your stuff sorted out , you WILL eventually return. You're acting as if you were dying from cirrhosis or some shit laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Maybe he's leaving because of Aquaman; even Zack can't spin that.

Zack M
Nah, I think this is it. I'm will be gone for a long time.

StiltmanFTW
Define "long time". 6 months? A year?

Zack M
5-10 years.

Smurph
Originally posted by Zack M
If Grodd is taking her seriously, she wouldn't even get a hit off. Grodd has caught Barry going super speed before. And it's not like she always goes for the knife. Her hits would just be an annoyance.

Grodd has good psychic defense, too. Depending on how many minds he has consumed. He's been known to mentally dominate Superman, Aquaman, Flash (His mind was said to be difficult to get into, because of the Speed Force), etc... She does reliably go for the knife, actually. Certainly when she's fighting outside of her weight class. And sure, Grodd has tagged Flash, but he's also been tagged by slower people. His physical defences won't matter against her knife, and she's a top-tier fighter with TK-amped speed.

As for Grodd's psychic defences, they'll lose feat wars with the telepaths and non-telepaths that the knife has affected. So, meh.

StiltmanFTW
5-10 years.

Are you crazy?

Snyder fired you? haermm2

Smurph
5-10 years. Lol, no way KMC is still standing in 5 years. This website is breaking down all the time.

h1a8

So, IMO it comes down to whether you think she can land a hit with the blade, and I think she definitely can/would. Scans with Cassandra Nova? I don't recall anyone except Xavier doing anything with Nova.

StiltmanFTW
Lol, no way KMC is still standing in 5 years. This website is breaking down all the time.

You little smurph of little faith.

Raz will be back from his space journey soon enough.

DarkSaint85
Iirc, it was sexy Cassie Nova.

Smurph
Originally posted by h1a8
Scans with Cassandra Nova? I don't recall anyone except Xavier doing anything with Nova. http://i.imgur.com/DQzGZIT.jpg

Xavier never really affected Cassandra Nova either. She was repeatedly tricked into losing before, mostly by Emma Frost... this is maybe the first instance of telepathy out-and-out harming/defeating Nova.

Zack M
Lol, no way KMC is still standing in 5 years. This website is breaking down all the time.

Examples?

Smurph

Raz will be back from his space journey soon enough. Nah, one day we'll all show up to a 'Bad Gateway' message that never gets resolved.

I already have to switch browsers just to visit. disgust

Zack M
She does reliably go for the knife, actually. Certainly when she's fighting outside of her weight class. And sure, Grodd has tagged Flash, but he's also been tagged by slower people. His physical defences won't matter against her knife, and she's a top-tier fighter with TK-amped speed.

As for Grodd's psychic defences, they'll lose feat wars with the telepaths and non-telepaths that the knife has affected. So, meh.

That's why I said if Grodd is taking this fight seriously. Nightwing tagged him, but Grodd wasn't serious. Other than that, Flash had to go all out to KO him.

Zack M

Raz will be back from his space journey soon enough.

Space journey. lol

If Raz doesn't come back, does that mean no KMC?

StiltmanFTW
Space journey. lol

If Raz doesn't come back, does that mean no KMC?

Nah, it'll be fine... as long as he'll keep paying for the server rent and stuff like that.

Last time he was seen online was exactly 1 year ago. Last time he actually posted? Almost 2 years ago.

Smurph
That's why I said if Grodd is taking this fight seriously. Nightwing tagged him, but Grodd wasn't serious. Other than that, Flash had to go all out to KO him. Right, but Nightwing and Flash weren't using psychic attacks.

Psylocke recently put down amped Archangel, who had strong, established psychic defenses:

http://i.imgur.com/4vnmydo.jpg?1

She KTFOs him with a mindblast:

http://i.imgur.com/CHdnrEH.png
http://i.imgur.com/z3B7kSq.jpg?1

She also recently put down Fantomex with a mindblast, and he previously had a perfect record against TP, including from Xavier et al.

So, she may not even need the knife... rolling on floor laughing

Zack M
I wonder if she can take down amped Grodd...

Superman has some of the toughest mental blocks in comics.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/GG2_zpsqsmfbz1k.jpg

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/GG_zpsg3nhnsi3.png

Zack M
Nah, it'll be fine... as long as he'll keep paying for the server rent and stuff like that.

Last time he was seen online was exactly 1 year ago. Last time he actually posted? Almost 2 years ago.

I wonder if he is ever going to change my name. I placed it in like 1 year ago.

Master Cage.

StiltmanFTW
Ten more years and he just might... so, just when you'll be coming back haermm

Zack M
laughing out loud

Glorificus
http://i.imgur.com/DQzGZIT.jpg

Xavier never really affected Cassandra Nova either. She was repeatedly tricked into losing before, mostly by Emma Frost... this is maybe the first instance of telepathy out-and-out harming/defeating Nova.

That looks like a low-showing for Cassandra.

She was taking on both Xavier and Jean Grey (who had begun manifesting the Phoenix) telepathically and no-sold both their attacks, and proceeded to knock Xavier on his ass AND crush Jean's mind into a drooling slurring mess.

Still, it's impressive that Psylocke was able to hang with Cassandra even at all.

Delta1938
Nah, one day we'll all show up to a 'Bad Gateway' message that never gets resolved.

I already have to switch browsers just to visit. disgust

Really? Once in a while I have to delete my cookies, but haven't been forced to change browsers.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Glorificus
That looks like a low-showing for Cassandra.

She was taking on both Xavier and Jean Grey (who had begun manifesting the Phoenix) telepathically and no-sold both their attacks, and proceeded to knock Xavier on his ass AND crush Jean's mind into a drooling slurring mess.

Still, it's impressive that Psylocke was able to hang with Cassandra even at all.
To be fair, Psylocke's blade just does that. It was pretty clear that Cassandra was above Psylocke in pure telepathy though. Cassandra was blocking all TP throughout the Los Angeles, including Psylocke and Emma. When they fought, Cassandra KO'd her pretty handily too, preserving Betsy's body for a ritual.
https://postimg.org/image/jqb1nmhhp/
https://postimg.org/image/6ao0y68zx/

https://postimg.org/image/3um7kbqx9/
https://postimg.org/image/t1x3kku19/
https://postimg.org/image/61v1lzll9/

Cass was treated pretty fairly, but Betsy's psi-blade is just psychic hax. It only fused Cass to the new body though, so Betsy could stab her. This is the next page.

https://postimg.org/image/590121xyb/

Young Jean is probably the better anti-psychic, but Betsy's psi-blade is up there. The Remender Shadow King showing is another good example. You can be the superior telepath, but if Betsy can land the psi-blade, she'll likely win. Granted, Farouk was playing around and still coming...but he's another animal.

Smurph
Originally posted by Delta1938
Really? Once in a while I have to delete my cookies, but haven't been forced to change browsers. I find that Chrome makes me delete cookies more and more often to access KMC.

Delta1938
I find that Chrome makes me delete cookies more and more often to access KMC.

I tried Chrome in the past, didn't like it. Haven't tried it again in years, other than the mobile app(since it's default). Haven't had any issues with KMC on my phone.

Smurph
Originally posted by Delta1938
I tried Chrome in the past, didn't like it. Haven't tried it again in years, other than the mobile app(since it's default). Haven't had any issues with KMC on my phone. Also use the Chrome app, also find KMC is much better on mobile than on my laptop.

Still, there's a trend, so we'll see if it continues to get worse. srug

StiltmanFTW
Chrome is great, but it's a f#cking RAM whore and doesn't respect your privacy. Stopped supporting XP and Vista quite early, too.

DarkSaint85
I wonder if she can take down amped Grodd...

Superman has some of the toughest mental blocks in comics.

Fantomex has even tougher blocks. Shadow King failed. Xavier failed. Jean Grey failed. Not just resisted - he outright blocked them.

Delta1938
Also use the Chrome app, also find KMC is much better on mobile than on my laptop.

Still, there's a trend, so we'll see if it continues to get worse. srug

Weird that the app works so much better. Maybe because Google made the OS too? srug

I remember someone posting an article about the site, but don't recall the details, or even if it was legit. Was a while ago.

Smurph
Fantomex has even tougher blocks. Shadow King failed. Xavier failed. Jean Grey failed. Not just resisted - he outright blocked them. Plus, Psylocke's blade in its weaker forms has affected Juggernaut, Wolverine, and others with also very strong mental defences.

Anyways, Superman's defences are a moot point. The key question is Grodd's defences, and I don't think they're strong enough.

Zack M
Plus, Psylocke's blade in its weaker forms has affected Juggernaut, Wolverine, and others with also very strong mental defences.

Anyways, Superman's defences are a moot point. The key question is Grodd's defences, and I don't think they're strong enough.

He may not be able to block the knife, but Grodd has a strong enough mind to block her TP attacks, especially after his amps.

Zack M
BTW, how tough is Psylocke's TK? Grodd has stopped Wally, Jay, and Spin at the same time.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/GG_zps5ofiyahs.jpg

He can use this in defense against Psylocke.

Zack M
Fantomex has even tougher blocks. Shadow King failed. Xavier failed. Jean Grey failed. Not just resisted - he outright blocked them.

That's assuming Psylocke can get to Grodd who is MUCH faster. Plus, the whole TK thing.

Betsy isn't shutting Grodd's mind down. He's destroyed the likes of MM and Hector Hammond in psi warfare. Two planetary plus telepaths

Smurph
That's assuming Psylocke can get to Grodd who is MUCH faster. Is he, though?

Serious question.

Do we have a sense of Grodd's exact level of speed, sans-SF?

Zack M
Is he, though?

Serious question.

Do we have a sense of Grodd's exact level of speed, sans-SF?

He's caught Wally and Barry on more than one occasion. If he's serious, I don't see Psylocke getting an attack off.

Zack M
I think Betsys best bet is to try and mentally dominate Grodd.

Smurph
He's caught Wally and Barry on more than one occasion. If he's serious, I don't see Psylocke getting an attack off. You mean you think that he would outright blitz her, across the field?

Or with TK?

Psylocke is also fast, but fast is relative. I think there would easily be a case for her keeping up in skill and speed with, say, Deathstroke.

I think they could both lay into each other with TK. I suppose you could argue that Grodd holds her in position with TK, but I think she could do the same, so, meh.

Zack M
You mean you think that he would outright blitz her, across the field?

Or with TK?

Psylocke is also fast, but fast is relative. I think there would easily be a case for her keeping up in skill and speed with, say, Deathstroke.

I think they could both lay into each other with TK. I suppose you could argue that Grodd holds her in position with TK, but I think she could do the same, so, meh.

I'm sure Psylocke is fast in her own right, but it's nothing compared to what Grodd has accomplished. He routinely faces off against the best speedsters in comics.

And what TK feats does Psylocke have that is around Grodd level?

Grodd was strong enough to break through Firestorm's constructs. I don't see Betsy holding him.

Smurph
I'm sure Psylocke is fast in her own right, but it's nothing compared to what Grodd has accomplished. He routinely faces off against the best speedsters in comics.

And what TK feats does Psylocke have that is around Grodd level?

Grodd was strong enough to break through Firestorm's constructs. I don't see Betsy holding him. I think that's pretty reasonable. Betsy's TK is a little inconsistent, both because of character history and writers, but somewhere between being powerful enough to level a block and being able to knock an unsuspecting Colossus on his ass. Probably not gonna KO Grodd, but not a love tap either.

I maintain, if she can psyknife him, she wins. If Grodd is simply too fast, or if he's bound to keep it distance with his own TK, he can take it.

Fair?

Zack M
Grodd vs Colossus would be interesting. Grodd was durable enough to take blows from an all out Flash. Id probably still take Colossus, but it would be fun to read. Hth wise.

DarkSaint85
The scans being used are of pre-52 Grodd..

Zack M
The scans being used are of pre-52 Grodd..

Pretty soon everything will be canon again, because there really was no reboot. Manhattan just messed with shit.

Smurph
lol...

rox
Grodd vs Colossus would be interesting. Grodd was durable enough to take blows from an all out Flash. Id probably still take Colossus, but it would be fun to read. Hth wise.

As far as that, can grodd's tp work with peter in metal form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.