Asgardians Vs Kyrtonians Technology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Feats from MOS and all MCU Movies

Who is more advanced/more powerful (tech)

FrothByte
Asgardians has technology to instantly teleport them to other worlds. Krypton has no answer to that.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by FrothByte
Asgardians has technology to instantly teleport them to other worlds. Krypton has no answer to that.

Not so fast...

The World Engine can terraform an entire planet...

IMHO that beats a teleportation device...

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Not so fast...

Why?

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Not so fast...

The world engine was manipulating Earth's gravity to induce the terraforming. Very advanced technology yes and there is probably much more to it than that but we at least understand the basics of what it was doing it. We already have some basic technology that can manipulate gravity after all.

The Bifrost on the other hand would have needed to manipulate both space and time in order to teleport beings through such far distances in such a short amount of time. That is far more complex than manipulating gravity and we are nowhere near to manipulating space and time.

TethAdamTheRock
What about the Destroyer

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Thor-2011-french-movie-trailer.jpg

Silent Master
I think we can safely add something else to the list of things LoM doesn't understand.

TethAdamTheRock
This?

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/man-of-steel-movie5/130416-Trailer39.jpg

FrothByte
It also depends on where you stand on the "magic is just science" theory in the Thor movies. Because if you believe that all their "magical items" are simply advance technology then the technology behind Mjolnir completely craps on anything the Kryptonians have.

Personally though, I still consider it magic.

Silent Master
It also depends on where you stand on the "magic is just science" theory in the Thor movies. Because if you believe that all their "magical items" are simply advance technology then the technology behind Mjolnir completely craps on anything the Kryptonians have.

Personally though, I still consider it magic.

Given the actual definition of science https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/science. Magic can easily be considered a science.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Silent Master
Given the actual definition of science https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/science. Magic can easily be considered a science.

Well to me, for science to be science it needs to be logical and systematized (as is described in the link you stated).

If something cannot be systematized and proven logical, then it can't be called science.

Example: Odin saying "I take your power" and stripping all of Thor's powers... sounds more magical than it is scientific.

Of course it can probably be just science that we don't understand yet. However until the time it can be proven as science, to me it will still be magic.

TethAdamTheRock

Personally though, I still consider it magic. Do you think the material Zods suit and ship was made of is as strong as mljonir?

Also i think the world engine is comparable to mljonir( in terms of gravity manipulation)

Silent Master
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
1) Do you think the material Zods suit and ship was made of is as strong as mljonir?

2) Also i think the world engine is comparable to mljonir( in terms of gravity manipulation)

1) Not even close.

Silent Master
Well to me, for science to be science it needs to be logical and systematized (as is described in the link you stated).

If something cannot be systematized and proven logical, then it can't be called science.

Example: Odin saying "I take your power" and stripping all of Thor's powers... sounds more magical than it is scientific.

Of course it can probably be just science that we don't understand yet. However until the time it can be proven as science, to me it will still be magic.

As an example, look at Harry Potter. that is clearly meant to be "real magic", yet it is taught just like any other subject. ie, in a logical and systematized manner.

That we don't know how Odin's powers work, doesn't mean it doesn't follow logic. I mean plenty of people don't understand how the space shuttle or a supercomputer work.

FrothByte
Do you think the material Zods suit and ship was made of is as strong as mljonir?

Also i think the world engine is comparable to mljonir( in terms of gravity manipulation)

It's not whether it's as strong or not, but Mjolnir's ability to respond to Thor's will and follow him around, it's ability to detect who's worthy or who's not and stop itself from being lifted without breaking the floor - and the fact that it does all this effortlessly, well, if it's science then it's such advanced science that it flat out seems magical.

The Kryptonians have nothing that can compare to that. Even their ability to clone and create their life forms pale in comparison to Odin being able to grant and remove superpowers with just a few words.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Silent Master
1) Not even close. It took hits from Superman

FrothByte
It took hits from Superman

Yeah but strength and durability is not what's being discussed here. It's advancement in technology. I mean, a sword is a lot more durable than a gun but a gun is more advanced.

Silent Master
It took hits from Superman

So? Mjolnir withstood hits that destroyed large sections of Sokovia and Jotunheim without a scratch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.