Supergirl vs. MCU Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Season 2 Kara

Who wins

TethAdamTheRock
Supergirl is on the level of christopher reves superman who lifted an entire island

FrothByte
S1 Kara gets defeated, not because she's less powerful but because she really sucks as a fighter. However, towards the end of S1 she was already improving. I haven't watched season 2 but if her fight game has greatly improved then she definitely has more than enough power to take out Thor.

TethAdamTheRock
She lifted that gigantic spaceship thing

K-Dog
She decelerated it after it got up into near space, but since it had lifted itself up there, you could say she pushed hard enough to equal it's weight. But most of her fights look like she is dishing out and taking damage about on Ironman's level (including her heat vision output in my opinion). Consistently, Thor looks more powerful IMO.

cdtm
Thor looks more powerful, but Kara looks MUCH more manuverable/quicker.

Not sure how Thor will even hit her, unless the hammer can home in on her automatically.

Darth Thor
There was that villain who zapped her with electricity. Add to that Thor's strength, flight and fighting abilities, and she definitely won't want to go toe to toe with him.

BruceSkywalker
Kara loses this.. she isn;t that impressive

Robtard
Not so sure superfriends, in a later season 1 ep, Kara casually lifts a key made out of the material of a condensed dwarf star, said to weigh a "million tons".

That's two billion pounds, using the short ton unit. Not sure MCU Thor's shown that level of power. The strength and durability required to lift and hold two billion pounds is ridiculously high and she did it as easily as a normal person lifting and using a normal key.

playa1258
SG is inconsistent to say the least. One episode she is easily lifting a million tons the next she can't break out of quicksand.

Robtard
I'm aware of the inconsistency, watched all of S1. But going with best feats for both, that way it does away with interpretations of what average power for each is, she's uber powerful.

Silent Master
To be fair though, Thor's highest showings are fairly consistent.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm aware of the inconsistency, watched all of S1. But going with best feats for both, that way it does away with interpretations of what average power for each is, she's uber powerful.

This is why I hate using the best feat of a charater to reflect their standard performance.

It's like getting Michael Jordan's best game and thinking that he performs that way every single game.

I much prefer taking the average showing of a character as a reflection of their standard performance.

KingD19
Using Kara's best showing's doesn't ignore how vulnerable she was to Livewire. If Thor drops a lightning bolt on her cute little ass, it's over.

Robtard
TBF, her cute little ass is absolutely adorable.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
This is why I hate using the best feat of a charater to reflect their standard performance.

It's like getting Michael Jordan's best game and thinking that he performs that way every single game.

I much prefer taking the average showing of a character as a reflection of their standard performance.

Agreed in general, but something like game/sport stats isn't really open for interpretation while here in the MVF the average of highest/lowest showing is.

Think of how many times have you personally seen someone low/highball to nonsense levels.

Darth Thor
I think it's more a case of her having tremendous power, but just not utilizing her abilities very effectively.

K-Dog
Going by durability, Thor's hammer is going to be a most unfortunate experience for her, and after she Gets knocked out by the first hit, Monel will get dropped by the second hit, and martian man Hunter will have to step in and do his best. That usually how those episodes go. Unless her cousin flies in and helps her tag team Thor.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think it's more a case of her having tremendous power, but just not utilizing her abilities very effectively.

I think it's just a case of tremendous power belonging to someone who's a very crappy fighter.

Darth Thor
I think it's just a case of tremendous power belonging to someone who's a very crappy fighter.

Yeah that too.

Contrast that with Thor's highly super advanced combat abilities, and she's in trouble.

KingD19
Plainly put. Thor is several cuts above her villain of the week. And he has several abilities/weapons tailor made to f*ck her up. Like lightning, which Thor is easily Livewire's equal. Or Mjolnir absorbing her heat vision and bouncing it right back. Or Thor just fighting so much better than her and hitting harder than vow's who give her a helluva hard time.

cdtm
That's also an apples and oranges comparison, though. A episodic tv series vs a two hour movie.

By this argument, MCU Thor rapes comic Thor because "consistancy".

KingD19
Originally posted by cdtm
That's also an apples and oranges comparison, though. A episodic tv series vs a two hour movie.

By this argument, MCU Thor rapes comic Thor because "consistancy".

Not at all. Comics operate on a much higher level on average.

What I'm saying is, Kara constantly(like Flash as it's a TV show and the plot has to go on each weeks) gets hit an awful lot by people, and gets hurt by all types things. Thor is easily one of the toughest things Kara has fought, and he has a lot of powers that Kara has no defense against. Also yes, consistency helps, as 4 movies of solid feats helps him immensely.

FrothByte
Yeah, Supergirl and Flash have the same problems. They're both potentially super powerful and yet they constantly have problems with villains way below their implied power class.

And while it's nice to just focus on Supergirl's or Flash's few best high end feats, we can't ignore the fact that they constantly have trouble with foes that Thor would probably demolish with ease.

Surtur
Yeah, but we know that characters with super speed are going to take hits. It's more or less the nature of the beast if you're going to have some conflict.

Look at comic Superman or Flash. Just using post crisis preNu versions..both have been hit hundreds(if not more) of times by villains who actually shouldn't have any business hurting them. Characters on tv shows also have way more appearances. The flash show as of right now has 62 episodes. Assuming an average of 40 minutes per episode, and assuming your average film is 2 hours long(they aren't, but I'm being generous) this would mean Flash has over 20 films worth of feats.

Flash does get tagged a lot in this tv show, but unless it's done by someone with actual super speed of their own I chalk it up to PIS. If we do not do that, technically you could make a fight with TV Flash and argue that even a normal human could hit him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but we know that characters with super speed are going to take hits. It's more or less the nature of the beast if you're going to have some conflict.

Look at comic Superman or Flash. Just using post crisis preNu versions..both have been hit hundreds(if not more) of times by villains who actually shouldn't have any business hurting them. Characters on tv shows also have way more appearances. The flash show as of right now has 62 episodes. Assuming an average of 40 minutes per episode, and assuming your average film is 2 hours long(they aren't, but I'm being generous) this would mean Flash has over 20 films worth of feats.

Flash does get tagged a lot in this tv show, but unless it's done by someone with actual super speed of their own I chalk it up to PIS. If we do not do that, technically you could make a fight with TV Flash and argue that even a normal human could hit him.

If it happens just once or twice we could chalk it up to PIS. But when it happens about every other time then that's far too often to keep excusing it as PIS.

Arachnid1
If it happens just once or twice we could chalk it up to PIS. But when it happens about every other time then that's far too often to keep excusing it as PIS. I disagree. When he has feats like taking out a hundred + metas at the same time, and moving so fast that lightning looks slow, getting hit by a burglar for the sake of the plot is always character or plot induced stupidity. It's the definition of it. It wouldn't happen if they were consistent.

Then again, they clearly say mach 3 is the fastest he can supposedly go, so maybe the PIS is actually working backwards and making him out to be more powerful than he actually is. Thats the first time I've ever really seen anything like that. Super hero TV shows like Flash or Smallville are always consistantly inconsistant (lol).

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I disagree. When he has feats like taking out a hundred + metas at the same time, and moving so fast that lightning looks slow, getting hit by a burglar for the sake of the plot is always character or plot induced stupidity. It's the definition of it. It wouldn't happen if they were consistent.

Then again, they clearly say mach 3 is the fastest he can supposedly go, so maybe the PIS is actually working backwards and making him out to be more powerful than he actually is. Thats the first time I've ever really seen anything like that. Super hero TV shows like Flash or Smallville are always consistantly inconsistant (lol).

The speed numbers they throw out on The Flash mean virtually nothing at this point. In season 2, he had to hit Mach 3.3 to do that bridge crossing thing, and that was when he was still like 3 times slower than Zoom was supposed to be, who he was matching after regaining his powers. They just seem to arbitrarily through out numbers that sound fast, even if it's wildly inconsistent both in continuity, and with regards to feats.

TethAdamTheRock
Lets wait till Justice League

Surtur
If it happens just once or twice we could chalk it up to PIS. But when it happens about every other time then that's far too often to keep excusing it as PIS.

If he'd just shown speed on the level of "no human should be able to hit me" once or twice I'd agree. But that isn't the case at all. On top of the other feats mentioned he's been able to react quick enough to catch a bullet that was fired at him from point blank range.

Comic Flash hasn't been hit once or twice. Or even just a dozen times. The new DCU is only a little over 5 years old, I bet you could still find dozens of times(if not more) of Flash getting tagged by non-speedsters just from the last couple of years.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The speed numbers they throw out on The Flash mean virtually nothing at this point. In season 2, he had to hit Mach 3.3 to do that bridge crossing thing, and that was when he was still like 3 times slower than Zoom was supposed to be, who he was matching after regaining his powers. They just seem to arbitrarily through out numbers that sound fast, even if it's wildly inconsistent both in continuity, and with regards to feats.

It's also strange that one can apparently time travel by going Mach 3.

Silent Master
If someone has 3 examples of being able to take out dozens of people before they can react and 150 examples of getting tagged by people without superspeed. then it's the 3 examples that are PIS.

TheVaultDweller
It's not 3 vs 150 though, not by a long shot. At least not where the Flash is concerned. But anyways, Supergirl is the one in the thread, and I've only seen a few episodes of that show. And from what I saw, in terms of actual combat showings, Thor should win.

It's also strange that one can apparently time travel by going Mach 3.

It also doesn't track at all with things like the latest crossover episodes, where Flash and Supergirl raced to different cities all over the planet in what seemed like a few minutes, in order to place those little chip things on the Dominators. You'd have to be moving MUCH faster than Mach 3 to do that.

Silent Master
The 3 vs 150 were just random numbers used to illustrate a point.

cdtm
PIS isn't only determined by number of showings, but by whether they track with power sets and basic internal logic.

Spidey can beat down heralds for the next 20 years, and it would still be PIS.

Silent Master
We don't base PIS on power sets, we base it on whether something is consistent with their established level and that level is based on feats.

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It also doesn't track at all with things like the latest crossover episodes, where Flash and Supergirl raced to different cities all over the planet in what seemed like a few minutes, in order to place those little chip things on the Dominators. You'd have to be moving MUCH faster than Mach 3 to do that.

Yeah, and on top of that we have his feats from fighting Dr. Light when he creates a shitload of after images all over the place.

Originally posted by cdtm
PIS isn't only determined by number of showings, but by whether they track with power sets and basic internal logic.

Spidey can beat down heralds for the next 20 years, and it would still be PIS.

Well I dunno, if Spider-Man suddenly started beating herald level beings on a regular basis and this went on for 20 years..I would say yeah it doesn't make sense,but those would be his power levels.

Or look at Batman. He is supposed to be a normal human. Well trained, but not superhuman. Yet for decades the man has racked up feats no normal human should be able to accomplish. But we do not ignore those because Batman is supposed to be a non-superhuman.

wakkawakkawakka
So i take it Supergirl's fighting ability still hasn't improved in her show's second season. I'm going off the Metallo, Parasite, and crossover battles that she's had so if there's was any improvement from those then she might not loose to bad.

As it stand Thor still wins due to being the better fighter and having more consistent showing of power despite his opponents superior stats.

Dr Will Hatch
TBF, her cute little ass is absolutely adorable.

X

Anyway, Kara can use her heat vision to keep Thor busy for a while until she gets a good shot in.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
X

Anyway, Kara can use her heat vision to keep Thor busy for a while until she gets a good shot in.

He'll just block it with Mjolnir the same way he blocks chitauri blasts.

Dr Will Hatch
He'll just block it with Mjolnir the same way he blocks chitauri blasts.

While dealing with fighting with her at superspeed beyond what he has shown?

Silent Master
Could you post the clips of her fighting at superspeed while using HV?

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Silent Master
Could you post the clips of her fighting at superspeed while using HV?

OK, I concede my post was a little hasty. I can't find any videos of her flying and using heat vision at the same time. Still, I don't see why she COULDN'T. It's not like it takes any kind of special concentration or prep to do for a Kryptonian.

Silent Master
Really, do you have any clips from the Supergirl TV show that shows other Kryptonians using that combo?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
OK, I concede my post was a little hasty. I can't find any videos of her flying and using heat vision at the same time. Still, I don't see why she COULDN'T. It's not like it takes any kind of special concentration or prep to do for a Kryptonian.

Maybe it does. Who knows. I mean, people have a hard time singing and playing drums at the same time, maybe she needs to be firmly planted and doing nothing else to use heat vision.

Anyway, Supergirl has problems with foes slower than Thor and a lot less impressive.

Surtur
Maybe it does. Who knows. I mean, people have a hard time singing and playing drums at the same time, maybe she needs to be firmly planted and doing nothing else to use heat vision.

She has been shown using heat vision while flying. So she does have instances of using two powers at the same time.

Darth Thor
What does it matter? Mjolnir can block energy blasts in flight as well, as seen against the Destroyer.

Surtur
True, it's not like Thor ever decides to throw his hammer at people, that wouldn't give her enough time to activate a thought based power.

FrothByte
True, it's not like Thor ever decides to throw his hammer at people, that wouldn't give her enough time to activate a thought based power.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if Supergirl decides to try and heat vision Thor just as Thor thrown his hammer then, assuming Supergirl even has the fighting reflexes to pull off a move like that (which she has not shown), she gets a hammer to the face.

Darth Thor
^I Couldn't have replied better to the post.

KingD19
Yeah I definitely do not see Kara dodging that hammer.

FrothByte
Yeah. Kara can move fast when she needs to but she definitely does not have fast reflexes nor good fighting instinct.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah I definitely do not see Kara dodging that hammer. She definitely could. She flew all around central city keeping up with the Flash when they fought though tight corridors and wide open streets. She's faster and stronger than Thor by a large margin.

Unfortunately though, she falls to the PIS/CIS argument that Flash always has thrown at him on this subforum. It's the curse of being a TV show super hero. PIS and CIS off, she would stomp the holy hell out of Thor just like Flash would in every VS thread he's thrown into.

FrothByte
She definitely could. She flew all around central city keeping up with the Flash when they fought though tight corridors and wide open streets. She's faster and stronger than Thor by a large margin.

Unfortunately though, she falls to the PIS/CIS argument that Flash always has thrown at him on this subforum. It's the curse of being a TV show super hero. PIS and CIS off, she would stomp the holy hell out of Thor just like Flash would in every VS thread he's thrown into.

Yes, Supergirl is fast. She still has crappy reflexes and gets hit multiple times by slow moving punches and kicks. She has not shown the fighting reflexes necessary to dodge a Mjolnir throw to the face, especially not if she's busying trying to heat vision him.

Arachnid1
Yes, Supergirl is fast. She still has crappy reflexes and gets hit multiple times by slow moving punches and kicks. She has not shown the fighting reflexes necessary to dodge a Mjolnir throw to the face, especially not if she's busying trying to heat vision him. If she has the reflexes to zip through tight corridors at Flash speed she can dodge the hammer no problem. If her reflexes are as a bad as you say, she'd slam into every wall along the way. Sure she has a instances of insane CIS but saying she can't dodge the hammer is just abusing the argument. Flash has been punched by people too. Would he be unable to dodge a hammer throw?

Anyones claims of Thor winning hinges highly on whether or not this fight is PIS/CIS off, because there is no way in hell he could win otherwise. That should tell you everything about the arguments ITT. It's a flat out stomp.

Silent Master
Last I checked, CIS wasn't turned off.

Arachnid1
Last I checked, CIS wasn't turned off. In which case, the character has to fight significantly below her true abilities and people will play up low end feats to argue the win for the opponent like they always do for Flash. It's a sucky way of debating and it cant really be countered, but what are you gonna do.

Surtur
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if Supergirl decides to try and heat vision Thor just as Thor thrown his hammer then, assuming Supergirl even has the fighting reflexes to pull off a move like that (which she has not shown), she gets a hammer to the face.

I was just messing around, but I would wonder if she could use HV before Thor reacts.

Silent Master
In which case, the character has to fight significantly below her true abilities and people will play up low end feats to argue the win for the opponent like they always do for Flash. It's a sucky way of debating and it cant really be countered, but what are you gonna do.

I believe you mean. in which case, Supergirl has to fight at the level she actually fights at in the show.

Arachnid1
I believe you mean. in which case, Supergirl has to fight at the level she actually fights at in the show. Yes, a show that gives her ridiculous feats like lifting a million tons and being fast enough to fight the Flash at an even speed while still letting random mooks punch her to create drama. PIS/CIS at its finest.

These CW super hero shows need to get it together with the showings. It wreaks havok in these forums

Silent Master
Sounds more like it's her lifting the million tons and fighting the Flash that is PIS.

FrothByte
If she has the reflexes to zip through tight corridors at Flash speed she can dodge the hammer no problem. If her reflexes are as a bad as you say, she'd slam into every wall along the way. Sure she has a instances of insane CIS but saying she can't dodge the hammer is just abusing the argument. Flash has been punched by people too. Would he be unable to dodge a hammer throw?

Anyones claims of Thor winning hinges highly on whether or not this fight is PIS/CIS off, because there is no way in hell he could win otherwise. That should tell you everything about the arguments ITT. It's a flat out stomp.

Let me put it to you this way: If you're a racecar driver driving at 100 mph and you see a curve coming up, you can easily steer through the curve. Why? because you're the one in control of your movement. You know which direction you're moving in, you have control to fine tune your acceleration, speed and movements to make sure you make the turn. You are allowed to prepare for the movement.

In comparison, if you're standing in the middle of the track and a car comes around the corner and comes at you at 100 mph, you're going to have a very hard time dodging. You have no control over its speed and direction. And since you didn't instigate the movement, you are unable to properly gauge just how fast it is going in relation to you. And since you're not controlling the movement, you are also unable to properly prepare for the event.

Supergirl flying around and not hitting her head is way way different from dodging out of the way of a fast moving flying object.

FrothByte
Yes, a show that gives her ridiculous feats like lifting a million tons and being fast enough to fight the Flash at an even speed while still letting random mooks punch her to create drama. PIS/CIS at its finest.

These CW super hero shows need to get it together with the showings. It wreaks havok in these forums

Too bad this isn't a weightlifting contest. As this is a fight, we're going to base it off of Supergirl's fight feats... or are you saying we should completely disregard all of her fighting feats?

NemeBro
Too bad this isn't a weightlifting contest. As this is a fight, we're going to base it off of Supergirl's fight feats... or are you saying we should completely disregard all of her fighting feats? No, it just means that the mooks who give Supergirl trouble would easily manhandle Thor. It's simple my son.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
No, it just means that the mooks who give Supergirl trouble would easily manhandle Thor. It's simple my son.

Bet you don't have any proof to back that up with.

NemeBro
Bet you don't have any proof to back that up with. Sure I do. Supergirl has feats far outside of Thor's capabilities to match, and these characters have caused her far more trouble than Thor would. Ergo, they'd casually shitstomp Thor.

Robtard
So people are just ignoring that SG has casually lifted and handled the weight of two billion pounds with a single hand?

2,000,000,000 X https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31Nv2I3cbfL._SY300_.jpg

NemeBro
So people are just ignoring that SG has casually lifted and handled the weight of two billion pounds with a single hand? It's really sad and pathetic downplaying tbh.

They just find it hard to believe that their big blonde beefcake Norse husbando would get his ass casually beat by not only Supergirl, but by her random monsters of the week. thumb up

FrothByte
Sure I do. Supergirl has feats far outside of Thor's capabilities to match, and these characters have caused her far more trouble than Thor would. Ergo, they'd casually shitstomp Thor.

So let me get this straight. I point out that Supergirl has lifting feats greater than Thor but not fighting feats. You postulate that the foes she fought could beat Thor in a fight. I ask you to prove it and your proof is... that Supergirl has good lifting feats? Because she certainly doesn't have fighting feats better than Thor's.

You can't use the argument in question as the proof for that same argument.

Here's my counter proof: You can visually see how much faster, more fluid, more skilled and more powerful Thor moves in a fight as compared to majority of the mooks that give Supergirl trouble.

FrothByte
So people are just ignoring that SG has casually lifted and handled the weight of two billion pounds with a single hand?

2,000,000,000 X https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31Nv2I3cbfL._SY300_.jpg

No, but we also can't ignore the fact that Supergirl keeps having trouble defeating villains that Thor would steamroll through.

Robtard
Jobbing for the sake of the storyline doesn't transfer over into Vs matches where the players (unless otherwise stated) are both at their best shown performances.

FrothByte
Jobbing for the sake of the storyline doesn't transfer over into Vs matches where the players (unless otherwise stated) are both at their best shown performances.

It's not jobbing if you do it almost every single episode. Then it's pretty much the norm.

Silent Master
Comic Flash has multiple FTL feats, Deathstroke has multiple feats of landing hits/attacks on Flash, ergo Deathstroke is FTL.

Is this really the argument people want to use?

quanchi112
No, but we also can't ignore the fact that Supergirl keeps having trouble defeating villains that Thor would steamroll through. thumb up

DC fans focus on lifting feats not fighting feats.

Robtard
Comic Flash has multiple FTL feats, Deathstroke has multiple feats of landing hits/attacks on Flash, ergo Deathstroke is FTL.

Is this really the argument people want to use?

Flash while capable of FTL, doesn't always function at those speeds in the comics.

In a Vs match though where both are at their best, you can be sure that the Flash would FTL punch Deathstroke into mist. This isn't hard, man.

wakkawakkawakka
Supergirl has more than enough power, speed, and versatility to take on all the Avengers let alone Thor: I don't think anyone would argue against this point.

The problem stems from Supergirl being just as inept as she is power. Granted something may have happened over the course of her show this season to prove otherwise, and if so I'd eat crow, but I still hold to the opinion that Thor would win.

Then there's this: O8XbVV-Sxj4

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

DC fans focus on lifting feats not fighting feats.

If someone is strong and durable enough to lift, hold and manipulate two billion pounds with a single hand, they don't have to be the best fighters to win against someone who is ridiculously below them.

eg MCU Hawkeye is a more skilled fighter than MCU Hulk. But he's not taking out Hulk 1v1 thumb up

Silent Master
We argue in character, so no. the Flash wouldn't FTL punch Deathstroke into mist. not unless CIS was removed or bloodlust was added.

Surtur
We argue in character, so no. the Flash wouldn't FTL punch Deathstroke into mist. not unless CIS was removed or bloodlust was added.

This is true, in character, TV Barry would just run back in time and f*ck things up for everyone else.

NemeBro
So let me get this straight. I point out that Supergirl has lifting feats greater than Thor but not fighting feats.

Do you have proof that God takes away Supergirl's physical strength in fights?

It's simple powerscaling lad, try to keep up.

Fighting feats like what? Looking REALLY REALLY cool when he fights? Lmao.

Ah so you're accusing me of using circular reasoning. You have a very poor understanding of the term then.

Circular reasoning is when one's premise and argument are the same thing.

My premise is that Supergirl's random mooks will make Thor's anus prolapse. My argument is that Supergirl's feats are far superior to anything Thor has shown, meaning that she would casually manhandle Thor. Her foes are able to challenge Supergirl, therefore they could best him handily as well.

So we ignore all the speed feats Supergirl has because Thor "looks" faster?

Also, in what fight scene by the way? Because all of Thor's fight scenes portray him as a brawler who doesn't visually use much in the way of super speed in fights. When he fights Loki he isn't moving so fast he can't be seen. Likely because a fight we can't see is boring.

This is a buzzword only a phaggot would use my son.

Skill only matters if the opponents are roughly physical peers. Supergirl is many times Thor's physical superior. His skill means nothing here.

What does this even mean my son?

Let me tell you what you are doing. You are essentially saying that Thor wins because he benefits from a much better budget.

By your logic, Thor should beat Reeves Superman in a fight despite Superman's feats being many orders of magnitude better, simply due to how dated the special effects are.

Tell me if you believe Thor would beat Reeves Superman, so I can dismiss your opinions are being excremental gayness.

quanchi112
If someone is strong and durable enough to lift, hold and manipulate two billion pounds with a single hand, they don't have to be the best fighters to win against someone who is ridiculously below them.

eg MCU Hawkeye is a more skilled fighter than MCU Hulk. But he's not taking out Hulk 1v1 thumb up Because they have been portrayed in the same films as completely different. We know Thor has taken on the Hulk who casually stopped a leviathan. It's a feat we don't over exaggerate and forget how these guys stack up against guys without these feats and pretend there's a vast difference rbetween the two. Fights and portrayals matter more than feats.

quanchi112
Do you have proof that God takes away Supergirl's physical strength in fights?

It's simple powerscaling lad, try to keep up.

Fighting feats like what? Looking REALLY REALLY cool when he fights? Lmao.

Ah so you're accusing me of using circular reasoning. You have a very poor understanding of the term then.

Circular reasoning is when one's premise and argument are the same thing.

My premise is that Supergirl's random mooks will make Thor's anus prolapse. My argument is that Supergirl's feats are far superior to anything Thor has shown, meaning that she would casually manhandle Thor. Her foes are able to challenge Supergirl, therefore they could best him handily as well.

So we ignore all the speed feats Supergirl has because Thor "looks" faster?

Also, in what fight scene by the way? Because all of Thor's fight scenes portray him as a brawler who doesn't visually use much in the way of super speed in fights. When he fights Loki he isn't moving so fast he can't be seen. Likely because a fight we can't see is boring.

This is a buzzword only a phaggot would use my son.

Skill only matters if the opponents are roughly physical peers. Supergirl is many times Thor's physical superior. His skill means nothing here.

What does this even mean my son?

Let me tell you what you are doing. You are essentially saying that Thor wins because he benefits from a much better budget.

By your logic, Thor should beat Reeves Superman in a fight despite Superman's feats being many orders of magnitude better, simply due to how dated the special effects are.

Tell me if you believe Thor would beat Reeves Superman, so I can dismiss your opinions are being excremental gayness. This post is basically trash and you know it, feat boy. I used to hear the same nonsense when the video game guys tried calcing feats for Link and ignoring his portrayal in the game.

Robtard
Because they have been portrayed in the same films as completely different. We know Thor has taken on the Hulk who casually stopped a leviathan. It's a feat we don't over exaggerate and forget how these guys stack up against guys without these feats and pretend there's a vast difference rbetween the two. Fights and portrayals matter more than feats.

You're not making sense. You tout feats (eg Leviathan punch) and then say feats don't matter as much, which is a silly thing to say.

Surtur
He's Quan, just go with it.

NemeBro
You're not making sense. You tout feats (eg Leviathan punch) and then say feats don't matter as much, which is a silly thing to say. Learn from my example, don't engage the mentally disabled (or trolling, I'm still reasonably certain he's a troll).

quanchi112
You're not making sense. You tout feats (eg Leviathan punch) and then say feats don't matter as much, which is a silly thing to say. We don't ignore them completely but just because Hulk has this feat doesn't mean he bitchslaps Thor. Thor is in the same league and we can tell since he can take punches from Hulk. Hulk is stronger and more the powerhouse as I've always maintained but Thor is in the same league. Portrayals matter more than random feats. It's how these characters stack up and when they do with guys who has massive strength feats we don't see a huge disparity.

Surtur
Learn from my example, don't engage the mentally disabled (or trolling, I'm still reasonably certain he's a troll).

But what if you have a mentally disabled troll? Such is Quan.

quanchi112
Learn from my example, don't engage the mentally disabled (or trolling, I'm still reasonably certain he's a troll). Says the guy who wants to ignore portrayals, tendencies, etc. because he lifted two billion tons. Hulk in comics has insane strength feats but that doesn't mean Spiderman can't affect him or Cap for that matter. You do not grasp how fictional writers work to make me question your intelligence and clear narrow mindedness.

quanchi112
But what if you have a mentally disabled troll? Such is Quan. Says the guy who is a bum and can't even support himself.

NemeBro
Thor is in the same league and we can tell since he can take punches from Hulk. Going to break my rule briefly.

Yes, and Supergirl's random monsters of the week are in the same league as her, and we can tell since they can take punches from Supergirl. Hence why these guys would stomp Thor. smile

Surtur
Says the guy who is a bum and can't even support himself.

Lmao.

quanchi112
Going to break my rule briefly.

Yes, and Supergirl's random monsters of the week are in the same league as her, and we can tell since they can take punches from Supergirl. Hence why these guys would stomp Thor. smile Hulk can casually stop a leviathan which weighs a loooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Hulk can't casually deal with Thor despite his super human strength. Therefore Thor is in Hulk's league who has a feat. I know feats are all that matter to people such as yourself. Newsflash reality doesn't sync up with fiction so feats won't matter as much as you're pretending they are. It doesn't matter since Thor can hang with characters with super strength feats.

quanchi112
Lmao. Tis true. You're a self admitted loser.

Surtur
Tis true. You're a self admitted loser.

Quote me then.

quanchi112
Quote me then. You admitted you don't work and use the system. Loser.

Arachnid1

It's really sad and pathetic downplaying tbh.

They just find it hard to believe that their big blonde beefcake Norse husbando would get his ass casually beat by not only Supergirl, but by her random monsters of the week. thumb up Finally. I was starting to feel a bit alone ITT. It was legitimately mind boggling that everyone was arguing in Thors favor. I wasn't even sure if it was a mass troll job or something from some of the arguments I read.

Surtur
You admitted you don't work and use the system. Loser.

So you can't quote me, okay cool. Any other comments?

quanchi112
So you can't quote me, okay cool. Any other comments? I don't care to quote you. You're a loser. A bum who escapes reality that doesn't work or support himself.

quanchi112
Finally. I was starting to feel a bit alone ITT. It was legitimately mind boggling that everyone was arguing in Thors favor. I wasn't even sure if it was a mass troll job or something from some of the arguments I read. So fights don't matter just lifting feats. Lol. Ignorance.

Robtard
Finally. I was starting to feel a bit alone ITT. It was legitimately mind boggling that everyone was arguing in Thors favor. I wasn't even sure if it was a mass troll job or something from some of the arguments I read.

I've been there since page 1. I'm always there in times of need.

Surtur
I don't care to quote you. You're a loser. A bum who escapes reality that doesn't work or support himself.

So no you can't, okie dokie, thanks.

FrothByte

And much better choreography and much more consistent fighting feats. You can whine all you want but there's no getting away from the fact that Supergirl is a crappy fighter. Even she admitted it.

And if you really think that Supergirl and this guy fights just as fast and skilled as Thor then you need to get your eyes checked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WReoX3R8d3k

NemeBro
And much better choreography

This doesn't matter. He has much better choreography than Reeves Superman too. Does Thor beat him?

Yeah, like consistently running from gatling gun bullets.

That's nice. She'd still manhandle Thor with one hand. She could literally force Thor's entire body up her ass hole and compress it to the size of a marble, and then proceed to push the now-dead Thor marble out of her butthole the next time she takes a Brooklyn Steamer. The gap in physical stats is that high my lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jqZQWuuaF8

Yeah Thor sluggishly swinging his hammer in those wide arcs is so much faster lmao.

Sorry bud, I'm not going to ignore Supergirl's vastly greater feats just because her show's budget can't afford SUPER HIGH OCTANE EXTREME COOL collateral damage like Thor's films. Your only argument is that Supergirl has trouble with foes who you are assuming to be weaker than Thor. Yet they can contend with a being that has feats that effortlessly shit on Thor's.

As for speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUk_0lWD39s

Yeah no, even in "combat speed" Supergirl has feats far superior than Thor's. Did they not happen because her fight with Reactron wasn't as visually fast?

Oh and you didn't answer. Reevesman vs. Thor, who wins?

Silent Master
Fight choreography does matter.

NemeBro
Fight choreography does matter. Not to any great extent. The MCU having better choreography isn't going to suddenly give Thor the win against a character many times his physical superior.

ScreamPaste
Fight choreography does matter.
By this logic I could beat up Buffy Summers.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
By this logic I could beat up Buffy Summers.

Prove it, you can start by posting feats of you fighting that are better than Buffy.

Silent Master
Not to any great extent. The MCU having better choreography isn't going to suddenly give Thor the win against a character many times his physical superior.

Thor having far better fight choreography proves that he is more skilled.

NemeBro
Thor having far better fight choreography proves that he is more skilled. Can you show me disputing this?

My argument was never that Supergirl is more skilled than Thor. Just that she could literally hold him down and eat him, and he wouldn't be able to stop her as he feebly squirmed in her grasp.

Frothbyte seems to think that Thor's choreography proves he is stronger and faster than Supergirl, despite her much better feats.

Silent Master
Assuming he just stands there, instead of dodging.

NemeBro
Assuming he just stands there, instead of dodging. His skill doesn't suddenly give him the speed to react to someone much faster than him my friend. Nor does it suddenly give him the ability to actually, say, hurt Supergirl.

Silent Master
So you're arguing that Supergirl's attacks have never been dodged by someone at or below Thor's level of speed?

NemeBro
So you're arguing that Supergirl's attacks have never been dodged by someone at or below Thor's level of speed? Of course not. After all, Supergirl is much faster than Thor, and if they can dodge her attacks they are obviously faster than he is. smile

ScreamPaste
Prove it, you can start by posting feats of you fighting that are better than Buffy.
I don't have cerebral palsy.

My choreography is already better. The show was fun. The choreography was baaaaaad

Silent Master
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I don't have cerebral palsy.

My choreography is already better. The show was fun. The choreography was baaaaaad

Prove it.

FrothByte
This doesn't matter. He has much better choreography than Reeves Superman too. Does Thor beat him?

Yeah, like consistently running from gatling gun bullets.

That's nice. She'd still manhandle Thor with one hand. She could literally force Thor's entire body up her ass hole and compress it to the size of a marble, and then proceed to push the now-dead Thor marble out of her butthole the next time she takes a Brooklyn Steamer. The gap in physical stats is that high my lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jqZQWuuaF8

Yeah Thor sluggishly swinging his hammer in those wide arcs is so much faster lmao.

Sorry bud, I'm not going to ignore Supergirl's vastly greater feats just because her show's budget can't afford SUPER HIGH OCTANE EXTREME COOL collateral damage like Thor's films. Your only argument is that Supergirl has trouble with foes who you are assuming to be weaker than Thor. Yet they can contend with a being that has feats that effortlessly shit on Thor's.

As for speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUk_0lWD39s

Yeah no, even in "combat speed" Supergirl has feats far superior than Thor's. Did they not happen because her fight with Reactron wasn't as visually fast?

Oh and you didn't answer. Reevesman vs. Thor, who wins?

Does Reeve Superman regularly get beat up by opponents vastly physically inferior to him?

So Thor swings a roundhouse hit with his hammer as slowly as Supergirl throws a jab. You really think this is going to help your argument?

Silent Master
Of course not. After all, Supergirl is much faster than Thor, and if they can dodge her attacks they are obviously faster than he is. smile

Prove that she was moving at above Thor level speed when they dodged her.

NemeBro
Does Reeve Superman regularly get beat up by opponents vastly physically inferior to him?

The stooges in the second movie don't have any feats on par with him, so by your own pseudo-logic yes. smile

2:34 in your video, Supergirl's jab is less than a second. It happens within 2:35's time frame.

0:25 in my Thor vs. Loki fight Thor takes nearly a full second to do a jabbing hammer strike. Starts at the start of 0:26 and ends just before 0:27. So even by your dumb pseudo-logic and after you cherry-picked the fight you wanted to use to downplay Supergirl, you're wrong!

So judging by your complete inability to respond to the bulk of my post, can you just give me your concession now? Your posts are getting repetitive and dull. There's no reason to draw your beating out any further. thumb down

NemeBro
Prove that she was moving at above Thor level speed when they dodged her. Got any proof that God took away Supergirl's speed during these fights? smile

Silent Master
Got any proof that God took away Supergirl's speed during these fights? smile

I see, so now your argument is that Supergirl uses her full speed in 100% of her fights. do you have any proof?

wakkawakkawakka

NemeBro
I see, so now your argument is that Supergirl uses her full speed in 100% of her fights. do you have any proof? Occam's razor my friend.

You're arguing Supergirl is operating at a significant fraction of her super speed in fights. Do you have any proof for this claim at all? Anything to indicate it is the case, beyond the lack of feats the foes she's fighting have other than, of course, fighting her?

See, I can use your dumb pseudo-logic to anything. Like when Thor fought Hulk. Prove Hulk was fighting at full strength. Prove Thor was.

Prove that Ironman was fighting at full strength or speed when he fought Thor.

You can pose this question to anything. I don't need to prove that Supergirl is arbitrarily weaker while fighting these characters. That's up to you or Frothbyte to prove. smile

Silent Master
Based on what the scenes in question actually show and the characters involved, Occam's razor would point to her not using her full speed in every fight, so thank you for dropping your claim that Supergirl always fights at 100% of her speed.

FrothByte
The stooges in the second movie don't have any feats on par with him, so by your own pseudo-logic yes. smile

2:34 in your video, Supergirl's jab is less than a second. It happens within 2:35's time frame.

0:25 in my Thor vs. Loki fight Thor takes nearly a full second to do a jabbing hammer strike. Starts at the start of 0:26 and ends just before 0:27. So even by your dumb pseudo-logic and after you cherry-picked the fight you wanted to use to downplay Supergirl, you're wrong!

So judging by your complete inability to respond to the bulk of my post, can you just give me your concession now? Your posts are getting repetitive and dull. There's no reason to draw your beating out any further. thumb down

The reason I don't respond to the rest of your post is because if you ask 10 questions, and I answer with 10 counter arguments and questions of my own, we'll end up with a very messy string of arguments. So pick one point you'd like to discuss and we'll debate it till satisfaction.

Go ahead, pick one point. Or do would you prefer me to go first?

FrothByte

See, I can use your dumb pseudo-logic to anything. Like when Thor fought Hulk. Prove Hulk was fighting at full strength. Prove Thor was.

Prove that Ironman was fighting at full strength or speed when he fought Thor.

Don't be a dumbass. Hulk was so angry he couldn't differentiate friend from foe. Obviously he was fighting at full strength. Thor was clearly trying to talk to Banner and getting him to calm down. Ironman was operating at 400%.

These are all easily provable so not sure why you're bringing it up.

NemeBro
Based on what the scenes in question actually show

Characters being able to fight Supergirl, thus being more powerful than Thor (also faster)?

Well one of them is Supergirl and naturally has her feats, the other is someone challenging Supergirl, so it stands to reason that both are about as strong as Supergirl. smile

That's not how Occam's Razor works little guy. You have to come up with these detailed explanations of why she's not fighting at or near her full speed. That's not occam's razor at all. no

NemeBro
The reason I don't respond to the rest of your post is because if you ask 10 questions, and I answer with 10 counter arguments and questions of my own, we'll end up with a very messy string of arguments. So pick one point you'd like to discuss and we'll debate it till satisfaction.

Go ahead, pick one point. Or do would you prefer me to go first? Do all of it my son. thumb up

Silent Master
Prove that those characters were faster than Thor.

NemeBro
Don't be a dumbass. Hulk was so angry he couldn't differentiate friend from foe. Obviously he was fighting at full strength. Thor was clearly trying to talk to Banner and getting him to calm down. Ironman was operating at 400%.

These are all easily provable so not sure why you're bringing it up.

Oh yeah, are they?

And what is your reasoning for why Supergirl is suddenly so much weaker, slower, and less durable in the fights you're using? smile

Is there some personal context to what you believe is her being much less formidable during fights?

NemeBro
Prove that those characters were faster than Thor. Well it's easy, it's because they can keep up with Supergirl. smile

You've resorted to repeating yourself friend. You should probably stick to cheerleading other people. You're better at it. yes

Anyway, I'll just take your concession now. thumb up

Silent Master
Prove that Supergirl was using above Thor level speed when they "kept up with her".

FrothByte
Oh yeah, are they?

And what is your reasoning for why Supergirl is suddenly so much weaker, slower, and less durable in the fights you're using? smile

Is there some personal context to what you believe is her being much less formidable during fights?

If you believe that SG is utilizing 100% of her speed and strength in every fight and yet still gets beat up then either

1. ALL of her opponents have superspeed, and you'll need to prove that all of them in fact do have superspeed

Or

2. Her performance at 100% strength and speed is really just that crappy that she still gets beat up by foes a lot slower than her.

So, do you believe she always fights at 100%?

NemeBro
What are you doing still posting my son? I've already accepted your concession. thumb up

NemeBro
If you believe that SG is utilizing 100% of her speed and strength in every fight and yet still gets beat up then either

1. ALL of her opponents have superspeed, and you'll need to prove that all of them in fact do have superspeed

Well that's easy to prove, they all have super speed because they beat Supergirl. Prove me wrong. thumb up

FrothByte
What are you doing still posting my son? I've already accepted your concession. thumb up

Your juvenile passive-aggressive insults won't work on me. I'm not playing your game. State your argument and learn to debate like an adult.

Silent Master
@NemeBro

So you can't provide any real proof and can only offer your extremely biased opinion.

FrothByte
Well that's easy to prove, they all have super speed because they beat Supergirl. Prove me wrong. thumb up

Ok so just to be clear, your stance is every single opponent that Supergirl fought has super speed?

NemeBro
Your juvenile passive-aggressive insults won't work on me. I'm not playing your game. State your argument and learn to debate like an adult. I wasn't talking to you my son, calm down.

NemeBro
Ok so just to be clear, your stance is every single opponent that Supergirl fought has super speed? To be honest I have literally no idea. I haven't seen a single episode of the show. thumb up

FrothByte
To be honest I have literally no idea. I haven't seen a single episode of the show. thumb up

Oh mother f-------!!! I just spent 3 pages getting trolled.

quanchi112
So no you can't, okie dokie, thanks. Are you denying you said this ?

TheVaultDweller
Flash has been punched by people too. Would he be unable to dodge a hammer throw?

To be fair, the frequency with which the Flash gets tagged by random people has steadily decreased as time goes by (it still happens sometimes, but nowhere near as often as it did in season 1, for example). And very often there are specific plot elements involved (like he is distracted by someone else nearby, or fighting a friend, or isn't allowed to fight back, like his last encounter with Weather Wizard and Trickster etc.). Also, Barry actually has feats like dodging lightning, blasts from Dr Light, catching automatic gunfire, dodging blasts from Mick and Snart etc.

quanchi112
Oh mother f-------!!! I just spent 3 pages getting trolled. Nemebro has always been a troll who loves feats primarily.

Surtur
Nemebro has always been a troll who loves feats primarily.

Lol! Next Quan is going to say science teachers are trolls because they love facts.

quanchi112
Lol! Next Quan is going to say science teachers are trolls because they love facts. Nemebro admitted to trolling in this thread. His ignorance is appalling but you're a loser of the highest caliber.

Surtur
Nemebro admitted to trolling in this thread. His ignorance is appalling but you're a loser of the highest caliber.

Hilarious. Hurl some more insults you have no business hurling. Maybe call me a Khan fanboy or something lol. Put the icing on the cake.

FrothByte
Hilarious. Hurl some more insults you have no business hurling. Maybe call me a Khan fanboy or something lol. Put the icing on the cake.

To be fair, Nemebro did admit to not having watched a single episode of Supergirl.

Silent Master
To be fair, Nemebro did admit to not having watched a single episode of Supergirl.

He also claimed that everyone Supergirl ever fought had Flash level superspeed.

NemeBro
prove me wrong

Surtur

This is true, but that isn't actually trolling. You do not need to see a show to discuss the merits of feats, or even to look up clips on youtube, etc.

Speed and it's usage was being discussed. Whether you agree or disagree I don't necessarily see it as trolling.

Robtard
I've seen all of S1 and I can verify that Supergirl casually picked up and manipulated a two billion pound (let that sink in for a moment) key with her hand.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>