MCU Iron Fist vs. Winter Soldier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Who wins

Bucky gets his knife

cdtm
Bucky gets Fisted.

BruceSkywalker
smfdh

spite city

TheVaultDweller
I'd give it to Winter Soldier. The only way Danny could seriously damage Bucky is via his chi strikes, whereas Bucky's regular limbs, robot limb, and knife can all put a hurting on Iron Fist.

carthage
Danny should be able to shatter his arm via chi if it's powerful enough to destroy an entire floor of a skyscraper.

TheVaultDweller
A. That's by far the highest end strike he showed. If he could shatter Bucky's metal arm with an average chi strike, he should have pretty much exploded the one Hand guy who he chi punched in the chest. So, he'd likely need to use up most of his chi for that to even be plausible.

B. That's also assuming he can land a chi strike to that specific arm before any of Bucky's limbs or knife connect him. Regular human hits were having an effect on him. He said that his body felt like a giant bruise after fighting the Hand guys in that tournament. Super soldier hits will be worse. Not to mention one of the duo from the tournament got him pretty good with a knife, across the one arm, and I would place that guy below Winter Soldier.

I just don't see Danny pulling it off before he gets a super strong punch to the face, or a knife to the gut etc.

Dreampanther
My main problem with Iron Fist is that what we know about him doesn't correlate with what we see when he fights. He is supposed to be this amazing martial artist, arguably the best in the Marvel universe, but when he fights he looks awkward, overextended, unbalanced. Obviously this is because Finn Jones doesn't have much of a background in kung fu and since he doesn't wear a mask, it's not always easy to use a stunt double for him.

Having said that, let's assume he is a great martial artist and he can hold Bucky off until he hits him with his Iron Fist. Based on the beatings Bucky took and handed out in Winter Soldier and Civil War, I'm not sure that is going to be enough to put him down for good.

And since Danny seems to be still new at the Iron Fist thing, it looks like he still gets exhausted after using his chi so if he doesn't put Bucky down he's going to be too weak to defend himself afterwards.

With the super soldier serum Bucky is much tougher, faster and stronger than anyone we have seen Danny fight yet, not to mention he has several decades of training and experience. Honestly, imo, Danny hasn't shown anything yet that convinces me he can hang out in the same class as Cap, Bucky and T'Challa.

random letters
I don't see Rand winning, especially since he sometimes has trouble with regular humans. Bucky is faster, more durable, and much stronger. Well, I'm not completely sure about the faster thing. It's hard to tell because Finn Jones is so damn slow and awkward, so I'm not sure how fast he's "supposed" to be. Anyways, his fist is basically a one shot thing, and unless he gets Bucky with that one shot, he's not winning.

Khazra Reborn
I haven't finished IF yet, but based on what I've seen Bucky would rag doll Danny.

cdtm
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
A. That's by far the highest end strike he showed. If he could shatter Bucky's metal arm with an average chi strike, he should have pretty much exploded the one Hand guy who he chi punched in the chest.

Danny also has a code against killing in the TV series.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by cdtm
Danny also has a code against killing in the TV series.

I am aware of that. But it doesn't change the fact that the ground smash he did in the final episode is way above any other chi strike he did. None of his other chi-amped strikes came close to dealing that level of damage.

And, thinking about it, that was hugely risky, considering the shockwave of the groundpunch could have sent someone through one of the shattering windows, or caused a piece of flying rubble to crush someone.

FrothByte
I'm only at episode 6 and unless Rand gets much better then WS crushes him. If WS can take hits from IM then he can take hits from Rand's Ironfist. On the other hand, Rand seems to get hurt from regular human hits so a hit from WS's non robot limbs should floor him. WS's robot arm should flat out break his bones.

FrothByte
On a side note: I really wish they'd cast a different actor for Danny Rand, someone who has some decent martial arts background or at least someone more athletic. It's pretty bad when even Phil Coulson does better fight scenes than one of MCU's supposedly best martial artists.

To be fair, this series has better fight scenes tha Luke Cage and Jessica Jones but nowhere near Daredevil or AoS.

TheVaultDweller
Well, Danny's max output with the Iron Fist is pretty high up there. But he generally puts in far less power than that when he uses it. The one time he uses it at full power is pretty much because he needed to get at someone he couldn't reach normally, so he is very unlikely to resort to using that amount of power in a normal fight, and far more likely to use the normal amount he puts in.

wakkawakkawakka
From what I've gathered from MCU Iron Fist, none of the Neflix Marvel heroes save for Luke are taking any of the supersoldier characters like WS, Cap, and BP unless the situation is extremely skewed in their favor. Even then its unlikely that they would actually win.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by FrothByte
On a side note: I really wish they'd cast a different actor for Danny Rand, someone who has some decent martial arts background or at least someone more athletic. It's pretty bad when even Phil Coulson does better fight scenes than one of MCU's supposedly best martial artists.

To be fair, this series has better fight scenes tha Luke Cage and Jessica Jones but nowhere near Daredevil or AoS.

Yeah, the guy is clearly a total non-athlete. I'm not in the 'has to be an Asian dude camp'. But it would have been awesome to get someone who knows how to at the very least mimic a fighters movement. And perhaps a bit more gruff, sorry but I don't really buy that the Knight of Flowers spent over half his life in a monastery with hardened warrior monks.

quanchi112
WS rapes him. Horrible thread idea.

playa1258
WS wins.

random letters
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Yeah, the guy is clearly a total non-athlete. I'm not in the 'has to be an Asian dude camp'. But it would have been awesome to get someone who knows how to at the very least mimic a fighters movement. And perhaps a bit more gruff, sorry but I don't really buy that the Knight of Flowers spent over half his life in a monastery with hardened warrior monks.

I couldn't even buy him as the Knight of Flowers. He barely looks like he can curl 10 pounds and I'm supposed to believe that he can run around and fight in full plate armor? Let alone be one of the best young warriors in the country.

It was a bit of a "wtf" moment for me when I found out he as cast, but I still tried to keep an open mind. Once I finally saw the fight scenes though I just had to cringe. Among all the actors in the MCU, he may just be the worst "fighter" with the exception of the actress who plays Jessica Jones. And to be fair, that's a character with zero martial arts training, so it makes more sense.

FrothByte
Let's hope he takes the criticisms seriously and trains hard in preparation for season 2.

Silent Master
I haven't seen the series yet so I cannot comment on the fight, however anybody in the 'he needs to be an Asian dude camp' are retards.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Silent Master
I haven't seen the series yet so I cannot comment on the fight, however anybody in the 'he needs to be an Asian dude camp' are retards.

Indeed. It's a good show, minus Jones looking and coming off with a bit too much pomp for the role. I like it a lot actually, it's just under Daredevil season 2 for me.

FrothByte
Some people complain about it being a bit too slow, but I honestly found Luke Cage slower. And yes, the "he needs to be Asian" complaints are just outright ridiculous. It's almost like a crime now to cast a white actor in anything.

Mindset
Originally posted by random letters
I couldn't even buy him as the Knight of Flowers. He barely looks like he can curl 10 pounds and I'm supposed to believe that he can run around and fight in full plate armor? Let alone be one of the best young warriors in the country.

It was a bit of a "wtf" moment for me when I found out he as cast, but I still tried to keep an open mind. Once I finally saw the fight scenes though I just had to cringe. Among all the actors in the MCU, he may just be the worst "fighter" with the exception of the actress who plays Jessica Jones. And to be fair, that's a character with zero martial arts training, so it makes more sense. KoF was never supposed to be physically imposing though, he was a pretty boy who could use a sword well.

He fit that role.

Originally posted by FrothByte
It's almost like a crime now to cast a white actor in anything. Lol...ok.

Anyway, WS wins.

quanchi112
The films blow these tv shows out of the water. WS wins.

random letters
Originally posted by Mindset
KoF was never supposed to be physically imposing though, he was a pretty boy who could use a sword well.

He fit that role.

Of course he's not supposed to look like the Hound, but he's still supposed to be a guy who's very active and swings heavy weapons all day. It's not like he's a fencer using a small sword. Martial artists and athletes often aren't physically imposing guys, but they look physically fit. Their training makes them that way.

Mindset
Originally posted by random letters
Of course he's not supposed to look like the Hound, but he's still supposed to be a guy who's very active and swings heavy weapons all day. It's not like he's a fencer using a small sword. Martial artists and athletes often aren't physically imposing guys, but they look physically fit. Their training makes them that way. There are pro fighters that don't look physically fit...

John Murdoch
Winter Soldier all the live-long day. The fact that he goes toe-to-toe with Cap, BP, and Iron Man (yeah, PIS to some extent, but still it happened) puts him head-and-shoulders above Danny unless Danny goes full chi strike and Bucky just lets him take a free shot.

Henry_Pym
Bucky gets the edge but Danny has a decent shot as Bucky isn't tanking Danny's punches.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Bucky gets the edge but Danny has a decent shot as Bucky isn't tanking Danny's punches.

Bucky can survive hits from IM.

Henry_Pym
Have you seen the last episode of Iron Fist?

Surtur
Danny's ground smash is pretty powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.