Rebels: Maul vs Ben Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
Kenobi v Maul

TenebrousWay
I'm only seeing Obi Wan killing fodder. Where's Maul?

darthbane77
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
I'm only seeing Obi Wan killing fodder. Where's Maul? If you look closely, you can see that Maul is the fodder. Hard to tell though, easy mistake to make.

Lord Stark
My God. Kenobi stomped him like Maul stomped Savage. This is one of the funniest things I've seen in the new canon. LOL

DarthDuelist9
This was supposed to be such an epic duel

TheNuisanceBird
This is yet another retarded thing to come from Disney canon.

Should've rivaled Vader VS Ahsoka.

UCanShootMyNova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7fCQlUhj0

chingchangwalla
Worst thing to ever happen in Star Wars. Whoever created this piece of shit send off for Maul deserves to be hung. Absolutely disgusting.

UCanShootMyNova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY

chingchangwalla
I AM NEVER GETTING OVER THIS. A 10 second fight!? WHAT THE ****ING **** **** **** **** **** ****JCHFBD

UCanShootMyNova
IT WASN'T 10 SECONDS BRO!!! STOP YOUR MAUL WANKING D'X

chingchangwalla
Maul's character has just been wrecked for 3rd time. Great job ****tards

UCanShootMyNova
WAT CHARACTER?! UNDERNEATH MAUL'S RED ASS EXTERIOR IS MORE SMILING FILONI FACES!!!

http://fangirlblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Dave-Filoni.jpg

chingchangwalla
Are you telling me you wouldn't have rathered a long ass duel?

UCanShootMyNova
I WOULD HAVE RATHER BEEN ASS ****ED BY A PORCUPINE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MythLord
I don't know if I should love this or hate this.

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord

Unbowed
FFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLOOOOOOOONIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA
AAAHHHH!

DarthDuelist9

Some circumstances which could explain the short fight scene is how Maul was on the verge of a breakdown and been crossing the dessert for a big amount of time, then again I'm getting tired of having to use these type of excuses to explain these scenes.

SunRazer
Doubt it's anything to do with fatigue. It's really just a calm vs enraged, "clarity vs blindness" thing.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Doubt it's anything to do with fatigue. It's really just a Tier 8 vs Tier 5 thing. thumb up

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
Doubt it's anything to do with fatigue. It's really just a calm vs enraged, "clarity vs blindness" thing.

Sure, considering it's Filoni we're talking about that seems the most likely option.

chingchangwalla
Filoni had it out for Maul. I'm going to kill him and his family.

Nephthys
https://media.giphy.com/media/zHVDvEgSqIclW/giphy.gif

Nephthys
This is ****ing amazing.

KingD19
Also this Kenobi was a match for Vader. The same guy Maul was pissing his pants thinking about meeting. He just had a blinding rage against Kenobi. So you've got a a clear-headed Jedi Master roughly on par with Vader. Who is also the best defensive duelist of his generation.

Vs. Maul.

Total Warrior
Just saw the duel... basically Obi threeshotted maul... how is this possible?

MythLord
If you look closely, Maul wanted to end this quickly by pulling off the same move he did with Qui-Gon Jinn(hit him in the face, then stab him), but left himself exposed as a result...

Either that, or Maul is sh!t. Going with the latter.

Geistalt
If you look closely, Maul wanted to end this quickly by pulling off the same move he did with Qui-Gon Jinn(hit him in the face, then stab him), but left himself exposed as a result...

Either that, or Maul is sh!t. Going with the latter. Yes to both of those things.

TenebrousWay

Either that, or Maul is sh!t. Going with the latter.

Dude looked like a clueless fool.

cdtm
After the blind Kanan thing, this kind of needed to happen to preserve Obi-Wan's credibility.

cdtm
So wait, does this mean Ahsoka >>>>> Maul now?

Or is Vader <<<<< Ben?

But that would contradict the movies. How did Ahsoka get so good anyways? How did Ben, just sitting around hermiting? Something doesn't add up.

Rebel95
LMAO laughing

MythLord
Originally posted by cdtm
So wait, does this mean Ahsoka >>>>> Maul now?

Or is Vader <<<<< Ben?

But that would contradict the movies. How did Ahsoka get so good anyways? How did Ben, just sitting around hermiting? Something doesn't add up.

It's something called inconsistency. Shocking how a primarily story-based show, with no real wish to preserve a coherent hierarchy, can have inconsistent power-levels, huh?

Stop trying to work your head around it and accept that Maul is just sh!t, and Ben and Vader are awesome. thumb up

|King Joker|
People are way too tunnel-visioned in trying to make every single fight fit into their rigid versus-debate system that they ignore story contexts.

DarthAnt66
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Rebel95
Part of me is happy because this proves how great Kenobi is (and therefore Vader as well). But on the other hand it's a bummer how they've completely ruined Maul as a character over time, this really just topped it off lol

Rockydonovang
Yea as a kenobi fan that fight was a fck up
Though the metaphors joker pointed out are are pretty good
For context, Kenobi likely focused himself after Luke was mentioned
And the ending with maul finally being at peace and kenobi laying him to rest was a great touch

Psychotron
Originally posted by Rebel95
Part of me is happy because this proves how great Kenobi is (and therefore Vader as well). But on the other hand it's a bummer how they've completely ruined Maul as a character over time, this really just topped it off lol

Maul never had a character. He was popular because he looked cool and that's it. He's the Boba Fett of Sith Lords.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by |King Joker|
People are way too tunnel-visioned in trying to make every single fight fit into their rigid versus-debate system that they ignore story contexts.
thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.