Ben Kenobi vs SoD Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
Ben Kenobi as of A New Hope vs Darth Maul as of Son of Dathomir. All-out fight, to the death.

Who wins and why?

Lord Stark
Ben might need six strikes this time http://www.narutoforums.com/styles/nf/smilies/owtumn.png

carthage
Obi wan curbs again

UCanShootMyNova
God. I can't decide whether to fully enjoy this or let depression sink in.

darthbane77
^^^Lmao

Kenobi.

Azronger
Kenobi blitzes again. But this time it only takes two moves.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
God. I can't decide whether to fully enjoy this or let depression sink in.

Relish in the fact that Maul went down in 3 blows less than it took Sidious to slaughter Fisto. laughing

Rebel95
Ben=GOAT

TenebrousWay
Too bad Obi Wan pulled his lightsaber back in the last time and didn't bisect Maul vertically. sad

chingchangwalla
Maul

Lord Stark
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Too bad Obi Wan pulled his lightsaber back in the last time and didn't bisect Maul vertically. sad

No I'm glad he didn't that way we could see Maul supplicate himself and bask in the glow of the Chosen One. laughing

Rockydonovang
TCW Kenobi has a good shot, Rots kenobi wins, ben wrecks

NTJack0
Originally posted by Azronger
Kenobi blitzes again. But this time it only takes two moves.

Miko Hacksaw
The part after their duel where Obi holds Maul had me all emotional inside. It's a HUGE deal that a lot of people overlook with "kewl efex!" lol.

Here's Obi-Wan, a man who has compassion for his slain enemy who killed his master and was a life long enemy. He cradles him while he takes his last breath and closes the eyes of his age old enemy with respect.

Blaaah. sad sad sad

MythLord
That's really out of character, though. :/

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by MythLord
Nah

MythLord
Yeh.

Darth Thor
^ Ben Kenobi's portrayal was spot on. Can't complain about that part tbh.

MythLord
Yeah, it was until he started cradling his mortal enemy.

Darth Thor
^ Remember in TCW, he did offer Maul a chance at redemption. Saying it was never his fault that he bacame a Darksider, but was down to his upbringing.

MythLord
And then Maul killed Satine, and then Obi wanted to kill him ever since. Besides, he was mostly just negotiating in the hopes that his girlfriend would survive the day.

Obi-Wan didn't even cradle Anakin, I doubt he'd cradle Maul.

Darth Thor
And then Maul killed Satine, and then Obi wanted to kill him ever since. Besides, he was mostly just negotiating in the hopes that his girlfriend would survive the day.

Obi-Wan didn't even cradle Anakin, I doubt he'd cradle Maul.

But even when Maul killed Satine, Kenobi didn't flip out like Anakin would have. He rose above that. That's who he is.

Obi-Wan probably regrets not cradling Anakin and making sure he was dead lol.

MythLord
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But even when Maul killed Satine, Kenobi didn't flip out like Anakin would have. He rose above that. That's who he is.

He's more emotionally controlled than Anakin and less driven by rage, so what else is new? Doesn't mean he'd cradle his arch nemesis that took away at least two of his loved ones directly.

Obi-Wan probably regrets not cradling Anakin and making sure he was dead lol.

He probably does.

Rockydonovang
Actually it goes along with the story and the themes they were going for very well. Kenobi won because he moved on and didn't fall for maul's use of the old tpm moves. And emotionally kenobi wasn't out for vengeance and had "risen above" his struggles while maul clung to his. Kenobi, being the quintessential Jedi went above his hatred for maul.

quanchi112
Maul wins, handily.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by quanchi112
Maul wins, handily.
laughing

Beniboybling
^ Ben Kenobi's portrayal was spot on. Can't complain about that part tbh. Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Actually it goes along with the story and the themes they were going for very well. Kenobi won because he moved on and didn't fall for maul's use of the old tpm moves. And emotionally kenobi wasn't out for vengeance and had "risen above" his struggles while maul clung to his. Kenobi, being the quintessential Jedi went above his hatred for maul. thumb upthumb up

Can't help but find it amusing when people say Kenobi demonstrating basic Jedi traits was out of character for him. As if the in-character thing to do would have been to ram his lightsaber through Maul's chest before whispering "this is for my Duchess" in his ear.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
laughing Laughing at yourself isn't healthy. Your delusions are your own quit trying to pass them onto someone else.

Rockydonovang
A more powerful and more skilled maul loses to ben, but somehow his sod version "wins handily"?

Who's delusional?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb upthumb up

Can't help but find it amusing when people say Kenobi demonstrating basic Jedi traits was out of character for him. As if the in-character thing to do would have been to ram his lightsaber through Maul's chest before whispering "this is for my Duchess" in his ear.

The Kryzes send their regards.

playa1258
Maul wins, handily. Kenobi wins, handily.

carthage
The fact this thread is still going is hilarious. Maul already got his ass kicked, its not open to discussion. Obi wan is his clear superior in skill/combative ability

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
A more powerful and more skilled maul loses to ben, but somehow his sod version "wins handily"?

Who's delusional? Maul was far past his prime as was Kenobi. The mental retardation from the dopes who believe so needs to stop. Critical thinking is beyond quite a few of you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Kenobi wins, handily. False, this Maul would hand him his ass.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
The fact this thread is still going is hilarious. Maul already got his ass kicked, its not open to discussion. Obi wan is his clear superior in skill/combative ability An older Maul. It's like saying hey Lebron James beat Michael Jordan at 50 therefore he beats him at 30. No wonder you don't socialize with anyone since your brain seems quite slow.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
The fact this thread is still going is hilarious. Maul already got his ass kicked, its not open to discussion. Obi wan is his clear superior in skill/combative ability

You're right and everyone knows it.

quanchi112
You're right and everyone knows it. He is completely wrong. Comparing an older Maul to his past prime is both insulting to the character and those with functioning brain stems.

Lord Stark
Ben Kenobi. Obi-Wan is stronger than Maul. Filoni has made this plain as day since the Clone Wars that a focused Kenobi will defeat Maul.

TCWs Kenobi>Maul
ROTS Kenobi>Maul
ANH Kenobi>Maul

No matter the brand of Maul, Kenobi mauls him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Ben Kenobi. Obi-Wan is stronger than Maul. Filoni has made this plain as day since the Clone Wars that a focused Kenobi will defeat Maul.

TCWs Kenobi>Maul
ROTS Kenobi>Maul
ANH Kenobi>Maul

No matter the brand of Maul, Kenobi mauls him. Kenobi never bested Maul in the clone wars. I suggest rewatching their fights because you're either deliberately telling fibs or you're just delsuonal.

Maul spared his life in clone wars as well. Maul in his prime defeats him, handily.

Lord Stark
Kenobi never bested Maul in the clone wars. I suggest rewatching their fights because you're either deliberately telling fibs or you're just delsuonal.

Maul spared his life in clone wars as well. Maul in his prime defeats him, handily.

laughing Filoni flat out says Kenobi defeats Maul on Floruum. Not rehashing this debate again.

quanchi112
laughing Filoni flat out says Kenobi defeats Maul on Floruum. Not rehashing this debate again. He was bfrd. That's a loss by forum standards. As per these rules Maul won. In their first duel Kenobi knew he was being angered and thrown off balance and was inferior to Maul. Quit ignoring canon showings to push your painfully obvious agenda.

Beniboybling
No matter the brand of Maul, Kenobi mauls him. http://i.imgur.com/P3Z27we.jpg

mmm

Lord Stark
He was bfrd. That's a loss by forum standards. As per these rules Maul won. In their first duel Kenobi knew he was being angered and thrown off balance and was inferior to Maul. Quit ignoring canon showings to push your painfully obvious agenda.

laughing My obvious agenda. LOL I don't care about Kenobi at all or Maul for that matter. I'm a Yoda fanboy. Its just hilarious how many times people on these boards would argue Maul was on par or superior to Kenobi. And how that has been repeatedly slapped down by the canon.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/P3Z27we.jpg

mmm

Non-canon. Next.

Beniboybling
It's Legends you dolt and this thread isn't Canon-only. eek!

quanchi112
laughing My obvious agenda. LOL I don't care about Kenobi at all or Maul for that matter. I'm a Yoda fanboy. Its just hilarious how many times people on these boards would argue Maul was on par or superior to Kenobi. And how that has been repeatedly slapped down by the canon.

Non-canon. Next. You obviously care and canon doesn't suggest that at all. You ignore the context at every turn because you've reached a conclusion and reject every shred of evidence that suggests otherwise.

Lord Stark
You obviously care and canon doesn't suggest that at all. You ignore the context at every turn because you've reached a conclusion and reject every shred of evidence that suggests otherwise.

http://i.imgur.com/8rTbjwH.gif

|King Joker|
Ben wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.