Daredevil vs. Colleen Wing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Matt has his billy clubs, no suit

Round 2: Matt has his billy clubs, suit

cdtm
Matt, with ease. It's debateable if Danny can beat Matt.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by cdtm
Matt, with ease. It's debateable if Danny can beat Matt.

Yeah, Daredevil wins here IMO.

Hard to judge between him and Danny. Both can fodderize regular Hand guys at this point, with only their leaders providing a challenge. I also rate getting the upper hand against Punisher as being more impressive than beating that military fodder that even Claire could stomp. They seem pretty close in overall skill, speed and agility. Danny has better striking power, but Matt is more durable (especially with his suit), and has a range advantage with the billy clubs.

It's kind of hilarious how people on CV are going on. Have some people claiming that Danny can beat Cap without much trouble, even if Cap has his shield. laughing

carthage
His chi feats really impress me (destroying an entire floor of Rand corp/destoryig steel doors/shattering blades defensively)and he has some crazy feats like dodging a bullet while his chi was compromised and perceiving one of those Hand elites in slow motion while communing with Lei Kun. He's probably the only human who could compete with the Super Soldiers

TheVaultDweller
He also got notably affected when that fixer thug hit him in the head with some brass knuckles, when he went to look for his arm x-rays. A solid punch from a super soldier is going to hurt him.

Also, for them supposedly being Hand "elites", they really weren't that impressive. They seemed like a cocky bunch of a-holes, who valued theatrics over discipline. Without them acting like idiots, Danny should have gone down in round 1 or 2, but the duo allowed him to get up and gain his bearings, after putting his ass on the ground, and that spider girl kept dicking around and talking, hitting him and hurting him, but then withdrawing instead of pushing the advantage. And this is further complicated by the fact that the Hand seems to be split into several factions. The "elites" of one group might not be on par with the the best of another group.

Don't get me wrong, Danny was pretty impressive overall. And his chi abilities are why I would give him a majority against DD in a fight. But he wouldn't simply walk over him. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in a brief scuffle in The Defenders, with neither gaining a distinct upper hand, before becoming friends/allies.

And I don't see him taking on guys like Cap, Bucky, T'Challa or Luke Cage, unless he goes full chi amp from the start, and tries to go for head-strike KO's while hoping none of them land hits in return. If he attacks normally first, his attacks won't hurt the super soldiers enough, and he's more likely to hurt himself than he is Luke.

random letters
I think it's basically a stomp for Daredevil.

nfactor1995
Daredevil. Better in every way (except maybe pure sword fighting)

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He also got notably affected when that fixer thug hit him in the head with some brass knuckles, when he went to look for his arm x-rays. A solid punch from a super soldier is going to hurt him.

Also, for them supposedly being Hand "elites", they really weren't that impressive. They seemed like a cocky bunch of a-holes, who valued theatrics over discipline. Without them acting like idiots, Danny should have gone down in round 1 or 2, but the duo allowed him to get up and gain his bearings, after putting his ass on the ground, and that spider girl kept dicking around and talking, hitting him and hurting him, but then withdrawing instead of pushing the advantage. And this is further complicated by the fact that the Hand seems to be split into several factions. The "elites" of one group might not be on par with the the best of another group.

Don't get me wrong, Danny was pretty impressive overall. And his chi abilities are why I would give him a majority against DD in a fight. But he wouldn't simply walk over him. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in a brief scuffle in The Defenders, with neither gaining a distinct upper hand, before becoming friends/allies.

And I don't see him taking on guys like Cap, Bucky, T'Challa or Luke Cage, unless he goes full chi amp from the start, and tries to go for head-strike KO's while hoping none of them land hits in return. If he attacks normally first, his attacks won't hurt the super soldiers enough, and he's more likely to hurt himself than he is Luke.

Yeah, but against DD I would think if Danny starts off with his ground pound he should be able to take out DD quickly.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but against DD I would think if Danny starts off with his ground pound he should be able to take out DD quickly.

Potentially, assuming that he will do that move from the get go, when he rarely resorts to chi-strikes of any kind of as an opening attack. But one could also argue that if Matt connects a solid billy club strike or two to his head, early in the fight, then DD will have the advantage.

ares834
Daredevil stomps.

Danny sucks. He was struggling with random goons. Colleen was even worse.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Daredevil wins here IMO.

Hard to judge between him and Danny. Both can fodderize regular Hand guys at this point, with only their leaders providing a challenge. I also rate getting the upper hand against Punisher as being more impressive than beating that military fodder that even Claire could stomp. They seem pretty close in overall skill, speed and agility. Danny has better striking power, but Matt is more durable (especially with his suit), and has a range advantage with the billy clubs.

It's kind of hilarious how people on CV are going on. Have some people claiming that Danny can beat Cap without much trouble, even if Cap has his shield. laughing

I'm on episode 9 of Iron Fist, and, barring a skill/power boost for Iron Fist, Matt was solidly above Danny IMO. Not a stomp for Matt in either round, but Round 1 he wins a tough battle and Round 2 he gets an easier win than Round 1. Danny makes him fight for it though in both.

My reasoning: in Iron Fist thus far, goons like brass knuckles dude in the X-Ray archives room gave Danny a run for his money. There are a few to several instances of such generic bad guys holding their own with Danny, whereas by Season 2's end of Daredevil, Matt was pretty much dispatching fodder with no problems. Also, I agree that stalemating someone like The Punisher, who will shoot you in the midst of a fistfight, tank back-breaking metal vent falls on rooftops, and fight out of gang fodder-filled dungeons and prisons with a hole drilled through his left foot is more impressive than the Hand's "elite", who DD would have ultimately beat down way easier than Danny due to his enhanced senses and superior skill.

P.S.: Addressing the Comic Vine comment, The College Professor/Colonel Sanders from The Waterboy said it best: "Momma's WRONG AGAIN!" Captain crushes Danny like Batroc.

EDIT: Just now read this was COLLEEN vs DD. Same as above, only it is a stomp for DD against her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.