Physical Standards in a Relationship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
I've been thinking about relationships and whether or not I'd be willing to get into one with someone who I don't really find attractive. This subject brought itself up to me because my friend is trying to hook me up with a guy who I think is probably a 5/10, but he could be really awesome, so I don't think I want to deny the opportunity of a relationship because the guy doesn't fit my standards. I'm curious on your opinions, so POST BELOW AND VOTE.

Emperordmb
I'd say quite important. It's not "extremely" important because I put a lot of emphasis on personality as well, but it's not a minor thing either because sexual attraction is a very important part of these types of relationships.

SunRazer
Somewhat important. Personality and compatibility are more important, but I can't imagine a lasting relationship if you're completely put off by their appearance.

Flyattractor
Wang em bang em and lang em I always say.

Genesis-Soldier
looks fade

personality rarely changes

you dont have to rush anything mate

Scribble
I dunno, if he has specific standards then he might end up resenting being in the relationship due to his looks even if he likes the guy. You could always just try going on a date and seeing what he's like, maybe his personality is unbelievably awesome or something, in which case it might be worth having a shot at it, but otherwise I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone I didn't find attractive (regardless of their personality) because I know that if the relationship soured, I'd probably end up being more cruel in dumping them than would be necessary due to me resenting their looks and the fact that I ever had to be seen in public with them.

I don't know what you can glean from that Joker, but there might be something awehuhs

riv6672
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd say quite important. It's not "extremely" important because I put a lot of emphasis on personality as well, but it's not a minor thing either because sexual attraction is a very important part of these types of relationships.
This seems like me.

MythLord
Somewhat important. Though I value a sense of humour, personality and intelligence over physical appearance, good looks certainly help the relationship and "falling in love" process.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wang em bang em and lang em I always say.

Kurk
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Kurk
I mean it's a bonus if they're attractive; but I'd never date a fat slob for example. I voted for "quite important".

Thinking long-term we all turn ugly in the end so why bother really; I look for personality first, and if they're good looking I might go for it.

I don't really care for such these matters though so meh

Emperordmb
Originally posted by MythLord
Somewhat important. Though I value a sense of humour, personality and intelligence over physical appearance, good looks certainly help the relationship and "falling in love" process.
Good looks like a cat face?

Surtur
Lol dude..a 5/10? Not sure what the problem is. There is a difference between not finding someone super attractive and..finding them utterly gross.

People in life rarely date a "10" on the attractiveness scale. If a person is decent looking(a 5 is decent) then if your personalities match your attraction will increase based on that.

If the guy was like a 1 or a 2 out of 10 that would be different, but a 5? Meh.

Scribble
Originally posted by Surtur
If a person is decent looking(a 5 is decent) then if your personalities match your attraction will increase based on that. That's actually a fair point. I've found people unattractive before, but then after getting to know them and finding out they're actually pretty cool, have started finding them more attractive. I guess personality does actually go quite a long way. As long as the person isn't a hideous ****ing C.H.U.D. it can probably be worked around just fine.

Surtur
Here is the harsh truth: 75% of people will have to settle for someone less attractive then they would have preferred.

socool8520
Well, it is important. I think you might be less likely to stray if you are sexually attracted to your significant other. For me though, if the potential significant other is really awesome personality wise, they will become more attractive to me. Maybe it will work for you.

|King Joker|
Lol dude..a 5/10? Not sure what the problem is. There is a difference between not finding someone super attractive and..finding them utterly gross.

People in life rarely date a "10" on the attractiveness scale. If a person is decent looking(a 5 is decent) then if your personalities match your attraction will increase based on that.

If the guy was like a 1 or a 2 out of 10 that would be different, but a 5? Meh. He's more like a 4 in all honesty but you're right, yeah. My friend says we have similar personalities and stuff so I at least want to talk to him.

Surtur
Originally posted by |King Joker|
He's more like a 4 in all honesty but you're right, yeah. My friend says we have similar personalities and stuff so I at least want to talk to him.

Okay, but if he asks you he is at least a 7. That is what I do with chicks, I always rate them 3 numbers above what they really are.

Coincidentally I have been with a lot of 4's.

|King Joker|
Okay, but if he asks you he is at least a 7. That is what I do with chicks, I always rate them 3 numbers above what they really are.

Coincidentally I have been with a lot of 4's. LMFAO. I'll remember that.

TenebrousWay
People with interesting personalities and particularly compatible with my own are all desirable sexual material to me, unless they're somehow totally ugly that hurts the eye. As others have stated in the thread, if you like someone, it's impossible to distinguish attractiveness from being purely physical or psychological; the latter enhances the former.

Nuke Nixon
I vote Quite important, but then I'm a shallow d-ck... so I've been told.

NemeBro
Extremely important. I will settle for nothing less than perfection, while ignoring my own glaring physical faults and expecting prospective partners to ignore them as well.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NemeBro
Extremely important. I will settle for nothing less than perfection, while ignoring my own glaring physical faults and expecting prospective partners to ignore them as well. thumb up smile

Genesis-Soldier
how are things going so far ?

riv6672
Originally posted by NemeBro
Extremely important. I will settle for nothing less than perfection, while ignoring my own glaring physical faults and expecting prospective partners to ignore them as well.
No i will not make out with you.

Nuke Nixon
Bet that guy is a pro at slipping chicks a mickey.

riv6672
Mickey Mouse sized penis!!!! eek! wink

Nuke Nixon
Harvest mice have a wang half the size of their bodies.

!!

riv6672
Urs but they have tiny bodies!

Nuke Nixon
Put in human terms, your dick would be the size of your entire leg. A third leg if you will.

riv6672
There aint nothing human about THOSE terms! eek!

Nuke Nixon
https://i.giphy.com/l41lGEvEdmsuQdo2c.gif

In a jar...

Darth Truculent
The majority of men will never have an extremely attractive mate. Basically you have to have a shitload of money or famous to have a smoking hot partner like Tina Guo (https://youtu.be/hJc9Fko0mf4). Ever hear the phrase "no ugly people on TV"?

My ex was decent looking, but had a killer personality, gorgeous legs and beautiful smile. But I don't like to talk about why broke up after 5 years. Just make sure you two are in a relationship for the right reasons. Not just for awesome sex or having a trophy, but reasons only known to you.

Nuke Nixon
Why is it just the men that won't have the hottest chicks?

Don't some chicks have to settle on a plain dude...?

Because mine did. Lots of chicks that are smoking hot are going out with dudes clearly out of their league.

riv6672
Quite & Somewhat, 2 way tie!

Nuke Nixon
http://68.media.tumblr.com/43c41c38efe2c08d280701d2c1bc2920/tumblr_inline_o8exw9IIcJ1qafrh6_500.gif

riv6672
What movie is that???

Nuke Nixon
I know that's Jamie Foxx, but I don't know who the other guy is and that makes it difficult to determine what movie, I got that gif at random and wasn't paying much attention where, I just save URLs with a brief description for reaction gifs.

Kharhmah
actually, i think thats Damon Wayans Jr.

Kharhmah
by the looks of it its this, as far as i know...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587678/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_33

riv6672
Thanks, guys.

I knew that wasnt Jamie Foxx, i dislike that guy enough to know which movies to avoid for the most part!

Genesis-Soldier
hope things are well joker <3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.