Make the favorite lose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
As in all fights, we all have a character that we think would win the confrontations.

The challenge in this thread is to describe the fight and have the OPPOSITE character win.

Make it plausible and respectful to the winner. Try as much as you can not to have external influences - make it under their own power. Don't try to insert stupidities or excuses into the fights .

Aquaman vs Thor
Martian Manhunter vs Thanos
Wonder Woman vs Iron Man
Black Adam vs Silver Surfer
Captain Marvel vs Hulk
Hal vs Juggernaut
Darkseid vs Thanos
Superman vs Sentry

State who you think would win beforehand, then have him lose.

-Pr-
Because I can't quote Philo (which is totally his fault), I'll just type. The only one I'll touch right now is Thor v Aquaman.

They go h2h at the start, the trident being able to block Mjolnir for the most part but when blows do land, Aquaman gets hit harder than he can hit back. It looks like Thor is going to win, until Aquaman calls on something like a Draugen, a Hydra or a Kraken, but they'd be monstrous and godly. Like, full on, this is what used to kill Norse warriors godly.

Then Aquaman stabs him in the chest because reasons.

CosmicComet
Can't I do Thor vs Hulk?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
Because I can't quote Philo (which is totally his fault), I'll just type. The only one I'll touch right now is Thor v Aquaman.

They go h2h at the start, the trident being able to block Mjolnir for the most part but when blows do land, Aquaman gets hit harder than he can hit back. It looks like Thor is going to win, until Aquaman calls on something like a Draugen, a Hydra or a Kraken, but they'd be monstrous and godly. Like, full on, this is what used to kill Norse warriors godly.

Then Aquaman stabs him in the chest because reasons.
Wow! Almost went down the same way it went down in my head. Except I had Artie getting a stab in then Thor gets blindsided by one of Artie's creatures. Full on plunge on the Odinson after it leaps a few hundred feet from the water.

Philosophía
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Can't I do Thor vs Hulk? Of course.

I just typed some fights that came into my head.

TethAdamTheRock
Hal vs Juggernaut

Hal creates some type of construct that blocks juggernaut from his powers

Darkseid vs Thanos

Thanos summons death to kill Darksied

Superman vs Sentry

Superman convinces sentry to commit suicide

-Pr-
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wow! Almost went down the same way it went down in my head. Except I had Artie getting a stab in then Thor gets blindsided by one of Artie's creatures. Full on plunge on the Odinson after it leaps a few hundred feet from the water.

thumb up

I'm a big fan of the idea that Aquaman should be able to call on anything that lives underwater, no matter how powerful or old. Barring maybe Cthulu, everything else should be fair game. Including shit that used to fight actual gods.

riv6672
Thanos' cowl happens to have the ability to block TP, but only from other dimesional sources, so he manages to beat MM 2/10.

golem370
Beast vs Batman- Beast is out in Gotham and in a specially made suit he still scares people which attracts Batman, Batman uses his batarang and rope to ensnare Hank but not known to Bats is that Hank is just playing at being wrapped up. Batman comes in a little says "What is your purpose here" but Hank stays quite.

Batman gets alittle closer and in seconds Hank beaks the rope and grabs Batman by the back of the neck like a kitten, and says "Ever heard innocent until proven guilty"? Batman reaches for his belt but Beast snatches it and tosses it on the ground. They then have a rational conversation and go hang out.

CosmicComet
Here's my stab at some lame ass fan-fiction. haermm

A red caped Warrior is sent flying from Staten Island to the Bronx, by a monstrous green fist.

The warrior gathers herself, a light bit of blood on her lip. But none worse for the wear otherwise.

Her opponent is the Hulk. The most notable rival of the mantle of Thor that she now bears.

The Hulk is confident, but also relaxed. He recalls his rivalry with the previous Thor, a rivalry which dwindled to little more than nostalgia, as a gap as large as a valley formed between them while Hulk amassed power over the years.

This new Thor was different, just as strong as the last, but significantly faster, enough to annoy the Hulk. And quite vicious. Not prone to boastful and sanctimonious speeches in the middle of fighting.

But it matters not. As the 9th sages of carving have foretold, Hulk is Hulk. And forever will be Hulk. But he remains hesitant to end this fight; the Hulk's soft spot for women is well documented in his history.

He runs and tackles Thor, jumping from New York all the way to an uninhabited island near Greenland. No one will be hurt here. They make a huge crater in the snow and granite, as Hulk stands and extends a hand, signaling for her to yield.

Instead she swings with her full might, smacking Hulk square in the jaw with Mjolnir, as her momentum from the swing allows her to roll away to safety. Hulk is now angered. Green blood clenched in his teeth. Thor appears to charge up Mjolnir, and motions to Hulk, baiting him.

Hulk's patience is worn thin by the taunt. His anger surges, and his concerns about the fight were already nonexistent. What could Thor do? A Godblast would take too long, a quick thunderclap would easily counter it and put things back at square one. A soul steal? Would also take too long on a being as fortified as he is. Hulk charges straight ahead with full fury, and just before he reaches her, Thor slams the ground making a portal that Hulk runs right through.

She hastily closes it, and Hulk finds himself floating in the negative zone. Hulk found out something else about this new Thor; She wasn't a prideful fool.

Philosophía
Bump.

Damn this forum is lazy as ****.

I also like CosmicComet's story, lol.

CosmicComet
At least someone appreciated it. Lol

Bentley
Darkseid vs Thanos

Darkseid is dying and wants to have a Young succesor that could replace him as the ruler of Apokolipse. He's weakened but still dominates Thanos in a physical fight, but the battle is not one-sided. He then proposes a wager: a full on war between them over their rights to rule both universes. Thanos goes the hard route and instead of rallyng an army of heroes he manages to do the impossible and make the people of Apokolipse rebel against their master which both helps Thanos get a strategical advantage and Darkseid's army is effectively weakened.

Thanos finally faces his foe and manages to fatally wounds Darkseid, who reveals that he will be getting the thing Thanos desired (Death) but that in return Thanos gets to rule Apokolipse and get so much more, desire further than Thanos ever dared in the past.

riv6672
I thought it was a goid idea. I'm not much for writing the fan ficcy stuff, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.