Rebels Ahsoka and Rebels Kenobi vs Rebels Maul and Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
Which sub vader duo prevails?

Geistalt
Team 1.

Ahsoka handles Maul while Kenobi goes unchoked (and unbeaten) by Tyranus.

carthage
Kenobi isn't sub Vader, he's equal to him in skill.

It totally depends on who wins between Fodder and Ahsoka, Kenobi can hold his own against Count. Given Kenobi's style is all about defense and he would recognize the Count due to previous encounters, its kind of open to interpretation if he could on the fly develop a counter to him like he did similarly to Maul.

Geistalt
Plus: Makashi doesn't have its advantage against other lightsaber styles in Canon.

Nor Soresu its weakness.

Azronger
Maul gets blitzed and Dooku solos

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by carthage
Kenobi isn't sub Vader, he's equal to him in skill.

It totally depends on who wins between Fodder and Ahsoka, Kenobi can hold his own against Count. Given Kenobi's style is all about defense and he would recognize the Count due to previous encounters, its kind of open to interpretation if he could on the fly develop a counter to him like he did similarly to Maul.
He's sub Vader overall though

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Azronger
Maul gets blitzed and Dooku solos
Dooku solos two challengers to prime Vader?

Emperordmb
Team one. If Ahsoka put up a fight against Vader she can certainly hold off Dooku, and we all know how Rebels Kenobi vs Rebels Maul goes.

Azronger
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Dooku solos two challengers to prime Vader?

RotJ Vader is prime Vader. Rebels Vader has nothing on Dooku in terms of dueling abilities.

And Ahsoka and Kenobi will still be ragdolled by Dooku.

Darth Thor
RotJ Vader is prime Vader.

Not in Canon.

Azronger
Who said this was Canon?

Lord Stark
Probably Team 2. Dooku's force powers give them the advantage.

DarthAnt66
Who said this was Canon?
The title of the thread?

Geistalt
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Team one. If Ahsoka put up a fight against Vader she can certainly hold off Dooku, and we all know how Rebels Kenobi vs Rebels Maul goes. ^

Canon Tyranus just doesn't have the showings to place him > Rebels Vader.

Kurk
Tano hasn't shown any defensive force abilities; certainly none to protect her from Tyranus who has molested Ventress in both canon and legends.

Maul and Kenobi would drag out longer than Dooku vs Tano as I personally believe the Rebels "fight" to be more symbolic than an accurate showing of skill.

quanchi112
Team Maul wins.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Team one. If Ahsoka put up a fight against Vader she can certainly hold off Dooku, and we all know how Rebels Kenobi vs Rebels Maul goes.

NTJack0
Maul gets stomped, then Dooku loses hard.

Lord Stark
I just don't see it. Rebels Ahsoka and Rebels Kenobi are not powerful enough to overwhelm even Dooku alone who has repeatedly shown competence to deal with superior duos.

carthage
Totally depends on who gets who

Dooku can remove Ahsoka via the force, and Kenobi can blitz and stomp Maul

chingchangwalla
Dooku solos with difficulty

SunRazer
Maul gets crumpled like a B1 Battle droid by Obi-Wan whilst Dooku ragdolls Ahsoka to oblivion and back, then back to oblivion and beyond.

Then we have a nice duel of the elderly gentlemen in which Tyranus prevails after a hard-fought battle.

smile

carthage
mmm

He could win through the force, not sure he could take pure sabers.

Maul needs to sit this one out, he's clearly shit tier and not on par with the greats

Beniboybling
Team 1. Dooku's ability to ragdoll isn't going to be of much use here. And in sabres they are outmatched. sad

DarthAnt66
Not sure. I don't see Ahsoka or Maul making much of a difference here though.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The title of the thread?

It could be composite or Canon. Given that there's no specification and we're in the EU forum, I'm going composite.

Darth Thor
It could be composite or Canon. Given that there's no specification and we're in the EU forum, I'm going composite.

EU stands for "Expanded Universe", defined as anything outside of the films. It does not stand for Legends.

"Canon" is the assumed default anyway.

Also even if it was "composite" why would that give Legends priority over when Vader's prime is?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
EU stands for "Expanded Universe", defined as anything outside of the films. It does not stand for Legends.

"Canon" is the assumed default anyway.

Also even if it was "composite" why would that give Legends priority over when Vader's prime is?

But if we go use Canon over everything that Legends tell us, then what's the point of using Legends to begin with? This would kind of make the whole "Composite" thing kinda moot wouldn't it?

Azronger
Originally posted by Darth Thor

It's the same damned thing, lol.

Yeah, by you.

Because the Canon quote is ambiguous and can be interpreted in a multitude of ways, whereas the Legends quote is straightforward.

Also, if we take it to mean that Rebels is Vader's prime as a Force user, it would contradict what he displays in the comics:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111220339/4628388-tears+apart+a+at-at.png

He has to exert far more effort into merely lifting an AT-ST in Rebels, whereas around ANH he can tear apart an AT-AT with seemingly little effort.

Kurk
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Team 1. Dooku's ability to ragdoll isn't going to be of much use here. And in sabres they are outmatched. sad Tano dies unless you can provide a solid argument as to how she is significantly above Ventress in the force and has demonstrated feats which would prevent this from happening.

https://media.giphy.com/media/LkKoGCZMAFVN6/giphy.gif

Azronger
Originally posted by Kurk
Tano dies unless you can provide a solid argument as to how she is significantly above Ventress in the force and has demonstrated feats which would prevent this from happening.

thumb up

Beniboybling
Tano dies unless you can provide a solid argument as to how she is significantly above Ventress in the force and has demonstrated feats which would prevent this from happening.

https://media.giphy.com/media/LkKoGCZMAFVN6/giphy.gif Not getting steamrolled by Vader, on a dark side nexus. erm

Azronger
Not getting steamrolled by Vader, on a dark side nexus. erm

Um, Vader kinda knocked out with one push. Sure she fell off a ledge but that honestly shouldn't incapacitate any Force user aside from fodder-tier.

And how well does Vader at that point compare to Dooku?

Geistalt
Probably tougher to beat, considering he was on a nexus.

And doubtlessly Sidious' favorite apprentice.

He gave everyone a beating except Ahsoka, who was kind of familiar with him.

Maybe she chose to rely on that wisdom instead of power, though. That's honestly the best explanation I have for any of what happened in that episode.

Darth Thor
It's the same damned thing, lol.

How exactly do the letters "E" and "U" stand for Legends?

I've already given you the definition of Expanded Universe which is in the forum rules.

Yeah, by you.

You've been on these boards long enough to check the forum default rules.

Stop accusing me of making stuff up just because you're too lazy to check for yourself.

MythLord
Didn't Filoni say Ahsoka had some form advantage over Vader or some sh!t?

Darth Thor

Also, if we take it to mean that Rebels is Vader's prime as a Force user, it would contradict what he displays in the comics:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111220339/4628388-tears+apart+a+at-at.png

He has to exert far more effort into merely lifting an AT-ST in Rebels, whereas around ANH he can tear apart an AT-AT with seemingly little effort.

Inconsistencies in different mediums is normal in SW.

You being more of a Legend fan should be used to that.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by MythLord

Just that she knows him well so knows how to fight him. He mentioned that once before the fight, but never again after the fight aired.

But hey, what happened to "they're both pros and know each other's moves so it's only realistic to make it a 2 second fight", when it came to Ahsoka vs Vader??

Beniboybling
Um, Vader kinda knocked out with one push. Sure she fell off a ledge but that honestly shouldn't incapacitate any Force user aside from fodder-tier.sick

No fodder would even last against Vader in an 1:40 engagement, on a dark side nexus, having just fought Maul for two minutes before hand, let alone retained the stamina to fully cushion themselves against a drop of several dozen feet, after having being Force pushed by an AT-AT crushing Force wielder. And neither would Ventress. no expression

Vader would put Dooku in a blender. smile

Beniboybling
Didn't Filoni say Ahsoka had some form advantage over Vader or some sh!t? Kinda debunked by the part where Vader leads Ahsoka to believe that he is not Anakin, and that Anakin is dead.

On the other hand, Vader knows Ahsoka inside and out.

MythLord
Fairly certain she knew it was still Anakin, but just with a different, evil identity.

Beniboybling
AHSOKA: I was beginning to believe I knew who you were behind that mask, but it's impossible. My master could never be as vile as you.
VADER: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.
AHSOKA: Then I will avenge his death.

Nope, no.

Azronger
sick

No fodder would even last against Vader in an 1:40 engagement, on a dark side nexus, having just fought Maul for two minutes before hand, let alone retained the stamina to fully cushion themselves against a drop of several dozen feet, after having being Force pushed by an AT-AT crushing Force wielder. And neither would Ventress. no expression

Half of those things have nothing to do with power erm

According to what feats?

DarthAnt66
Ahsoka is a tier 7, not an 8.

Geistalt
If you say so.

Guess TCW Maul/Kenobi > Rebels Vader.

Trocity
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Dooku solos

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Yikes

TenebrousWay
Kenobi solos the other 3.

DarthAnt66
Fairly certain she knew it was still Anakin, but just with a different, evil identity.
Dave clarifies she knew but didn't refused to believe it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Kenobi solos the other 3.

Beniboybling
Half of those things have nothing to do with power ermI can only take a clueless statement like that to be a concession. no expression

Tanking the explosion of a Sith super weapon, for starters.

MythLord
AHSOKA: I was beginning to believe I knew who you were behind that mask, but it's impossible. My master could never be as vile as you.
VADER: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.
AHSOKA: Then I will avenge his death.

Nope, no.

This is obviously in a much more philosophical and metaphorical sense; same as Obi saying Vader killing Anakin was true "from a certain point of view". I mean... she saw the goddamn vision of Anakin becoming Vader; Tano's either in some serious denial or she knows, but doesn't wanna admit it out loud.

Beniboybling
For Vader, for Ahsoka she believed him. That's very obvious from her reaction. And she says from the beginning that she thinks him being Anakin is impossible, lel, a hallucination she had isn't exactly the most concrete of proof to the contrary. laughing out loud

Moreover, the attitude she takes when she realises it is in fact Anakin, is entirely different to before.

MythLord
Wouldn't that technically mean Ahsoka is going all-out? Good, goood. smile

Beniboybling
She tried to cut his head off, that was never in doubt. smile

DarthAnt66
This is obviously in a much more philosophical and metaphorical sense; same as Obi saying Vader killing Anakin was true "from a certain point of view". I mean... she saw the goddamn vision of Anakin becoming Vader; Tano's either in some serious denial or she knows, but doesn't wanna admit it out loud.
Tano knows, yeah. She doesn't want to admit it though.

|King Joker|
For Vader, for Ahsoka she believed him. That's very obvious from her reaction. And she says from the beginning that she thinks him being Anakin is impossible, lel, a hallucination she had isn't exactly the most concrete of proof to the contrary. laughing out loud

Moreover, the attitude she takes when she realises it is in fact Anakin, is entirely different to before. thumb up Contrast her attitude before the fight started and then her reaction after the fight ended when he called out to her, and it's clear that she at least wasn't really consciously accepting of the fact until the end -- either that or she just didn't think it was Anakin, flat-out. I doubt she would've tried to behead him if she was like "yeah, that's totally Anakin."

Beniboybling
Consciously she thought it wasn't Anakin, yeah, which is all that really matters.

|King Joker|
Also, it's pretty hilarious how everyone wants to point out how Ahsoka supposedly had an advantage over Vader because she was his apprentice and knew his form, but they conveniently ignore the fact Vader was the person who actually trained her to fight and would therefore at the very least cancel her "advantage" out. And you gotta love how the same people who mention Ahsoka knowing Vader's form as a means of discrediting her feat are the same people who routinely deepthroat Kenobi's performance against Vader on Mustafar, despite that fight being a much more extreme example of form familiarity playing a role in combat.

Beniboybling
An ignore similar circumstances regarding Kenobi vs Maul. smile

chingchangwalla

Lol. Ventress got destroyed

Kurk
So then I guess this is the outcome of the fight?

https://youtu.be/sWGDqQDKHDU?t=6m4s

Rockydonovang
and vader trained ahsoka, so it cancels out.

Rockydonovang
also using vader sending kenobi off a cliff as rationale for dooku being able to ragdoll her is incredibly laughable.

As is trying to claim that kenobi's victory vs maul was via a massive gap between the two.

Kinda like taking the starwars.com quote implying maul>ahsoka and then dismissing feloni's implication of the opposite that comes after.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.