Dr. Octopus Vs Hellboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d1/51/07/d15107abb9bb82b09937cc18ac598405.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4e/df/75/4edf75be16d835434cac272491d8fb51.jpg

Flyattractor
I am not sure even Hellboy is brave enough to fight a Shirtless Doc Ock.....

carver9
Neat match. Hell boy shoots him in the face.

h1a8
Doc Ock can shield himself from bullets with a single tentacle and assault Hellboy with the others.

Flyattractor
That is why you fire lots of them at once and fire really big ones so they can go thru things. Like Metal Arms.

h1a8
Doc Ock arms durability >>>>>>> Hell boy bullets.
Doc Ock can attack and defend simultaneously. He can also attack BEFORE Hellboy can get a shot off, assuming Hellboy is within reach.

Flyattractor
I don't recall the Thread Stips saying the Arms were made of any thing SUPER Durability-ish and it does just point out how much you don't know about bullets.

riv6672
Thanks, Carver and H1a8, for the responses. thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I don't recall the Thread Stips saying the Arms were made of any thing SUPER Durability-ish and it does just point out how much you don't know about bullets.

They are made of carbonanium. Far stronger than steel. Even 1inch steel is highly bulletproof. At best, Hellboys bullets will damage or scar the tentacles but not go completely through. Doc Ock has kept faster characters like Spidey on the defensive.

Mindship
Is Doc more powerful than Rasputin's Behemoth? Yes, I know, it took Hellboy using grenades from the inside to kill it, but the Behemoth was tossing Hellboy around pretty good. It then swallowed him, wherein Hellboy survived not only that, but those grenade explosions (in a confined space yet).

Hellboy always struck me as having durability well beyond his strength level, and if he can't get close enough to sock Doc in the face, then I see a stalemate here.

riv6672
^^^I always pictures jis strength as greater than his durability, in that he's apt to bleed more easily?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by h1a8
They are made of carbonanium. Far stronger than steel. Even 1inch steel is highly bulletproof. At best, Hellboys bullets will damage or scar the tentacles but not go completely through. Doc Ock has kept faster characters like Spidey on the defensive.

Yeah not buying that fanboy rationalizing bs, but nice try. Because if you use that I can just say that HB is using Special Anti Magic High Tech Bullets.

So There!

TethAdamTheRock
Dr. Oct Stomps Imo

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^I always pictures jis strength as greater than his durability, in that he's apt to bleed more easily? Then maybe "damage soak" would be better. HB takes the lickin' ("That's gonna hurt in the mornin'"wink and keeps on tickin'.

riv6672
^^^okay, yes, damage soak's a good way to put it! thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah not buying that fanboy rationalizing bs, but nice try. Because if you use that I can just say that HB is using Special Anti Magic High Tech Bullets.

So There!

Do you know that 1inch steel is super bulletproof? Even a 50cal can't penetrate it.

AtopxCjs518

Not only is his tentacles thicker than 1inch but they are made of carbonanium (a lot stronger than steel). The only thing stronger is secondary adamantium.
So if you have feats of HB bullets penetrating carbonanium or a stronger material then you have no basis for saying his bullets can penetrate the tentacles.

DarkSaint85
Doc Ock can shield himself from bullets with a single tentacle and assault Hellboy with the others.

And grenades? By that I don't mean swat them out of the air, but can they help him tank a massive explosion?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And grenades? By that I don't mean swat them out of the air, but can they help him tank a massive explosion? No they can't. That's why he would either swat them away or just attack and grab HB before he could pull one out, activate it, and throw it.

staxamillion
wait... so hellboy got ate up and then detonated grenades while still inside? I think HB might can take this on durability.

DarkSaint85
No they can't. That's why he would either swat them away or just attack and grab HB before he could pull one out, activate it, and throw it.

Over 500m? I don't see that happening.

Over that distance, though, I can see HB pulling his gun out and attempting to shoot, only for the bullets to be swatted away.

Then, the grenade.

Flyattractor
Do you know that 1inch steel is super bulletproof? Even a 50cal can't penetrate it.

AtopxCjs518

Not only is his tentacles thicker than 1inch but they are made of carbonanium (a lot stronger than steel). The only thing stronger is secondary adamantium.
So if you have feats of HB bullets penetrating carbonanium or a stronger material then you have no basis for saying his bullets can penetrate the tentacles.

That is all just comic book crap. If Doc gets to use Comic Book Science in his tents then HB can use Comic Book Science with his gun.

So everything you use can be invalidated by something else.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And grenades? By that I don't mean swat them out of the air, but can they help him tank a massive explosion?
If he can swat them out of the air why would he need to tank them?

And i'm pretty sure he could swat them. He can catch Spidey, he can swat a grenade.

DarkSaint85
Oh, no doubt he can swat them.

It's whether HB would throw them ineffectually, or get close and detonate. Suicide bombing, if you will. If he can swat bullets out of the air, and HB can SEE him swatting them, would HB try throwing grenades?

He's fireproof, Ock isn't.

riv6672
Is suicide bombing something he does, or something you're making up to make a point?
Just asking.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindship
Is Doc more powerful than Rasputin's Behemoth? Yes, I know, it took Hellboy using grenades from the inside to kill it, but the Behemoth was tossing Hellboy around pretty good. It then swallowed him, wherein Hellboy survived not only that, but those grenade explosions (in a confined space yet).

Also:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Ironboy/hellboy/Hellboy-SeedofDestruction-091.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Ironboy/hellboy/Hellboy-SeedofDestruction-092.jpg

Tentacles, choking HB....so he gets close, and shoves a grenade down his friend's throat.

riv6672
^^^nice! eek!

Vanguard
That is a great pic of Hellboy in the OP's post.

riv6672
I know, only the best for you...thumb up

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672
I know, only the best for you...thumb up

Oh sorry. I didn't even recognize it was you. LOL

Thanks

riv6672
^^^I'm undercover...sssshhhh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.