Yoda VS Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3MTSjJzXM

Thoughts?

Trocity
http://static.tumblr.com/0zx49bw/hRYlxiw4f/brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

Rockydonovang
Yoda's too direct

DarthAnt66
wtf

Rockydonovang

chingchangwalla
YOU'RE FAKE NOOS

MythLord
Absolute horsesh!t.

cs_zoltan
Reading the comments under that video made me lose hope in humanity. I'd kill myself, but MEA launches in 2 days so nah.

chingchangwalla
I think Evan is trolling, honestly. He's gotten worse and worse, so bad that it has to be a joke. Kenobi > Plagueis now this. Absolute filth

Azronger
laughing out loud

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yoda stomps.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
the comments under that video

*Ignites saber

I'm going in

TheMuser
GL m8, your going to be eaten alive.

TheNuisanceBird
Evan still seems to stand by that Katarn is equal to Dooku in the Force.

Fated Xtasy
Go **** yourself Evan.

laughing out loud

Petrus
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Reading the comments under that video made me lose hope in humanity. I'd kill myself, but MEA launches in 2 days so nah.

thumb up

Also, that Brendan Fraser clap has got to be the most awkward clap of all time.

Beniboybling
What was the verdict? smile

Petrus
That you're bi. smile

Beniboybling
https://imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1459051223.png

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Petrus
thumb up

Also, that Brendan Fraser clap has got to be the most awkward clap of all time. https://media.giphy.com/media/3o84U6E7YQLb1w7StW/giphy.gif

Emperordmb
http://i.gyazo.com/3fe37a2d14d4c4c07fbfface097e65e4.gif

samappo
He is a joke (Plagueis loses to Kenobia rofl) but his verdict is correct overall. Yoda would beat Katarn.

chilled monkey
What the heck are you whingebags complaining about? It was a great analysis of both characters. Plus it had a logical outcome and sound reasoning behind it.

So again, what exactly are you complaining about?

samappo
Mostly his other videos where he thinks Kenobi > Plagueis ....

Trocity
Originally posted by chilled monkey
What the heck are you whingebags complaining about? It was a great analysis of both characters. Plus it had a logical outcome and sound reasoning behind it.

So again, what exactly are you complaining about?

I knew it was only a matter of time before you slithered into this thread to white knight this abomination.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Trocity
I knew it was only a matter of time before you slithered into this thread to white knight this abomination.

And I knew you wouldn't be able to provide a real answer or defend your position.

Again, what exactly are you complaining about? What specifically makes this video an "abomination?" What aspects of the analyses do you take issue with?

Are you saying you disagree with the outcome or his reasoning behind it? If so, I'd REALLY like to know why.

Mostly his other videos where he thinks Kenobi > Plagueis ...

So what if he made one video that was dubious? It's dumb to completely ignore/dismiss EVERYTHING a person does just because of one bad call, especially when most of his other videos are absolute genius.

How would you feel if you made a movie that was a flop and then made another one but no-one even watched it or gave it a chance?

Judge a work by its own merits, not based on what came before it.

Trocity
My position doesn't need defending. The fact that the video exists at all is evidence towards Evan's insanity. The fact that you adore these videos is proof of yours.

samappo
So what if he made one video that was dubious? It's dumb to completely ignore/dismiss EVERYTHING a person does just because of one bad call, especially when most of his other videos are absolute genius.

How would you feel if you made a movie that was a flop and then made another one but no-one even watched it or gave it a chance?

Because the answer is such a joke. The fact that he fails to see how Plagueis would simply ragdoll Kenobi blows my mind, considering all the videos he's made all those forcecasts or whatever he's in where he talks about Star Wars.

Sidious could ragdoll Maul but Plagueis couldn't ragdoll Kenobi? How does that make sense, considering TPM Plagueis was roughly equal in power to Sidious during RotS?

It's so sad that he spends 40 minutes seriously evaluating a ragdoll procedure.

Emperordmb
And I knew you wouldn't be able to provide a real answer or defend your position.

Again, what exactly are you complaining about? What specifically makes this video an "abomination?" What aspects of the analyses do you take issue with?

Are you saying you disagree with the outcome or his reasoning behind it? If so, I'd REALLY like to know why.
Because the Forcecast doesn't even remotely understand power scaling (for example Jensaarai1 thinks Zannah beats Yoda and Vader but Zannah also somehow loses to Tholme, and Evannova thinks Bultar Swan and Darth Maul are on a similar level), and because they ignore actual evidence when it doesn't fit with their interpretations (such as them ignoring numerous statements on Sidious's skill level because they believe he's completely unskilled, or Evannova claiming that Bane is a "painfully predictable textbook duelist" when the evidence in the novels shows him as unpredictable and he's considered to have "moved beyond forms and sequences" in the first book).

It's not a single video though, it's a consistent trend. Bane vs Hoth, Bane vs Shaak, Kenobi vs Plagueis, and now this... and these are his more recent videos as well.

DarthAnt66
Dude, they haven't produced one good video in their entire careers, lmfao.

Just take the L already.

samappo
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Because the Forcecast doesn't even remotely understand power scaling (for example Jensaarai1 thinks Zannah beats Yoda and Vader but Zannah also somehow loses to Tholme, and Evannova thinks Bultar Swan and Darth Maul are on a similar level), and because they ignore actual evidence when it doesn't fit with their interpretations (such as them ignoring numerous statements on Sidious's skill level because they believe he's completely unskilled, or Evannova claiming that Bane is a "painfully predictable textbook duelist" when the evidence in the novels shows him as unpredictable and he's considered to have "moved beyond forms and sequences" in the first book).

To think I actually believed them as well. There are so many canon statements proving Sidious to be a master duelist and *the greatest* duelist depicted in the movies. He outright beats Yoda in lightsaber combat according to canon. A lot of these statements are by Nick Gillard, and for some reason those guys on Forcecast seem to completely ignore Gillard and use evidence to support their own theories.

Yeah Bane is a painfully predictable duelist, but hast learnt Form VII? Makes sense.

It's not a single video though, it's a consistent trend. Bane vs Hoth, Bane vs Shaak, Kenobi vs Plagueis, and now this... and these are his more recent videos as well.

Wait don't tell me he said Shaak beats Bane?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by samappo
Wait don't tell me he said Shaak beats Bane?
Nah but he basically said Bane barely wins, and that Shaak Ti would survive the engagement by running away.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Dude, they haven't produced one good video in their entire careers, lmfao.

Just take the L already.

To be fair Connor's redo of Vader VS Kun wasn't that bad. It was at the very least a step up from...well...his other stuff.

TheNuisanceBird
Nah but he basically said Bane barely wins, and that Shaak Ti would survive the engagement by running away.

Lol At him also saying Ti has a higher pain tolerance.

Deronn_solo
you guys are more retarded for even paying attention to anything they make, lmao.

chilled monkey
My position doesn't need defending. The fact that the video exists at all is evidence towards Evan's insanity. The fact that you adore these videos is proof of yours.

I adore these videos because they give me inspiration in my writing, both for Star Wars, other series and original fiction. They help me devise statistics for characters and in writing fight scenes.

What is Character A's typical approach to battle? How does his personality and experiences influence it? How does he respond to different scenarios? How do I keep his fights consistent but varied enough to avoid being repetitive?

These are all important points to consider when writing fight scenes and videos like this are very helpful to me. Why does that anger you? I guess you just hate anyone with imagination or creativity.

Seriously, why do you dislike this video? This isn't a jibe. I honestly want to know.

Because the Forcecast doesn't even remotely understand power scaling (for example Jensaarai1 thinks Zannah beats Yoda and Vader but Zannah also somehow loses to Tholme, and Evannova thinks Bultar Swan and Darth Maul are on a similar level), and because they ignore actual evidence when it doesn't fit with their interpretations (such as them ignoring numerous statements on Sidious's skill level because they believe he's completely unskilled,

1) "Power scaling" is dumb. Brains, tactics and skill can frequently defeat a foe with greater power. Look at Batman or Captain America for example.

2) I may need to re-check this but as far as I know Jensaarai1 has NEVER claimed that Zannah beats Yoda. He just said that her lightsabre style would be effective against Yoda because it blocks many of his primary attack vectors. All that means is she would fare better against him than most in a lightsabre duel.

I agree that the Zannah vs. Tholme one was pretty head-scratching though.

3) They do not believe Palpatine is completely unskilled. Throughout that video they repeatedly acknowledge that he's a master duellist. All they said was that he's not invincible (which he isn't).

Originally posted by samappo
He outright beats Yoda in lightsaber combat according to canon.

Nope. According to canon Yoda disarmed him.

My Dude, they haven't produced one good video in their entire careers, lmfao.

WRONG! Here are just a few examples of awesome videos-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzoPqgmm2M&index=6&list=LL28h5yZWghLVUh7z8DHRZtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXWQBeyopOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trv_vSZWz44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woGPPPBaS00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hrr7pwPmM

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzoPqgmm2M&index=6&list=LL28h5yZWghLVUh7z8DHRZtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXWQBeyopOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woGPPPBaS00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hrr7pwPmM
All terrible.

chilled monkey
All terrible.

How so? Please enlighten us.

DarthAnt66
Who's "us?" You seem to be the only one disagreeing here, lmfao.

TheNuisanceBird

https://youtu.be/P4zCPWkFJTY?t=1m18s

chilled monkey

Okay then. Enlighten ME. Please, explain to me why exactly these videos are "All terrible." I'm serious. I really want to know what your problem with these specific videos is.

samappo
3) They do not believe Palpatine is completely unskilled. Throughout that video they repeatedly acknowledge that he's a master duellist. All they said was that he's not invincible (which he isn't).

They award him low council tier lightsaber skills. I initially agreed with their theory that Sidious was out of practice and although still a master of all seven forms was rusty, but he used force augmentation to insane levels to just be faster than everyone. It holds up well until you consider all of Gillard's comments and canon statements about Sidious and his dueling abilities. For example:

"Sidious is a master of every weapon and every style."

And

Outwardly frail, Palpatine was in truth a cunning warrior capable of besting even the greatest Jedi warrior in lightsaber combat or by conjuring powerfully destructive Force lightning.

3) Nope. According to canon Yoda disarmed him.

I meant that according to statements, he is capable of beating the greatest Jedi warrior in lightsaber combat (Yoda). Coupled with this quote:

"He's better than Yoda in a way because he has the extra power of the dark side," Gillard explains. "His character is so shrouded that his fighting style should be shrouded as well. The Emperor is deadly dangerous."

Shows he is better than Yoda. This is further evidenced by:

"It took a really long time for Nick (Gillard) to work out Sidious' fighting style, and he has a style that's constantly changing. His style is one in which you'll never get the better of him. It is ambiguous --- he'll fight less than you and draw you in; you're a sucker if you think you're going to better him."

This proves his fighting capabilities surpass Yoda's, if ever so slightly. Now before you start ranting about how Yoda disarmed Sidious, there's a reason for that. Consider this quote:

"Level nine, the highest level of lightsaber fighting, is occupied by a small number of capable sword masters, including Yoda and Darth Sidious. At so high a ranking, it comes down to individual fighting styles as well as the circumstances of the surroundings that make a difference."

During the duel between Sidious and Yoda, Yoda had a massive advantage as they fought in the central pod. Sidious was forced to stay stationary whilst Yoda, considering his small frame was free to work his Ataru acrobatics, constantly attacking Sidious from different sides whilst the emperor was essentially forced to stand in the middle. Even with that advantage, Yoda according to the novel knows he will lose eventually and siezing his advantage, out of desperation and fear of losing in the long run disarms the disadvantaged Sidious.

Therefore Yoda disarmed Sidious because he had the environmental advantage, and since both are 9's as duelists, this would be the key factor that decides who wins and who loses. And even then, Yoda acknowledged that Sidious was going to kill him if he didn't do something about it.

Lord Stark
Yoda doesn't need a lightsaber for this.

samappo
Also, Chilled Monkey. Just remembered you didn't respond and had more information to extrapolate on.

Consider the description of the last part of their lightsaber duel from the official script of the movie:

YODA unleashes a ferocious assault on PALPATINE, causing him to almost go over the edge. The Dark Lord drops his lightsaber but recovers with a BLAST OF ENERGY from his hands that surrounds YODA. YODA is deflecting the Sith Lord's lightning bolts.

Since this is the closest to canon we're gonna get (closer than the senior/junior novelisation) it takes priority. Yoda doesn't disarm Sidious according to canon.

chilled monkey
All terrible.

Still waiting for an answer to this Ant.

TheNuisanceBird

He is the answer.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
He is the answer.

Who is "he?"

TheNuisanceBird
Who is "he?"

Ant is the answer to the Forcecast.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Ant is the answer to the Forcecast.

You're not making any sense, even by this board's standards.

TheNuisanceBird
You're not making any sense, even by this board's standards.

I make a lot more sense than EvanNOva and Jensaarbias.

Evan believes:

Katarn > ROTS Kenobi

Katarn > Revan <--- Ant be going to war.

Katarn > Zannah.

Jensaarbias' videos are Lochness Lunacy.

MythLord
EvanNooba69 is God, tbh.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao, I noticed. It's kind of freaky how obsessed you are with promoting the Forecast.

Hell, you even ****ing PMed me about it, lmfao. laughing out loud

chilled monkey
Lmfao, I noticed. It's kind of freaky how obsessed you are with promoting the Forecast.

Hell, you even ****ing PMed me about it, lmfao. laughing out loud

I'm not promoting anything. I asked you a question and I want an answer.

Now I'll say again; why are those specific videos "all terrible" as you claimed?

DarthAnt66
Because most of his verdicts are wrong, and when they aren't, his reasoning emphasize factors that wouldn't be relevant (lightsaber forms being the famous example) and/or ignores established lore (in direct contradiction to people like Gillard).

For example, Yoda is, by far, the greatest Ataru practitioner in history. That's an established fact within the continuity. EvanNova makes him out to be a rather poor Ataru user, as far as I'm concerned. Then we got Sidious, Dooku, Anakin, etc. who are all slandered as mediocre duelists while, in reality, they're the best in history.

Raptor22
I clicked on the link, saw It was 54 min, skipped to the last minute and heard his conclusion.

I had 2 thoughts on it. They are-

1. Holy shit did this guy really spend all this time making a 54 min video on freaking Kyle Katarn vs Yoda.

2. Wtf, other people are actually taking 54 min out of their life to watch a video on freaking Kyle Katarn vs Yoda.

I then shook my head in disappointment and went on with my day.

Dispray
Stop it, get some help.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Raptor22
I clicked on the link, saw It was 54 min, skipped to the last minute and heard his conclusion.

1. Holy shit did this guy really spend all this time making a 54 min video on freaking Kyle Katarn vs Yoda.

2. Wtf, other people are actually taking 54 min out of their life to watch a video on freaking Kyle Katarn vs Yoda.

He gets money for his videos. That's the only reason why he would make it.

chilled monkey
Because most of his verdicts are wrong, and when they aren't, his reasoning emphasize factors that wouldn't be relevant (lightsaber forms being the famous example) and/or ignores established lore (in direct contradiction to people like Gillard).

As I've said many times before the verdict is unimportant. What makes these videos awesome are the analyses of the characters involved and the amount of detail provided. Not only is it enjoyable, it's also very helpful to me for my writing.

For example when I was trying to work out what one of my Original Characters fighting style and tactical inclinations would be like some of Jensaarai1's videos helped me figure this out and led me to conclusions that I was very pleased with.

But even if we do look at verdicts and the reasoning behind them-

1) Atris vs. Nomi Sunrider- This seems pretty straightforward. Nomi wins because she's a more powerful and skilled Force-user. How is this "terrible?"

2) Top 10 characters that can't be used in the Vs. series- This doesn't even have a "verdict" so what exactly was "terrible" about this?

3) Kazdan Paratus vs. Maw- Kazdan wins because Maw hasn't yet fully adjusted to his new state and hasn't broken old habits. I don't see any problem here.

4) Vindican vs. Luminara- Vindican wins because Luminara doesn't think on her feet quick enough (as shown in TCW) and he'd capitalise on that. Again, I don't see any problem here.

For example, Yoda is, by far, the greatest Ataru practitioner in history. That's an established fact within the continuity. EvanNova makes him out to be a rather poor Ataru user, as far as I'm concerned. Then we got Sidious, Dooku, Anakin, etc. who are all slandered as mediocre duelists while, in reality, they're the best in history.

False. Dooku has NEVER been called mediocre, neither has Anakin. Granted, Evan and co. have criticised Anakin's tactical inclinations (like how he tends to be too reckless and often doesn't use his Force abilities until after his opponent uses theirs on him), but not his actual blade-work.

Palpatine likewise was acknowledged as a master duellist. They simply pointed out that he wasn't invincible.

chilled monkey

Again, you are completely missing the point.

The point is how videos like this can help with writing fanfiction/original fiction, specifically what would a character's conduct in battle be, how and why would they fight the way they do and how would they fare in different scenarios.

It's not "who'd win Kyle or Yoda?" It's "how would a duel between a guy LIKE Kyle and a guy LIKE Yoda be likely to go?" That's the mentality behind it.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, well I don't write fan-fictions, nor do I care that you do, so that's hardly relevant.

And of course the verdict is relevant, wtf? The whole point of the video is seeing who wins.

1.) Nomi is blatantly superior to Atris. A video isn't necessary, hence the issue.
2.) He named a lot of characters that can be included, hence the issue.
3.) I don't really have an opinion one way or another on this one, but looks like the verdict has nothing to do with actual ability.
4.) Luminara is canonically stated in numerous sources to be "quick-witted" and masterfully acrobatic. erm

Mediocre relative to their actual standings. Sidious is invincible for all intents and purposes. In a lightsaber duel, he's only losing to maybe Luke, Yoda, or Anakin. Same for Yoda. In regards to Dooku, he's only losing to the mentioned characters and possibly Mace Windu in a lightsaber duel. Etc. etc. Calling them a "master duelist" is irrelevant. Agen Kolar is a master duelist. He's getting one-shot by Palpatine. Cin Drallig is a master duelist. He's getting steamed by Anakin.

TheNuisanceBird

The point is how videos like this can help with writing fanfiction/original fiction, specifically what would a character's conduct in battle be, how and why would they fight the way they do and how would they fare in different scenarios.

Lol What?

Let's play a game here:

Which of the following videos makes the most sense?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ5SDD9uK50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2koUoG7pJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpilBWjZIpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gxnfHrnnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuVih-y3rCc&t=968s

Zenwolf

3) Kazdan Paratus vs. Maw- Kazdan wins because Maw hasn't yet fully adjusted to his new state and hasn't broken old habits. I don't see any problem here.

Adjusting to what exactly? Maw was able to deal without legs just fine, hell it's noted in that exact video too so there's a contradiction there.

Soo...what is Maw adjusting to?

chilled monkey
Yeah, well I don't write fan-fictions, nor do I care that you do, so that's hardly relevant.

Well you should start. Writing fanfiction is incredibly fun and it lets you spend more time with characters you love.

And of course the verdict is relevant, wtf? The whole point of the video is seeing who wins.

Not to me. Sure I'm interested in the outcome but I'm more interested in the analysis as I mentioned. Also the point is not JUST "who wins?" but "why do they win?" You can then take the reasoning for that verdict and apply it to other characters.

1.) Nomi is blatantly superior to Atris. A video isn't necessary, hence the issue.

True, but it's still very helpful to me. For example Evan did a good job detailing Nomi's lightsabre skills which I intend to use as a guideline. Sure she has a lot of accolades but for writing you need more specifics than just "she's really good."

2.) He named a lot of characters that can be included, hence the issue.

Which characters and why?

3.) I don't really have an opinion one way or another on this one, but looks like the verdict has nothing to do with actual ability.

If you don't have an opinion why did you claim it was terrible?

4.) Luminara is canonically stated in numerous sources to be "quick-witted" and masterfully acrobatic. erm

LOL, well those "sources" are clearly full of it as demonstrated in TCW where she lost to a sloppy, amateurish opponent specifically because she didn't take the initiative, just kept pace and mirrored her foe's attacks.

DarthAnt66
No one, and I mean absolutely positively not one person on this forum, cares about your thoughts on the videos.

We don't care that you don't care about the verdict.

We don't care that you find them useful for your fanfictions.

To us, we do care about the verdict, we don't find them useful for fanfictions since we mostly don't write them, etc. etc.

Since we care about the verdicts, but then disagree on a majority of them, we don't like the videos.

Further, most of us either do, or think we do, know more than these creators. So watching them for "reference" is irrelevant.

We already know who is going to win in the fights and why they are going to win - and the "real" reasons why, too.

And trust me, telling us how great it is to your fanfictions just makes us dislike the videos more.

It's that simple.

So please, for the love of God, stop telling us how you like it and / or giving us reasons to like it.

We will never like it, and like I said, the fact you are like this makes me hate them way more than I already do.

And here is the fundamental difference between how we, as in this forum community, and you, view fights.

If a source says something, generally speaking, then that's the facts.

There's debate with some specific instances depending on date or retcon, but this is the general policy.

When a source says Luminara is quick-witted, she's ****ing quick-witted.

It's not that the source is wrong, it's that your non-canon interpretation was wrong.

Same applies for Yoda, Palpatine, Anakin, Dooku, etc.

If you conclude Yoda isn't a great fighter, then your conclusion is wrong, not the source saying he's the best ever.

If you conclude Anakin is a sloppy fighter, then your conclusion is wrong, since he's stated to be the Jedi's greatest fighter.

If you conclude Sheev is vulnerable to low-level fighters, then your conclusion is wrong, since sources state he's greater than any Jedi.

That is how we view things here. You might find it simplistic or narrow, but again:

I don't think I ever seen you actually debate here other than in the realm of defending the views of these YouTubers.

How about you either try to contribute to this shit-hole, or leave forever.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Adjusting to what exactly? Maw was able to deal without legs just fine, hell it's noted in that exact video too so there's a contradiction there.

Soo...what is Maw adjusting to?

Quote: "Though he was sometimes given to recklessness and blood-thirst, and hadn't yet ironed out all the wrinkles in his fighting style..."

Quote: "Maw has the habits of a lifetime to overcome and is still adjusting to Force Flight. The occasional corkscrew manoeuvre aside Maw was very linear, simply advancing and retreating, where Paratus made better use of flanking manoeuvres."

Quote: "Maws problem is this; what he is trying to do is completely at odds with what he has been for most of his life. Prior to his dismemberment he was clearly a rock-solid power duellist in the mould of Warb Null or Darth Malgus, but now he's trying to shift gears and become a more speed-based fighter like Yoda and the result is a bizarre combination of elements that make him very unpredictable but are at complete cross-purposes with each other."

No contradiction at all. He dealt without legs "just fine" for his day-to-day life but not for his fighting ability.

DarthAnt66
a rock-solid power duellist in the mould of Warb Null or Darth Malgus\
whatthe****.

Yeah, literally every video is trash, ROFL.

Zenwolf

Quote: "Though he was sometimes given to recklessness and blood-thirst, and hadn't yet ironed out all the wrinkles in his fighting style..."

Quote: "Maw has the habits of a lifetime to overcome and is still adjusting to Force Flight. The occasional corkscrew manoeuvre aside Maw was very linear, simply advancing and retreating, where Paratus made better use of flanking manoeuvres."

Quote: "Maws problem is this; what he is trying to do is completely at odds with what he has been for most of his life. Prior to his dismemberment he was clearly a rock-solid power duellist in the mould of Warb Null or Darth Malgus, but now he's trying to shift gears and become a more speed-based fighter like Yoda and the result is a bizarre combination of elements that make him very unpredictable but are at complete cross-purposes with each other."

No contradiction at all. He dealt without legs "just fine" for his day-to-day life but not for his fighting ability.

If he could use Force Flight to the point that it was second nature to him and adapting to the advantages Flight gave him with his fighting style, it shouldn't matter if it was in combat or not.

Trocity
Warb Null?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bml.gif

DarthAnt66
You know we hit rock bottom when Darth Malgus is being compared to a floating head and a guy called Warb Null.

NewGuy01
ant... dial it down bro lol.

DarthAnt66
u taking sat on saturday?

NewGuy01
Nope. I took the ACT instead.

DarthAnt66
i know, but arent u taking that shit more than once?

you should take both multiple times, unless u did really good on act

NewGuy01
Nope. Only the top ~3% of colleges in the U.S. require a score higher than mine. I have no aspirations that would require me to ever take it again.

Also, you're like, derailing the thread br0.

DarthAnt66
Well, like, fug off dude.

TheNuisanceBird
No one, and I mean absolutely positively not one person on this forum, cares about your thoughts on the videos.

We don't care that you don't care about the verdict.

We don't care that you find them useful for your fanfictions.

To us, we do care about the verdict, we don't find them useful for fanfictions since we mostly don't write them, etc. etc.

Since we care about the verdicts, but then disagree on a majority of them, we don't like the videos.

Further, most of us either do, or think we do, know more than these creators. So watching them for "reference" is irrelevant.

We already know who is going to win in the fights and why they are going to win - and the "real" reasons why, too.

And trust me, telling us how great it is to your fanfictions just makes us dislike the videos more.

It's that simple.

So please, for the love of God, stop telling us how you like it and / or giving us reasons to like it.

We will never like it, and like I said, the fact you are like this makes me hate them way more than I already do.

And here is the fundamental difference between how we, as in this forum community, and you, view fights.

There's debate with some specific instances depending on date or retcon, but this is the general policy.

It's not that the source is wrong, it's that your non-canon interpretation was wrong.

Same applies for Yoda, Palpatine, Anakin, Dooku, etc.

If you conclude Yoda isn't a great fighter, then your conclusion is wrong, not the source saying he's the best ever.

If you conclude Anakin is a sloppy fighter, then your conclusion is wrong, since he's stated to be the Jedi's greatest fighter.

If you conclude Sheev is vulnerable to low-level fighters, then your conclusion is wrong, since sources state he's greater than any Jedi.

That is how we view things here. You might find it simplistic or narrow, but again:

I don't think I ever seen you actually debate here other than in the realm of defending the views of these YouTubers.

How about you either try to contribute to this shit-hole, or leave forever.

^ GOLD

Raptor22
Again, you are completely missing the point.

It's not "who'd win Kyle or Yoda?" It's "how would a duel between a guy LIKE Kyle and a guy LIKE Yoda be likely to go?" That's the mentality behind it. sugar coat it all u want, it's still a terrible match-up.

As for how it would likely to go is simple, Yoda would shit stomp kyle in every aspect in a manner akin to a grown man fighting a small child. Explaining how and why is as pointless as explaining why eating people is bad.

Hey u like them and thats fine. Opinions are subjective and different strokes for different folks and all that, but the match-up is terrible. Just because u can find some good in a pile of turds such as using it for fertilizer (or using the video for fan fic), doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day it's still just a pile of crap.

TheNuisanceBird

As for how it would likely to go is simple, Yoda would shit stomp kyle in every aspect in a manner akin to a grown man fighting a small child. Explaining how and why is as pointless as explaining why eating people is bad.

Lol Ironically Kyle's would be the grown man while Yoda would be the one the size of a child if not smaller.

chilled monkey
Warb Null?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bml.gif

Still a better name than Hux(ley Pig) or Snoke. At least Warb Null sounds interesting. "Snoke" just sounds boring.

Also Null is actually pretty cool-

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Warb_Null

Originally posted by Zenwolf
If he could use Force Flight to the point that it was second nature to him and adapting to the advantages Flight gave him with his fighting style, it shouldn't matter if it was in combat or not.

Except that is clearly not the case as Maw failed to make use of flanking manoeuvres.

You know we hit rock bottom when Darth Malgus is being compared to a floating head and a guy called Warb Null.

1) Maw was a floating TORSO, not a head. Get yours facts right.
2) Do you even know who Warb Null is? He's from "Tales of the Jedi." the best Star Wars comic series ever.

chilled monkey

Why?

Rubbish. The facts are what happen in the actual story. "Sources" should be taken lightly since most of them just say what they're paid to.

So what, Luminara getting beaten by Asajj... didn't happen? Even though you saw it happen on-screen. That's what you're saying?

So if the source claims something then you just ignore the actual FACTS (i.e. what happened in the story)?

Yeah, that's dumb.

Say for example the DC editor claims "Batman is the best martial artist in DC." Now say a bunch of other characters in the actual comics are shown to be better martial artists than him. Do you mindlessly obey the "source" without question like drones or do you use your brain and go by what you see with your own eyes?

And I don't think I ever seen you actually debate here other than in the realm of defending the views of these YouTubers.

You mustn't have looked very hard then since I've frequently debated here.

And How about you either try to contribute to this shit-hole, or leave forever.

Or how about you realise that I have as much right to post here as anyone else and that some people look at things differently than you?

chilled monkey
whatthe****.

Yeah, literally every video is trash, ROFL.

It's very simple. I'll break it down for you.

The evidence suggests that prior to getting his legs cut off Maw used a similar combat technique to people like Darth Malgus and Warb Null.

That means that he was a huge strong guy who mainly used big powerful slashes and cuts to attack and relied on strong blocks for defence because he wasn't very quick or agile.

Make sense now?

p.s. sorry for multiple posts. My edit isn't working right.

Trocity
Holy shit. laughing out loud

chilled monkey
Holy ****. laughing out loud

Thanks.

MythLord
Chilled... kill yourself, please.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by MythLord
Chilled... kill yourself, please.

As I rule I generally try not to tell people how they should or should not act. Everyone should have the right to express themselves how they feel (to an extent, one should never use profanity in front of children for example)

However I remind you that this is a public forum. As such there may be people here who had loved ones that took their own lives.

Keep that in mind.

Beniboybling
laughing

I hope your loved ones burn in hell. uhuh

Darth Thor
I hope you all have miserable lives then suffer a horrible death... and then burn in hell of course

MythLord
However I remind you that this is a public forum. As such there may be people here who had loved ones that took their own lives.

Keep that in mind.

I lost a loved one, and I saved a loved one from that. I know what it's like. That still doesn't mean I have to tip-toe around everybody's feeling and not tell a joke.

Keep that in mind.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Beniboybling
laughing

I hope your loved ones burn in hell. uhuh

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I hope you all have miserable lives then suffer a horrible death... : and then burn in hell of course

I suggest you both take a look at yourselves and ask why you are letting a work of fiction drive you to such hatefulness.

Originally posted by Mythlord
I lost a loved one, and I saved a loved one from that. I know what it's like. That still doesn't mean I have to tip-toe around everybody's feeling and not tell a joke.

Keep that in mind.

My condolences for your loss.

You are of course fully entitled to your opinion. Personally I think people should have more consideration for each other's feelings.

Beniboybling
I suggest you both take a look at yourselves and ask why you are letting a work of fiction drive you to such hatefulness.http://pa1.narvii.com/6374/99590e13546588ebb190081e3f7a93a06a1491d4_hq.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.