(Netflix) Ironfist vs (Netflix) Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Who wins?

beatboks
So far only watched the first 5 (or 6)eps of IF.
Based on thjs camparing to DD in his early appearances Danny stomps.

Shit drugged to eyeballs and barely able to stand he went casually against a swordsman easily the better of the one who stomped and fed Matt his inards in season 1. AND THAT is without even counting the IF and knocking steel doors to shit.

TheHulk
^I can agree, but i'll bet my ass they will be more equal in show if they ever fought erm

Scarlet315
Originally posted by beatboks

Shit drugged to eyeballs and barely able to stand he went casually against a swordsman easily the better of the one who stomped and fed Matt his inards in season 1. AND THAT is without even counting the IF and knocking steel doors to shit.
True
Originally posted by TheHulk
^I can agree, but i'll bet my ass they will be more equal in show if they ever fought erm
I hope they don't do that and stay true to the characters abilities like having Luke and Jessica remain brawlers, but having Jessica straining a bit more to avoid for instance gun fire, and have Matt and Danny flipping around executing them sweet moves with Matt using his signature weapons ricocheting across walls and Danny constantly using his iron fist..

Vanguard
Its not battle related. But I watched one of the climatic scenes of Iron Fist on Netflix and I really wasn't impressed.

Scarlet315
Originally posted by Vanguard
Its not battle related. But I watched one of the climatic scenes of Iron Fist on Netflix and I really wasn't impressed.

I agree somewhat. The first couple episodes had horrible fight choreography. The worst. Daredevil season1 outshined them. Towards the end of Ironfist the fighting got incredibly good.

beatboks
I dissagree. The pace of IF thus far is so much better than any other Netflix Marvel series. It just seems to have stepped into the action so much earlier. Yes that means some of the character driven stuff is slower to unfold but i wouldnt say that it detrimental to the show at all.

TheHulk
One thing to note is that currently, season one Danny can only use his right hand as Iron Fist...and it burns a lot of chi just using it one time. Honestly, not only DD but even Cage has a better chance fighting against Iron Fist.

random letters

No idea how you came to the conclusion that he's better than Nobu, especially since he's featless other than getting his ass kicked by Danny. All those guys who fought in that challenge were pretty lackluster. I finished the entire show and Nobu is way above anyone Danny ever fought in the series.

Anyways, Danny should win with his fist. That said, he's very inconsistent. He even had a lot of trouble against a regular in-shape middle aged guy armed with a lead pipe and gun.

SamZED
Danny should win.
DD fighting scenes are directed more realistically. He actually struggles a little almost every time he fights fodder. IF beats groups of people with little to no difficulty. But yeah, they'll be more or less equal when they fight.

basilisk
I've not finished IF so far, but I'm also tempted to go with Danny for the same reasons as some of the above. IF just seemed to make it look all look easier.

I was thinking early on that IF looked quite a bit better than DD actually. Then he struggled a bit against that guy in the records room. Also seeing Wing beat that guy in the cage fight made me think some of these dudes they fight can't be anywhere as tough as they look anyway.

Still, so far I'm still giving IF an edge in skill, add the IF itself and I think he'd take it. Be interesting to see an IF vs Punisher fight, or even IF vs characters like Nobu, Elektra, Stick and so on.

deathslash
Originally posted by basilisk
I've not finished IF so far, but I'm also tempted to go with Danny for the same reasons as some of the above. IF just seemed to make it look all look easier.

I was thinking early on that IF looked quite a bit better than DD actually. Then he struggled a bit against that guy in the records room. Also seeing Wing beat that guy in the cage fight made me think some of these dudes they fight can't be anywhere as tough as they look anyway.

Still, so far I'm still giving IF an edge in skill, add the IF itself and I think he'd take it. Be interesting to see an IF vs Punisher fight, or even IF vs characters like Nobu, Elektra, Stick and so on. well, Danny struggled against that guy in the records room because he was attacked from behind with brass knuckles. The guy had an unfair advantage. Wait until you get to episode 12, because the way that Danny was owning bakuto speaks volumes about how good he is.

Scarlet315
I dissagree. The pace of IF thus far is so much better than any other Netflix Marvel series. It just seems to have stepped into the action so much earlier. Yes that means some of the character driven stuff is slower to unfold but i wouldnt say that it detrimental to the show at all.

I agree but there was a huge difference between danny fought the guards in apposite one when he first entered the rand building to when he accepts the challenge from _ _ _.

One thing to note is that currently, season one Danny can only use his right hand as Iron Fist...and it burns a lot of chi just using it one time. Honestly, not only DD but even Cage has a better chance fighting against Iron Fist.

I'm saying to think that DD has a chance only because when danny gets in the zone i say he may even be a match for cap in the MCU. One scene that comes to mind is when he did that neo thing. I don't want to give spoilers to any one who hasn't watched it ask yet. Like may have problems bit not sure only because at what i think is dannys most powerful use of the Ironfist is liken to when Luke walked out of a building that exploded with just his jacket on fire. But in choose range...

Scarlet315
Originally posted by deathslash
well, Danny struggled against that guy in the records room because he was attacked from behind with brass knuckles. The guy had an unfair advantage. Wait until you get to episode 12, because the way that Danny was owning bakuto speaks volumes about how good he is.

True

Mindset
One thing to note is that currently, season one Danny can only use his right hand as Iron Fist...and it burns a lot of chi just using it one time. Honestly, not only DD but even Cage has a better chance fighting against Iron Fist. He can easily use the IF multiple times within a short time span.

He only ran out of chi once.

Surtur
Not sure how DD tanks the ground pound Danny can do. Then after that it takes probably one hit to kill DD.

basilisk
Originally posted by deathslash
well, Danny struggled against that guy in the records room because he was attacked from behind with brass knuckles. The guy had an unfair advantage. Oh yes, I was thinking it might have been the drugs still or something, but you're right it was the knuckles. Haven't had a chance to get back to the rest of the episodes yet.

Surtur
not only DD but even Cage has a better chance fighting against Iron Fist.

Luke Cage is super strong and bullet and knife proof. Of course he has a better chance fighting against IF than DD, who is neither of those things.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Surtur
Not sure how DD tanks the ground pound Danny can do. Then after that it takes probably one hit to kill DD. But if i remember correctly he constantly or at least one time stated that just using it drains a lot or enough for him to complain about it erm Honestly one way or another, it does not look like he can use it for 5-10 mins.

Edit: Then again it looks like in later episodes it does not bother him as much

Originally posted by Surtur
Luke Cage is super strong and bullet and knife proof. Of course he has a better chance fighting against IF than DD, who is neither of those things. The reason i said that was because most would probably assume Danny is quick enough to just one shot Luke with the IF.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.