Anakin VS Grievous (Legends Only) By Jensaarai1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
I'm honestly scared to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2koUoG7pJk

I was gonna do this. Frak.

chingchangwalla
I don't want to watch it. Anakin just crushes Grievous' rib cage

samappo
He's quite biased against Anakin. He's using AoTC fight against Dooku as an example of Anakin's inability to defend lmao, even though the gap in his skills between AoTC and RoTS is massive.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by samappo
He's quite biased against Anakin. He's using AoTC fight against Dooku as an example of Anakin's inability to defend lmao, even though the gap in his skills between AoTC and RoTS is massive.

He also disregards a great deal of Anakin's physical feats. Same with his saber skill.

Nephthys
He gives the victory to Grievous.

I don't know why I'm even surprised, lol.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
He also disregards a great deal of Anakin's physical feats. Same with his saber skill.
bulq is stronger than anakin comes to mind

samappo

This is why I joined this forum 2 days ago. I enjoyed watching the versus series youtubers until I started doing the research and reading the books myself and realising how stupid a lot of the things they say are.

RoTS Anakin is 8/9 depending on what part of RoTS Anakin you're using.

"Anakin could win if he kept a cool head." Wtf. Anakin when he was raged and all amped up became a ****ing 9 and made Drallig look like a joke. When he fought Kenobi even he, the master of Soresu thought to himself that Anakin was going to kill him.

Let's just think about that for a second. Theoretically, it is said that no Soresu master could have their saber defenses broken except possibly by Juyo. Anakin was using Form V. That's how amped up and powerful Anakin/Vader was at that point.

There's no way Grievous stands a chance. Give Fisto a second lightsaber and Grievous gets rofl stomped.

TheNuisanceBird
This is why I joined this forum 2 days ago. I enjoyed watching the versus series youtubers until I started doing the research and reading the books myself and realising how stupid a lot of the things they say are.

RoTS Anakin is 8/9 depending on what part of RoTS Anakin you're using.

"Anakin could win if he kept a cool head." Wtf. Anakin when he was raged and all amped up became a ****ing 9 and made Drallig look like a joke. When he fought Kenobi even he, the master of Soresu thought to himself that Anakin was going to kill him.

Let's just think about that for a second. Theoretically, it is said that no Soresu master could have their saber defenses broken except possibly by Juyo. Anakin was using Form V. That's how amped up and powerful Anakin/Vader was at that point.

There's no way Grievous stands a chance. Give Fisto a second lightsaber and Grievous gets rofl stomped.

I'd say even Invisible Hand Anakin is a 9.

samappo
I'd say even Invisible Hand Anakin is a 9.

I'm open to believing that. Your reasoning though?

DarthAnt66
Pretty sure Gillard remarked that Anakin was an 8 during the earlier stages of the fight, but then went to a 9 after Dooku used Dun Moch.

samappo
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Pretty sure Gillard remarked that Anakin was an 8 during the earlier stages of the fight, but then went to a 9 after Dooku used Dun Moch.

Yeah like, he is an 8 but when his emotions get the better of him, his force potential is that great (way higher than Yoda's apparently) he gets instantly amped to 9.

TheNuisanceBird
I'm open to believing that. Your reasoning though?

I recently listened to the Invisible Hand fight of the audiobook on YouTube. Even before Anakin gives into his rage Dooku regards him as a "machine of battle" or something along those lines. Idk. The way Anakin was preforming against Dooku just screamed 9 for me.

Going from just the ROTS movie it clearly seems Anakin's more effective on the Invisible Hand than on Mustafar.

When he was driving back Dooku on the stairs the Count visible retreating from his strength while on Mustafar after Anakin smacks Kenobi when they jump down from the pipe the two grab each others wrists with Kenobi redirecting Anakin which shouldn't have happened under normal circumstances.

To be fair Pre-Suit Vader batted Kenobi's blade aside multiple times while Grievous couldn't.

I can see Invisible Hand Anakin being an 8 although I'd still argue Anakin's prime was on the Invisible Hand. At least when he was a Jedi.

The "finest Djem So user" Dooku had ever seen puts him above Plo Koon.

Operation Knightfall is tricky. I'd argue that he could still stomp Drallig as a Jedi.

Going from the audiobook/novelization Mace calls Anakin:

"Arguably the most powerful Jedi alive"

Even in the movie Obi-Wan says Anakin's become a "far greater Jedi".

Neither of them witnessed Zonakin and while those statements could be taken with a grain of salt for me it says something that Windu partially conceded to his own ego.

UCanShootMyNova
Great video. smile

samappo
I recently listened to the Invisible Hand fight of the audiobook on YouTube. Even before Anakin gives into his rage Dooku regards him as a "machine of battle" or something along those lines. Idk. The way Anakin was preforming against Dooku just screamed 9 for me.

Going from just the ROTS movie it clearly seems Anakin's more effective on the Invisible Hand than on Mustafar.

When he was driving back Dooku on the stairs the Count visible retreating from his strength while on Mustafar after Anakin smacks Kenobi when they jump down from the pipe the two grab each others wrists with Kenobi redirecting Anakin which shouldn't have happened under normal circumstances.

To be fair Pre-Suit Vader batted Kenobi's blade aside multiple times while Grievous couldn't.

I can see Invisible Hand Anakin being an 8 although I'd still argue Anakin's prime was on the Invisible Hand. At least when he was a Jedi.

Operation Knightfall is tricky. I'd argue that he could still stomp Drallig as a Jedi.

Neither of them witnessed Zonakin and while those statements could be taken with a grain of salt for me it says something that Windu partially conceded to his own ego.

Interesting points. Doesn't Gillard say that Anakin is an 8 but when he turns to the dark side he becomes a 9?

NewGuy01
When he uses the dark side he's a 9, ergo the duel on the Invisible Hand counts because that's exactly what he did.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by chingchangwalla

"Sigh." Here we go again. Please try to pay attention to what I actually say, if that's not too much to ask.

No he wouldn't. That's not how Anakin operates. He almost never uses the Force as his opening move. He prefers to beat his foe with lightsabre combat. Typically he only uses the Force offensively after an opponent uses it against him (which Grievous can't). Just watch/read any of his fights and you'll see this.

That is why Forums like this are flawed. You need to look at the characters personalities and how they actually behave. You need to understand that just because they 'could' do something that doesn't mean they will.

Interesting points. Doesn't Gillard say that Anakin is an 8 but when he turns to the dark side he becomes a 9?

You're taking that "Levels" stuff WAY too seriously. This isn't Duel Monsters where the winner is the one with the most Attack Points. HOW one fights and their specific approach to combat matters, not just what "Level" you are.

Anakin is simply too direct and too aggressive. That's the worst approach you can take against Grievous. Heck, in the ROTS novel Mace flat-out says that he believes Kenobi is the best choice to beat Grievous precisely because of his focus on defence.

If you had paid attention you'd know this video is Legends material only. The childish Disney nonsense doesn't apply.

DarthAnt66
Anakin's aggressive style vs Grievous' aggressive style would end with Grievous plastered into the floor as Anakin marches onward.

Geistalt
Where does Mace stand per Gillard?

Kurk

Neither of them witnessed Zonakin and while those statements could be taken with a grain of salt for me it says something that Windu partially conceded to his own ego. Dooku retreating up the stairs is a tactical advantage. "I have the high ground!"

chilled monkey
Originally posted by chingchangwalla

If you actually bothered to watch it Jensaarai1 clearly states that Anakin COULD do that but he wouldn't because that's not Anakin's style.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Anakin's aggressive style vs Grievous' aggressive style would end with Grievous plastered into the floor as Anakin marches onward.

Mace Windu didn't think so.

Rockydonovang
Anakin is factually more powerful, stronger and skilled than Windu and in legends is a yoda/sidious level fighter.

Also, I'm impressed by your ability to ignore context despite trying to lecture everyone here about it. Grevious and Windu fought evenly for a very short period of time. And the reason Windu opted to make use of the force vs Grevious was because he had to get to the chancellor, not because he wouldn't eventually be able to beat Grevious.

And Anakin's loss to kenobi was specifically because he was fighting kenobi. You're also ignoring that per the legends novelizations, when both kenobi and anakin were fighting on even ground, Anakin for all intensive purposes beat him, ragdoling him via tk and was about tp break his arms befor ekenobi unhindered himself via use of empty meditation.

And finallhy, using aotc anakin as an indication of what would happen with rots anakin is laughable.

edit: @chilledmonkey

Rebel95
This guy is a moron

UCanShootMyNova
You misspelled genius*

chingchangwalla
Mace > Anakin.

samappo
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Anakin is factually more powerful, stronger and skilled than Windu and in legends is a yoda/sidious level fighter.

Also, I'm impressed by your ability to ignore context despite trying to lecture everyone here about it. Grevious and Windu fought evenly for a very short period of time. And the reason Windu opted to make use of the force vs Grevious was because he had to get to the chancellor, not because he wouldn't eventually be able to beat Grevious.

And Anakin's loss to kenobi was specifically because he was fighting kenobi. You're also ignoring that per the legends novelizations, when both kenobi and anakin were fighting on even ground, Anakin for all intensive purposes beat him, ragdoling him via tk and was about tp break his arms befor ekenobi unhindered himself via use of empty meditation.

And finallhy, using aotc anakin as an indication of what would happen with rots anakin is laughable.

edit: @chilledmonkey

^ pretty much this.

Uhhh not sure about that one. Anakin and Mace are both 8's by default. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Mace also say that Skywalker was the most powerful jedi in the order as well?

MythLord
Mace thinks every Tom, Dick and Mary is superior to him.

samappo
Anakin is pretty much bordering 9 and is factually the best fighter in the Order. When he's dark side amped he's Sidious level.

Azronger
It wasn't total shit like Evan's video, but the arguments were fallacious.

Azronger
I wrote a brief rebuttal to Jen in the comments, that I'll also share here:

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Geistalt
Where does Mace stand per Gillard?

High 8 bordering on 9.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku retreating up the stairs is a tactical advantage. "I have the high ground!"

And he needed that tactical advantage for a reason.

samappo
Originally posted by Azronger
I wrote a brief rebuttal to Jen in the comments, that I'll also share here:

Lol Jen got massacred. He never replies to criticism though, so you'll never get an answer.

Still this is the guy that said Suit Vader > Yoda and Darth Zannah > Yoda

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by MythLord
Mace thinks every Tom, Dick and Mary is superior to him.
he never actually said he couldn't beat grevious though...

ares834
The Anakin wank is getting out of hand... He stomps Grievous though.

TheNuisanceBird
Lol Jen got massacred. He never replies to criticism though, so you'll never get an answer.

Still this is the guy that said Suit Vader > Yoda and Darth Zannah > Yoda

ROTJ Vader has a pretty good change against Zannah.

Her Sith Sorcery may backfire heavily.

samappo
Yeah but he reckons both could individually beat Yoda...

TheNuisanceBird
Yeah but he reckons both could individually beat Yoda...

Lol What? He said Zannah > Yoda?

samappo
Yeah I can't find it, may have deleted it haha. But in his discussion part of his channel, someone asked Yoda vs Zannah, and his evaluation went something like: "Yoda would try and batter down Zannah, but she would use Soresu to let him to tire and then strike him down."

Nuff said.....

TheNuisanceBird
Yeah I can't find it, may have deleted it haha. But in his discussion part of his channel, someone asked Yoda vs Zannah, and his evaluation went something like: "Yoda would try and batter down Zannah, but she would use Soresu to let him to tire and then strike him down."

Nuff said.....

So sad that I'm inclined to believe that.

Azronger
Evan also said Zannah would have a good chance against Yoda or something like that. Lol.

samappo
Rofl

chilled monkey

Nuff said.....

False.

All he said was that Zannah would last longer than most against Yoda in a lightsabre duel because her technique blocks many of Yoda's main attack vectors. That's it. She'd last longer than most because of logistics. He never claimed she'd beat Yoda.

samappo
This was years ago when I saw this. But I swear he concludes that Yoda tires and Zannah cuts him down.

chilled monkey
This was years ago when I saw this. But I swear he concludes that Yoda tires and Zannah cuts him down.

I don't recall that but I'm not certain. I'll have to re-watch some stuff to be sure.

samappo
This particular comment by him was made in the discussion section of his Youtube page.

I wouldn't be surprised though, although I haven't watched his Yoda video for ages, he just doesn't think Yoda is a good duelist, for some reason.

I'll watch it again to see what he says.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.