Rank These Supermen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Superboy Prime
Superdoom
Doomsday
Eradicator
Superman
Cyborg Superman
Doomslayer
Zod
Superwoman
Superboy

StiltmanFTW
Normal Doomsday or "Superdoom"?

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/images/SMD2_4.jpg

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Normal Doomsday or "Superdoom"?

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/images/SMD2_4.jpg Arent those different characters? If not then both versions.

Philosophía
Superboy Prime
Superman
Doomsday
Cyborg Superman
Zod
Eradicator
Superwoman
Superboy

Doomslayer is too awful to rank, and Superdoom is variable ased on how much influence Supes/DD have.

Cogito
^ This.

Doomsday can move up depending on version

Prof. T.C McAbe

EcstaticGrace
Why would Doomsday be below Superman? There recent fight had Superman hurt and Doomsday unphased. He had to be bfr'd for a win.

I'd argue certain versions of Cyborg Superman and Eradicator on AVG. are above Supes as well.

SuperDoom also gets an advantage of having a deathspore effect, and at lowest I think we can suggest he had NuSuperman's physicals.

Philosophía
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Why would Doomsday be below Superman? There recent fight had Superman hurt and Doomsday unphased. He had to be bfr'd for a win. The last time they had a fight to the death, New 52 Superman ripped him in half.

There's certain versions that are portrayed as above Superman , but when Superman is cutting lose, it's made clear that he is at least at their level

I'd argue certain versions of Cyborg Superman and Eradicator on AVG. are above Supes as well. You could, but I'd crush you.

TethAdamTheRock
Wasnt Doomslayer created to kill Doomsday?

abhilegend
Why would Doomsday be below Superman? There recent fight had Superman hurt and Doomsday unphased. He had to be bfr'd for a win.

I'd argue certain versions of Cyborg Superman and Eradicator on AVG. are above Supes as well.

SuperDoom also gets an advantage of having a deathspore effect, and at lowest I think we can suggest he had NuSuperman's physicals.
No normal version of Eradicator or Cyborg are above Superman.

Warrior Madness
I really don't know how to rank Doomslayer.

Superboy Prime
Superman/Doomsday
Superdoom
Cyborg Superman
Zod
Eradicator
Superwoman
Superboy

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Warrior Madness
I really don't know how to rank Doomslayer.

Superboy Prime
Superman/Doomsday
Superdoom
Cyborg Superman
Zod
Eradicator
Superwoman
Superboy thumb up

carver9
The last fight Superman had with Doomsday, Doomsday had the physical advantage.

DarkSaint85
Nu Superman = Pre Superman, carv. We get to share feats.

EcstaticGrace
Nu52 Doomsday has no feats to suggest he's physically above Rebirth Doomsday.. Rebirth Doomsday was suggested also to be more powerful than the last time Dad Clark faced Doomsday.

Nu52 Doomsday was such a big threat because his deathspore effect which NuSuperman was immune to. Reason why Superman was the only person on the planet able to last in a prolonged fight with NuDoomsday.

I don't see the Doomsday that was ripped apart by Nuperman being on par with the version that took several punches 400 I believe from SuperDad and wasn't really phased.

Philosophía
Nu52 Doomsday has no feats to suggest he's physically above Rebirth Doomsday Breaking Wonder Woman's arms and then the Phantom Zone is far above anything Rebirth Doomsday has shown.

Nu52 Doomsday was such a big threat because his deathspore effect which NuSuperman was immune to. Doomsday was such a big thread because he was physically overwhelming on top of having death spores. The fact that Superman is the only one able to overcome both of them doesn't make it a low showing for Doomsday - it just means that Superman is above all the other heroes on Earth.

I don't see the Doomsday that was ripped apart by Nuperman being on par with the version that took several punches 400 I believe from SuperDad and wasn't really phased. Superspeed punches are notorious for being below normal punches, even though they shouldn't be. But then again, you hardly know shit about what you're talking about.

Here's Superman not being able to move the weakest Doomsday in existence, Doomsday Rex, with superspeed punches:

http://i.imgur.com/gYQq8Mw.jpg

Did you just start reading comics?

Prof. T.C McAbe
@phil
Maybe you can help me there. Why is DD Rex considered to be the weakes version?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
@phil
Maybe you can help me there. Why is DD Rex considered to be the weakes version? By comparisons with the others.

DoS - beat everybody, then double-'killed' with Superman
H/P - beat Darkseid, above an amped Superman
DD Wars - humiliated the Justice League , Orion and J'onn could simultaneously barely fight him for a minute
New 52 - broke Diana's arms, broke the PZ, Superman was the only one that was able to take him for more than a few minutes

while DD Rex - beat J'onn and then got roflstomped by Superman.

That, and DD Rex isn't really the original Doomsday. He's regrown by Lex Luthor from original Doomsday's bones after Imperiex killed him. And Superman basically humiliated him right at the end.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Delta1938
They did explain Doomsday's dynamic strength as having a reverse effect when he feels fear, and Superman psyched him the **** out. Doomsday's bone protrusions even broke when he hit Superman. But where was it that Lex had grown Doomsday Rex? I had heard but never came across the storyline.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up
Thanks.
The only objection I have. Superman with the OWAW Mindset needing more than one punch made me think that DD Rex was still uber just lacked the team to break before Supes took over. After the pic you posted I had to think about this and maybe he was even on Trans level. Oh, don't get me wrong, he's still high-level. But compared to the other Doomsday(s) and Superman, he doesn't make the cut. Which is no shame, since they're all trans level or above.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Delta1938
They did explain Doomsday's dynamic strength as having a reverse effect when he feels fear, and Superman psyched him the **** out. Doomsday's bone protrusions even broke when he hit Superman. But where was it that Lex had grown Doomsday Rex? I had heard but never came across the storyline.

Superman v2 175.

Doomsday was basically regrown with Kryptonian DNA to the point where he had weakness to kryptonite:
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-1987/Issue-175?id=16623#16

He was Lex Luthor's property that Joker free:
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-1987/Issue-175?id=16623#30

And he 'sold' him to Darkseid:
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-1987/Issue-175?id=16623#31
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-1987/Issue-175?id=16623#32

Delta1938
Yeah, Doomsday was "rebuilt." I took what you said that he was cloned.

I never did get the details if the Doomsday involved with Gog was the same.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Delta1938
Yeah, Doomsday was "rebuilt." I took what you said that he was cloned.

I never did get the details if the Doomsday involved with Gog was the same. He was the same guy. It was part of the whole 'Doomsday gets feelings' - thus why he started siding with Superman.

MightyKalEl
Nu52 Doomsday has no feats to suggest he's physically above Rebirth Doomsday.. Rebirth Doomsday was suggested also to be more powerful than the last time Dad Clark faced Doomsday.

Nu52 Doomsday was such a big threat because his deathspore effect which NuSuperman was immune to. Reason why Superman was the only person on the planet able to last in a prolonged fight with NuDoomsday.

I don't see the Doomsday that was ripped apart by Nuperman being on par with the version that took several punches 400 I believe from SuperDad and wasn't really phased.

Not 400. Superman punched 4035 times in 3 panels. First panel had 3000+.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by MightyKalEl

thumb up

EcstaticGrace

That's even better in Doomsday's case then. Rebirth Doomsday was ragdolling a superior version of Diana around with her own lasso.

@Philo He didn't ever grab Diana's arm so the fact Nu52 Doomsday broke it is irrelevant and doesn't suggest Rebirth Doomsday couldn't. Your also ignoring the fact NuDoomsday has an effect on everyone who wasn't Nuperman that weakened them.

And no Superspeeding punches aren't weaker that makes no sense at all. If you increase acceleration of a punch, they'll have more force.

Hell the equation of force is MassXAcceleration. Reason why Infinite Mass Punch is so deadly.

To keep it short Rebirth Superman and Rebirth Diana were getting beat up by Rebirth Doomsday. Hell Diana had panels between her fight scenes.

Nu52 Superman casually tore apart NuDoomsday. And I'm pretty sure Gleason and Jurgen's have made it point they put the Supermen on par if not that far off from each other.

Meaning big gap in physicals between Doomsday's

MightyKalEl
That's even better in Doomsday's case then. Rebirth Doomsday was ragdolling a superior version of Diana around with her own lasso.

It's a really impressive feat. Doomsday stopped Superman from taking his 4036th shot. I don't know why you would consider rebirth Diana greater than new52 version.

That 4035 punches were pretty powerful. It was the only time Doomsday bled in that story iirc.

You forgot to mention Super-Lex among the characters Doomsday was stomping. I wouldn't say Nuperman casually beat Doomsday. He looked exhausted to me when he came back to Earth from Venus after burning NuDD.

Btw, how did nu52 Doomsday come back to Earth from Venus? He had teleportation?

EcstaticGrace
It's a really impressive feat. Doomsday stopped Superman from taking his 4036th shot. I don't know why you would consider rebirth Diana greater than new52 version.

I'd say Rebirth Diana is greater given she offensively relied more on her gear than NuDiana did against NUDoomsDay. I might be wrong but I'm not sure if she was God of War when she first fought NuDoomsday either.

Rebirth Diana that's guaranteed. Rebirth Doomsday again like you said faced several characters in a handicapped type setting. NuDoomsday's only notable versus were one on one fights.

MightyKalEl
I'd say Rebirth Diana is greater given she offensively relied more on her gear than NuDiana did against NUDoomsDay. I might be wrong but I'm not sure if she was God of War when she first fought NuDoomsday either.

Diana was not GoW when she fought NuDD.

EcstaticGrace
Diana was not GoW when she fought NuDD.
Helps my case then I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicnewbies.com/2015/12/30/god-of-war-wonder-woman-vs-the-cheetah-new-52/amp/

Cheetah confirms her stats increased as GOW.

MightyKalEl
Helps my case then I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicnewbies.com/2015/12/30/god-of-war-wonder-woman-vs-the-cheetah-new-52/amp/

Cheetah confirms her stats increased as GOW.

I am afraid it does not help your case. What I meant was Diana didn't remove her bracelets and transform to god mode to fight DD. She had the title of GoW at that time. Diana used god mode to take SuperDoom off the planet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.