ROTJ Luke runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Normal mental state. Full rest and recovery after each round. Bonus: Luke is enraged

1. Grand Inquisitor
2. Kit Fisto
3. Asajj Ventress
4. SoD Darth Maul
5. RotS Obi Wan Kenobi
6. FE Darth Malgus
7. Count Dooku
8. Exar Kun
9. RotS Darth Sidious

carthage
-

TenebrousWay
Round 1: 5-7

Round 2: 9

Azronger
Stops at 7, 8 in the bonus.

carthage
Probably Dooku definite stomp at Sidious

Exar has no business beating him in a duel.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TenebrousWay

Kurk
Round 1: Ventress
Round 2: Maul or Kenobi

Rebel95
Originally posted by Kurk
Round 1: Ventress
Round 2: Maul or Kenobi
No

MythLord
Round 1: 7, maybe even 8.
Round 2: 9.

Petrus
Round 1: 4-6
Round 2: 7-8

MythLord
Vader-stomper isn't losing to Dooku, lmfao. Or Kun, for that matter.

Azronger
In a duel, no. But nothing prevents them from using their other Force powers.

MythLord
Except even Vader couldn't, since he was overwhelmed. I imagine Dooku and Exar would be too forced back to actually do anything with the Force before their hands get chopped off.

Azronger
Of course that's a possibility, but so is that they will manage to take Luke down with ranged combat.

Petrus
To be fair, Luke stomped an incredibly conflicted Vader in ROTJ. I doubt the outcome would've been the same had Vader's doubts in that moment been erradicated.

TheNuisanceBird
SOD Maul or ROTS Kenobi both rounds.

Rage amp Luke VS SOD Maul would be an interesting fight to watch though.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by TenebrousWay

MythLord
Originally posted by Petrus
To be fair, Luke stomped an incredibly conflicted Vader in ROTJ. I doubt the outcome would've been the same had Vader's doubts in that moment been erradicated.

Vader wasn't that conflicted; it's even noted he was willing to kill Luke if it came down to it and that he exhibited "more deadliness" than ever before or some such sh!t.

Originally posted by Azronger
Of course that's a possibility, but so is that they will manage to take Luke down with ranged combat.

I suppose it depends on the distance, but assuming Luke closes it swiftly, Dooku and Exar die.

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord
I suppose it depends on the distance, but assuming Luke closes it swiftly, Dooku and Exar die.

Agreed.

Kurk
Vader in RotJ was a sad sack of shit. Surely you people don't believe that a barely trained boy who struggled to defeat a robot (Guri) makes it more than half-way up this gauntlet.

MythLord
Given how the moment Luke started using the Force, he stomped Guri, and Guri herself was capable of stomping someone approaching Boba Fett's level, and that isn't even RotJ Luke, yes I do expect to go beyond half of the gauntlet.

Kurk
Given how the moment Luke started using the Force, he stomped Guri, and Guri herself was capable of stomping someone approaching Boba Fett's level, and that isn't even RotJ Luke, yes I do expect to go beyond half of the gauntlet. It was pretty damn close to RotJ, the end of the book starts off with him sending the message to Jabba

Kurk
Just re-skimmed The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader. Either Luke is strong as shit or Vader is weak as shit. I'd guess the latter.

MythLord
It was pretty damn close to RotJ, the end of the book starts off with him sending the message to Jabba

Yeah, because the book covers the span of over a year. Not that this in any way changes my point that Luke never struggled with a robot, and said robot is a better combatant than experienced, Jedi killing bounty hunters.

Just re-skimmed The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader. Either Luke is strong as shit or Vader is weak as shit. I'd guess the latter.

Yeah, you would. But then again, you're also one of the least credible and most biased debaters on this site, hence I don't really care. Luke is tremendously power. He's clearing the gauntlet in Vader-stomper mode, and at least making it to Dooku in his standard mode.

Rebel95
Yeah if he's enraged he's at least making it to Sidious. Someone capable of stomping Vader like that is pretty damn powerful. It's hard to know how far he'd make it in a normal state of mind though. Probably loses to maul or Kenobi, Dooku for sure

Kurk
Yeah, because the book covers the span of over a year. Not that this in any way changes my point that Luke never struggled with a robot, and said robot is a better combatant than experienced, Jedi killing bounty hunters.

Yeah, you would. But then again, you're also one of the least credible and most biased debaters on this site, hence I don't really care. Luke is tremendously power. He's clearing the gauntlet in Vader-stomper mode, and at least making it to Dooku in his standard mode. What technical skill in sabers has Luke shown? Otherwise he's starting to come off as an OP Savage Opress.

I apologize for my ignorance Mythlord. This answers it.

By the time of the Battle of Endor, Luke Skywalker has studied some lightsaber technique from Obi-Wan's journal and and greatly advanced his abilities. Without a Master, such advancement would have been impossible for most, but Skywalker's unparalleled aptitude makes him a match for Darth Vader in their fateful duel onboard the second Death Star. Both are limited, Vader by his cybernetic body parts and Skywalker by his relative lack of experience dueling. But Skywalker's skill at blaster deflection is highly refined, and his lightsaber technique so superb that he is able to duel the Dark Lord on even footing - and finally able to defeat a man who is a powerful living product of the ancient Jedi sword traditions from time immemorial. Such an achievement with little formal training is a testament to Skywalker's innate abilities and instinctive skill. Tremendously strong with the Force, Skywalker never crosses the line into Sith hatefulness and ceases his attack immediately upon rendering his foe helpless - an even more impressive demonstration of self-mastery than his lightsaber skills.

In his final assault on Vader, Luke Skywalker mirrors Vader's own Form V technique and responds with a furious demonstration of Form V's raw strength. An observing Jedi Master would be astonished at such instantaneous learning in battle.

Luke's superhuman aptitude for learning on the fly makes up for his lack of experience.

MythLord
Indeed. Luke is like Doomsday; he'll get driven back once due to a lack of inexperience, but next time he's adapting and mirroring everything you do. You can't drop him with the same trick twice.

It's his innate skill that carries him through; also being trained by Yoda and reading in-depthly about Obi-Wan in his journals helps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.