Evil Within 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/20/the-evil-within-2-seemingly-leaked-by-job-listing

I'm in. I enjoyed the first enough to give this a chance. Hopefully it has a bigger budget and more polish. Also, more focus on horror. Don't go full RE5 at the end again.

Smasandian
It was OK. They need to work on the graphics and tidy those up.

And I'm hoping they don't do a RE7 on it because while I love that game, it would be nice to have something similar to RE4 and RE5.

Impediment
Meh. The first game was too inconsistent jumping all over the place with scenarios and it really pissed me off at times.

I'll wait to see what trailers show, but as of right now I'm not interested.

Kazenji
Still need to play the first one, I brought it cheap and i've had its been sitting there....i'll get around to it eventually.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/12/e3-2017-the-evil-within-2-revealed-at-bethesda-showcase?abthid=593e18d1cc647b2a4400004b

Confirmed.

Kazenji
jjh967a8MOQ

Arachnid1
48OOnzIwGUw

God this game looks so good. This is probably currently my most anticipated game at the moment. I'm a sucker for a good horror game. I'm working on getting all the achievements for the first right now before the second comes out.

Nemesis X
Saw a demo and got Dead Space 2 vibes off it. The blend of horror and action is so good here. Want.

Arachnid1
Two trailers and 51 minutes of gameplay. God I love the enemy design. Not a fan of Sebs new voice actor or changed face, but the game still looks phenomenal and will be a day 1 purchase.

nNdoT05oLeA
STYQwzceWUM
MbOETmF4x7A

Arachnid1
AKKwf-h1R28

I liked all the little touches he pointed out.

Arachnid1
37fXUadAgfc

That's two psychos after Sebs daughter. The dude has some serious competition. This guy actually seems more dangerous than Valentini too. I like it.

Also, the Guardian and Obscura seemed to belong to Valentini specifically. I cant wait to see what monstrosities the Priest has at his disposal. I'm assuming that flamethrower guy isn't a boss though. Just a special enemy like the giant hook armed things in TEW1.

Arachnid1
I found a ton more info put together by a user named Dusk Golem on neogaf. Holy crap brahs, they went all out. The bolded stuff has me beyond excited. The replayability on this game is going to be through the roof. I also love the entire story set up too. You're sharing the world with tons of people. Not just you, your daughter, and a few killers. Every enemy is a STEM user losing their mind, and the town this game takes place in (Union), is the first fully operational STEM settlement created by Mobius. If that's true, everything we kill in this game is a legitimate person we're ending.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432583

Arachnid1
Also, here's a trailer I missed showcasing the other new villain

NRzQtL4O3-A

Arachnid1
A bunch of steamers were given early copies of the game and the review embargo for this title lifts the 12th (it comes out the 13th). I guess that means Bethesda loosened up on their bs "no review copies" stance. If you guys want a stream, check out Lord Rage on youtube. He's a huge survival horror buff and he's torn through the first 6 chapters already. He's apparently super impressed so far. Others who have seen the streams have said it's pretty horrifying.

That said, I'm not watching. Going in blind to a horror game is the best way to go in IMO.

Arachnid1
KvP2H0UERZw

There doesn't seem to be much hype for this on this forum but there is the last trailer.

Smasandian
Just finished this game. It's fantastic.

It's basically Resident Evil 4 but modernized with more open areas, good stealth and interesting environments.

The best part of this game is those open area maps...they did a great job filling it with interesting places to explore and then adding scripted events that surrounds them. It's amazing.... Took me about 40 hours to beat but I basically killed everything and explored fully.

Arachnid1
Agreed. I did just about everything too (except for a small room I missed that screwed me out of the last encounter with the Animus). The game was phenomenal and had a great ending to tie it off. I'm going to start classic mode on my Xbox One X after I get a pretty big exam out of the way later this month.

Have you ever played the first Smas? It was a janky game but it honestly did some stuff better than the second (villain, bosses, and horror elements). It doesn't have those open areas you love but that made it more claustrophobic which only helped the horror and atmosphere.

Smasandian
Yeah, I did. First when it came out but just recently as well.

I thought the bosses were on par. The first relied way to heavily on bosses that were incapable in being killed unless you followed the a specific path. And they repeated too much. This game was more varied, could be defeated by force and were in areas where you can move around.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, I did. First when it came out but just recently as well.

I thought the bosses were on par. The first relied way to heavily on bosses that were incapable in being killed unless you followed the a specific path. And they repeated too much. This game was more varied, could be defeated by force and were in areas where you can move around. All the bosses in the first game could be killed through force too (last QTE boss not included, this game did that better), although the Keeper had that respawn mechanic so he was an exception. Laura was doable but also kind of a bullet sponge although we always had environmental hazards to help against her.

I thought Obscura and Guardian (and Animus though it wasn't really a boss) were on par but the rest were kind of lacking. I meant in terms of design. The flamethrower boss was just a bullet sponge with pretty lame design, Stefano himself was just the Evil Within boss version of Wesker, and that giant lamp post thing was just Amalgam Alpha-lite. I thought this one kind of blew its boss-load by chapter 5 (you'd already had your main encounters with Obscura and Guardian by then, although those two were easily just as good in design as the bosses in the first game). The second also reused Obscura, Guardian, and the flamethrower boss. The Keeper/Laura/Sadist fight in the second was the highlight of the entire second half IMO

EDIT: Actually, now that I really think about it and take a count, this game is pretty similar to the first. It had two boss designs that really blew away everything else, most bosses were bullet sponges you beat through brute force and had the environment to help on, had those boss encounters done and out of the way in the first 5-7 chapters, and reused those bosses. I guess I just prefer Laura and the Keeper to Guardian and Obscura although Laura and Guardian were the two biggest stand outs of the series design wise.

Nemesis X
They updated the game today with a first person mode.

zxpepBGM6Lo

BackFire
That looks ****ing awesome. I'm really digging first person horror games, RE7 was probably my favorite game in the series since RE2. I'm all for more games putting it in. Will have to get this.

Smasandian
That's amazing.

I really, really enjoyed Evil Within 2. I'm not sure how I can explain it but the setting and atmosphere really sucked me in. I loved how they opened up the areas you explore but still retain the scripted events.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
That's amazing.

I really, really enjoyed Evil Within 2. I'm not sure how I can explain it but the setting and atmosphere really sucked me in. I loved how they opened up the areas you explore but still retain the scripted events. Yeah agreed. This was my favorite horror game to come out in some time. I'm honestly surprised it overtook RE7 for me. Damn good game. I'll work on getting the 1000g gamer score on it after I finish my exams in a few months time and I'm definitely looking forward to playing it in first person at least once (I'm more of a third person kind of guy but I'm up for switching it up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.