Who can tank a shot from a Deathstar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
https://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2016/12/Rogue-One-Death-Star.jpg

Colossus
Thing
Aquaman
Namor
Krypto
Superboy
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

DarkSaint85
Brit.

Galan007
There is a HUGE difference between merely surviving the blast(which numerous characters can do), and "tanking" it. Tanking implies that it wouldn't faze them in the slightest... So if that is indeed the intent here, I don't see anyone below the trans-tier outright tanking a blast from the Death Star without the use of shielding... And even that's pushing it, imo. /shrug

Damborgson
Krypto barks and the beam shoots back at the death star.

spetznaz
Tanking a Death Star? None of the people listed (and all the various pop heroes on KMC ranging from those with spit curls to those with green skin and anger control issues) would tank a blast from a Death Star. That's a planet destroying beam, and you would need a certain level of power to survive that (let alone tank it).

leonidas
none tank it. i doubt any of them survive it tbh. ww could with bracers up, but standing and letting it hit? they all die. aside from ww, i don't think any of them have anything close to showing that suggests they can withstand planet-destroying blast.

tkitna
I think Krypto and WW could survive it, but nothing close to tanking it. MM could go intangible and survive, but thats not what the threads about.

zopzop
None of them survive. Least dead among them is Krypto.

basilisk
Krypto lives

cdtm
A lantern probably could, with proper shielding, considering some of the things they've taken.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
A lantern probably could, with proper shielding, considering some of the things they've taken.

I would think a Lantern with time to make a proper shield could easily tank this blast. Haven't they tanked black holes and supernova's?

Though I guess it needs to be pointed out the apparent ease with which the planet was obliterated, it's probably far above planet busting.

Originally posted by basilisk
Krypto lives

PC Krypto is the only one who could tank this attack.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Surtur
I would think a Lantern with time to make a proper shield could easily tank this blast. Haven't they tanked black holes and supernova's?

Though I guess it needs to be pointed out the apparent ease with which the planet was obliterated, it's probably far above planet busting.

PC Krypto is the only one who could tank this attack.

That's their auto-shields, not what they themselves make.

cdtm
John Stewarts auto shields held against an entire planet made of anti matter going off.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
John Stewarts auto shields held against an entire planet made of anti matter going off.

Yeah, I remember he had to protect Superman from that explosion, right?

Err, I mean..Superman allowed him to think he was protecting him.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, I remember he had to protect Superman from that explosion, right?

Err, I mean..Superman allowed him to think he was protecting him.

.....that was Martian Manhunter that John Stewart protected.

Surtur
My bad, I knew he protected someone else in that instance.

h1a8
None would survive it if it hit without resistance ( shields, etc

cdtm
Yep, that was Jim Starlin writing the only black guy having a "nigga moment" and losing the only planet on the list. wink

Like John would run off half cocked ranting about how only a Green Lantern can handle this, and Mr. Martian would just get in the way then WHOOPS YELLOW. Didn't see that coming!

DTM
I dont see any of these guys surviving a blast that with a single shot can utterly destroy a planet. That kind of durability is like Superman, Surfer, Thanos, etc level to me, and even they would take some serious damage from the blast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.