Superman VERSUS KMC Trans Tier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
This is KMC's Trans Tier

Amazo, Appolyon, The Asgardian Destroyer, Black Racer, Blackheart, Blaze, Count Abyss, Death Urge, Despero, The Doctor, Doomsday (H/P), Dr. Fate, Eclipso, Elders of the Universe (minus Ego), Fernus, Gog, Gray Man, High Evolutionary, Ion (current), Jenny Quantum, The Keeper, King Thor, Magus (original), Mangog, Mongul I (Pre Crisis), Nightmare, Onimar Synn, Onslaught, Queen of Fables, Resurrection Man 1 Million, Sentinel (Alan Scott), Silver Age Kryptonians/Daxamites, Solusandra, Stayne, Strange Visitor, Sun Eater, Superboy Prime, Superman 1 Million, Takion, Thanos, Tyrant (powered down), Validus

THIS is what Superman DOES to those on the list!!!

http://i.imgur.com/KpnErGom.jpg

Appolyon- ANNIHILATED
Blaze- EVISCERATED
Despero- DOMINATED
Doctor- DESTROYED
Doomsday(H/P}-OBLITERATED
Dr. Fate- BROKEN
Eclipso- DEMOLISHED
Elders- ALL ELDERS FALL!!!
Fernus- DECIMATED
Gog- PULVERIZED
Gray Man- DIES
High Evolutionary- RAVAGED
ION- HUMBLED
Jenny Quantum- SHATTERED
The Keeper- INCINERATED
King Thor- STOMPED
Magus- WHIPPED
Mangog- THRASHED
Mongul- MAULED
Nightmare- CRIPPLED
Onimar Synn- BEHEADED
Onslaught-WRECKED
Queen Of Fables- BRUTALIZED
Resurrection Man- SMASHED
Sentinel- EUTHANIZED
Solusandra- SPLINTERED
Stayne- WOODCHIPPED
Sun Eater- FRACTURED
Takion-TRAMPLED
Thanos-EMO ERADICATION
Tyrant-SMOKED

I am SURE you will agree.

carver9
Lol

ghostman
you should have added mollywhopped in there too

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by ghostman
you should have added mollywhopped in there too

I'm reserving that one.

Be patient!

Digi
LoB's shenanigans aside, this isn't the worst idea as a topic for discussion. The top members of the High Herald tier can certainly hang with some Trans. beings. Surfer and Thor are other good examples. Now, they should lose the vast majority of the time. But, for example, Supes might pull wins on a few in Trans. with speedblitzes. If they gets shields up, it's over, but it's still conceivable. I couldn't find any wins for him outside of speedblitz scenarios though. Anyone else (legitimately) see any?

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
LoB's shenanigans aside, this isn't the worst idea as a topic for discussion. The top members of the High Herald tier can certainly hang with some Trans. beings. Surfer and Thor are other good examples. Now, they should lose the vast majority of the time. But, for example, Supes might pull wins on a few in Trans. with speedblitzes. If they gets shields up, it's over, but it's still conceivable. I couldn't find any wins for him outside of speedblitz scenarios though. Anyone else (legitimately) see any?

Which ones would you give him wins on? Thanos? Why is Mongul a trans tier?

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
Which ones would you give him wins on? Thanos? Why is Mongul a trans tier?

It's PC Mongul; different beast than later versions. You'd have to ask someone else for specifics though.

The Authority's big guns are glass cannons (Doctor and Jenny). Give them a split second and Superman would be toast (like, literally, he could be turned into a piece of toast). But they can also be blitzed. Maybe Sentinel Alan too, who has more raw power but Alan's a nanosecond lobotomy away from being useless if he doesn't bring strong-enough shields up immediately.

I think Thanos beats him. He's come down half a peg in the last decade or so, granted, but nothing's been made non-canon so he still has all his old team-busting and Skyfather-staredown feats to fall back on.

LordofBrooklyn
It's PC Mongul; different beast than later versions. You'd have to ask someone else for specifics though.

The Authority's big guns are glass cannons (Doctor and Jenny). Give them a split second and Superman would be toast (like, literally, he could be turned into a piece of toast). But they can also be blitzed. Maybe Sentinel Alan too, who has more raw power but Alan's a nanosecond lobotomy away from being useless if he doesn't bring strong-enough shields up immediately.

I think Thanos beats him. He's come down half a peg in the last decade or so, granted, but nothing's been made non-canon so he still has all his old team-busting and Skyfather-staredown feats to fall back on.

I ALREADY gave you the definitive list, there is no NEED for conjecture!!!

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Galan007
In all honesty, I would say Superman has a far more extensive history of overcoming beings FAR beyond his tier, than any other comic character.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hmmm...he could best Jenny, HE maybe, a couple elders, the doctor if he gets the drop, maybe more I haven't thought of

Stop stealing people thread ideas lob you unimaginative phuck

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
In all honesty, I would say Superman has a far more extensive history of overcoming beings FAR beyond his tier, than any other comic character.

Wrong.

Philosophía
In all honesty, I would say Superman has a far more extensive history of overcoming beings FAR beyond his tier, than any other comic character. thumb up

It's not even close.

Insane Titan
Waste of a thread.

Digi

Agreed. Who from LoB's list would you give him wins over, though?

celeyhyga17
So this is basically the Superman slicing through the probes.
He could definitely take Despero, High Evo, a few of the Elders, Amazo... List is too long my head is spinning. Probably a few more.

iceman24567
In all honesty, I would say Superman has a far more extensive history of overcoming beings FAR beyond his tier, than any other comic character. thumb up The poster child for beating opponents way above his weight class

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up The poster child for beating opponents way above his weight class

Spider-Man, Batman, and Dr.Doom say "Hello".

iceman24567
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Spider-Man, Batman, and Dr.Doom say "Hello". None of them compare

Galan007
Agreed. Who from LoB's list would you give him wins over, though? If we are truly staying in-line with Superman's character history, and truly considering the plethora of times he has stepped beyond his 'regular' tier... Taking into account the plethora of times he has beaten opponents who should have been vastly beyond himself... Then we should really be trying to figure out who he *couldn't* beat on that list, imo.

DarkSaint85
Even those who have outright beat him?

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Even those who have outright beat him? Sure.

H/P/DD Wars Doomsday was, for example, portrayed as far above him, yet in OWAW it was directly stated that if he wanted to, he could end Doomsday right there once he cut loose .

It helps if you imagine the Imperiex Probes as the generic trans-level character . Read most of Superman's fights with Imperiex Probes at the beginning, and then read the ones from the end in space - the gulf between performances is simply ridiculous. That's...basically Superman moving a few tiers above his beatable 'normal'.

carver9
Crazy that people site one arc as a consistent on a character power level. It's like me siting Doc Green fight against Red Hulk that grew so powerful that it was said no being on Earth could stop him but Hulk. I digress.

Sin I AM
Crazy that people site one arc as a consistent on a character power level. It's like me siting Doc Green fight against Red Hulk that grew so powerful that it was said no being on Earth could stop him but Hulk. I digress.

It's just that Clark has the best record of fighting outside his weight class followed by Norrin et Thor...

carver9
It's just that Clark has the best record of fighting outside his weight class followed by Norrin et Thor...

Off one arc? That's all I see brought up tbh whereas the other have a long history of showings fighting outside their tier, especially Thor.

Galan007
Even those who have outright beat him? Not saying he would defeat every single being in the tier or whathaveyou. However, I *do* think he'd beat the large majority of them if we factor-in the consistent highs he's had throughout his history. /shrug

Galan007
It's just that Clark has the best record of fighting outside his weight class followed by Norrin et Thor... It just really pisses carver off that no one is wanking Hulk right now. That's why he's hating. thumb up

carver9
It just really pisses carver off that no one is wanking Hulk right now. That's why he's hating. thumb up

Really? confused

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/hLX1WMN.gif

Sin I AM
Off one arc? That's all I see brought up tbh whereas the other have a long history of showings fighting outside their tier, especially Thor.

Superman is the quintessential cape. When you think of the penultimate hero his image comes immediately to mind. Let's put it this way...ignore retcons. Merge every single version of him into one amalgamation. Do the same thing for Hulk, Thor, Cap Marvel, whoever...then average them out. Supes is far and away leagues ahead of his peers.

Add to the fact that his powers are more plot driven than any other character. You will never find another hero that stands on equal footing or that consistently does the things he does by simply "willing" it.

Now to be clear I am by no means a fangirl. I actually like Thor more. I'm just going off what I've seen him do across every medium. If he wants to win he will win period. I hope you understand this...trying not to be condescending.

Digi
If we are truly staying in-line with Superman's character history, and truly considering the plethora of times he has stepped beyond his 'regular' tier... Taking into account the plethora of times he has beaten opponents who should have been vastly beyond himself... Then we should really be trying to figure out who he *couldn't* beat on that list, imo.

Interesting. I guess I just don't agree to that extent, then. I'd be willing to add a couple to the list I suggested earlier, but most in Trans. would run through him like butter unless we're very generous about high-end v. low-end feat (imo).

h1a8

Superman hasn't really fought uninhibited many times. Stuff like averages has no meaning here. For instance, WBH can't be averaged with Savage Hulk. Two different incarnations.

carver9
Superman is the quintessential cape. When you think of the penultimate hero his image comes immediately to mind. Let's put it this way...ignore retcons. Merge every single version of him into one amalgamation. Do the same thing for Hulk, Thor, Cap Marvel, whoever...then average them out. Supes is far and away leagues ahead of his peers.

Add to the fact that his powers are more plot driven than any other character. You will never find another hero that stands on equal footing or that consistently does the things he does by simply "willing" it.

Now to be clear I am by no means a fangirl. I actually like Thor more. I'm just going off what I've seen him do across every medium. If he wants to win he will win period. I hope you understand this...trying not to be condescending.

Doesn't this apply to every character though...well, hero? The only reason it seems so different for people like Spiderman and Superman is because they star in more comic than someone like Thor but with their highs, they develop far more lows.

Overall, I agree with what you are saying but I just wouldn't use Thor is trans tier or anywhere close to it even though he have some of the best showings against Skyfathers and trans tiers looking at his average.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman hasn't really fought uninhibited many times. Stuff like averages has no meaning here. For instance, WBH can't be averaged with Savage Hulk. Two different incarnations.

True but I wouldn't use one arc as a determination of what someone could do here or Savage Hulk is Abstract level. One arc doesn't put someone over their peers.

Sin I AM
Doesn't this apply to every character though...well, hero? The only reason it seems so different for people like Spiderman and Superman is because they star in more comic than someone like Thor but with their highs, they develop far more lows.

Overall, I agree with what you are saying but I just wouldn't use Thor is trans tier or anywhere close to it even though he have some of the best showings against Skyfathers and trans tiers looking at his average.

Short answer yes. Moreso to superman than any other character in comics

Did someone claim Superman was trans tier?

h1a8
Interesting. I guess I just don't agree to that extent, then. I'd be willing to add a couple to the list I suggested earlier, but most in Trans. would run through him like butter unless we're very generous about high-end v. low-end feat (imo).

Superman operating at highest ability can cut through some trans beings in one stroke (like he did the probes). But most importantly his speed and perception will allow him to see most beings almost frozen in time. Think about it. If he's operating with those perceptions and speed then it will be very difficult just to land a single blow. His strength and HV will be off the charts. He could conceivably cut through many very quickly.

One last thing, Odin and other skyfather level characters has been knocked around and busted up by supposedly lower beings before.

LordofBrooklyn
Stop stealing people thread ideas lob you unimaginative phuck

SILENCE YOUR FOOL MOUTH, WENCH!!!!

THE DAY THE MIGHTY LOB HAS TO STEAL ANYTHING FROM YOU IS THE DAY REALITY ITSELF COLLAPSES!!!

LordofBrooklyn

STOP POSTURING AND POST YOUR LIST, UNBELIEVER!!

JBL
Superman will not win a single match.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Superman will not win a single match.

WHORISH LIES!!!!!!!!

-Pr-
You've been asked to stop yelling at people. Now I'm telling you. Stop it.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by -Pr-
You've been asked to stop yelling at people. Now I'm telling you. Stop it.

Listen, very closely!

Back. Off.

krisblaze
Even those who have outright beat him?

He just wasnt trying hard enough, is what they will say.

Philosophía
Originally posted by krisblaze
He just wasnt trying hard enough, is what they will say. Well, as funny as that sounds...it's true. That's clearly shown in OWAW, where he needs special conditions to truly achieve his all-out state and, once he does, he is at least two tiers above his usual self.

Warrior Madness

That's correct.

staxamillion
if this is true and im not disagreeing then does he really fight above his tier or does actually just unleash more power?

Galan007
Not only does Superman more fully tap the power reserves at his disposal when he 'cuts loose', but during increased times of stress, his body actually starts absorbing/metabolizing/storing additional solar energy... In essence, further amping his powers.

That is not just my opinion, mind you, that is established canon fact:
http://i.imgur.com/fUQoWRy.jpg

krisblaze
Yes.

That is why he's in the high herald category.

I never understood why you assumed Superman's base is equal to Thor or Surfer going all out.

psycho gundam
Not only does Superman more fully tap the power reserves at his disposal when he 'cuts loose', but during increased times of stress, his body actually starts absorbing/metabolizing/storing additional solar energy... In essence, further amping his powers.

That is not just my opinion, mind you, that is established canon fact:
http://i.imgur.com/fUQoWRy.jpg That's not what that says. What he's saying is that Superman becomes more energy efficient or to be more exact, his ability to use solar energies becomes closer to a perfect storage battery. All batteries lose energy over time even when not being directly used to power something

DarkSaint85
Carver cheerleading iminent.

I'm surprised at some of the responses here. It essentially makes Superman trans, which his average does not portray.

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
That's not what that says. That is EXACTLY what the scan says, lol.

The more stress he's under(ie. ANY decent battle), the more solar energy he retains. IOW, his body naturally begins processing/metabolizing the energy more efficiently, which bolsters his powers and allows him to tap into his reserves for a much longer amount of time. This also gives his reserves a greater depth than they already had, as there is more there for him to access.

...That is actually a fairly decent way to try and explain(via faux-science) *why* he can overcome such extreme odds as consistently as he does.

I'm surprised at some of the responses here. It essentially makes Superman trans, which his average does not portray. I would certainly hope you aren't referring to me, as I have made it abundantly clear that I am talking *solely* about Superman's consistent HIGH-end portrayals... NOT his average.

Adam Grimes
Watch your mouth Darksaint.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.