Exar Kun vs. Vitiate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
This is Exar Kun in his prime. This is Vitiate right after he absorbed Nathema. Who wins? Duel takes place in the plains of Dantooine.

Azronger
Exar stomps

deathslash
Originally posted by Azronger
Exar stomps how powerful was exar in his prime?

chingchangwalla
Exar stomps

DarthAnt66
Vitiate, obviously.

Azronger
Originally posted by deathslash
how powerful was exar in his prime?

More powerful than novel Vitiate.

Unbowed
Exar Kun.

DarthAnt66
how powerful was exar in his prime?
Less powerful than novel Vitiate.

Beniboybling
how powerful was exar in his prime? sub-Vader smile

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate in a good fight.

S_W_LeGenD
Really?

Vitiate literally dwarfs Exar Kun in power and capabilities as of SWTOR. How much power progression do you think he had in a span of 300 years since the events of Revan?

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate literally dwarfs Exar Kun in hype, power and capabilities as of SWTOR. How much power progression do you think he had in a span of 300 years since the events of Revan?

Your assessment is off and the sources you cling to for it do not identify acknowledge of Vitiate. Exar Kun's hype is valid for only the KNOWN aspects of the galaxy at the time. Vitiate was a hidden threat during those years.

Beniboybling
#triggered

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

I just addressed his point. These topics do not trigger me.

Beniboybling
https://imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate literally dwarfs Exar Kun in hype, power and capabilities as of SWTOR. How much power progression do you think he had in a span of 300 years since the events of Revan?

Your assessment is off and the sources you cling to for it do not identify acknowledge of Vitiate. Exar Kun's hype is valid for only the KNOWN aspects of the galaxy at the time. Vitiate was a hidden threat during those years.

Vitiate was actively draining Revan for those three centuries, so I imagine he grew quite a lot.

They don't have to outright mention Vitiate for him to be included in the quote. And nowhere is it stated Kun's quote only applies to the known galaxy. Stop using contexts that don's exist.

samappo
This is Vitiate before he used the massive ritual on Nathema though?

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate was actively draining Revan for those three centuries, so I imagine he grew quite a lot.
Siphoning energy of a subject does not nets the wielder considerable gains in strength over a period of time. Much of that energy went into satiating Vitiate's hunger (confirmed to be a side-effect of his immortality in KoTET).

They don't have to outright mention Vitiate for him to be included in the quote. And nowhere is it stated Kun's quote only applies to the known galaxy. Stop using contexts that don's exist.
1. Those sources are outdated.
2. You need to prove that an outdated source holds precedence over content that came after it, that revisions/reassessments are unnecessary.
3. TOR sources cover Exar Kun and do not affirm his superiority over Vitiate at any point in history.

Your FANON standing on this issue, has no value.

Geistalt
You also forgot to mention that there were OTHER folks Vitiate drained. Like the Hand.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Geistalt
You also forgot to mention that there were OTHER folks Vitiate drained. Like the Hand.
So?

How much do you think Palpatine gained from siphoning the energy of his subjects on Byss over a period of time? Not much.

Azronger
Siphoning energy of a subject does not nets the wielder considerable gains in strength over a period of time. Much of that energy went into satiating Vitiate's hunger (confirmed to be a side-effect of his immortality in KoTET).

Oh, so Vitiate has a hunger that needs to be sated now?

And if your immortality needs to be prolonged then it's not immortality. laughing out loud

That's only the case if they were retconned. Provide said retcon or stop saying they're outdated.

No I don't since the content isn't outdated. laughing out loud

Irrelevant, unless a they retconned something.

Correct thumb up

Beniboybling
So?

How much do you think Palpatine gained from siphoning the energy of his subjects on Byss over a period of time? Not much. On what basis? Kek.

S_W_LeGenD
Oh, so Vitiate has a hunder that needs to be sated now?

And if your immortality needs to be prolonged then it's not immortality. laughing out loud
That revelation is in the novel as well; KoTET expanded on it. This shows how much you really know about TOR.

True immortality is not possible because nobody is omnipotent in Star Wars, my son. Even The Father was dying.

That's only the case if they were retconned. Provide said retcon or stop saying they're outdated.
A source becomes outdated (automatically) in an ever-expanding lore. Your judgement is faulty.

No I don't since the content isn't outdated. laughing out loud
It is.

Irrelevant, unless a they retconned something.
Retcons are not necessarily established directly. They can be implied as well.

Do some reading: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Retcon

Correct thumb up
Idiots never heed an advice.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
On what basis? Kek.
Here:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4221875-3643360187-19943.jpg

Beniboybling
Yeah not seeing it, try again maybe?

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Get your eyes checked, maybe?

Palpatine is telling Lord Vader that his energy-siphoning effort in Byss is merely slowing the decay of his crude matter.

Beniboybling
As opposed to granting him immortality. Right, doesn't prove your point.

S_W_LeGenD
As opposed to granting him immortality. Right, doesn't prove your point.
Immortality is not possible from that.

Can you quantify his gains from Byss?

Beniboybling
Like Palpy said, yeah.

No I can't, so I'm curious as to how you managed. mmm

S_W_LeGenD
No I can't, so I'm curious as to how you managed. mmm
Then your argument is baseless. Prove me wrong, otherwise.

Azronger
Holy shit, Legend is dumb laughing

S_W_LeGenD
Holy shit, Legend is dumb laughing
Thanks for describing yourself.

Beniboybling
Then your argument is baseless. Prove me wrong, otherwise. No darling, the burden of proof is on you given you are the one who made the claim.

In which respect, I'm still waiting.

S_W_LeGenD
Like Palpy said, yeah.
Really?

samappo
This is Vitiate right after he gains 'immortality', or rather the power of all those Sith Lords. This is way before he even set foot on Dromund Kaas.

So anything we see him do in SWTOR is irrelevant since we are not talking about that Vitiate?

S_W_LeGenD
No darling, the burden of proof is on you given you are the one who made the claim.

In which respect, I'm still waiting.
This is the proof:

"The power of Byss will strengthen the body and the mind, merely slowing the decay of crude matter." (Palpatine)

Byss is not the key to immortality. Palpatine haven't figured it out yet.

"But we will yet discover the ultimate secret, my friend." (Palpatine)

Beniboybling
Uhuh, you said that already pally. Try to understand though that simply because it didn't make him immortal, doesn't mean he didn't gain significantly from it.

S_W_LeGenD
Uhuh, you said that already pally. Try to understand though that simply because it didn't make him immortal, doesn't mean he didn't gain significantly from it.
If 'merely slowing the decay of crude matter' constitute as significant gain to you.

Beniboybling
Nope, he's speaking specifically in terms of immortality, not in general. Try not to be such a dolt.

samappo
Yeah, that's true. You can't say for sure that he's talking in general. But we do know that he is speaking specifically about immortality.

S_W_LeGenD
Nope, he's speaking specifically in terms of immortality, not in general. Try not to be such a dolt.

Originally posted by samappo
Yeah, that's true. You can't say for sure that he's talking in general. But we do know that he is speaking specifically about immortality.

Darth Vader brought immortality into that discussion and Palpatine refuted him on that.

Palpatine was actually talking about the draining part and its benefits for him. Try to follow the flow of argument.

Beniboybling
Palpatine was responding to his question about immortality from start to finish yeah, not anything else.

On the other hand try your very best to understand that becoming stronger in mind and body would serve to do more than slow the decay of "crude matter" but make Sidious a more potent vessel for the dark side in general. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine was responding to his question about immortality yeah, not anything else.

Try your very best to understand that becoming stronger in mind and body would serve to do more than slow the decay of "crude matter" but make Sidious a more potent vessel for the dark side in general. thumb up
The "immortality" was raised as a point by Darth Vader in the 7th picture; we have 6 pictures to consider before that.

Much of that discussion is about Force Drain and its benefits. As the discussion progresses, Lord Vader assumes that such powers would eventually lead to immortality and mentions it but Palpatine disagrees with that. He informs Lord Vader that his energy-siphoning exercise is merely delaying the inevitable. He then informs Lord Vader that will figure out the secrets of immortality at some point.

You need to do better to comprehend that discussion.

Beniboybling
Very good, now try and understand what you just said.

S_W_LeGenD
Very good, now try and understand what you just said.
Immortality is the goal.

However, that goal is not attainable through Force Drain.

----

My point is that Palpatine did not gain much from his energy-siphoning effort in Byss over a period of time. If you have proof of substantial growth on his part by virtue of that effort, kindly present it.

Beniboybling
Yes. And I'm guessing that break is intended to represent the leap in logic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.