What spin-off films do you want?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
It might come at a surprise, but my number one film I want, by far, is a Dooku film on his fall.

TenebrousWay
Vader immediately after Mustafar.

Rebel95
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Vader immediately after Mustafar.
Or just sometime before ANH when he's hunting down any remaining jedi

NewGuy01
Rise of Darth Vader would make a fair movie, although I'm not sure it'd be fitting. I'm not sure Dooku's fall is really movie-worthy, and I couldn't possibly consent to it without Christopher Lee, even if it was.

Rebel95
I wish they were doing the Boba Fett spinoff instead of the Han Solo one. Not excited at all for it tbh

DarthAnt66
No one is, from what I can tell.

Geistalt
Across the Galaxy over the Course of a Dark-Sider's Childhood

or

How Kylo Ren Slaughtered the Next Generation of Jedi

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Rebel95
Or just sometime before ANH when he's hunting down any remaining jedi

I'm more interested to see how he dealt with his defeat at the hands of his former master, how he recovered from his wounds, reworked his saber technique to work with his prosthesis and especially - how it affected his connection with the Force and how it psychologically affected him. I'd also like to see how he felt when he figured out that he got utterly played by Palps.

Rebel95
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
I'm more interested to see how he dealt with his defeat at the hands of his former master, how he recovered from his wounds, reworked his saber technique to work with his prosthesis and especially - how it affected his connection with the Force and how it psychologically affected him. I'd also like to see how he felt when he figured out that he got utterly played by Palps.
I agree, but the new Darth Vader comic is going to cover all of that I'm sure.

Rockydonovang
I want tfa retconned and an actual sequel trilogy about the new jedi order

DarthAnt66
Chance of that happening is lower than them canonizing Revan with his own six-part movie saga featuring the Ones.

Rockydonovang
The topic asks what films I want, not what'll happen.

And what I want is an actual Sequel trilogy that spins of the bones of the fck up that is TFA

DarthAnt66
TFA was a 9/10 for me, honestly. Only thing I didn't care for was Starkiller Base.

chingchangwalla
TFA was shit. More stuff like Rogue One

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
TFA was a 9/10 for me, honestly. Only thing I didn't care for was Starkiller Base.
I'm fine with it as a stand alone film(the protagonists make up for the villians imo)

My problem with it is as a starwars film and it's premise which makes the saga before completely pointless

Beniboybling
Nothing about a pre-existing character.

quanchi112
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
TFA was shit. More stuff like Rogue One Oh please. Rogue One was vastly inferior to TFA. Better characters, better story, better special effects, and betting pacing.

quanchi112
Maul, Bane or anything in another era than the three we have already. I'd love to see Darth Plaguies as well but realize that's a tougher sell.

Fated Xtasy
Eh Plagueis' introduction into the movie series would be strange.

It would be extremely political, less fighting and more dialogue. Which I doubt disney wants considering the fanbase.

Kurk
Without Christopher Lee no-one should touch Dooku. He can have back-role maybe but that's it.

I'd love to see one on some more non-force sensitives, possibly the mandalorians, as they too play a large role in the SW universe.

Fated Xtasy
You know what would be an excellent stand-alone film?

The Gaalidran event. It would allow for a younger actor to play Dooku, give us Dooku's past history, and add validity to the Mandos and even Jango.

Plus it could end on Dooku accepting Jinn as his padawan.

Doesn't have to be Gaalidran but something similar.

Beniboybling
For my stand-alone film, I want the event where Bane TKs a moon and flys over to it on a drexl.

Would be very cinematic.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rebel95
I agree, but the new Darth Vader comic is going to cover all of that I'm sure.

When's that starting?

Rebel95
June or July I believe, I could be wrong though

Darth Thor
^ Thanks

Kurk
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You know what would be an excellent stand-alone film?

The Gaalidran event. It would allow for a younger actor to play Dooku, give us Dooku's past history, and add validity to the Mandos and even Jango.

Plus it could end on Dooku accepting Jinn as his padawan.

Doesn't have to be Gaalidran but something similar. not a bad idea

Petrus
A dark Mandalorian film starring a young Jango would be awesome.

|King Joker|
I think we need to expand the SW universe and shy away from using existing characters.

Beniboybling
thumb up tbfh

Kurk
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I think we need to expand the SW universe and shy away from using existing characters. I mean I guess that would be better; Disney wouldn't ruin existing characters with their sjw agenda.

Zenwolf
Bleh I really gotta manage better.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Kurk
I mean I guess that would be better; Disney wouldn't ruin existing characters with their sjw agenda. You're a retard

Kurk
You're a retard https://youtu.be/WmNnn8_t8Yo?t=3s

Petrus
I agree shying away from existing characters is a great idea, but I'd love it even more if they didn't only do that but also shy away from the PT and OT. Rebels has new characters and it's still not very good. I'd like to see something completely new or at least something we've never seen on-screen.

|King Joker|
I agree.

Though obviously an exception should be made for Lady Tano. smile

Petrus
Of course you'd say that, lol.

I'd really like a series based on the events that happened at least a couple hundred years prior to the PT.

Fated Xtasy
I think we need to expand the SW universe and shy away from using existing characters.

From a sales standpoint, that's not wise.

The OT and PT are cash cows. Neither Disney nor it's affilates are going to place their bets on a different era of time unless its the New Saga.

I feel like PT or OT centered movies are more likely to be coming to us than anything else. Companies like whats safe, especially when it comes to already established sagas

Petrus
Well, Rebels' protags were all unknown characters up until some familiar faces started popping up. They did take a small risk there.

But yeah, I doubt they have the balls to risk it with a completely new storyline and completely new characters from a different era.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Petrus
Well, Rebels' protags were all unknown characters up until some familiar faces started popping up. They did take a small risk there.

The show was actually much better when the GI and Agent Callus were the main villains.

Originally posted by Petrus

But yeah, I doubt they have the balls to risk it with a completely new storyline and completely new characters from a different era.

Well thing is, it has to still shout "Star Wars" to people, otherwise these films won't make a Billion+ each. That's why they're playing it safe.

The Merchant
Boba, Vader, and Rogue Squadron. After that the OT need should be fulfilled.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The show was actually much better when the GI and Agent Callus were the main villains.

Agree. They should've kept it as a low powered campaign. big grin

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kurk
I mean I guess that would be better; Disney wouldn't ruin existing characters with their sjw agenda.
Yeah but I mean, unconstrained by preestablished elements of the time period, they'd have much more artistic liberty to say... construct an evil organization that is actually legitimately white supremacist or patriarchal, and have it overthrown by a diversity alliance or something.

Trocity
If they made a movie with Vader as the lead, after Lords of the Sith and before Rogue One, that would be wonderful. He is the most iconic character in the mythos, people would flock to it imo.

Beniboybling
For some shitty CGI fest? Nah. On-screen Vader should be used sparingly, and certainly shouldn't be the lead of any movie.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
From a sales standpoint, that's not wise.

The OT and PT are cash cows. Neither Disney nor it's affilates are going to place their bets on a different era of time unless its the New Saga.

I feel like PT or OT centered movies are more likely to be coming to us than anything else. Companies like whats safe, especially when it comes to already established sagas You're right, but with proper marketing, it could definitely work. I mean, no one knew what the **** the Guardians of the Galaxy were when that shit was announced (at least I don't think -- I know I certainly didn't), but that did very well. If they make a good movie and know how to sell it, it'd be fine.

ares834

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
If they made a movie with Vader as the lead, after Lords of the Sith and before Rogue One, that would be wonderful. He is the most iconic character in the mythos, people would flock to it imo. Fanboy alert.

relentless1
Sidious comin up or Sidious and Dooku in between ep 1 and 2

nfactor1995
I'd be down to see a Boba Fett movie, and rise of Darth Vader movie, a Darth Plagueis movie, or maybe even a young Qui-Gon movie

Rebel95
Originally posted by nfactor1995
I'd be down to see a Boba Fett movie, and rise of Darth Vader movie, a Darth Plagueis movie, or maybe even a young Qui-Gon movie
Yes. A Boba Fett movie would be bad ass with all the special effects we have now, same with Darth Vader. A Plagueis movie would be alright, and I wouldn't be that interested in a Qui Gon movie tbh

samappo
Originally posted by quanchi112
Fanboy alert.

The irony.

Rebel95
Originally posted by samappo
The irony.
laughing out loud

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It might come at a surprise, but my number one film I want, by far, is a Dooku film on his fall.

They'd have to get the right actor though. Which would be hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.