Does Spiderman have Dynamic strength???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
I've seen this brought up in a lot of Spiderman threads and I'm wondering how the board feels about this. Does he truly have dynamic strength and if you feel as if he does, what showings make you think this?

AlmightyKfish
I mean, he does in the sense that all comic characters basically do.

In the right circumstances almost every super hero is going to be able to lift/break/catch something bigger or heavier than their stats indicate they should be able to.

JBL
Yes he does by KMC standards. He went from not being able to defeat Firelord then dropped his mental blocks and rose above Herald level then wrecked firelord who has given Thor and Surfer fits.

carver9
Lololololol...I like that.

TethAdamTheRock
Only Hulk has Dynamic strength

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Yes he does by KMC standards. He went from not being able to defeat Firelord then dropped his mental blocks and rose above Herald level then wrecked firelord who has given Thor and Surfer fits.

See also his fights with Kingpin. Kingpin went from humilating Spidey, to being absolutely trounced by Pete when he was serious.

Also, what happened when Doc Ock took control of him. He realised just how much Peter holds back when fighting.

golem370
One of my favorite pics

https://www.google.com/search?q=Spider-Man+with+wrecking+ball&client=tablet-android-sprint-us&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKs_ixgfzSAhUIjVQKHcsTAvAQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=600#imgrc=CkpnVNEJlEUpUM:

RealityWarper
Originally posted by JBL

Not really.

It is more that he overwhelmed Firelord's reflexes by hit & running like a crazy.

golem370
I always compared to a bee sting, you will survive one but getting stung thousands of times in a minute will kill you.

SamZED
I remember seeing an official bio that said that his strength can go into "uncharted territory".

As for actual in-comics feats I would say yes it is. And current Spider-man writers seem to fully acknowledge that. A little spoiler alert. In the recent ASM story we find out that Jackal resurrected Ben Reily and in order to prevent him from breaking free literally grew him into metal shackles that Ben was not strong enough to break. When Ben was telling this story to Peter he told him that in order to break these shackles that were too strong for him he tried to get himself in the Mood, the same way Peter "always used to do" in order to perform a strength feat he physically should not be able to do.

DarkSaint85
thumb up We're all in agreement, then. This was a good thread.

TheHulk
Okay another question then, what are his limits?

Smurph
Originally posted by golem370
I always compared to a bee sting, you will survive one but getting stung thousands of times in a minute will kill you. lol, but that's from poison...

golem370
I am going by the pain of repeated stings not the poison

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheHulk

Blue Beetle. He shouldn't surpass a competent mid or high meta

JayDaDon
Originally posted by SamZED
I remember seeing an official bio that said that his strength can go into "uncharted territory".

As for actual in-comics feats I would say yes it is. And current Spider-man writers seem to fully acknowledge that. A little spoiler alert. In the recent ASM story we find out that Jackal resurrected Ben Reily and in order to prevent him from breaking free literally grew him into metal shackles that Ben was not strong enough to break. When Ben was telling this story to Peter he told him that in order to break these shackles that were too strong for him he tried to get himself in the Mood, the same way Peter "always used to do" in order to perform a strength feat he physically should not be able to do.

Or the time he said Phuck Physics and broke Ock's carbonadium arms. If nothing else, atleast Slott is a big believer in Spidey's dynamic strength under pressure.

Pillow Biter
Clearly, all superheroes have an adrenaline-like ability to dial it up a notch or two. But some seem to have this more than others. It's a spectrum.
That said, while Spidey might effectively be more dynamic than others, I wouldn't say it reaches the point where we'd include it under the 'dynamic power' label. Few qualify as such.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yes, the cockier he gets the stronger he is.

lawest9
Originally posted by golem370
I always compared to a bee sting, you will survive one but getting stung thousands of times in a minute will kill you.
👍

DarkSaint85
http://orig08.deviantart.net/8d35/f/2015/358/3/1/superior_spider_man_strength_by_pokesega64-d9lazas.jpg

Mental blocks, holding back.

cdtm
Originally posted by TheHulk

Just below Iron Fist's. wink

KingD19
SPidey doesn't have dynamic strength imo. As it's pointed out, he's actually so strong, he holds back so he doesn't hurt anyone. Like how Hulk always manages to not hurt innocent bystanders when he's flipping buildings and stuff.

There are times he needs to access that strength, but not always so it's easier to hold back and struggle than go all out and murder people on accident.

random letters
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I mean, he does in the sense that all comic characters basically do.

In the right circumstances almost every super hero is going to be able to lift/break/catch something bigger or heavier than their stats indicate they should be able to.

Pretty much this. If the writer wants him to do something he shouldn't normally be able to in order to advance the plot, then he does.

Smurph
Superman, Hulk, Iron Fist and others have 'dynamic strength' as part of their powerset - because their strengths are each the result of internalized energy sources (sunlight, rage, chi) that fluctuate.

If Spider-Man has 'dynamic strength', it's not in the same sense, but instead a function of CIS and writing inconsistency.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.