Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Dooku, Darth Maul, and General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
ROTS.

Azronger
Team 2 solidly.

samappo
Team 1 may have a chance is Anakin can pick off one at a time while Kenobi holds off the other two.

relentless1
Anakin can handle Dooku and Maul/Grevious are perennial jobbers so team 1 handily

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Azronger
Team 2 solidly.

MythLord
Team 2. Or, if it's Knightfall Anakin, he solos.

relentless1
Originally posted by Azronger
Team 2 solidly.

As of ROTS, Anakin easily overpowered Dooku and killed him.

Obi Wan fought Maul AND Opress to a standstill and EASILY beat Grevious, so theres a precendent for him doing well in 2 on 1 scenarios.

How exactly does team 2 "solidy" win??

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
As of ROTS, Anakin easily overpowered Dooku and killed him.

Obi Wan fought Maul AND Opress to a standstill and EASILY beat Grevious, so theres a precendent for him doing well in 2 on 1 scenarios.

How exactly does team 2 "solidy" win??

If it's "Zone" Anakin then that's a completely different scenario. But a lot of other things happened in ROTS. Before Anakin stomped Dooku, Dooku engaged both Anakin and Obi-Wan drop kicking Anakin to the floor, while Force stomping Obi-Wan.

Anakin also lost to Obi-Wan in ROTS.

So Ani wasn't consistent.

As of ROTS Maul vs Obi-Wan will still be a good fight tbh. I think adding Grievous to aid anyone will make a big difference to any 1 v 1 fights.

chingchangwalla
Dooku stops going easy on Anakin and solos smile

Rockydonovang
dooku takes out kenobi and team 2 wins or anakin wrecks house for team 1

Rebel95
Depends on Anakin's performance

Raptor22
Team 2 comfortably

relentless1
Originally posted by Darth Thor
If it's "Zone" Anakin then that's a completely different scenario. But a lot of other things happened in ROTS. Before Anakin stomped Dooku, Dooku engaged both Anakin and Obi-Wan drop kicking Anakin to the floor, while Force stomping Obi-Wan.

Anakin also lost to Obi-Wan in ROTS.

So Ani wasn't consistent.

As of ROTS Maul vs Obi-Wan will still be a good fight tbh. I think adding Grievous to aid anyone will make a big difference to any 1 v 1 fights.

Doesn't really specify which Ani it is but seeing as how ROTS Anakin handily chopped Dookus hands/head off id say its safe to go with that unless stated otherwise.

Also Grevious was such a non factor in the lightsaber fight with Obi Wan I'm willing to go as far as to say he wouldn't factor much into this fight at all.

Kurk
Dooku could solo this tbh if he plays his cards right and doesn't make the mistake of pissing of Ani

Darth Thor
Doesn't really specify which Ani it is but seeing as how ROTS Anakin handily chopped Dookus hands/head off id say its safe to go with that unless stated otherwise.

Well if you insist on going by that first Saber fight in ROTS, then Dooku stomps Kenobi, and leaves Skywalker floored which leaves a marvellous opportunity for Maul and Grievous to jump in, not long by after which it would be 3 on 1 erm

Also Grevious was such a non factor in the lightsaber fight with Obi Wan I'm willing to go as far as to say he wouldn't factor much into this fight at all.

He really wasn't a non-factor.

NTJack0
Maul is a non factor, and Grievous gets ragdolled, Anakin solos Dooku.

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku solos if he can Dun Moch Anakin again, without Sidious present.

|King Joker|
I think Kenobi would get discarded very quickly, so really it's more like a 1v3.

relentless1
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well if you insist on going by that first Saber fight in ROTS, then Dooku stomps Kenobi, and leaves Skywalker floored which leaves a marvellous opportunity for Maul and Grievous to jump in, not long by after which it would be 3 on 1 erm

He really wasn't a non-factor.

Dooku would only be facing Anakin in this scenario, of course the two Jedi would pair off with there respective opponents... and yes Grevious was a non factor, Kenobi was barely trying when his disarmed Greivous and once he was done playing around with him he Force pushed him and knocked him senseless. Id call that a non factor.

UCanShootMyNova
"Kenobi was barely trying when his disarmed Greivous"

Going to need you to provide some evidence for this claim, y'know, since the actual text states that Obi Wan was nearly overwhelmed by Grievous's speed.

red8
Dooku and Maul can both overwhelm Kenobi with the force.
Dooku and Grievous can both overwhelm Kenobi with sabers.

Anakin's not going to win against all 3 of them.

Geistalt
Skywalker takes Dooku while Kenobi gets overrun by Maul and Grievous.

Then Maul and Grievous finish Anakin off.

TheNuisanceBird
Once Kenobi goes down they have Angry Anakin on their ass.

samappo
^ Anakin then stomps rofl.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by samappo
^ Anakin then stomps rofl.

It may trigger a Zonakin.

samappo
Lmao

Darth Thor
Dooku would only be facing Anakin in this scenario, of course the two Jedi would pair off with there respective opponents... and yes Grevious was a non factor, Kenobi was barely trying when his disarmed Greivous and once he was done playing around with him he Force pushed him and knocked him senseless. Id call that a non factor.

Lol Dooku took them both on Solo (in the same ROTS fight you think is the only relevant fight for Skywalker here), and still stomped Kenobi.. How would getting help from another acclaimed ex-Sith Apprentice, and a Jedi killing machine save Kenobi exactly?

30 second 1 v1 Saber fight, then having to chase him around in a big action scene, and hurting his leg kicking Grievous, then being thrown around before eventually winning, isn't a non-factor. That's a ridiculous idea. Not to mention all of their TCW fights.

Seriously I don't even need to argue or bring up the fact that Maul and Kenobi are relatively equal at this point in time. But suffice to say, if you use that first fight in ROTS, but actually Add Maul and Grievous to Dooku's side, then team Dooku seriously stomps.

relentless1
Im not trying to use that fight verbatim, I'm saying that Anakin by the time of ROTS was capable of taking Dooku down rather easily as he did. Kenobi is also capable of taking down Grevious rather easily as he also showed in that timeframe so adding Maul against these showings helps but the Jedi still would win

samappo
I'd say Anakin/Kenobi win especially if Anakin gets angry and amped.

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Geistalt
Skywalker takes Dooku while Kenobi gets overrun by Maul and Grievous.

Then Maul and Grievous finish Anakin off.
Could Maul and Grievous take Anakin? I'm sure Ani could just rape Grievous with the force straight away...

Darth Thor
Im not trying to use that fight verbatim, I'm saying that Anakin by the time of ROTS was capable of taking Dooku down rather easily as he did. Kenobi is also capable of taking down Grevious rather easily as he also showed in that timeframe so adding Maul against these showings helps but the Jedi still would win

Ah I see, so you're seeing it as Anakin V Dooku, and Kenobi V Grievous, both being stomps, and Maul has to try to help both.

Could happen that way I guess. But just as you say we know from ROTS that "Anakin was capable of taking down Dooku rather easily," well we also know that Dooku was capable of taking out Kenobi rather easily, whilst engaging both Skywalker and Kenobi solo.

So if anything like that happens again, then 3 on 1 is going to be too much for Ani. Heck 2 on 1 (Maul+Dooku vs Anakin), would likely be too much for him.

relentless1
Yes, Dooku has been shown to be Kenobi's weak point consistently throughout their encounters; this is why my scenario depends upon Ani/Obi pairing off

UCanShootMyNova
Kenobi is also capable of taking down Grevious rather easily

Where?

relentless1
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Where?

When they first fight with lightsabers Kenobi disarms Grievous rather easily despite the General having 4 lightsabers to 1, once the Clones arrive and Obi is through ****ing around he Force pushes Grievous away like a paper bag. Id say that a pretty definitive ass whoopin

Deronn_solo
lmao.

UCanShootMyNova
When they first fight with lightsabers Kenobi disarms Grievous rather easily despite the General having 4 lightsabers to 1, once the Clones arrive and Obi is through ****ing around he Force pushes Grievous away like a paper bag. Id say that a pretty definitive ass whoopin

Kenobi's defenses were being overloaded by Grievous's assault. He managed to turn the momentum by deepening his connection with the Force and slicing off one of Grievous's arms.

Landing a Force push is all well and good but it didn't do jack shit to him and unless you're trying to argue Obi Wan's TK ( or anyone's for that matter ) is faster then anybody else's it's likely he only managed to tag Grievous because he caught him off guard as we know he's capable of dodging Force blasts from the miniseries.

relentless1
lol Obi Wans defenses were nowhere near being overloaded; watch the fight in ROTS again, he almost casually takes off two of Grevious' hands with slight movements, clearly not the movements of somebody who is being overwhelmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj49nsG4ruo

also when he force pushes him they are eyeball to eyeball; he didn't catch him off guard at all, thats like saying I caught you off guard by kicking you in the chest in the middle of a cage fight, if you aren't ready for that then thats on you

UCanShootMyNova

UCanShootMyNova

chingchangwalla
Lol

samappo
Kenobi's force push disarmed Grievous entirely.

relentless1
film >> novel as far as canon goes

UCanShootMyNova
Nothing in the film contradicts the quotes I posted from the novel...

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by samappo
Kenobi's force push disarmed Grievous entirely.

Not the point. It didn't do any noticeable physical damage to him.

relentless1
no but it disarmed him just the same, had kenobi been able to hold onto his saber and use it in their final tussle it'd have been over a lot sooner and easier for Obi

UCanShootMyNova
You think any Force push Kenobi manages to land on Grievous would immediately disarm Grievous?

Geistalt
Think he can focus on disarming Grievous without getting gutted by Maul?

UCanShootMyNova
Doubtful. Maul should still be capable of telekinetically dominating him by this point tbh. Or, at the very least, distract him long enough for Grievous to retrieve his blades if he was disarmed.

Darth Thor
Yeah Maul and Grievous together stomp Kenobi hard.

And Dooku and Maul together beat Ani pretty hard. 3 on 1 with Grievous would be a total stomp.

Darth Thor
However if they fight in character, Dooku will fight Skywalker, and Maul will fight Kenobi.

relentless1
You think any Force push Kenobi manages to land on Grievous would immediately disarm Grievous?

if it smacks him against a ceiling or a wall like in ROTS yes

Rockydonovang
The question isn't if kenobi can take care of grevious via force use(given the degree tcw kenobi has ragdolled the crap out of grevious), its whether he would get the oppurtunity given grevious being far faster. And if kenobi is dealing with grevious, well we've already seen what maul can do to kenobi(albeit a prior incarnation) with his guard down or when he's distracted on florrum

UCanShootMyNova
if it smacks him against a ceiling or a wall like in ROTS yes

Do you think he'll manage that whilst simultaneously combating someone like Maul or Dooku? Because I don't think he'd allow himself to be caught in a saber lock if that's the case given the vulnerable position that would leave him in against a secondary opponent.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
The question isn't if kenobi can take care of grevious via force use(given the degree tcw kenobi has ragdolled the crap out of grevious), its whether he would get the oppurtunity given grevious being far faster. And if kenobi is dealing with grevious, well we've already seen what maul can do to kenobi(albeit a prior incarnation) with his guard down or when he's distracted on florrum

Yep.

relentless1
Do you think he'll manage that whilst simultaneously combating someone like Maul or Dooku? Because I don't think he'd allow himself to be caught in a saber lock if that's the case given the vulnerable position that would leave him in against a secondary opponent.

Kenobi wasnt in a saber lock when he did that to grievous

relentless1
Also, Kenobi is more than capable of holding his own against 4 sabers or two Sith opponents as he has shown in ROTS and TCW; based on his showings against Maul/Savage alone I say he can hold Maul and the General off long enough for Anakin to dice Dooku up and even the odds.

SunRazer
Grievous just needs to distract Obi-Wan and hold his focus whilst Maul ragdolls him out of the fight.

The outcome of the fight pretty much depends on whether this is Jedi Anakin or Sith Anakin.

UCanShootMyNova
Kenobi wasnt in a saber lock when he did that to grievous

My apologies, I was thinking of another instance in regards to Grievous being vulnerable to telekinetic counters. My main point here is, do you think Kenobi would be able to gather the power to accomplish such a feat whilst dealing with a secondary combatant without leaving himself open to counters from another Force user? This is especially relevant as both Maul and Dooku have shown the power to telekinetically dominate a prepared Kenobi in the past let alone one focusing his power on another task.

UCanShootMyNova
Also, Kenobi is more than capable of holding his own against 4 sabers or two Sith opponents as he has shown in ROTS and TCW; based on his showings against Maul/Savage alone I say he can hold Maul and the General off long enough for Anakin to dice Dooku up and even the odds.

Savage is nowhere near as formidable a lightsaber combatant as Grievous is and as Shadow Conspiracy notes the environment was in his favor and the factors leading up to Kenobi's fight with the brother's amped him. Maul himself also logically improved in regards to skill and as an overall lightsaber combatant given he was readjusting after decades of atrophy and was confirmed to have grown in power throughout the Clone Wars. In an open space Kenobi would be dominated by SoD Maul and Grievous.

Rockydonovang
Savage is nowhere near as formidable a lightsaber combatant as Grievous is and as Shadow Conspiracy notes the environment was in his favore and the factors leading up to Kenobi's fight with the Brother's amped him. Maul himself also improved in regards to skill given he was readjusting to lightsaber combat after decades of atrophy. In an open space Kenobi would be dominated by SoD Maul and Grievous.
This has been debunked so many times.

First off the factors given in sod were clearly retconned in the actual tcw fight where the brothers took seperate sides of kenobi and never got in each othe's way.

Second off, sod said nothing about kenobi being amped. That head canon came from people taking feloni's word out of context when in the same interview he denied the amplification being external. We also have multiple examples of kenobi focusing himslef at will, and his own statement he can do this.

The only circumstances favoring kenobi was him having two blades and possibly the duo being hindered by having to take seperate sides.

Kenobi had to use a secondary style which has been stated to be inferior to his use of soresu which would be a factor against him.

While it is indeed asinine to assert that kenobi can simultaneously deal with grevious(someone who is more skilled than both maul and oppress and has outdueled post season 5 kenobi)= and maul, its equally baseless to claim kenobi was amped or his performance here was circumstantial

UCanShootMyNova
"First off the factors given in sod were clearly retconned in the actual tcw fight where the brothers took seperate sides of kenobi and never got in each othe's way."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE_CVWMWK74

3:33 - 3:50.

Obi Wan isn't attacked simultaneously by both brothers at any point in the time listed above. While they are attacking him from from either side he manages to keep them both off balance and deal with them both by themselves here.

3:50 - 4:00

During this 10 seconds Obi Wan manages to fend off both Maul and Savage attacking him simultaneously. An impressive display to be sure but not one that indicates superior skill as Ventress has done the same with both Anakin and Kenobi.

4:24 - 4:36

Obi Wan is telekinetically dominated by Maul.

4:36 - 4:42

Obi Wan is able to saber lock both Maul and Savage for 6 seconds before weakening Savage's legs with several kicks and creating an opening wherein he can slice off his arm.

Immediately after Maul blasts him away.

Note, I never made claim that the brothers got in each other's way. Simply that the environment was favorable to Kenobi. Something made note of in Shadow Conspiracy.

"Second off, sod said nothing about kenobi being amped. That head canon came from people taking feloni's word out of context when in the same interview he denied the amplification being external. We also have multiple examples of kenobi focusing himslef at will, and his own statement he can do this."

IIRC Filoni claimed Gallia's death "focused" Kenobi. Mind giving me the vid and time stamp of Filoni stating the amp wasn't external?

"Kenobi had to use a secondary style which has been stated to be inferior to his use of soresu which would be a factor against him."

Common sense dictates that Kenobi would NOT have used the secondary style had it not proved more useful in the situation he found himself in making it a factor in favor of him.

"While it is indeed asinine to assert that kenobi can simultaneously deal with grevious(someone who is more skilled than both maul and oppress and has outdueled post season 5 kenobi)= and maul, its equally baseless to claim kenobi was amped or his performance here was circumstantial"

Not when we have statements asserting just that. If you're claim that Filoni commented the amp wasn't "external" is true I'll reconsider ( though even then, a focused mindset is definitely a boon in combat ).

Rockydonovang
You're missing the point. Shadow conspiracy has the enviroment being favorable to kenobi because...
A. them getting in each other's way and oppress hindering maul
B. The fight taking space in a cramped corridor for the duo because of the cramped space(which obviously isn't cramped as in the actual episode kenobi is able to fully execute the acrobatic movements of ataru) and the two of them not being able to fit in the corridor together(even though the episode has them taking both sides of kenobi and therefore not being unable to fit in the corridor.)

C. Yes he did briefly dominate kenobi(something which didn't change the outcome of the fight) while he was fighting oppress which is why kenobi isn't going to do well when he has grevious coming at him and kenobi having to focus his defense on him

As for Maul blasting kenobi, its noted both in starwars.com and sc that maul was desperate because of his brother's condition. You just have to reference ventress and oppress for an idea of how maul would be amped
D.
interviewer "so obi wan kenobi loses qui gon to darth maul and is suddenly just empowered to defeat him, obi wan loses adi galia and the same thing kinda happens. Is this sense of loss kinda empowering or is it just(gets interrupted by feloni)

feloni: "not really, its alot of focus, and it speaks to being a hero, and kindness"

Additionally there's kenobi stating he can focus himself during combat in the jedi path and him using this ability multiple times in Labrynth of Evil and Revenge of the Sith

E. Kenobi's use of ataru was because he had to deal with two opponents simultaneously

SunRazer
The brothers were getting in each other's way and were surprised by Obi-Wan's sudden aggressiveness, IIRC. It's a feat mired in circumstances, and not capable of being treated as a perfectly valid feat; not least because Maul is depicted as Obi-Wan's rival on his own.

Rockydonovang
1. The brothers cannot possibly be getting in each other's way when they're taking opposite sides of kenobi at the start of the fight and attacking kenobi from opposite sides throughout the fight.

2. The whole kenobi caught the brothers off guard thing doesn't work because unlike in sc, the fight doesn't have kenobi immediately disarm oppress. The only circunmstances which ended up in the final episode from the unfinished script sc is was kenobi having an extra blade and you could argue maul and oppress having to take seperate sides,

3. Rivals don't have to be equals and maul has never ever been potrayed as an equal via the blade with tcw kenobi(which is made up for at least in part by maul constantly showing force based superiority albeit with circumstances), In season 4 a kenobi maul ambushed and beat up with the aid of his brother stil managed to outduel him with the fight only being a stalemate/ eventual maul victory per feloni due to the use of dun moch combined with the state of physical wreckage kenobi was put in beforehand. When they were actually fighting(and by that i mean clashing with each other's blades rather than kenobi running for narnia at thin air) kenobi outmanuvered maul and retrieved his saber, took him out of the fight twice(but didn't finish him off via ventress), drove maul back when enraged, and slammed his blade to the ground. All maul actually did in the saber duel was land a kick on kenobi and then a flurry of kicks kenobi instantly recovered from. A flurry of kicks maul landed as a desperate reaction to kenobi slamming maul's blade to the ground and leaving him defensless

Even in their brief 1 v 1 prior to the cave, the bout ended with kenobi landing a kick maul took about 6 seconds to get his head back up from.

TCW has made it clear that while tcw kenobi is the superior with the blade, tcw maul is more powerful which overall has them generally rivalling each other at this point.

As for oppress, his post season 3 potrayal has made clear that he's outclassed by both maul and kenobi as of their fight on florrum

SunRazer
I'm talking about Shadow Conspiracy's version of the fight, where this stuff is explicitly stated.

Rockydonovang
I know, but that was an incomplete script that was explicitly retconned by the episode in multiple ways. One of said ways being maul and oppress getting in each other's way even though in the actual episode they take opposite sides of kenobi right from the getgo

SunRazer
Not sure how the episode retcons the book when the book comes after.

Rockydonovang
Anyway regardless, on his own with one blade he isn't dealing with maul+grevious simultaneously. Kneobi would logically be way more susceptible dealing grevious to the kind of force attacks maul has repteadly used on a distracted kenobi.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by SunRazer
Not sure how the episode retcons the book when the book comes after.
because tcw itself supersedes the collection of incomplete scripts(for tcw) that were used in shadow conspiracy;s creation. You can't simultaneously have maul and oppress getting in each other's way and then not having them being in each other's way in the actual episode

UCanShootMyNova
You're missing the point. Shadow conspiracy has the enviroment being favorable to kenobi because...
A. them getting in each other's way and oppress hindering maul
B. The fight taking space in a cramped corridor for the duo because of the cramped space(which obviously isn't cramped as in the actual episode kenobi is able to fully execute the acrobatic movements of ataru) and the two of them not being able to fit in the corridor together(even though the episode has them taking both sides of kenobi and therefore not being unable to fit in the corridor.)

C. Yes he did briefly dominate kenobi(something which didn't change the outcome of the fight) while he was fighting oppress which is why kenobi isn't going to do well when he has grevious coming at him and kenobi having to focus his defense on him

As for Maul blasting kenobi, its noted both in starwars.com and sc that maul was desperate because of his brother's condition. You just have to reference ventress and oppress for an idea of how maul would be amped
D.
interviewer "so obi wan kenobi loses qui gon to darth maul and is suddenly just empowered to defeat him, obi wan loses adi galia and the same thing kinda happens. Is this sense of loss kinda empowering or is it just(gets interrupted by feloni)

feloni: "not really, its alot of focus, and it speaks to being a hero, and kindness"

Additionally there's kenobi stating he can focus himself during combat in the jedi path and him using this ability multiple times in Labrynth of Evil and Revenge of the Sith

E. Kenobi's use of ataru was because he had to deal with two opponents simultaneously

]

That could simply be referring to the brother's positioning limiting both their movements even further as they cannot flank or jump over Kenobi. Even though I generally agree that visually it doesn't seem like it would all that limiting, if the novel states that to be an inhibiting factor then who am I to say it isn't?

]

Even having enough space to extend two blades in either direction is still going to be more limiting then fighting in an open space and apparently the writers believed this to be a greater hindrance to the brother's then Kenobi ( I myself believe this doesn't make much sense since Kenobi is wielding Atartu, but again, who am I to question the creators of the show ). Also, the latter statement is likely referring to Savage and Maul not being able to assault him from one direction.

]

I agree with you here.

D. interviewer "so obi wan kenobi loses qui gon to darth maul and is suddenly just empowered to defeat him, obi wan loses adi galia and the same thing kinda happens. Is this sense of loss kinda empowering or is it just(gets interrupted by feloni)

feloni: "not really, its alot of focus, and it speaks to being a hero, and kindness"]]

Yep. Filoni confirms Adi's death puts Obi Wan in a focused state.

]

Yes. It was obviously more viable then Soresu in that situation otherwise he would have used Soresu.

Rockydonovang
1. Which is fine(I've already acknowledged the duo may have been affected), but they obviously aren't getting in each other's way if they on opposithe sides of kenobi the entire fight so oppress would not be hindering maul

2. Which can be used to argue that the team was hindered, not either of the brothers individually. And this is still based on the sc version where the brothers don't take opposite sides of kenobi and do get in each other's way

3. Reread the statement. Feloni *denies* the focus coming from galia's death and instead attribute it to characteristics of kenobi meaning the amp was not external. Furthermore Kenobi has stated he can focus himself has focused himself at will numerous times. The amp isn't circumstantial, its something kenobi can and has done.

4, Yup

Darth Thor
Nope. Watch the whole interview. Filoni states Kenobi comes to this fight focused (unlike the last one he lost in the previous episode), but then he becomes "even more" focused after Adi's death, because he feels he has to right that wrong.

So yeah he was fighting better than his usual best for the 2 v 1.

Rockydonovang
I did watch the whole interview. Nobody is disouting that kenobi became focused, but whats made clear by the quote i posted is that it wasn't external and kenobi focused himself. Something he has done vs grevious, anakin and in numerous combat situations and a ability in legends that he has stated he can do in combat and given a name to.

The "amp" wasn't circumstantial. Keneobi focused himself

UCanShootMyNova
1. Which is fine(I've already acknowledged the duo may have been affected), but they obviously aren't getting in each other's way if they on opposithe sides of kenobi the entire fight so oppress would not be hindering maul

2. Which can be used to argue that the team was hindered, not either of the brothers individually. And this is still based on the sc version where the brothers don't take opposite sides of kenobi and do get in each other's way

3. Reread the statement. Feloni *denies* the focus coming from galia's death and instead attribute it to characteristics of kenobi meaning the amp was not external. Furthermore Kenobi has stated he can focus himself has focused himself at will numerous times. The amp isn't circumstantial, its something kenobi can and has done.

4, Yup

1. Not from the direction he's attacking from, no. But from the back and potentially the sides.

2. It comes out to be the same doesn't it? If they're hindered as a team or individually their overall combative effectiveness is still going to be hindered.

3. The focus is something that's derived specifically from Adi's death in the context of the interview. And while being "focused" might not have improved his ability to amp himself with the Force it would improve his combative effectiveness.

UCanShootMyNova
Nothing says the amp wasn't "external" by the way. Filoni just clarifies that situations like those tend to focus Kenobi because he's a "hero" rather then providing a notable amp.

Rockydonovang
Dude
"obi wan loses adi galia and the same thing kinda thing happens. Is this sense of loss kinda empowering or is it just-"
"nah"

Feloni outright denies(and even interrupts the interviewer) that adi galia's death(the source of that sense of loss) empowered kenobi. If he isn't getting empowered externally, then obviously he's focusing himself. Obi wan needs to "right the wrong" so he makes the choice to focus himself. This is something kenobi has done multiple times at will and has stated he can do in the jedi path.

Kenobi "gains focus" because he focuses himself

Rockydonovang
1. Not from the direction he's attacking from, no. But from the back and potentially the sides.

2. It comes out to be the same doesn't it? If they're hindered as a team or individually their overall combative effectiveness is still going to be hindered.

3. The focus is something that's derived specifically from Adi's death in the context of the interview. And while being "focused" might not have improved his ability to amp himself with the Force it would improve his combative effectiveness.
1. except that they never cross past kenobi and stay on both sides of him for the entireity of the fight. Them getting in each other's way never actually happens.

2. yup which is why you can't use this fight to for for grevious+maul

3. The quote has the interviewer ask if adi galia's death empowered kenobi and has feloni answering no. The amp did not come from adi galia's death. It came from kenobi's own reaction to it and decision to focus himself

UCanShootMyNova
1. I didn't say they got in each other's way. Only that their positioning may have hindered eachother's movements and potential lines of attack. Like I said, I agree with you that it wouldn't be all that significant of a factor but the novel deemed it great enough to make note of it.

2. How so?

3. He said "not really" in regards to Adi's death empowering him. He clarifies that it did focus him which would increase his combat effectiveness. I.E. he clarifies Obi Wan gains focus over an active amp which empowered him.

Rockydonovang
1. Which is speculation because what the novel made note off(them getting in each other's way) didn't actually happen(it was based on incomplete scripts).

2. Because there were factors favoring kenobi in terms of a group battle which was against a less skilled group

3. He said that kenobi "gained focus". He said nothing about the focus being external. In fact he says adi galia's death provoked kenobi to "right that wrong" which would suggest that it was kenobi's decision to focus himself and stop maul.

If adi galia's death didn't focus him, then the amp can't be externally based

UCanShootMyNova
1. Can you quote it for me?

2. Exactly! Which means the team performed as they did because of those circumstances. That's my point.

3. And he didn't saying anything about it NOT being external. If a combatant is more focused they're generally going to perform better. It may have given him the push he needed to enter that state of focus, yes.

It did focus him though. That's confirmed by Filoni. Why can't it be "externally" based?

carthage
Team 1

Maul isn't an obvious non factor

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage

I agree.

carthage
Originally posted by carthage
Team 1

is*

EmperorSidious2
Team 2

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
ROTS.
lmfao wtf anakin solos

Nephthys
Jesus. sick

This Anakin wank is unreal.

Rockydonovang
Jedi Anakin? Team 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.