Could Skyrim be Made into a Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Of all the games I have played (and I have played a lot ranging from shooters, RPGs, third person), Skyrim by far has the best storyline. In my opinion it is the best game developed. Now the question is could a game based on a fantasy be successfully made. Assassin's Creed was decent, but if the right director was chosen like Peter Jackson would be a major blockbuster. The writers of the movie would have to be fans of the game.

*Instead of naming the movie Skyrim why not name it "Dragonborn" for those who are not familiar with the game.

Great cover of 'The Dragonborn Comes': https://youtu.be/wr-buV4tYOA

Surtur
I wouldn't think a single movie could do it justice. If done right a series of movies could do it. Though I'd think it would be better served as a tv series.

NotAllThatEvil
Depends. There really isn't a Canon personality for the dragonborn.( The default is this blondish more, so they could make him the main character I guess) if you don't have a strong lead character, you won't have a good movie. And everyone had their own interpretation of the Dragonborn, is he hesitant on being their savior, is he a heroic companion esque dude or a semi evil darkbrothrrhood rogue?

Darth Truculent
Surtur you raise a good point, but there is Game of Thrones as a series and it be competing for ratings. If it could be done as a trilogy like Lord of the Rings then it could possibly and I stress possible it could become a classic ranked alongside with LoTR. A Nord would be just as legendary as a Numenorian or a Ranger like Aragorn. Alduin would become the new Smaug.

BruceSkywalker
anything can be made into a movie.. skyrim is no different

Lord Lucien
Given the lack of linear story structure, limited characterization of NPCs, total non-existence of personality for the Dragonborn, depth of lore and prior material needed for appreciation of what the hell anything is, and general gameplay mechanics being a huge part of the game's draw... no movie or TV series will come close to "capturing" the spirit or essence of the game. You'd need several seasons just to cover a single faction's storyline, and since a show can't kill time following the protaganist forging iron daggers for skill points, there's gonna be either a shit ton of awful filler, or a hyper-condensed plot.

So aside from fulfilling the fetish of seeing a video-game being made into a TV show, there's no point in making it one.

Surtur
One would think given the setting if they made a Skyrim movie/tv show the main character would probably be a Nord.

It would be interesting to see how they handle the different races when it comes to the racial powers each one has.

Surtur
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Given the lack of linear story structure, limited characterization of NPCs, total non-existence of personality for the Dragonborn, depth of lore and prior material needed for appreciation of what the hell anything is, and general gameplay mechanics being a huge part of the game's draw... no movie or TV series will come close to "capturing" the spirit or essence of the game. You'd need several seasons just to cover a single faction's storyline, and since a show can't kill time following the protaganist forging iron daggers for skill points, there's gonna be either a shit ton of awful filler, or a hyper-condensed plot.

So aside from fulfilling the fetish of seeing a video-game being made into a TV show, there's no point in making it one.

Yeah there is a lot. Though I think it would be cool if they did something like making a bunch of short films based on books from within the universe. Since some of the books you find in the world have true stories about various things that have happened, some interesting and exciting. Like for example the one book about the vampire hunter, it's a guy who comes to get advice from someone about how to combat different kinds of vampires that exist in the various parts of the Elder Scrolls world. Or even some shorts based on some of the Daedric quests from the games(Sheogorath would be neat).

But then that would be hard to do since you would really need to already be familiar with a lot of elements of the series in order to follow what was going on I would guess.

jinXed by JaNx
As long as 90% of the movie revolved around a menu system and selling or crafting items, then yea it could be made into a movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.