Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie Set Between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As0Irpnx9mg

Rockydonovang
Maul being the main antagoinist would have had a lot of potential...

Maybe hondo can get involved

DarthAnt66
Nah. They couldn't bring Maul back into the film franchise. Casual viewers would be confused beyond belief since they saw him die in Episode I.

Geistalt
Bring back A'Sharad Hett.

If nothing else.

Make the Sith (or a Sith-esque organization) a 3rd faction.

Rockydonovang
hondo and kenobi: the twin beards

chingchangwalla
How about no shitty spin-off movies that'll flop

nfactor1995
I don't want this movie tbh

Trocity
A Kenobi movie would be awesome. They can just create a new villain and have him somehow threaten (or would, if left unchecked, eventually become a threat to) Luke. Some crime lord who has a bunch of goons Kenobi can thrash.

Ewan is great as Obi-Wan.

cs_zoltan
Rather have a Kenobi movie than f-ucking Han Solo or Boba Fett.

hutchy1345
This movie could be incredible if done right

Beniboybling
Originally posted by nfactor1995
I don't want this movie tbh

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

Beniboybling
Han Solo is actually a better choice of movie tbh.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Trocity
They can just create a new villain and have him somehow threaten (or would, if left unchecked, eventually become a threat to) Luke. Some crime lord who has a bunch of goons Kenobi can thrash.

If they do one, he'll definitely face Darth Vader again.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Han Solo is actually a better choice of movie tbh.

It's a complete old school fanboy wish come true. Would prefer if they make the Han Solo and Boba film the same film. Waste less films that way satisfying old school fanboys.

Personally I think Fett would be better suited to that Gangster Underworld Tv series Lucas tried to get off the ground.

Beniboybling
"It's OT" - isn't a legitimate critique against the movie kek. Try to think in terms of actual storytelling potential. thumb up

Fact is Han Solo is one of the very few main Star Wars characters who lacks an origin story, and there are a lot of unanswered questions in that regard i.e. how he got the Falcon, how he met Lando, how he met Chewbacca, how he made the Kessel Run & how he got his rep in general. It's got a lot of storytelling potential, and there is a lot of room to explore new characters, places etc. Making it a comedy also fits with the theme of these anthology movies exploring different approaches to the mythology.

Obi-Wan Kenobi? He's been sitting on Tatooine for 20 years, doing not a lot. And really, doesn't need to be doing a lot besides reflecting on the Force and protecting Luke from an odd gangster or a Krayt dragon. It makes for a good character study (of which several already exist) but I'm of the belief that these are best kept to books, comics etc., with a movie, you need a strong central plot and a three act structure, Kenobi could only get that through a series of contrivances. And there is not real justification for him leaving Tatooine.

Darth Thor
"It's OT" - isn't a legitimate critique against the movie kek. Try to think in terms of actual storytelling potential. thumb up

Not what I said at all. Re-read.

I'm not some OT badger Lol

Fact is Han Solo is one of the very few main Star Wars characters who lacks an origin story, and there are a lot of unanswered questions in that regard i.e. how he got the Falcon, how he met Lando, how he met Chewbacca, how he made the Kessel Run & how he got his rep in general.

Origin story? Yes because we need to see how he got his powers?

Han Solo always worked best as an addition to the franchise. He gave the OT that comedic action/entertainment factor. Almost every scene with him in the OT was entertaining. Doing a "origin story" for him might Take that away from him. Just to answer questions we don't really need an entire film for. Or need answers to (how he got his name lol).

He would fit much better into other projects IMHO. As would Boba Fett.

And btw I'm not saying this is gonna suck. So far post Disney I've enjoyed the spin off's more than the Saga films. I'm just saying it wasn't the best choice in such a Vast Universe, not by a long shot. And regarding the OT, it's yet another indication Disney wants everything to revolve around that era.

Obi-Wan Kenobi? He's been sitting on Tatooine for 20 years, doing not a lot. And really, doesn't need to be doing a lot besides reflecting on the Force and protecting Luke from an odd gangster or a Krayt dragon. It makes for a good character study (of which several already exist) but I'm of the belief that these are best kept to books, comics etc., with a movie, you need a strong central plot and a three act structure, Kenobi could only get that through a series of contrivances. And there is not real justification for him leaving Tatooine.

They would probably have Vader in it, which Disney definitely wants to give us more of.

But honestly the main reason they're even considering this is because Ewan is still around and the right age for the project. And he's the one part of the PT everyone agrees they enjoyed, so a perfect way to link the PT to the new post Disney Star Wars world.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not what I said at all. Re-read.

I'm not some OT badger LolSure it is, badger boy.

Powers? Are you referring to Obi-Wan?

Which is why it's a comedy yeah...

And we didn't need to know how the rebels captured the Death Star plans either, or what Kenobi is doing on Tatooine, all of these spin offs are peripheral.

If your argument is that Han Solo isn't a "Leading Man" so to speak, I would absolutely disagree. As the classic scoundrel archetype I think that he's actually got a lot of potential.

I'm not saying its the best choice, just a better choice than Kenobi.

God no, let's not shoe-horn Vader into this movie, which would be completely premature. But yeah Ewan is probably the only justification for making this movie.

Zentrex
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah. They couldn't bring Maul back into the film franchise. Casual viewers would be confused beyond belief since they saw him die in Episode I.

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
How about no shitty spin-off movies that'll flop

Originally posted by cs_zoltan

Fact is Han Solo is one of the very few main Star Wars characters who lacks an origin story, and there are a lot of unanswered questions in that regard i.e. how he got the Falcon, how he met Lando, how he met Chewbacca, how he made the Kessel Run & how he got his rep in general. It's got a lot of storytelling potential, and there is a lot of room to explore new characters, places etc. Making it a comedy also fits with the theme of these anthology movies exploring different approaches to the mythology.

I'm repeatedly impressed by the star wars fanbase's accurate readings of the upcoming disney star wars films.

Kurk
I'm convinced the Disney folks get their ideas from KMC SW forums.

Zentrex
I know, right?

Although fanfictions also have a way of predicting things. What makes it all the better is that youtube channels and comments almost never get anything right, even though there's a much larger abundance of them.

Fated Xtasy
Why not get Liam Neeson and Ewan back together and do a Jedi Apprentice type film? With Xanatos as a villian or someone similar?

Trocity
Beniboy is a prophet - whatever he says, you know the opposite is true/will happen. laughing out loud

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Why not get Liam Neeson and Ewan back together and do a Jedi Apprentice type film? With Xanatos as a villian or someone similar?

Because the actors are twenty years older than they were during The Phantom Menace, where the characters were themselves several years older than they were in Jedi Apprentice. And because, while they may have been entertaining in their own right, those stories are hardly blockbuster material.

TheIndyJedi
I don't really care about a Kenobi movie. I'd rather they just do something different, and not rely too much on the original characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.