Arcann/Hero of Tython vs. Ahsoka Tano/Ben Kenobi (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Twin Suns Kenobi
Season 2 Ahsoka

Sabers only

Rockydonovang
2 superiors to prime maul vs subvalyin fodder

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 1

UCanShootMyNova
Team 1.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 1

SunRazer
How is team 1 winning sabers? I'm assuming team 2 gets a mix of Canon and Legends material, with Obi-Wan's placement in the Canon hierarchy taking precedence.

In that case, him being improved over RotS Obi-Wan and both Obi-Wan and Ahsoka being able to fight Vader as a near-equal is beyond HoT/Arcann.

MythLord
Team 2.

Rockydonovang
yea team 2.
Both share near parity with vader who's malachor showing craps on anything team 1's folks have and saber wise both get maul scaling and additionally kenobi is indisputably superior to his rots version while ahsoka is logically superior as well.

MythLord
Ahsoka and Old Ben superior to RotS Obi-Wan? Doubtful. Very doubtful.

Rockydonovang
Yup
copy and pasting cv post coz I'm lazy:
This has been explained here in depth(here's the full video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eIZsJsck7A). the shortness of the duel was

A. for storytelling purposes it was supposed to be symbolic of their respective growth as characters

B. Because maul and Kenobi and Mul had fought each other multiple times

C. Given the more realistic kind of fighting they styled this after, the shorter fight was chosen partially because the duo improved as duelists and in reali life very good fighters have short fights:

"The actual duel is very short, how did you come to the conclusion it had to come this way?...(feloni) If you talk to a lot of people who sword fight, they'll tell you people who are very good don't have long fights. So that scene, its a homage to the 7th samurai. I think on one level people would be excited to see another prolonged lightsaber fight. But I just never really saw the confrontation that way because to do that is to say the characters don't have growth "
Even if you want to interpret growth to not refer to their skill as duelists(even though the context is clearly about their ability as combatants), duelists" them being "very good" swordsman as a reason for the shorter fight compared to their longer "prolonged" fights in tcw clearly indicates growth. As this is referring to them as of their fight with each other this would factor maul's emotional state(even though logically, it would make him more powerful vs kenobi not less combatively speaking given how darksiders operate) and his physical degradement(which could have been canceled out with force augmentation).

To demonstrate what I mean:

"The actual duel is very short, how did you come to the conclusion it had to come this way?...(feloni) If you talk to a lot of people who sword fight, they'll tell you people who are very good don't have long fights. So that scene, its a homage to the 7th samurai. I think on one level people would be excited to see another prolonged lightsaber fight."
In addition to making clear what "growth" refers to, this alone indicates that they grew as duelists back from when they had "prolonged lightsaber duels". So there's no getting around this, Kenobi and Maul are better fighters than their tcw counterparts. And logically this would apply to their rots/sod incarnations as well

Now to address possible counters:

A. The context of the quote is clearly only referring to specifically maul and kenobi, so if you stretch this to being an indication of the, being superior to all fighters, you stretching this to such a ridiculous degree, it does'nt invalidate the quote

B. This reasoning works in conjunction with the other reasons for the shortness of the fight

C. If you think its just feloni bsing, too bad, its uncontradicted authority

D. The quote refers to them as swordsman which would inculde any physical degradement or specific weaknesses they have in comparison with their prior incarnations

So any favourable performances rebels characters have vs rebels maul simply raise them, they don't lower maul

Geistalt
Team 1.

The Canon characters just don't have enough feats to support the idea that they're > Scourge (in terms of skill or strength).

SunRazer
Because Scourge's track record against nameless Jedi and Sith is on par with Ahsoka and Obi-Wan contending with Vader? Or Act II HoT, who is blatantly inferior to Vader?

Wait, I forgot the academy instructors who were afraid of Scourge. That's game-breaking. thumb down

chingchangwalla
Ben solos

darthbane77
Team 1

cs_zoltan
Ben blitzes either while Ashoka hold off the other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.