Spiderman VS Wolverine in a headbutt fest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
its spidy and wolverine headbutting each other forehead against forehead until someone goes down. who will win this headbutt fest

StiltmanFTW

Logan wins this with ease.

TethAdamTheRock
Logan

Dareangel
do you believe logan cant be knocked out by this? i mean WWH showed how wolverine can be brain damaged. now spiderman is no WWH but still... dont you think he can make some brain damage to wolverine?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine and Hercules: Myths, Monsters and Mutants 02

Wolverine bull rushes and headbutts a charging Minotaur, who had one-shotted Herc previously in the issue, proving again that Logan can take a hit better than Hercules. evil face

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/th_wolvherc_02_11.jpg http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/th_wolvherc_02_12.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Dareangel
do you believe logan cant be knocked out by this? i mean WWH showed how wolverine can be brain damaged. now spiderman is no WWH but still... dont you think he can make some brain damage to wolverine?

Erm....

Hulk's fist >>> Parker's head.

riv6672
Wolvie couldnt KO Cap with a sucker shot.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/api/image/scale_medium/3124604-1210471-captainamericavswolverine5_1_.jpg

Spidey KOd Wolvie with his full of breakable bones fists, i'm thinking he has a good shot with his head.
http://www.chasingamazingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SpiderManWolverine_07-e1374073972854.jpg

Just my take on it.

meep-meep
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Logan

Dareangel
as i said sure WWH punches harder than parker. however it does not mean that it takes the minimum of WHH punches to the head to cause wolverine brain damage. as riv showed wolverine headbutted cap and nothing really happened. wolverine rushed that minotaur with his head but was overpowered. sure adamantium skull and all, but with every headbutt his brain is tilting inside his adamantium skull which suppose to make it easier to get brain damage. brain hitting against adamantium. i think spidy will cause him the brain damage needed for the KO.

DarkSaint85
WWH? What about JJ Jameson??

http://www.comicsrecommended.com/images/longform/spider-man-amazing-back-in-black-beat-up.jpg

DarkSaint85
Moreover, Wolvy doesn't just have unbreakable bones....he has one of the best HFs out there.

WWH, and Spiderman there, overloaded by hitting him quickly, many times. Without letting up.

Can Spiderman, in one hit, overload the HF without damaging himself (when we've seen his durability isn't up there)? I say no.

Ize19
Originally posted by riv6672
Wolvie couldnt KO Cap with a sucker shot.

Spidey KOd Wolvie with his full of breakable bones fists, i'm thinking he has a good shot with his head.

Just my take on it.

For the record, Spider-man didn't KO Logan in that scan you posted. If you read the last thought caption, Spider-man says he can't get Wolverine to stop smiling, and the next page shows Logan tackling him. Wolverine wins this, hands down.

riv6672
Originally posted by Ize19
For the record, Spider-man didn't KO Logan in that scan you posted. If you read the last thought caption, Spider-man says he can't get Wolverine to stop smiling, and the next page shows Logan tackling him. Wolverine wins this, hands down.
Can you post the next page? Couldnt find it.

Magnon
Dishonesty at its best. :/

Magnon
Can you post the next page? Couldnt find it.
There you go. Logan wasn't even dazed.
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-12ed7093ee30a110ab1b92567d0b102f-c

riv6672
Neat, thanks; totally misremembered the scene, which i read when it was first published.
So, not dishonestly, just trouble recalling the deets on a story older than your mom, boy.

One thing i got right though, is Spidey suffered NO damage to his hands punching Wolvie repeatedly in the face/head.
That shouldnt be discounted.
The bones of the hands are notoriously prone to breaking. Skulls can take more damage.
Still giving Spidey good odds.

StiltmanFTW
He got lucky in that comic, true.

Unlike in his encounters against Lizard, Tombstone, Sandman, She-Hulk, Hammerhead and so on.

riv6672
Those guys might be legit tougher than Wolvie, you're right! thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Take your pills and take a good nap, riv smile

riv6672
Actually gonna go run, soon, but saw you'd posted again, wanted to see if you'd listed more guys tougher than Wolvie.

StiltmanFTW
Hazy memory, getting cranky... Old Man Riv brought to you by KMComics, gentlemen big grin

StiltmanFTW
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/40000/1525752-wolverine3.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hazy memory, getting cranky... Old Man Riv brought to you by KMComics, gentlemen big grin
^^^And that's why I always say, "shum-shum-schlippety-dop!"

riv6672
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/40000/1525752-wolverine3.jpg
Again you're right.
Cap is legit tougher than Hulk:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/api/image/scale_medium/3124604-1210471-captainamericavswolverine5_1_.jpg

StiltmanFTW
You must be really used to losing in Versus threads, riv stick out tongue

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39001/4078084-dow2.png

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39001/4078086-dow3.png

Dareangel
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Can Spiderman, in one hit, overload the HF without damaging himself (when we've seen his durability isn't up there)? I say no.

i do believe they will go for several headbutts before anything happens. what will happen first a brain damage to the KO to spidy or to wolverine.... its debatable to be honest. i believe spidy will take this.

StiltmanFTW
They won't. If they both headbutt at the same time, Parker cracks his own f*cking skull, end of the story.

TethAdamTheRock
wolverines adamantium skull would kill spiderman, wolverine would have a concussion

Dareangel
They won't. If they both headbutt at the same time, Parker cracks his own f*cking skull, end of the story.

wolverine couldnt do it with his adamantium fists with multiple punches. why should it happen here? spidermans forehead is much tougher than his face bones. if his face bones didnt break after multiple adamantium punches from a pissed off wolverine, i really dont see wolverine cracking his forehead with a headbutt. dont forget that wolverines brain is hitting against adamantium skull. i do believe wolverine will get knocked out first but nobody is breaking his forehead here.

StiltmanFTW
wolverines adamantium skull would kill spiderman, wolverine would have a concussion

Without his healing factor, yes, probably.

With his HF, he wouldn't even notice that.

TethAdamTheRock
wolverine couldnt do it with his adamantium fists with multiple punches. why should it happen here? spidermans forehead is much tougher than his face bones. if his face bones didnt break after multiple adamantium punches from a pissed off wolverine, i really dont see wolverine cracking his forehead with a headbutt. dont forget that wolverines brain is hitting against adamantium skull. i do believe wolverine will get knocked out first but nobody is breaking his forehead here. The skull is much bigger and exposed than fist bones

DarkSaint85
wolverine couldnt do it with his adamantium fists with multiple punches. why should it happen here? spidermans forehead is much tougher than his face bones. if his face bones didnt break after multiple adamantium punches from a pissed off wolverine, i really dont see wolverine cracking his forehead with a headbutt. dont forget that wolverines brain is hitting against adamantium skull. i do believe wolverine will get knocked out first but nobody is breaking his forehead here.

Because even pissed off, Wolverine pulled his punches against a hero?

Using this logic, if JAmeson, a frail 70year old normal guy who doesn't exactly lift weights, is capable of drawing blood from Petey...

Dareangel
The skull is much bigger and exposed than fist bones

a punch can create more damage because the adamantium fist knuckles are smaller than the skull and concentrate the damage in a more specific area. therefor the fist knuckles are suppose to break easier than a big skull. also as i stated, adamantium fists were punching spidys face and nothing happened. a forehead is much tougher.

Dareangel
Because even pissed off, Wolverine pulled his punches against a hero?

Using this logic, if JAmeson, a frail 70year old normal guy who doesn't exactly lift weights, is capable of drawing blood from Petey...

he didnt pull his punches against spidy. he was pissed off at him and was punching him with multiple punches. he only retarcted his claws because he didnt want to kill him. however he did want to damage spidy. multiple adamantium punches to the face and nothing is broken. not even the damn nose. if his adamantium fists couldnt break spidys nose he sure as hell is not breaking his forehead.

that was a PIS. i can bring feats of a deer knocking wolverine and drawing a lot of blood from him with a kick. i can bring punisher beating his face making him bleed. so what? breaking lip skin is nothing serious even if we supposdly take that feat.

StiltmanFTW
multiple adamantium punches to the face and nothing is broken.

When exactly?

After a single one, Petey admitted he was hurt.

Dareangel
When exactly?

After a single one, Petey admitted he was hurt.

nothing in his face was broken, unless you show us something was broken. if it wasnt stated then it didnt happen. of course it hurts but nothing was really broken or we could see either a statement or some depiction.

StiltmanFTW
nothing in his face was broken, unless you show us something was broken. if it wasnt stated then it didnt happen. of course it hurts but nothing was really broken or we could see either a statement or some depiction.

Hammerhead fight. His adamantium is no better quality than Wolverine's and Parker was at his BMD's levels --- Parker broke his hand on HH's jaw and one hit from HH broke the ribs.

http://www.readcomics.tv/images/manga/amazing-spider-man-complete/575/20.jpg

DarkSaint85
he didnt pull his punches against spidy. he was pissed off at him and was punching him with multiple punches. he only retarcted his claws because he didnt want to kill him. however he did want to damage spidy. multiple adamantium punches to the face and nothing is broken. not even the damn nose. if his adamantium fists couldnt break spidys nose he sure as hell is not breaking his forehead.

that was a PIS. i can bring feats of a deer knocking wolverine and drawing a lot of blood from him with a kick. i can bring punisher beating his face making him bleed. so what? breaking lip skin is nothing serious even if we supposdly take that feat.

So that's PIS, but being punched multiple times by adamantium knuckles by someone who has quite a few nice strength feats...isn't?

I mean, he doesn't get the proportional durability of a spider does he? And even if he does...lol.

StiltmanFTW
Tons of evidence in favor of Wolverine in this "fight".

Little to nothing in favor of Peter.

riv6672
You must be really used to losing in Versus threads, riv stick out tongue

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39001/4078084-dow2.png

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39001/4078086-dow3.png
No, i'm used to dealing with folks like you though, who keep proving my points for me.
Nice scan!

StiltmanFTW
Keep crying, rivia big grin

You get smacked in every thread here and you know it well thumb up

StiltmanFTW
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/29968/970753-mcflyd.jpg

Dareangel
Hammerhead fight. His adamantium is no better quality than Wolverine's and Parker was at his BMD's levels --- Parker broke his hand on HH's jaw and one hit from HH broke the ribs.

http://www.readcomics.tv/images/manga/amazing-spider-man-complete/575/20.jpg

low showings could be found everywhere for everyone. facts are spiderman fought wolverine. there is no need to go around and look for different fights. there is a clear fight between spidy and wolverine, where wolverine with adamantium fists, pounded on spidy with all he had and couldnt break even his nose. that proved that a headbutt from him is not going to break spidy that easily to say the least.

DarkSaint85
We have a clear showing that a mere flick of his fingers hurts Spidey.

Dareangel
So that's PIS, but being punched multiple times by adamantium knuckles by someone who has quite a few nice strength feats...isn't?

I mean, he doesn't get the proportional durability of a spider does he? And even if he does...lol.

lets not act as if spidy got only those 2 feats. if spidy was that easy to injure, he wouldnt be able to fight the fights he is fighting and winning. fight vs foes like venom, scorpion, rhino atc atc

Dareangel
We have a clear showing that a mere flick of his fingers hurts Spidey.

it only shows spidy felt that and it wasnt pleasant.... taking it to a "hurting" level is a stretch.

DarkSaint85
If its not pleasant....it hurts. He said Oww. That's the exclamation of hurt.

It shows he was hurting from a mere finger flick. Hence, Ow.

riv6672
Keep crying, rivia big grin

You get smacked in every thread here and you know it well thumb up
well lets see, i have fun posting, and you pretend to somehow be better than everyone else whenever you feel threatened.

As long as we're both getting what we want, i guess its a win win!

And as for ccrying?
I'm not your father (that i'm aware of), and so have no reason to, as you arent my disappointment.

On topic, though, still giving Spidey good odds here. smile

riv6672

Thats some Reed Richards level stretching, DS, just wanted to say its impressive! thumb up

Dareangel

it shows he felt it and it wasnt pleasant. he doesnt say that hurts. even if it hurts there is a different pain on different degrees. someone can pinch you and it will hurt, so what does it mean? further, we dont know how hard of a flick that was. if someone flicks you strongly with his fingers over your head, you will feel it and it will even slightly hurt. but from that point, to say he can break his head with a headbutt is a very long way and stretch.

DarkSaint85
How is it stretching, much less reed level?

He flicked him. Spidey said Owww.

All on panel, surely?

StiltmanFTW
Keep trying to make anyone notice you, riv wink

DarkSaint85
it shows he felt it and it wasnt pleasant. he doesnt say that hurts. even if it hurts there is a different pain on different degrees. someone can pinch you and it will hurt, so what does it mean? further, we dont know how hard of a flick that was. if someone flicks you strongly with his fingers over your head, you will feel it and it will even slightly hurt. but from that point, to say he can break his head with a headbutt is a very long way and stretch.

So when someone taps me on the shoulder, the first reaction is Oow?

When someone tickles you, you say oow?

Mosquito bites aren't pleasant. Do you go around saying oow, this bite sure is itchy!

My original post, which you seem to take to heart, is that it hurt him. If there are any other, non pleasant, sensations that you say oow to that DON'T hurt, please post them.. But re read my post: It shows that mere finger flick can hurt him. Didn't say it would break his head, in that post?

Moreover, he specifically attributes the hurt to Wolverine having adamantium finger bones.

Finger flicks aren't used to end fights. Headbutts, though, are.

riv6672
^^^unless you're Cap, then a headbutt doesnt do much.
Like i said, i give Spidey good odds.
You do have good reasoning though, DS.
Keep trying to make anyone notice you, riv wink
Considering how much you, and others know anout my comings and goings, my posting history, my old sigs...i'm doing a fine job already.

Say hi to your dad for me, Stilt. Give him my condolences.
This...was a fun thread! big grin

Dareangel
So when someone taps me on the shoulder, the first reaction is Oow?

When someone tickles you, you say oow?

Mosquito bites aren't pleasant. Do you go around saying oow, this bite sure is itchy!

My original post, which you seem to take to heart, is that it hurt him. If there are any other, non pleasant, sensations that you say oow to that DON'T hurt, please post them.. But re read my post: It shows that mere finger flick can hurt him. Didn't say it would break his head, in that post?

Moreover, he specifically attributes the hurt to Wolverine having adamantium finger bones.

Finger flicks aren't used to end fights. Headbutts, though, are.

this wasnt a tap on the shoulder but a flick on the head, and yes, if a person will flick you hardly with his fingers over the head, you will feel a light degree of pain.

you dont feel a mosquito bite its a fact. as i pointed out earlier, a pinch will hurt you, doesnt mean the guy is going to bust your skull with a headbutt.

as i pointed out earlier, an expression of "oww" can be made in a reaction to unpleasant things. unpleasant things can be the same as low level pain effect. again, if someone flicks you over the head with his fingers when you are not expecting it will hurt. the question here is to what degree. making someone feel a slight degree of pain doesnt mean you are busting him up it makes no sense.

DarkSaint85
So my original statement:

We have a clear showing that a mere flick of his finger hurts Spidey

Holds true, and we all agree. Thanks.

Dareangel
So my original statement:

We have a clear showing that a mere flick of his finger hurts Spidey

Holds true, and we all agree. Thanks.

i am just adding the necessary context and details. we dont know the degree of feeling that spiderman felt from that flick. any average flick to the head will cause someone inconviniant low degree of "pain". adamantium fingers should be felt harder than the average finger. so whats your point? how does it answer what will happen when they bash foreheads against each other. how does it top the showing of wolverine bashing his face with repeated adamantium punches causing him no damage on a degree of bone break? and thats the facial bones. a forehead is much tougher. wolverine on the other hand suffered brain damage from getting his brain bushed against the skull. yeah it was done by WWH however who said thats the minimum power needed to accompish such result? spiderman has superhuman speed and strength. using his speed and momentum along with his strength and super durability against wolverines head, will make his brain tilt inside the adamantium skull. i do believe wolverine will suffer a knock out before spidy does.

TethAdamTheRock
the spiderman scene is Pis

Dareangel
the spiderman scene is Pis

which one?

DarkSaint85
i am just adding the necessary context and details. we dont know the degree of feeling that spiderman felt from that flick. any average flick to the head will cause someone inconviniant low degree of "pain". adamantium fingers should be felt harder than the average finger. so whats your point? how does it answer what will happen when they bash foreheads against each other. how does it top the showing of wolverine bashing his face with repeated adamantium punches causing him no damage on a degree of bone break? and thats the facial bones. a forehead is much tougher. wolverine on the other hand suffered brain damage from getting his brain bushed against the skull. yeah it was done by WWH however who said thats the minimum power needed to accompish such result? spiderman has superhuman speed and strength. using his speed and momentum along with his strength and super durability against wolverines head, will make his brain tilt inside the adamantium skull. i do believe wolverine will suffer a knock out before spidy does.

So we agree it hurt him. Thanks.

Next. It shows that Spiderman and Wolvy are at least comparable. Punisher isn't going to hurt Spiderman with a flick of his finger, neither is Jarvis, etc etc.

He suffered brain damage, from repeated punches, which overloaded his HF. This is a thread where they take turns head butting, giving Wolvys HF a chance to regenerate (if you want, we can scan dump all of the HFs feats?).

It wasn't just ONE punch from WWH that did it - Wolverine after all has many showings of being punched by Hulk, without having the same damage.

It was the same punch, delivered again and again and again, WITHOUT any pause.

Your thread, however, has pauses. Which enables Logan to be fresh as a daisy if he chooses, whilst Spidey will be feeling each and every one.

Edit: You bring up a good point of Wolvys brain rattling around....have you not thought of Spidey's brain also rattling around??

TethAdamTheRock
which one? the finger flick

Dareangel
So we agree it hurt him. Thanks.

Next. It shows that Spiderman and Wolvy are at least comparable. Punisher isn't going to hurt Spiderman with a flick of his finger, neither is Jarvis, etc etc.

He suffered brain damage, from repeated punches, which overloaded his HF. This is a thread where they take turns head butting, giving Wolvys HF a chance to regenerate (if you want, we can scan dump all of the HFs feats?).

It wasn't just ONE punch from WWH that did it - Wolverine after all has many showings of being punched by Hulk, without having the same damage.

It was the same punch, delivered again and again and again, WITHOUT any pause.

Your thread, however, has pauses. Which enables Logan to be fresh as a daisy if he chooses, whilst Spidey will be feeling each and every one.

Edit: You bring up a good point of Wolvys brain rattling around....have you not thought of Spidey's brain also rattling around??

what do you mean exactly wolverine and spiderman comparable? and why are you making it a fact that punisher couldnt make spiderman feel a minor feeling of inconviniant "pain" with a flick of his finger to the head? as i pointed out, a powerful finger flick (we dont know if wolverine made a simple finger flick or the hardest he could) to the head is usually felt with different pain degrees. i still dont understand how did you come from this to wolverine breaking spidys head.

i never said they are taking turns headbutting. what i said was they are headbutting each other. basically they are standing face 2 face and headbutting non stop forehead against forehead hit after hit non stop until someon e goes down. the reason wolverine never suffered brain damage before is because usually when a heavy hitter hits him in the face, wolverine is sent flying and during all that time he has time to recover. however repeated hits to his head give him brain damage. i do believe spiderman will replicate the same thing.

of course spidermans brain will be tilting inside of his head. but this is where his super durability plays a roll. i simply believe wolverine will be knocked out prior to him since his brain is getting extra damage from getting smashed against an adamantium skull.

DarkSaint85
what do you mean exactly wolverine and spiderman comparable? and why are you making it a fact that punisher couldnt make spiderman feel a minor feeling of inconviniant "pain" with a flick of his finger to the head? as i pointed out, a powerful finger flick (we dont know if wolverine made a simple finger flick or the hardest he could) to the head is usually felt with different pain degrees. i still dont understand how did you come from this to wolverine breaking spidys head.

i never said they are taking turns headbutting. what i said was they are headbutting each other. basically they are standing face 2 face and headbutting non stop forehead against forehead hit after hit non stop until someon e goes down. the reason wolverine never suffered brain damage before is because usually when a heavy hitter hits him in the face, wolverine is sent flying and during all that time he has time to recover. however repeated hits to his head give him brain damage. i do believe spiderman will replicate the same thing.

of course spidermans brain will be tilting inside of his head. but this is where his super durability plays a roll. i simply believe wolverine will be knocked out prior to him since his brain is getting extra damage from getting smashed against an adamantium skull.

Powerful finger flick? Spidey SPECIFICALLY attributed it to the adamantium. Not his strength.

WWH took seven punches to give Wolvy brain damage to the extent it counted as a 'win'. As you said, Spidey is no WWH. How much weaker would you say Spidey is to WWH? 50%? So WWH is only twice as strong as Spidey? Then he would still need 14 headbutts to give Wolvy brain damage. 10%? So WWH is equal to 10 Spideys? Then he would need 70 headbutts.

All the while, his own head is hurting, and he doesn't have the benefit of WWH's HF keeping himself fresh.

IOW, the WWH showing is completely unrelated to this thread.

The showing:
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/world_war_hulk_-_x-men_002_018.jpg
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/world_war_hulk_-_x-men_002_019.jpg

So WWH needs seven punches, whilst trying to end things as quickly as possible, to give him brain damage.

And this somehow equate to Spidey being able to, BEFORE he KOs himself? OK.

Damborgson
When there's an actual argument about whether a human skull wouldn't crack against an adamantium skull...

Dareangel
Powerful finger flick? Spidey SPECIFICALLY attributed it to the adamantium. Not his strength.

WWH took seven punches to give Wolvy brain damage to the extent it counted as a 'win'. As you said, Spidey is no WWH. How much weaker would you say Spidey is to WWH? 50%? So WWH is only twice as strong as Spidey? Then he would still need 14 headbutts to give Wolvy brain damage. 10%? So WWH is equal to 10 Spideys? Then he would need 70 headbutts.

All the while, his own head is hurting, and he doesn't have the benefit of WWH's HF keeping himself fresh.

The showing:
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/world_war_hulk_-_x-men_002_018.jpg
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/world_war_hulk_-_x-men_002_019.jpg

So WWH needs seven punches, whilst trying to end things as quickly as possible, to give him brain damage.

it doesnt matter. the things i have stated still stand. also, of course adamantium will be felt. however, there is no need for adamantium to feel a finger flick over the head. still dont understand how does that means he will break spidys skull.

we dont know at what point wolverine was already useless. we know when WWH stopped punching him. however he could be damaged to the point he couldnt function way before that.
and again, you are making the mistake of saying that WWH is the base power to cause wolverine a brain damage. basically, what WWH showed us is that repeated hits to wolverines head stressing his brain will take him out. now in order to tilt his brain very well inside his adamantium skull, one doesnt need the strength of WWH. spiderman is strong enough to achieve the same thing actually. its like breaking a stick. it doesnt matter if its WWH or spidy. they are both capable of breaking a stick. therefor, i can argue spidy will cause him the same brain damage with repeated headbutts.

i never claimed spidy wont be hurt from that, i am claiming wolverine will be out first thats all.

Dareangel
Originally posted by Damborgson
When there's an actual argument about whether a human skull wouldn't crack against an adamantium skull...

really? spiderman has human skull? if spiderman had only human skull, his skull would be cracked long time ago when he recieved hits to the head from class 30 - 100 foes and all his falls from buildings he ever suffered. this is where his super human durability comes in.

carver9
I'm shocked that people are actually participating in a thread like this. Hilarious.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by carver9
I'm shocked that people are actually participating in a thread like this ...

Not like there's anything better on TV.

Anyway ...

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34692839_image.jpg

emu
really? spiderman has human skull? if spiderman had only human skull, his skull would be cracked long time ago when he recieved hits to the head from class 30 - 100 foes and all his falls from buildings he ever suffered. this is where his super human durability comes in. So its Spidermans durability against Wolverines healing factor, and you think Spiderman wins out...
How many shots from WWH do you think Peter can survive? If your answer is more than zero, you're wrong. And there's not enough months in a year Peter can match Hulks damage output from one punch, when Wolverine survived several.

Dareangel
Originally posted by emu
So its Spidermans durability against Wolverines healing factor, and you think Spiderman wins out...
How many shots from WWH do you think Peter can survive? If your answer is more than zero, you're wrong. And there's not enough months in a year Peter can match Hulks damage output from one punch, when Wolverine survived several.

your argument makes no sense. first of all, how do you know after which punch wolverine was done? WWH was simply wrecking havok on him. secondly, who said spiderman wouldnt be able to whitstand the same supposed amount of hits without dying? your gut feeling says so? got evidence? i got evidence of spidy taking hits from hulk before and being fine. of course WWH would kill him eventually, but those are 2 different things. as far as wolverines healing factor, read the comics. WWH was hitting him a hit after another preventing his healing factor to fully repair the damage. basically same thing can be done by spiderman who will headbutt him over and over again. as i explained there is no reason for spiderman to fail doing the same thing. he has the strength, the speed (velocity and speed makes the hit harder) and he has the durability to keep up. wolverine will be out first.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Not like there's anything better on TV.

Anyway ...

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34692839_image.jpg

Mister Fear - that version anyway - is not even a peak human.

Numerous superhumans hurt themselves while striking Wolverine.

emu
your argument makes no sense. first of all, how do you know after which punch wolverine was done? WWH was simply wrecking havok on him. secondly, who said spiderman wouldnt be able to whitstand the same supposed amount of hits without dying? your gut feeling says so? got evidence? i got evidence of spidy taking hits from hulk before and being fine. of course WWH would kill him eventually, but those are 2 different things. as far as wolverines healing factor, read the comics. WWH was hitting him a hit after another preventing his healing factor to fully repair the damage. basically same thing can be done by spiderman who will headbutt him over and over again. as i explained there is no reason for spiderman to fail doing the same thing. he has the strength, the speed (velocity and speed makes the hit harder) and he has the durability to keep up. wolverine will be out first.
I remember Roughhouse did nothing but work up a sweat trying to punch the healing factor out of Logan, and that was without his adamantium. That to me means when it comes to blunt force trauma concerning Wolverine, there's slaps, then there's WWfukinH.
And just a few pages back there's a scan showing Spidermans durabilty isn't worth his strength, especially when he breaks his hand punching Hammerhead. While you're arguing Parkers durability, you might of missed that.

StyleTime
Don't see how Spiderman wins here. You're asking him to out-Wolverine Wolverine.

DarkSaint85
it doesnt matter. the things i have stated still stand. also, of course adamantium will be felt. however, there is no need for adamantium to feel a finger flick over the head. still dont understand how does that means he will break spidys skull.

we dont know at what point wolverine was already useless. we know when WWH stopped punching him. however he could be damaged to the point he couldnt function way before that.
and again, you are making the mistake of saying that WWH is the base power to cause wolverine a brain damage. basically, what WWH showed us is that repeated hits to wolverines head stressing his brain will take him out. now in order to tilt his brain very well inside his adamantium skull, one doesnt need the strength of WWH. spiderman is strong enough to achieve the same thing actually. its like breaking a stick. it doesnt matter if its WWH or spidy. they are both capable of breaking a stick. therefor, i can argue spidy will cause him the same brain damage with repeated headbutts.

i never claimed spidy wont be hurt from that, i am claiming wolverine will be out first thats all.

I take the point where he unclenches his fists, to be where he was useless.. After the third punch from WWH, he was still slashing away at Hulk. Hell, after the 5th, he was still slashing away. So not useless, and still fighting back.

So it took more than FIVE punches from a pissed off WWH. ONE punch didn't do it. TWO didn't. THREE didn't.

So yeah, we do know at which point he was useless. By the 6th, he was senseless, going limp.

So unless you can prove to me that Spidey can output more damage than 5 punches from a WWH who is deliberately trying to beat Wolvy senseless, you don't have much of an argument.

Meanwhile, don't forget, Hulk's fists won't be suffering brain damage. Equal and opposite reactions, and all that. If Spidey is causing enough damage to rattle Wolvy's brain, he will be suffering it himself, too.

Except his skull is less durable than adamantium, and his HF is slower than Wolvy's.

bluewaterrider

unless you can prove to me that Spidey can output more damage than 5 punches from a WWH who is deliberately trying to beat Wolvy senseless, you don't have much of an argument.

Let's give him one, then. 'Cause it doesn't take World War Hulk level force to knock Wolverine out:

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693382_image.jpg

DarkSaint85
Let's give him one, then. 'Cause it doesn't take World War Hulk level force to knock Wolverine out:

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693381_image.jpg

True, Spidey may likely KO himself, you're right.

https://s22.postimg.org/qucmxcwpd/RCO006.jpg

Maybe he just has a weakness for old men?

DarkSaint85
So much for that vaunted Spidey sense, I guess.

https://s23.postimg.org/qnwlbv4bv/image.jpg

Iron bars<<adamantium.

StiltmanFTW

Post what happened shortly after that.

And here is Wolverine from the same era tanking Maestro's hit, back on his feet in the next panel:

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/22649038_m2.jpg

DarkSaint85
Maybe he DOES have a weakness for the elderly. I am sensing good chances for Wolverine, who is pretty old...

https://s30.postimg.org/tw1aylwk1/awkwardauntmay5a.jpg
https://s30.postimg.org/6j39g3ggh/awkwardauntmay5b.jpg

DarkSaint85
Hmm. Maybe it's just a shot to the back of the head that KOs him...

http://s24.postimg.org/sdsvkvp8l/103_12b.jpg

DarkSaint85
Nah, front of the head works just fine too:

https://s22.postimg.org/3ug39buc1/amazingspiderman638-normalguythrowscinderblock.jpg

That cinder block was thrown by a human, btw.

StiltmanFTW
https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/29968/986395-newavengers21rh9.jpg

Top-tier skeleton durability thumb up

bluewaterrider
True, Spidey may likely KO himself, you're right.

Assuming you're going off either scan of what I originally posted a moment ago, I don't really understand how you think that point is being illustrated, unless you're referring to the alluded-to posted scene(s) previous to the Ben Grimm one? I suppose that'd be a possible conclusion to come to, though it suggests Wolverine can have the wind taken out of his sails by collisions with beings who are far less durable than adamantium in an even more extreme way ...

Here, I'll show what preceded and followed. Might be interesting to see the responses I get:

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693468_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693469_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693470_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693471_image.jpg

DarkSaint85
Assuming you're going off either scan of what I originally posted a moment ago, I don't really understand how you think that point is being illustrated, unless you're referring to the alluded-to posted scene(s) previous to the Ben Grimm one? I suppose that'd be a possible conclusion to come to, though it suggests Wolverine can have the wind taken out of his sails by collisions with beings who are far less durable than adamantium in an even more extreme way ...

Here, I'll show what preceded and followed. Might be interesting to see the responses I get:

I was alluding to the scans you're posting being low showings, as Wolverine has (on many a time) weathered punches like the ones you're posting.

Similar to Spidey being KOed by an old man like the Vulture, for example. Or Aunt May with a vase. Or Taskmaster with a cane. Or a random fat guy with a cinder block. Or a random goon with an iron bar.

All beings far less durable than adamantium in an even more extreme way.

StiltmanFTW
Might be interesting to see the responses I get:

Might be interesting to see you start reading the scans you post.

Rogue fastball special'd Logan into the Thing before the KO punch. Those two impacts are already magnitudes higher than what Parker's headbutt can produce.

Also, keep in mind that's Logan before his major HF upgrades --- and it's his worst durability performance against the Thing, on average he doesn't have a problem with his strikes.

DarkSaint85
You can even see it in the initial scan. Reed tells Ben how lucky he was that Wolverine was still dazed from the initial impact.

bluewaterrider
You can even see it in the initial scan. Reed tells Ben how lucky he was that Wolverine was still dazed from the initial impact.

erm

That "initial impact" was Wolverine crashing fists first into Ben.

He was essentially DOUBLE protected (by outstretched arms and his adamantium skull) and still was shaken more than Ben at the end of this affair.

StiltmanFTW
When a Class 100 character throws you into another Class 100 brick, it doesn't matter if it's fists first, feet first or ****ing head first, every organ is going to get liquefied, if you want to get technical.

Having a bluedickrider in his corner won't get Spidey even 1/10 win here, sorry.

Wolverine took more hits from WWH than Herc before going down... and, as posted on the first page, he was completely fine after a headbutt duel with a ****ing Minotaur, who packed enough striking power to one-shot Hercules:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolvherc_02_11.jpg~original

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/wolvherc_02_12.jpg~original

bluewaterrider

Rogue fastball special'd Logan into the Thing before the KO punch.
Also, keep in mind that's Logan before his major HF upgrades --- and it's his worst durability performance against the Thing, on average he doesn't have a problem with his strikes.

That's why I also included the "Superior" Spider-Man showing, which is post healing factor upgrades and is definitely NOT an order of magnitude greater than what Spider-Man himself can reproduce:

darthgoober

The showing:

I understand what you're saying and agree to a large extent, but there is one thing I feel like needs to be considered when debating Wolverine. Even before WWH Logan had noted that punches from the Hulk practically liquify his organs. Now since Marvel's not the type of place to frequently showcase it's characters being outright dismembered via punches, it's pretty safe to assume that organ liquification is for all intents and purposes the cap on the amount of damage they're willing to deal out most of the time. Since that's the case, I don't really see Wolverine consistantly withstanding punches from high level bricks as being proof that he can't be KO'd by people like Spidey without some unbelievable number of punches because we all know that an all out punch from someone like Spidey SHOULD be capable of effectively liquifying an organ as well. That being the case, I honestly don't see a punch from WWH being that much more damaging than a punch from Spidey(if he's really putting everything he has into the punch) when they're both punching on a character who's healing the damage rather than outright resisting it via physical durability the way Namor or Hercules would.

That doesn't mean I think Spidey wins here because I definately see him KOing himself if he headbuts Wolverine's adamantium skull with all he's got, I just wanted to put that train of thought out there because it's something I've been thinking about for a while.

Mindset
This thread brings back memories of hating Stilt and the rest of the Wolverine brigade.

Damborgson
Nah, front of the head works just fine too:

https://s22.postimg.org/3ug39buc1/amazingspiderman638-normalguythrowscinderblock.jpg

That cinder block was thrown by a human, btw.

Bricks are like high meta in Marvel though.

emu
Originally posted by darthgoober
I understand what you're saying and agree to a large extent, but there is one thing I feel like needs to be considered when debating Wolverine. Even before WWH Logan had noted that punches from the Hulk practically liquify his organs. Now since Marvel's not the type of place to frequently showcase it's characters being outright dismembered via punches, it's pretty safe to assume that organ liquification is for all intents and purposes the cap on the amount of damage they're willing to deal out most of the time. Since that's the case, I don't really see Wolverine consistantly withstanding punches from high level bricks as being proof that he can't be KO'd by people like Spidey without some unbelievable number of punches because we all know that an all out punch from someone like Spidey SHOULD be capable of effectively liquifying an organ as well. That being the case, I honestly don't see a punch from WWH being that much more damaging than a punch from Spidey(if he's really putting everything he has into the punch) when they're both punching on a character who's healing the damage rather than outright resisting it via physical durability the way Namor or Hercules would.

That doesn't mean I think Spidey wins here because I definately see him KOing himself if he headbuts Wolverine's adamantium skull with all he's got, I just wanted to put that train of thought out there because it's something I've been thinking about for a while. You cannot read the entire WWH arc, and then compare that to compound damage by Spiderman, just because it worked for Hulk.
Spidermans strength is above his own durability, so that's no good facing adamantium for starters. Then there's the fact you're using WWH as an example of why Spiderman might win this, when there's no proof that can't be countered 5 scans to one of anyone above Spidermans strength doing the exact same compound damage to Wolverine the way WWH did.

bluewaterrider
I was alluding to the scans you're posting being low showings, as Wolverine has (on many a time) weathered punches like the ones you're posting.

Similar to Spidey being KOed by an old man like the Vulture, for example ... far less durable than adamantium ...

It's worth pointing out that comic book characters change over time, sometimes to such an extent that they are effectively different characters.

Thor is a relatively easy example. In the 1960s, for instance, he had reason to be concerned over policemen with revolvers shooting at him:

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693580_image.jpg

Fast forward about 30 years and even gunfire from criminals with sub machine guns are scarcely more than an annoyance to him:

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34693581_image.jpg

DarkSaint85
erm

That "initial impact" was Wolverine crashing fists first into Ben.

He was essentially DOUBLE protected (by outstretched arms and his adamantium skull) and still was shaken more than Ben at the end of this affair.

Logic is fine and dandy - except Reed specifically says that indeed, the impact left him still dazed, and that Ben was lucky.

Similar, perhaps, to how passengers in airplane accidents - despite throwing their arms up to protect themselves, or despite being in a construction made of steel, can still be shaken.

That's why I also included the "Superior" Spider-Man showing, which is post healing factor upgrades and is definitely NOT an order of magnitude greater than what Spider-Man himself can reproduce:

And why I included my scans - which you did not see, perhaps? I made sure to use a reliable image host, without the trials and tribulations inherent with ones like turboimagehost, so perhaps you just glossed over them?

In any case, I reproduce it, here, for your (and others') edification. Your ignorance of the scans can be telling, however, both to me and to others.

1. Vulture, an old man who, at the time, had no real strength, KOs Spiderman with a kick to the head:
https://s22.postimg.org/qucmxcwpd/RCO006.jpg

2. Random goons with an iron bar and their feet, KO Spiderman with three shots:

3. Aunt May, NOT in her Golden Oldie persona, KOs Spiderman with a vase on his head:
https://s30.postimg.org/6j39g3ggh/awkwardauntmay5b.jpg

4. Taskmaster, who explicitly does NOT have super strength, KOs Spidey with a cane ricocheted off multiple surfaces (a la Daredevil):
http://s24.postimg.org/sdsvkvp8l/103_12b.jpg

5. A random fat guy throws a cinder block, and definitely staggers Spiderman to the point that he is literally seeing stars in the comic, thanks to the artist:

Interestingly, that guy subsequently falls on Spiderman, and KOs him. Said guy then recovers quicker than Spiderman, and walks off, leaving him for dead - THE NEXT MORNING:
https://s22.postimg.org/q7ntw4v9t/4227224-9956865789-amazi.jpg
https://s22.postimg.org/mcp17b1ht/Wq_Tq_BWx.jpg

I can take your point that they are different characters, due to time. Hence my inclusion of said fat guy, where the said event occurred in 2010.

StiltmanFTW

And I countered it with the Maestro showing that happened around the same time, blind man:

FYI, Yost's Wolverine could be flash KO'd by a bullet --- so it's not a valid showing. You want to use that version of Wolverine, then it's ok for me to use Parker who got KO'd by Punisher's kick to the face.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
This thread brings back memories of hating Stilt and the rest of the Wolverine brigade.

Good times... http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

bluewaterrider
I countered it with the Maestro showing that happened around the same time, blind man:

FYI, Yost's Wolverine could be flash KO'd by a bullet --- so it's not a valid showing. You want to use that version of Wolverine, then it's ok for me to use Parker who got KO'd by Punisher's kick to the face.

confused

(Uh-oh. When did that guy show Maestro before now? I really DID miss him posting that, if he did. I don't see how that's a counter, though, so I'll go on posting to D.S. till Stilt decides to post that bullet showing he's talking about.
He's probably just making that up, anyway ...)

StiltmanFTW
On the previous page:

Post what happened shortly after that.

And here is Wolverine from the same era tanking Maestro's hit, back on his feet in the next panel:

Read some comics, blue. Just read some comics.

bluewaterrider

passengers in airplane accidents - despite throwing their arms up to protect themselves, or despite being in a construction made of steel, can still be shaken.

As can a guy with a metal skull?

StiltmanFTW
Why don't you post another pathetic showing of Spider-Man tanking a hit from a perfectly normal human who doesn't even exercise on a regular basis?

BUSTER1
So much for that vaunted Spidey sense, I guess.

Iron bars<<adamantium.

I'm sorry, but that scan can't be used as evidence. The writer of the story it is from, Amazing Spiderman #162, is Len "my Spiderman is crap at fighting" Wein.
When Spiderman is written properly, his spider sense would warn him that the "sniper victim" in the alley, is a gun toting thug, and he would web him up before he can move.
When the 2nd thug goes to whack him, his spider sense + super reflexes would enable him to easily avoid getting hit, and he could then get in a ko punch before the bloke could take another swipe. Even if thug 2 connected, it shouldn't bother a man who has swapped punches with other super humans who are his strength level, 10ton, and above. Full blooded 10tonner punch>>>>>>>>>2 bit thug with iron bar.

Now that i have got that of my chest, I say that Wolverine wins this 10/10.

bluewaterrider
Why don't you post another pathetic showing of Spider-Man tanking a hit from a perfectly normal human who doesn't even exercise on a regular basis?

'Cause it's D.S.'s turn now.

Get back in line.

bluewaterrider

1. Vulture, an old man who, at the time, had no real strength, KOs Spiderman with a kick to the head ...

I can take your point that they are different characters, due to time ...

For purposes of this discussion, "real strength" is effectively Wolverine's level of strength, since he's the actual opponent Spidey's supposed to be going against. I'd be impressed if you could prove Vulture less strong

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34694399_image.jpg

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34694400_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34694401_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34694402_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34694403_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34694404_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34694405_image.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Anything you posted there is even remotely impressive, iyo?

You've lost it, blue.

darthgoober
Originally posted by emu
You cannot read the entire WWH arc, and then compare that to compound damage by Spiderman, just because it worked for Hulk.
Spidermans strength is above his own durability, so that's no good facing adamantium for starters. Then there's the fact you're using WWH as an example of why Spiderman might win this, when there's no proof that can't be countered 5 scans to one of anyone above Spidermans strength doing the exact same compound damage to Wolverine the way WWH did.
Im in no way suggesting Spidey wins this(I very specifically said that I think Spidey would KO himself headbutting Wolverine), nor am I saying that Spidey's damage output is actually equal to WWH. My point is that in regards to tissue/organ damage, Wolverine doesn't actually resist the damage he simply heals it and total organ destruction is total organ destruction whether it comes from 20 tons of force or 1,000,000,000 tons of force. Against someone like Namor who has actual enhanced durability in his muscles and soft tissues, I absolutely think that Spidey would need to deliver a lot more punches than Hulk to achieve a KO, but against someone like Wolverine I don't think he would because if he's not holding back Spidey should be able to cause total organ destruction with a single punch as well.

By the same token, if you drop a person out of a plane at 50,000 feat and they heal the damage it doesn't mean that healing the damage from dropping them out 20,000 feat will be any "easier" to heal because in both cases their body is receiving the same amount of damage... their body is totally f*cked.

Ize19
Im in no way suggesting Spidey wins this(I very specifically said that I think Spidey would KO himself headbutting Wolverine), nor am I saying that Spidey's damage output is actually equal to WWH. My point is that in regards to tissue/organ damage, Wolverine doesn't actually resist the damage he simply heals it and total organ destruction is total organ destruction whether it comes from 20 tons of force or 1,000,000,000 tons of force. Against someone like Namor who has actual enhanced durability in his muscles and soft tissues, I absolutely think that Spidey would need to deliver a lot more punches than Hulk to achieve a KO, but against someone like Wolverine I don't think he would because if he's not htolding back Spidey should be able to cause total organ destruction with a single punch as well.

By the same token, if you drop a person out of a plane at 50,000 feat and they heal the damage it doesn't mean that healing the damage from dropping them out 20,000 feat will be any "easier" to heal because in both cases their body is receiving the same amount of damage... their body is totally f*cked.

I think the thing you're forgetting is his adamantium skeleton, which absorbs a ton of the force he receives before the damage reaches his organs. Otherwise showings like tanking Spider-Man's all out barrage of punches in the cemetery don't make sense, but that's far from the only time he's taken a barrage of superhuman punches.

I think that's when Hulk level strength makes a difference, being strong enough to liquify the organs of not just someone with human durability, but enough that there's enough damage to do so even after the adamantium has absorbed a significant portion of it.

darthgoober
I think the thing you're forgetting is his adamantium skeleton, which absorbs a ton of the force he receives before the damage reaches his organs. Otherwise showings like tanking Spider-Man's all out barrage of punches in the cemetery don't make sense, but that's far from the only time he's taken a barrage of superhuman punches.

I think that's when Hulk level strength makes a difference, being strong enough to liquify the organs of not just someone with human durability, but enough that there's enough damage to do so even after the adamantium has absorbed a significant portion of it.
Yeah but it's not like it can be definitively said that Spidey was using "all out punches" in their cemetary fight. Spidey didn't even think about going for the kill until the very end of their fight after all. What's more, it's not like Spidey's level of strength and the effectiveness of Wolverine's healing factor are handled with 100% consistancy. I'm less opposed to the idea that Spidey can't KO Wolverine in 7 hits than I am the idea that it REQUIRES the equivelent of 7 WWH punches to do so. Wolverine has been KO'd by less after all and what I'm saying is that him being KO'd by less doesn't actually contradict him withstanding multiple hits from top guys because a brain melting is a brain melting regardless of how many tons went into the melting of said brain.

One_Angry_Scot
Yeah but it's not like it can be definitively said that Spidey was using "all out punches" in their cemetary fight. Spidey didn't even think about going for the kill until the very end of their fight after all. What's more, it's not like Spidey's level of strength and the effectiveness of Wolverine's healing factor are handled with 100% consistancy. I'm less opposed to the idea that Spidey can't KO Wolverine in 7 hits than I am the idea that it REQUIRES the equivelent of 7 WWH punches to do so. Wolverine has been KO'd by less after all and what I'm saying is that him being KO'd by less doesn't actually contradict him withstanding multiple hits from top guys because a brain melting is a brain melting regardless of how many tons went into the melting of said brain.

thumb up

The instance of Sentry ko'ing Logan with one shot attests to that. Not saying what that means to WWH before just in case someone suggests that's what I'm implying. But thought I'd add to what you said.

Ize19

"Wolverine has an adamantium skull. I bash away with everything I've got." "I'm hitting him hard enough to wreck cars." I mean, seems kinda hard to argue he wasn't going all out to me.

Right, the WWH feat is high end, but it's not alone on that high end or anything. The fact is, Spider-Man knocking out Wolverine with any small number of punches is contradicted by the amount of times he's failed to do so, not by WWH's success.

Sure, but Spider-Man being capable of brain melting someone with an adamantium skull can't be taken for granted, especially given his failures to do so.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
thumb up

The instance of Sentry ko'ing Logan with one shot attests to that. Not saying what that means to WWH before just in case someone suggests that's what I'm implying. But thought I'd add to what you said.

I'll go one better and contribute some visuals:

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695444_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695445_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695446_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695447_image.jpg

Philosophía
I agree that Wolverine wins, but the disingenuous approach of 'Jameson punching Spiderman' vs 'WWH punching Wolverine' is staggering.

Anybody making fun of carver after this thread should combust instantaneously.

bluewaterrider
Anything you posted there is even remotely impressive, iyo?

I'm not sure you understand the concept of context, Stilt.

I'm not trying to prove the Vulture is strong compared to the Hulk, I'm answering D.S.'s claim that the Vulture is just an old man with an old man's relatively negligible physical strength. He's a cut above that. Even in his early appearances he had the strength to lift manhole covers with ease, for instance.

Fact, because some other poster lumped you in with a bunch of Wolverine fanatics and you told me to read some comics, I'm going to issue you a challenge relative to this thread. I know of only 3 instances of Wolverine displaying greater than Olympian strength, POSSIBLY 4. Those are:

-- knocking Rogue through some kind of wall
-- knocking either Sabretooth and/ or some clawed mutant like him with a healing factor out, underwater, with enough force that he did damage to the side of the pool they'd landed in
-- resisting the power of The Hellfire Club's Harry Leland to the point of partial floor collapse of their clubhouse. Logan thinks to himself he must weigh tons, though he has no real reference to this from anything I've seen, just that he feels heavy. It halts his advance, then brings him to his knees. For the sake of argument I'll assume his assessment correct.

I think the pool episode occurs in some story where Wolverine thinks the mutant may actually be his brother, and it's not Sabretooth; this mutant actually looks like Wolverine, albeit with a single metal claw instead of 3 metal ones.

Challenge is this: Show me, APART from these 3 or 4 showings (Sabretooth would be the 4th if he's done the pool punch with Sabretooth) where Wolverine has ever displayed strength greater than the Vulture does against Daredevil or Spider-Man in my previous showing, at any point in his career.
I seriously doubt you can, and I'll even be impressed if you show head feats greater than the Vulture unwittingly achieves, though strength is the only real focus here.

Bring it ... IF you think you can.

bluewaterrider
Response to D.S.

Vulture is hardly your typical old man in relation to "normal" comic book people.

Note that he lightly lifts Daredevil WHILE uprooting a stone monument weighing several hundred pounds ... AFTER shrugging of a headfirst crash into a gravestone. It doesn't even stop his flight!

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695448_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695449_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695450_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695451_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695452_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695453_image.jpg

bluewaterrider
For DarkStilt.

Part of the 2nd battle between the Vulture and Daredevil:

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695459_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695460_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695461_image.jpg

bluewaterrider
Wolverine versus Rogue, Round 2.

One of only 3, possibly 4 showings that I know of where Wolverine is shown on a level that MIGHT match the Vulture display or displays earlier in the thread:

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695499_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695500_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695501_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695502_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34695503_image.jpg

bluewaterrider
Wolverine versus Harry Leland.

I say Vulture, the "old man without real strength" is stronger than Wolverine.

Perhaps only the following showing, and perhaps 2 or 3 others even seem to put Wolvy in the class of the 1st physical and colorful costumed villain Spidey fought.

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695608_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695609_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695611_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695612_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695613_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695614_image.jpg

Ize19
Wolverine versus Harry Leland.

I say Vulture, the "old man without real strength" is stronger than Wolverine.

Perhaps only the following showing, and perhaps 2 or 3 others even seem to put Wolvy in the class of the 1st physical and colorful costumed villain Spidey fought.

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695608_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695609_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695611_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695612_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695613_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34695614_image.jpg

I know the challenge is for Stilt, but as he's not on right now, I thought I'd post a few feats in response.

Here Wolverine holds up an elevator full of people:
http://imgur.com/iwskHIl

Here Wolverine opens up a pressurized cabin door:
http://imgur.com/DtlSJML

He kicks off the head of a cybernetically enhance ninja:
http://imgur.com/QF5eKsf

He uses sheer strength to break these restraints:
http://imgur.com/qZRVLlQ

Those same restraints held both Beast and Rogue:
http://imgur.com/aHP5MWx

bluewaterrider
I know the challenge is for Stilt, but as he's not on right now, I thought I'd post a few feats in response.

Here Wolverine opens up a pressurized cabin door:
http://imgur.com/DtlSJML

He kicks off the head of a cybernetically enhance ninja:
http://imgur.com/QF5eKsf

He uses sheer strength to break these restraints:
http://imgur.com/qZRVLlQ

Those same restraints held both Beast and Rogue:
http://imgur.com/aHP5MWx

I have no real concept for how easy or difficult the pressure cabinet is.
It seems to impress you, so I'll count it as high as lifting a manhole cover, no problem.

Kicking the head off the mech-ninja doesn't impress me, to be frank; Wolverine is known to be a top martial artist; virtual any Marvel martial artist could do the same.

Those restraints are in an X-Men comic I used to be fairly familiar with.
Beast actually does break out of those to save his friends from Sabretooth in that same issue.

I am impressed by the elevator scene, though. One-handed at that?

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34696090_image.jpg

Yeah, that IS pretty good ...

StiltmanFTW
If you're impressed by the elevaor scene, then you should shut the **** up.

You've been here for years, stop lying those are the first scans you saw.

Take your pills.

Damborgson
I have no real concept for how easy or difficult the pressure cabinet is.
It seems to impress you, so I'll count it as high as lifting a manhole cover, no problem.

Bro. Lol.

bluewaterrider
If you're impressed by the elevaor scene, then you should shut the **** up.

You've been here for years, stop lying those are the first scans you saw.

Being here for years doesn't mean I followed Wolverine all that time.
Not everyone is a fan of his to the degree you apparently are.

bluewaterrider
Spider-Man comics aren't like Thor comics, D.

You generally don't have characters crushing down tanks into hammers; objects are given some aspects of realism. Most people don't realize, for instance, that manhole covers and the like tend to be solid metal and can easily
exceed a hundred pounds or more in weight. They're actually quite cumbersome for ordinary people to move without special equipment.

Spider-Man's writers, at least in this particular instance, seem to recognize that. Note Vulture's comment:

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34696124_image.jpg

emu
Im in no way suggesting Spidey wins this(I very specifically said that I think Spidey would KO himself headbutting Wolverine), nor am I saying that Spidey's damage output is actually equal to WWH. My point is that in regards to tissue/organ damage, Wolverine doesn't actually resist the damage he simply heals it and total organ destruction is total organ destruction whether it comes from 20 tons of force or 1,000,000,000 tons of force. Against someone like Namor who has actual enhanced durability in his muscles and soft tissues, I absolutely think that Spidey would need to deliver a lot more punches than Hulk to achieve a KO, but against someone like Wolverine I don't think he would because if he's not holding back Spidey should be able to cause total organ destruction with a single punch as well.

By the same token, if you drop a person out of a plane at 50,000 feat and they heal the damage it doesn't mean that healing the damage from dropping them out 20,000 feat will be any "easier" to heal because in both cases their body is receiving the same amount of damage... their body is totally f*cked. I understand that, but then you would have to explain the numerous times Wolverine has survived being punched far more than seven times, and survived easily at that, by superhumans far exceeding Spiderman.
Throw on panel evidence into the mix, there is no comic on earth where Spiderman would overload Wolverines HF in seven punches, outside of pis/cis.

Ize19
Spider-Man comics aren't like Thor comics, D.

You generally don't have characters crushing down tanks into hammers; objects are given some aspects of realism. Most people don't realize, for instance, that manhole covers and the like tend to be solid metal and can easily
exceed a hundred pounds or more in weight. They're actually quite cumbersome for ordinary people to move without special equipment.

Spider-Man's writers, at least in this particular instance, seem to recognize that. Note Vulture's comment:

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34696124_image.jpg

Opening a pressurized airplane door requires using 3-4 tons of force. That's a little heavier than "a hundred pounds or more in weight."

Any top martial artist can completely separate someones head from their shoulders with a kick? Fine, show me any not explicitly superhuman martial artist doing so. One.

And Beast only broke free after Maverick tampered with his leg restraints. Wolverine's escape was much more impressive.

bluewaterrider
Opening a pressurized airplane door requires using 3-4 tons of force. That's a little heavier than "a hundred pounds or more in weight."

Any top martial artist can completely separate someones head from their shoulders with a kick? Fine, show me any not explicitly superhuman martial artist doing so. One.

1. Karate Kid. He's not explicitly superhuman. And he would do that quite easily.

2. I looked up the airplane door thing.
One, that looks like the kind of plane people jump out of. Are you sure it even IS pressurized, or are you assuming? Where is that scan from?

3-4 tons would be 6,000 to 8,000 pounds. National Geographic gives an estimate of 1,000 pounds.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/05/130528-airplane-door-open-midflight-pilot-eject/

Mind you, that's still very impressive, but that would still make your elevator showing the proper leader.

TheHulk
Oh my god this thread...

Ize19
1. Karate Kid. He's not explicitly superhuman. And he would do that quite easily.

2. I looked up the airplane door thing.
One, that looks like the kind of plane people jump out of. Are you sure it even IS pressurized, or are you assuming? Where is that scan from?

3-4 tons would be 6,000 to 8,000 pounds. National Geographic gives an estimate of 1,000 pounds.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/05/130528-airplane-door-open-midflight-pilot-eject/

Mind you, that's still very impressive, but that would still make your elevator showing the proper leader.

1. Lol, Karate Kid? You mean the character who accomplishes explicitly superhuman feats strictly due to his martial arts mastery, and therefore is considered leagues above every other martial artist? Considering you first said "virtually any Marvel martial artist could do the same," this is clearly a bs copout.

And since I said show me, and your only example was someone who hadn't performed the feat, but had performed such clearly superhuman feats that no one would doubt that he could, clearly he is not a valid example.

2. It was a helicarrier, and the part of the helicarrier that carried normal passengers without oxygen masks. That would mean it would have to be pressurized, and since Wolverine took it upon himself to open the door, without getting any clearance, it's clear that it wasn't depressurized for them. Plus, we see him putting his foot against the side of the helicarrier to increase his force, which wouldn't be necessary if it wasn't pressurized. The scan is from Wolverine: Debt of Death.

That quote was clearly a rough calculation, and I have two articles by two different pilots, who put it at 3-4 tons on average:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2016/10/27/ is_it_possible_to_open_an_airplane_door_mid_flight
.html

And 1,100 pounds per sq ft, which, looking at the scan, would make it about a five ton feat:

http://www.askthepilot.com/questionanswers/exits/

Anyway, since we're now arguing about the degree to which Wolverine is stronger than Vulture (lol) maybe that can be considered proven, and more fruitful lines of debate considered.

emu
All anyone had to do was punch Wolverine repeatedly with Spider strength and durability to burn out Logans HF..
Stupid fking Charlie and his wonky protocols, what was he thinking lol

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Dareangel
I take the point where he unclenches his fists, to be where he was useless.. After the third punch from WWH, he was still slashing away at Hulk. Hell, after the 5th, he was still slashing away. So not useless, and still fighting back.

So it took more than FIVE punches from a pissed off WWH. ONE punch didn't do it. TWO didn't. THREE didn't.

So yeah, we do know at which point he was useless. By the 6th, he was senseless, going limp.

So unless you can prove to me that Spidey can output more damage than 5 punches from a WWH who is deliberately trying to beat Wolvy senseless, you don't have much of an argument.

Meanwhile, don't forget, Hulk's fists won't be suffering brain damage. Equal and opposite reactions, and all that. If Spidey is causing enough damage to rattle Wolvy's brain, he will be suffering it himself, too.

Except his skull is less durable than adamantium, and his HF is slower than Wolvy's.

i will have to disagree. be with me on this one. after the first punch i will give him that, he kept slashing. however when he got punch again, look at all the other punches. after the second punch it seems like he is not slashing anymore but his claws are stuck. his left arm claws are stuck in hulks right arm, whole his right arm claws slashed his arm and it suums like the third claw is simply stuck. the way i see it wolverine is not slashing anymore but his claws are stuck inside hulk arms. he was able to execute those slashed only after the first punch. therefor, for all that we know wolverine can take 1 WWH punch and 2 WWH punches are taking him out. now, regardless of thios point, again, i will repeat that its not about the strength difference as long as you have the power to tilt the brain inside the skull. remember, in order to break a stick spiderman doesnt have to be WWH level. both of them can break the stick. so as far as i see it, even if we take all the punches as counted, it only tells us that this is the amount of times his brain can be tilted inside of his skull until he is done. therefor, my argument still stands that spiderman can do the same. and yes i believe spiderman will be able to execute 2 strikes before he is out by himself.

P.s sorry it takes me days to replay i am only fully resting on weekends sad

Dareangel
Originally posted by emu
I remember Roughhouse did nothing but work up a sweat trying to punch the healing factor out of Logan, and that was without his adamantium. That to me means when it comes to blunt force trauma concerning Wolverine, there's slaps, then there's WWfukinH.
And just a few pages back there's a scan showing Spidermans durabilty isn't worth his strength, especially when he breaks his hand punching Hammerhead. While you're arguing Parkers durability, you might of missed that.

what does roughouse has to do with anything? whats his power level? was he hitting wolverine over and over again non stop? and by the way when wolverine lost his adamantium his healing factor only increased because his healing factor didnt have to deal with protecting him from adamantium poisioning.
bringing low showings and lowballing a character is not an argument. you can do better than that...

Ize19
i will have to disagree. be with me on this one. after the first punch i will give him that, he kept slashing. however when he got punch again, look at all the other punches. after the second punch it seems like he is not slashing anymore but his claws are stuck. his left arm claws are stuck in hulks right arm, whole his right arm claws slashed his arm and it suums like the third claw is simply stuck. the way i see it wolverine is not slashing anymore but his claws are stuck inside hulk arms. he was able to execute those slashed only after the first punch. therefor, for all that we know wolverine can take 1 WWH punch and 2 WWH punches are taking him out. now, regardless of thios point, again, i will repeat that its not about the strength difference as long as you have the power to tilt the brain inside the skull. remember, in order to break a stick spiderman doesnt have to be WWH level. both of them can break the stick. so as far as i see it, even if we take all the punches as counted, it only tells us that this is the amount of times his brain can be tilted inside of his skull until he is done. therefor, my argument still stands that spiderman can do the same. and yes i believe spiderman will be able to execute 2 strikes before he is out by himself.

That's a horrible interpretation of the scene. You can clearly see motion lines indicating an actual slash during the second and third punches, both of his sets of claws come free during the fourth punch, then his shifted position show that he threw a final (on panel) slash during the fifth punch. The six and seventh punches they focus on Wolverine's face more, so he was probably incapable of fighting back by the sixth punch, though going by his face actual knockout wasn't achieved until the seventh.

Lol, Wolverine being incapacitated by two Spider-Man headbutts is laughable. Don't forget, not only is Spider-Man taking damage from Wolverine's adamantium skull, but that skull is absorbing a lot of the damage. Taking into account the fact that Wolverine's outlasted a non-stop assault on his head from Spider-Man twice before, it's much more likely that Spider-Man cracks his head open than he manages to replicate WWH's feat here.

emu
Considering the topic, if Roughhouse wasn't hitting wolverine over an extended amount of time specifically to burn out Wolverines HF I wouldn't of brought it up :/
Roughhouse is linked to Asgard, and at the least hinted to be a troll.
I'd throw scans at you, but my collections gone, and I'm on my phone....kill me.
And it doesn't matter if Logans HF was better back then, since Logan has adamantium for this it comes down to Spidermans durability than anything else.

emu
Anyone having probs with the quote button?

DarkSaint85
As can a guy with a metal skull?

Exactly. Hence my point, which is that being thrown into Thing (who is more durable than Spidey) by Rogue (who is stronger than Spidey) was still affecting him.

Originally posted by BUSTER1
I'm sorry, but that scan can't be used as evidence. The writer of the story it is from, Amazing Spiderman #162, is Len "my Spiderman is crap at fighting" Wein.
When Spiderman is written properly, his spider sense would warn him that the "sniper victim" in the alley, is a gun toting thug, and he would web him up before he can move.
When the 2nd thug goes to whack him, his spider sense + super reflexes would enable him to easily avoid getting hit, and he could then get in a ko punch before the bloke could take another swipe. Even if thug 2 connected, it shouldn't bother a man who has swapped punches with other super humans who are his strength level, 10ton, and above. Full blooded 10tonner punch>>>>>>>>>2 bit thug with iron bar.

Now that i have got that of my chest, I say that Wolverine wins this 10/10.

Fair enough. It still happened, and the reason for me using it, is the same as bluewater using his scans. HIS writer believed that Spiderman could do that to Wolverine; MY writer believes a random human wielding an iron bar could do that to Spiderman.

For purposes of this discussion, "real strength" is effectively Wolverine's level of strength, since he's the actual opponent Spidey's supposed to be going against. I'd be impressed if you could prove Vulture less strong

Except it is also 'Spiderman's durability', as HE is the actual opponent Wolverine is going against.

But OK.

Here is Wolverine swinging Dragonman AND Black Panther around by said Dragonman's tail:
http://i.imgur.com/9ua8Aox.jpg

Note, too, it was against the propulsive force generated by his wings. Dragonman, for those of you who don't know, is around 3 tons in weight. Panther weighs some more, on top of that. But yes, several hundred pounds (as with Daredevil and the headstone) sounds impressive!

Vulture matches Daredevil in strength? Cute. Wolverine matches Warpath in strength:
http://i.imgur.com/NLOE3nl.png

But like I said:

In any case, I reproduce it, here, for your (and others') edification. Your ignorance of the scans can be telling, however, both to me and to others.

You only seemed to focus on Toomes. No mention of dear old Aunt May? Random fat guy with his cinder block? Who KO'd Spidey just by falling on him?

Look at his right arm. Also, Ize has already pointed out what I was going to type.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by emu
Anyone having probs with the quote button?

In general the system has a lot more problems than it used to.

If you're trying to quote the poster Philosophia the standard way, give up; the man has anti-media protection or something ...

bluewaterrider

Fair enough. It still happened, and the reason for me using it, is the same as bluewater using his scans. HIS writer believed that Spiderman could do that to Wolverine; MY writer believes a random human wielding an iron bar could do that to Spiderman ...

Your lawyers against my lawyers, eh?

StiltmanFTW

DarkSaint85
Your lawyers against my lawyers, eh?

It's a showing that happened in a canon comic.

Is that a low showing that should be ignored, due to Spiderman's plethora of other showings? Sure.

Is that a low showing that should be ignored, due to Wolverine's plethora of other showings? Sure.

bluewaterrider

You only seemed to focus on Toomes. No mention of dear old Aunt May? Random fat guy with his cinder block? Who KO'd Spidey just by falling on him?

I don't know your comic or how far Spidey and fat guy fell.

I recall Wolverine was knocked out, indeed almost killed, the one time I know of that someone fell on HIM from significant height, even though they landed on snow:

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34698866_image.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34698867_image.jpg

As for the other?

Even Wolverine knows better than to step to May Parker:

https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34698885_image.jpg

DarkSaint85
I don't know your comic or how far Spidey and fat guy fell.

I recall Wolverine was knocked out, indeed almost killed, the one time I know of that someone fell on HIM from significant height, even though they landed on snow:

As for the other?

Even Wolverine knows better than to step to May Parker:

That someone, of course, being a SOMEONE, as opposed to a random fat guy. Not sure if you know of him, but that is Sabretooth, a guy who is meant to be faster/stronger/more durable than Wolverine himself.

A guy who breaks his hand punching Wolverine.

http://i.imgur.com/jhzCqwj.png

In any case, he sure is heavier than this guy, who is so slight even Wolverine, no giant himself, calls 'elf':
http://s22.postimg.org/4416qevyp/ff250_13_14.jpg
http://s9.postimg.org/c97r8lxwv/ff250_14_15.jpg

DarkSaint85
Perhaps we are both being unfair. Characters job all the time to others, after all.

How do Spiderman and Wolverine react to bullets?

https://s24.postimg.org/udtkdlsr9/image.jpg
https://s24.postimg.org/vhdopkded/image.jpg

Note, too, that it is a mere glancing blow to the head.

StiltmanFTW
You're now taking Logan's adamantium away, blue? laughing out loud

bluewaterrider
You're now taking Logan's adamantium away, blue?

Some people are giving this thread fairly serious treatment; no reason I shouldn't follow suit.

How else to "test" statements like the following from the preceding pages of this thread?

Without his healing factor, yes, probably.

With his HF, he wouldn't even notice that.

I showed that first Sabretooth Wolverine fight for the reason I mentioned; no other showing came to mind to parallel "hero falling from great height and getting knocked out as guy falls on top of hero".

But it's worth exploring just the same:

What knocks out Wolverine when he has neither healing factor nor adamantium?
What knocks out Wolverine when he HAS healing factor but no adamantium?
What knocks out Wolverine when he has NO healing factor but has adamantium?
What knocks out Wolverine when he has BOTH healing factor and adamantium?

DarkSaint85
Lucky for you I posted my scan of the diminutive Nightcrawler falling on top of Spiderman, knocking him out, then!

bluewaterrider
https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34699230_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34699231_image.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34699232_image.jpg

bluewaterrider
Lucky for you I posted my scan of the diminutive Nightcrawler falling on top of Spiderman, knocking him out, then!

Something doesn't seem kosher, there.
Why does Spidey talk as if they've met before and that Nightcrawler's strength is far greater than he remembers?
Why does Nightcrawler talk like Dracula, seemingly considering whether Spidey should get a bite to the neck or not?
Where is that scan from?

DarkSaint85
Something doesn't seem kosher, there.
Why does Spidey talk as if they've met before and that Nightcrawler's strength is far greater than he remembers?
Why does Nightcrawler talk like Dracula, seemingly considering whether Spidey should get a bite to the neck or not?
Where is that scan from?
Why do any of those details matter?

Reason for my question is,its not as if Spiderman was being choked out, or he was knocked out by Kurt's punch.

He was still conscious and inquisitive AFTER Kurt used his strength.

The only question you should be asking is, was Kurt denser than normal? Because that was all that was used to KO poor Spidey.

Despite falling into a pile of rubbish, from a not considerable height.

bluewaterrider

Why do any of those details matter?

Reason for my question is, it's not as if Spiderman was being choked out, or he was knocked out by Kurt's punch.

He was still conscious and inquisitive AFTER Kurt used his strength.

The only question you should be asking is, was Kurt denser than normal? Because that was all that was used to KO poor Spidey.

Despite falling into a pile of rubbish, from a not considerable height.

Are you normally THIS deceptive, Dark?

I searched and managed to find where that's from. That's not Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler at all.
That's a skrull. A skrull, as I type this, who apparently was, in true form, indistinguishable from another who successfully duplicated Colossus and HIS considerable weight and physical prowess.

Your submission, in fact, is from Fantastic Four #250, the issue the Shiar's Gladiator is introduced to the FF.

http://peerlesspower.blogspot.com/2015/05/from-ashes-of-defeat.html?m=1

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>