Crossbones VS Diamondback

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HellRider
Crossbones has his armored suit and piston fists from CA:CW

Diamondback has his Hammertech suit

Setting: Inside Loki's helicarrier cell from "The Avengers".

Rules: Fight to the death. After 5 minutes Loki pushes the release button. If a fighter is killed before the time limit , he frees the winner.

KingD19
Diamondback wins with ease. Like ridiculous ease.

He's a golden gloves champion so he knows how to fight.

His suit absorbs kinetic energy to power him up. So every hit will not only not hurt him, it'll make him stronger.

He was strong enough to toss Luke around and make him bleed, who would manhandle Crossbones.

FrothByte
Diamondback wins but it's not with ease. Rumlow even as a human was able to land hits on Cap and block hits from Cap. That's a better skill feat than any I've seen from Diamondback. And while DB's suit absorbs kinetic energy I don't know how it will deal with Crossbone's knives.

But DB still wins, he just has better showings overall. But it won't be as easy as some may think.

HellRider
Great points. I'm leaning more towards DB but he definitely won't win with ease. He wasn't that impressive in terms of H2H. Brock IMO showed more fighting skills. I think it's a close fight and here's why: DB's suit was very durable but it seemed like the suit was taking a big toll on his stamina. Also, his helmet had a big opening over his mouth/chin. If Crossbones can land a big piston punch on his chin coupled with his retractable blade than DB is done.

John Murdoch
If Diamondback can get a power punch or two in at the outset of the fight, he wins due to having some insane punching/knockback power. He had the ability to rock Luke, whose power of no-selling everything was only bested by plot-device bullets and, of course, Diamondback himself.

However, HellRider, you have a good point: if Crossbones can get a piston punch in or two to the grill plus a Baraka blade to the face, game blouses. Also, if Crossbones can outlast Diamondback - a definite possibility as Diamondback gets gassed from the suit rather quickly - Crossbones would win.

How's Diamondback's suit on piercing durability? Could Crossbones immediately go for a stabby stabby?

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch
If Diamondback can get a power punch or two in at the outset of the fight, he wins due to having some insane punching/knockback power. He had the ability to rock Luke, whose power of no-selling everything was only bested by plot-device bullets and, of course, Diamondback himself.

However, HellRider, you have a good point: if Crossbones can get a piston punch in or two to the grill plus a Baraka blade to the face, game blouses. Also, if Crossbones can outlast Diamondback - a definite possibility as Diamondback gets gassed from the suit rather quickly - Crossbones would win.

How's Diamondback's suit on piercing durability? Could Crossbones immediately go for a stabby stabby?

Basing on just their skill showings, I'm willing to bet the first 4-6 shots landed will be from Crossbones. Now if he decides to open up early with those knuckle blades then he might just win a very short match.

My personal take is that Crossbones can win a short match or DB will win a prolonged match. Even though DB does seem to gas out, he was still able to take more punishment than CB.

KingD19
And most if not all of those shots will be from the pistons. He used each knife once the entire fight.

Also each punch will just make Diamondback stronger.

TheLordofMurder
I think Diamondback wins this...

He's not one of my favorite characters, but I will admit that he is formidible...

I also agree with the majority here that Crossbones could win with an early killshot it its able to get through..

At the end though, Crossbones used that knife only once and Diamondback appears to be more formidible hand to hand due to that KE absorbing suit...

I'd pick Diamondback to win 8/10...

TheVaultDweller
I would side with Diamondback here. Crossbones only whipped those blades out very late in the game against Cap. And Cap was clearly not even trying to kill him. Diamondback won't think twice about murdering his ass. Hell, he'd do it with a big smile. Also, deadened nerves can only help you so much in a fight, and Diamondback does not pull his punches. He hit a human cop, who was wearing body armour, with enough force to send him flying over 20 feet, cave his chest in, and bend the plating of the armour. His hits were even wearing down Luke, who has shrugged off all kinds of damage before. Brock's armour is only going to help so much before bones start to break. Like the knee under the chin that sent Luke flying would snap Brock's neck. I see Brock landing more hits in the beginning, but once Willis hits him he is going to hurt him, and then it's downhill for Crossbones from there.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I would side with Diamondback here. Crossbones only whipped those blades out very late in the game against Cap. And Cap was clearly not even trying to kill him. Diamondback won't think twice about murdering his ass. Hell, he'd do it with a big smile. Also, deadened nerves can only help you so much in a fight, and Diamondback does not pull his punches. He hit a human cop, who was wearing body armour, with enough force to send him flying over 20 feet, cave his chest in, and bend the plating of the armour. His hits were even wearing down Luke, who has shrugged off all kinds of damage before. Brock's armour is only going to help so much before bones start to break. Like the knee under the chin that sent Luke flying would snap Brock's neck. I see Brock landing more hits in the beginning, but once Willis hits him he is going to hurt him, and then it's downhill for Crossbones from there.

Except if Brock lands more hits in the beginning and hits DB's face then DB will be in trouble. Heck, CB isn't stupid. The moment he sees his bodyshots not doing much against DB he'll take out his knives.

KingD19
His bodyshots weren't doing much against Cap. He knocked him back, but Cap wasn't hurt. Every hit had him immediately back in the fight. And it's not like DB can't dodge or anything. Golden Glove Champion.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Except if Brock lands more hits in the beginning and hits DB's face then DB will be in trouble. Heck, CB isn't stupid. The moment he sees his bodyshots not doing much against DB he'll take out his knives.

I said more, but I did not say exclusively. The thing that tips it to one side for me is that Brock has only a small area that he can realistically target, whereas Diamondback can aim anywhere. We don't even know if the blades can pierce the suit, seeing as multiple bullets bounced off it without any harm. Brock can potentially win, but I feel that Diamondback has a far greater chance of success.

And actually, Brock did fight somewhat stupidly. If he had any sense, he would have whipped out the blades from the get go, and stabbed Steve in the back when he had the element of surprise.

John Murdoch
Good thread thus far.

I'll throw 7-8/10 majority to Diamondback. The other 2-3 takes into account Rumlow going in with the blades immediately for a quick kill.

EDIT: I lean more to Diamondback now after reading through the various comments bringing up his bulletproof showings (durability) and the extrapolating on his murdering the police officer in the jeans and hoodie (bending back the armor plate, crushing the officer's chest beneath the armor plate).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.