Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
The Rock confirms Black Adam solo news coming soon!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQyl2A1_ZQ

Surtur
Nice, Black Adam is awesome. Let us hope they don't ruin him.

BruceSkywalker
its already ruined.. he'll beat up cavil in man of steel 2 as well

riv6672
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The Rock confirms Black Adam solo news coming soon!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQyl2A1_ZQ

Love me some Black Adam. thumb up

vansonbee
Am I getting this right? Black Adam is the prequel to Captain Marvel introduction? Is this movie going to take place back in ancient Egypt or we going to have Black Adam driving off like "fast and furious" in modern age?

Zack M
The Rock teases a big Black Adam surprise is coming to the DC Films universe

I can't wait. Rock is gonna kill it as Adam! thumb up

juggernaut74
He's going to slap Chris Evans back to the Fantastic Four and Chris Pratt back to sitcom TV.

Flyattractor
When did Black Adam exactly become a "Anti-Hero" from a Super Villain?

KingD19
Originally posted by Flyattractor
When did Black Adam exactly become a "Anti-Hero" from a Super Villain?

When he forcibly overthrew Khandaq's corrupt and oppressive government. From there he basically withdrew from the world and focused on running his kingdom. And he actually did a damn good job, to the point where the people loved him unconditionally and didn't give a shit about anything he'd done, even as Theo Adam and Teth Adam back in the Egyptian days. He was also on the JSA for a bit.

-Pr-
It was a shame he had to go and ruin it all by murdering an entire country.

BruceSkywalker
he will be portrayed as an anti-hero, imo...

he will join the justice league in the sequel, if there is one

marwash22
Originally posted by -Pr-
It was a shame he had to go and ruin it all by murdering an entire country. in his defense, they started it. Adam was minding his business and they killed his wife and almost destroyed his country... i don't really blame him for going all John Wick on Bialya; they were a casualty.

irrc, didn't you defend Namor for similar actions against Wakanda?

Flyattractor
As long as it keeps Dwayne out of the proposed Lobo movie,
I am all for the Black Adam Movie.

KingD19
He's not wrong though. Even though Adam was definitely justified to a point, he took it deep into pure villain territory. Killing his best friend in Atom Smasher, killing scores of innocent people who had nothing to do with Isis' death, etc...

WW3 turned him from Anti-Hero to Villain, no questions asked.

marwash22
he killed innocent people, a reprehensible act, sure... but his actions were brought on by grief and revenge, not pure villainy.

don't star-teth none, won't be be-teth none.

KingD19
Originally posted by marwash22
he killed innocent people, a reprehensible act, sure... but his actions were brought on by grief and revenge, not pure villainy.

don't star-teth none, won't be be-teth none.

Grief against a single digit % of an entire country responsible for his wife's death and what not does not excuse him retaliating against innocents, women, children, civilians who had nothing to do with what happened. That's villainous no matter how you want to look at it.

-Pr-
To me, there's a difference between reasons and excuses. I won't even pretend that If I was in Adam's position I wouldn't have done the same thing, but I honestly don't think that he can do what he did and be considered an anti-hero in general, even if his behaviour shifts as such.

There are plenty of villains who don't have villainous motives who are still considered villains, after all.

Originally posted by marwash22
in his defense, they started it. Adam was minding his business and they killed his wife and almost destroyed his country... i don't really blame him for going all John Wick on Bialya; they were a casualty.

irrc, didn't you defend Namor for similar actions against Wakanda?

I genuinely don't remember if I did. I might have. Though I admit, I don't read a lot of Namor or Panther, so there's a chance it wasn't me.

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
Grief against a single digit % of an entire country responsible for his wife's death and what not does not excuse him retaliating against innocents, women, children, civilians who had nothing to do with what happened. That's villainous no matter how you want to look at it. i don't disagree that he's more villain than anti-hero... i'm just saying, he didn't wake up one day an decide, "the world must burn today".

he had... reasons.

edit: also, those kids had it coming.

riv6672
To me, there's a difference between reasons and excuses. I won't even pretend that If I was in Adam's position I wouldn't have done the same thing, but I honestly don't think that he can do what he did and be considered an anti-hero in general, even if his behaviour shifts as such.

There are plenty of villains who don't have villainous motives who are still considered villains, after all.

I genuinely don't remember if I did. I might have. Though I admit, I don't read a lot of Namor or Panther, so there's a chance it wasn't me.
Dont start none, wont be none.

Pretty simple rule of thumb. Did innocents get caught in the crossfire? Yes. And that was the most realistic part of the story, sadly.

Surtur
It was a shame he had to go and ruin it all by murdering an entire country.

Remember that time he called a press conference in Metropolis and then ripped a super villain in half in front of everyone, including a horrified Lois Lane? Good times.

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/5074608_orig.jpg

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/6197519_orig.jpg

What a scamp.

Zack M
I wonder if they'll make Black Adam Rated R.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
Remember that time he called a press conference in Metropolis and then ripped a super villain in half in front of everyone, including a horrified Lois Lane? Good times.

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/5074608_orig.jpg

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/6197519_orig.jpg

What a scamp.

thumb up

Originally posted by Zack M
I wonder if they'll make Black Adam Rated R.

If it's part of the universe, I can't see them doing it. But it would take real guts.

Zack M
http://heroichollywood.com/rock-introduction-black-adam-dceu/

YCyoZ2kWD_Q

Robtard
Said it before, do hope hey take the anti-hero approach instead of making him out to be a classic villain. Go the path of Wolverine but a bit more of a dick, is what I'm saying

Also, while Dwayne Johnson absolutely looks the part and I can't think of who should play Black Adam, he's always come off as a no-shit serious guy to me, not sure Johnson can do the role justice.

carthage
Cart before the horse

They keep announcing more projects when they're both not making any progress on stuff like the Flash. Slow down

Darth Thor
They've been going on about Black Adam for around 5 years now. Just announce something already. Give me a production date and director.

Zack M
They certainly have a plan for him. BA is Geoff Johns's baby.

Kazenji

YCyoZ2kWD_Q

thumb up

Armie needs more work.

marwash22
I can see Armie Hammer as Shazam.

or... Tom Welling.

Zack M
The Rock teases a smackdown with Superman.

https://www.facebook.com/Fandango/videos/10154552317926200/

Darth Thor
He already teased that like 5 years ago... Bored of the teasing now.

TheVaultDweller
Pffft... I suggested Armie Hammer back in January already. The Rock is trying to steal my thunder. mad

But seriously, from a physical point of view, he could definitely work. Might need to bulk up a bit, but he has the height already. And his name has been floating around DC for a while, though some suggested that they wanted to cast him as Nightwing.

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He already teased that like 5 years ago... Bored of the teasing now.

But we knew that it wouldn't come out for a while. Plus, he hasn't teased that five years ago.

Darth Thor
Plus, he hasn't teased that five years ago.

Feels like it though.

Zack M
The Rock just met Henry Cavill not too long ago, within the last year. When SHAZAM was announced, I doubt they had any plans on BA fighting Superman, but now that they released that BA will have his own solo movie, Rock is teasing more news.

Darth Thor
^ I wish they would just get on with a Shazam movie tbh. But let's see how a BA film turns out. Maybe they have a good idea for it.

Zack M
I wish they would just announce who IS SHAZAM. Kind of annoying that they haven't casted an actor.

Darth Thor
Probably will wind up being Armie Hammer.

But my choice still would have been Joe Manganiello.

riv6672
EDIT. Wrong thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.