Thunderbolts vs Suicide Squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Lets use the lineup from Ostranders run (Include one shots like Penguin), against the one around when Remender did his one story

Who wins?

Supermutant
So what are the lineups exactly?

riv6672
Yeah i cant off the toppa my head these line ups.

cdtm
Lets see, off of memory:

SS:

1. Bronze Tiger

2. Captain Boomerang

3. Deadshot

4. Enchantress

5. Blockbuster

6. Rick Flag Jr.

And the TB:

1. Mr. X

2. Ghost

3. Scourge

4. Headsman

5. Ant-Man (Eric)

6. Paladin

So a nice six members. Think I'll leave Penguin or one shots off the team (Technically, I'm cheating a bit with Blockbuster who was taken out by the fire guy, but Ostrander's run was concurrent with Legends anyways.. Although, there was a portal using woman who's name I forget that might be a better fit..)

Zack M
Are you sure you want to include DCnU Enchantress? She was giving the JLA fits by herself.

cdtm
Originally posted by Zack M
Are you sure you want to include DCnU Enchantress? She was giving the JLA fits by herself.

This is Legends Enchantress.

Basically, just after the crisis. Still has no real control over her alter ego, and nowhere near as reliable (Although still quite powerful.)

Supermutant
1. Bronze Tiger beats Mr. X

2. Captain Boomerang gets taken out by Antman

3. Deadshot shoots Headsman

4. Enchantress vs Ghost- winner of this wins it for their team. Don't really know what this version of Enchantress can do, and Ghost's phasing can do serious damage quickly. Typically I'll go with magic over tech but undecided here.

5. Blockbuster out punches Nuke (Scourge)

6. Rick Flag Jr. loses to Paladin

vansonbee
Originally posted by Supermutant

4. Enchantress vs Ghost- winner of this wins it for their team. Don't really know what this version of Enchantress can do, and Ghost's phasing can do serious damage quickly. Typically I'll go with magic over tech but undecided here.

6. Rick Flag Jr. loses to Paladin I'm glad someone giving Ghost some credit. I agree with most of your picks, except for Bronze Tiger beating Mr. X. X has a low level telepathy ability. He can anticipate incoming attacks. They needed to bring in a speedster like Quick Sliver to take him down.

7-8/10 vs. Bronze is my assessment.

Supermutant
Granted I'm not high on Mr X like some. My problems is that Mr X's powers have been retconned twice, and he is capable of being one-shotted by IronFist. I don't see A- or greater skill level streets having that much trouble with his low level tp or automatic nervous system mapping. It seems like there always a way around it or whatever like, wolverine going berserker, deadpool's unpredictability, Ghost brain being phased, Luke Cage brain being scrambled, Ironfist's drunken style, Cho thinking about math equations to complex for Mr. X to understand, can't read two minds at the same time, etc.

Zack M
WTF is legends Enchantress? Even Rebirth Suicide Squad was good enough to at least compete with the JL.

deathslash
Granted I'm not high on Mr X like some. My problems is that Mr X's powers have been retconned twice, and he is capable of being one-shotted by IronFist. I don't see A- or greater skill level streets having that much trouble with his low level tp or automatic nervous system mapping. It seems like there always a way around it or whatever like, wolverine going berserker, deadpool's unpredictability, Ghost brain being phased, Luke Cage brain being scrambled, Ironfist's drunken style, Cho thinking about math equations to complex for Mr. X to understand, can't read two minds at the same time, etc. does bronze tiger have any of those abilities though? Can he completely empty his mind while making skilled pr powerful attacks and if so, do you have any showings of him doing that?

abhilegend
I think Ben can use drunken style.

Also Enchantress solos.

Flyattractor
So is this the Enchantress we are talking about here?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a4/26/b3/a426b3278c426cbb6e64ff850cb1839c.jpg

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
I think Ben can use drunken style.

Also Enchantress solos. but has he ever demonstrated it?

Not saying you're wrong, but why do you think that?

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
but has he ever demonstrated it?

Not saying you're wrong, but why do you think that?
Not per se but he has trained even Richard Dragon and is consistently one of the greatest MAs in DC.

She is just that powerful.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
against the one around when Remender did his one story

Remender writing it, they could lose to Carrie Kelley Robin...

Supermutant
does bronze tiger have any of those abilities though? Can he completely empty his mind while making skilled pr powerful attacks and if so, do you have any showings of him doing that?

Yes and Yes. BT doesn't have to think and can rely on just instinct, as he teaches young Richard Dragon to do below.

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34771336_bttrainsrd.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34771338_bttrainsrd2.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Mr. X trained himself so he wouldn't need to rely on his power so much, as shown in Wolverine: Mr. X one-shot and Deadpool Team-Up.

Sin I AM

6. Rick Flag Jr. loses to Paladin

This^^^ Ghost/Enchantress make this fight. I just cant see how he beats her though. Magic can affect him while intangible and hes not impervious while intangible

deathslash
Yes and Yes. BT doesn't have to think and can rely on just instinct, as he teaches young Richard Dragon to do below.

https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34771336_bttrainsrd.jpg https://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/34771338_bttrainsrd2.jpg I'm pretty sure that that specific comic run is non canon. Not saying that it is, but it's inconsistent with some of Richards other on panel showings.Originally posted by Sin I AM
This^^^ Ghost/Enchantress make this fight. I just cant see how he beats her though. Magic can affect him while intangible and hes not impervious while intangible I recall an instance or two when ghost phased into an opponent and took control of them.

StiltmanFTW
I don't know about possessing bodies, but he did one-shot Dr. Strange when he made his arm solid in his chest.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I don't know about possessing bodies, but he did one-shot Dr. Strange when he made his arm solid in his chest.

☝ didnt know that. But hes tooled tony as well.

cdtm
I'm pretty sure that that specific comic run is non canon. Not saying that it is, but it's inconsistent with some of Richards other on panel showings. I recall an instance or two when ghost phased into an opponent and took control of them.

I hope it's not canon. Just read the entire thing, and hated everything from Richard's bizzarre bloodlusted attitude, to Bronze Tiger looking and acting like some generic black guy (Luke Cage lite?), to Neron's very out of character behavior and lack of clear motivation (Why did he resurrect Richard? Why did he want Shiva dead? Did Shiva barter her soul for a death match or something?)

StiltmanFTW
to Bronze Tiger looking and acting like some generic black guy (Luke Cage lite?)

DC should have never unmasked him. Seriously.

deathslash
I hope it's not canon. Just read the entire thing, and hated everything from Richard's bizzarre bloodlusted attitude, to Bronze Tiger looking and acting like some generic black guy (Luke Cage lite?), to Neron's very out of character behavior and lack of clear motivation (Why did he resurrect Richard? Why did he want Shiva dead? Did Shiva barter her soul for a death match or something?) the part where Richard is training the question (while not in a wheelchair) makes absolutely no sense and goes against the established canon to say nothing of how dragon (who is far and away the most pacifistic and peaceful of the big three) is consistently blood lusted and angry throughout the entire run.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.