Vision/Hulk/Zod vs. Thor/Faora/Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
2003 Hulk
Thor as of Dark World

Who wins

John Murdoch
Team 1:
- 2003 Hulk is a beast well-beyond MCU Hulk.
- Vision is in the top 2 of MCU's heroes along with Thor.
- Zod is arguably the biggest threat out of all six players.

Henry_Pym
Are you purposely avoiding what Thor did in Avengers 2 for a reason other than it is way above anyone else?

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Are you purposely avoiding what Thor did in Avengers 2 for a reason other than it is way above anyone else?

As in? Being serious, not trolling, Pym.

He was obviously meant to be the top dog in Age of Ultron with the inferred exception of - maybe - Vision. Whedon had a character arc for Vision to go through in the last hour, so he had the moments like holding mjolnir, hacking Ultron, etc. More plot point/exotic power show-off feats than super-impressive ones. I think Thor was the most powerful Avenger in that film for sure.

I'm guessing you mean the city-busting feat? How do you gauge what was Thor's part vs Iron Man's? And yes, Thor took the explosion of the massive floating island city of Sokovia, got beat down by Kurse and was no worse for the wear, blew up the Bifrost and tanked it's explosion. Thor is the most impressive Avenger, barring stuff from Captain America (insane power creep/constantly written to fight dudes/do stuff above his pay grade) and Iron Man (face of the franchise that goes toe-to-toe with Thor and Hulk).

IMO, the top 3 most powerful characters on the list are 2003 Bana Hulk, Zod, and Faora. Thor and Vision float around pretty close up there, and Kurse can jump Thor due to beating him down, Vision we haven't seen enough + nerfing for Civil War so he didn't incapacitate everyone within a matter of seconds.

If you're thinking the team-up of the blizting Kryptonian (Faora) and Thor and the bad guy who had his number is enough to tackle Team 1, I don't necessarily disagree. IMO, though, I think Team 1 can take them down.

NemeBro
Zod would kill Thor pretty much immediately, followed by Kurse, while Faora is handling Hulk and Vision. Zod obviously beats Faora.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by John Murdoch
As in? Being serious, not trolling, Pym.

He was obviously meant to be the top dog in Age of Ultron with the inferred exception of - maybe - Vision. Whedon had a character arc for Vision to go through in the last hour, so he had the moments like holding mjolnir, hacking Ultron, etc. More plot point/exotic power show-off feats than super-impressive ones. I think Thor was the most powerful Avenger in that film for sure.

I'm guessing you mean the city-busting feat? How do you gauge what was Thor's part vs Iron Man's? And yes, Thor took the explosion of the massive floating island city of Sokovia, got beat down by Kurse and was no worse for the wear, blew up the Bifrost and tanked it's explosion. Thor is the most impressive Avenger, barring stuff from Captain America (insane power creep/constantly written to fight dudes/do stuff above his pay grade) and Iron Man (face of the franchise that goes toe-to-toe with Thor and Hulk).

IMO, the top 3 most powerful characters on the list are 2003 Bana Hulk, Zod, and Faora. Thor and Vision float around pretty close up there, and Kurse can jump Thor due to beating him down, Vision we haven't seen enough + nerfing for Civil War so he didn't incapacitate everyone within a matter of seconds.

If you're thinking the team-up of the blizting Kryptonian (Faora) and Thor and the bad guy who had his number is enough to tackle Team 1, I don't necessarily disagree. IMO, though, I think Team 1 can take them down. Tony dislodged the beam, Thor vaporized most of the city. We don't even see debris outside dust and the vibration rod. He also did this to something moving away from him at high speed.

No one in any of these movies has anything even arguably in that league no matter how much some people want to down play it.

h1a8
Tony dislodged the beam, Thor vaporized most of the city. We don't even see debris outside dust and the vibration rod. He also did this to something moving away from him at high speed.

No one in any of these movies has anything even arguably in that league no matter how much some people want to down play it.

Tony overloaded the engines with energy.
The city already had energy in the engines.
Thor added lightning and blunt force to the mix.
It's a non feat and unquantifiable.

Also non of that compares to casually lifting a million ton key as it's a normal key.

Silent Master
Why are you crying about Supergirl in this thread?

psycho gundam
Vision solos

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why are you crying about Supergirl in this thread? Because I confused the threads.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Because I confused the threads.

Were the tears were blurring your vision?

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
Tony overloaded the engines with energy.
The city already had energy in the engines.
Thor added lightning and blunt force to the mix.
It's a non feat and unquantifiable.

Also non of that compares to casually lifting a million ton key as it's a normal key.

Someone obviously wasn't paying attention to Age of Ultron.

abhilegend
Tony dislodged the beam, Thor vaporized most of the city. We don't even see debris outside dust and the vibration rod. He also did this to something moving away from him at high speed.

Uh no? Its not even close to that and Thor would've been vaporized if not for Tony using a heat shield to save him.

Originally posted by abhilegend
That's not what it was.

FRIDAY: The anti-gravs are rigged to flip.Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust.
The city's not coming down slow.
Stark : Spire is vibranium.If I get Thor to hit it...
FRIDAY : It will crack. That's not enough.The impact would still be devastating.
STARK: Maybe if we can cap the other end.Keep the atomic action doubling back.
FRIDAY: That could vaporise the city & everyone on it..
STARK : I got it. Create a heat seal.I could...I could supercharge the spire from below.
FRIDAY Running numbers
FRIDAY : A heat seal could work with enough power.
STARK: Thor, I got a plan.
THOR : We're out of time.

The feat is basically nothing, Thor hit the core, the attack kept being doubling within the loop creating a chain reaction and Tony shielded Thor with a heat seal.

It's a non feat basically. Thor neither destroyed a city nor tanked the explosion of a city.

erm

We already saw that Mjolnir hitting vibranium amplifies Thor's striking earlier when Thor hits Cap's shield against Hydra soldiers.

The fact that they outright say that Thor hitting Spire would only crack it should tell you that Thor wasn't capable of destroying the city or close to it.

playa1258
This will end well.

abhilegend
Pym is a long time whipping boy as are most Thor fans on the forum here.

I'm gonna enjoy this.

thumb up

John Murdoch
Uh no? Its not even close to that and Thor would've been vaporized if not for Tony using a heat shield to save him.

We already saw that Mjolnir hitting vibranium amplifies Thor's striking earlier when Thor hits Cap's shield against Hydra soldiers.

The fact that they outright say that Thor hitting Spire would only crack it should tell you that Thor wasn't capable of destroying the city or close to it.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Abhilegend: Whedon clearly showed how Thor using mjolnir to hit vibranium works when he devastated the Hydra goons and tank in the opening scene of AoU.

h1a8 is right as well saying it'd be difficult to quantify that feat into a vs fight.

Darth Thor
Pym is a long time whipping boy as are most Thor fans on the forum here.

I'm gonna enjoy this.

thumb up

Yeah clearly no agenda here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah clearly no agenda here.
Agenda of beating Thor fanboys? Duh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.