Sam Witwer Spoils Rebels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Apparently Witwer told an audience that the whole Ghost crew dies besides Hera and Chopper.

While obvious, I imagine Disney and Dave won't be too happy.

SunRazer
Where?

DarthAnt66
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/659b2y/so_how_fired_is_sam_witwer/

Although apparently fans are now saying it was a joke. *shrugs*

UCanShootMyNova
F*ck me. sad At least Kanan got his good feats before dying.

DarthAnt66
I mean, we all knew Kanan and Ezra were going to die.

They can't still be alive by Episode 5.

UCanShootMyNova
I thought they would just go f*ck off somewhere honestly. sad

DarthAnt66
Even a Jedi in hiding is considered a Jedi. Luke wouldn't be the last Jedi with them still alive.

We knew they were going to die the moment they announced the show.

UCanShootMyNova
Not me. q-q

Zenwolf
I'll believe it when I see it, I can't imagine Sam would have access/knowledge to such info nor really anyone else besides Dave.

Selenial
Yeh, calling horse shit.

Ashley and Matt were the only two people who knew how the Ahsoka leaving scene was going down, voice actor wise. I don't see why Sam would have any knowledge of something like that whatsoever.

It was more likely a joke based on the fact we know Hera and Chopper survive, and he wanted to **** with people.

UCanShootMyNova
Yey.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
Yeh, calling horse shit.

Ashley and Matt were the only two people who knew how the Ahsoka leaving scene was going down, voice actor wise. I don't see why Sam would have any knowledge of something like that whatsoever.

It was more likely a joke based on the fact we know Hera and Chopper survive, and he wanted to **** with people. Nah, even Ashley herself said she didn't know how that episode was going to end.

No chance in hell is Witwer privy to these details lmao.

Selenial
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah, even Ashley herself said she didn't know how that episode was going to end.

No chance in hell is Witwer privy to these details lmao.

.... what.

She did the ****ing voice over, what have you been smoking? eek!

Beniboybling
Yup that didn't show her any footage, she said so herself lmao.

All she knew where her lines, which didn't reveal much.

Selenial
Yup that didn't show her any footage, she said so herself lmao.

All she knew where her lines, which didn't reveal much.

Ahh, that's kinda irrelevant though. She knows the major story plot point (IE, She leaves) just like the voice actor for Kanan and Ezra would know if they died. Besides, in most cases for a scene like that the actors do the scene together/see each other's script, much more emotion that way.

I wouldn't define that as "not revealing much" lmao

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I thought they would just go f*ck off somewhere honestly. sad

That's what I expected from Ezra. Kanan's too devoted to go off somewhere so he has to die.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
Ahh, that's kinda irrelevant though. She knows the major story plot point (IE, She leaves) just like the voice actor for Kanan and Ezra would know if they died. Besides, in most cases for a scene like that the actors do the scene together/see each other's script, much more emotion that way.

I wouldn't define that as "not revealing much" lmao Oh lol, I thought you were talking about their scene in Rebels kek. Yeah I don't know about that one.

Anyway point is, Filoni doesn't ever give out info unless absolutely necessary, even to the actors involved.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
That's what I expected from Ezra. Kanan's too devoted to go off somewhere so he has to die.

Ezra seems pretty devoted too tbh.

chingchangwalla
Is this a surprise? But why save Hera? No one gives a shit about her

SunRazer
Wonder how they'd handle a death scene for Ezra. For Kanan, I think we're all basically expecting it.

chingchangwalla
They'll all blow up so we won't see them die.

Zenwolf
Or they just pull some vague death scene.

Beniboybling
Nowhere is it confirmed that they are going to die. Filoni has already been making excuses for Kanan and Ezra to be alive. facepalm

Zenwolf
Nowhere is it confirmed that they are going to die. Filoni has already been making excuses for Kanan and Ezra to be alive. facepalm

Hm? What kind?

Beniboybling
Bad ones.

Zenwolf
Bad ones.

Any specific details per chance?

Beniboybling
I can't remember but he was making some crap excuse for why Kanan and Ezra would be exempt from Yoda's "last Jedi" line.

chingchangwalla
They'll become bounty hunters

ares834
Ezra will probably survive. I can't see them killing of the main character who also happens to be a kid on a Disney show.

DarthDuelist9
Filoni has said the whole "last Jedi" stuff can be interpreted in different ways and really? I mean because nobody can think further than "lets just kill them" it's going to happen?

chingchangwalla
Well yeah, does anyone actually give a flying **** about Ezra and the ghost crew? I only watched rebels for Maul and he's dead so it's boring.

DarthDuelist9
I do but I'm in a very big minority of course

|King Joker|
Filoni's going to screw it up and have either one or both of Kanan and Ezra survive

DarthDuelist9
If Ahsoka didn't need to die in TCW than neither Kanan or Ezra should die now

cs_zoltan
They should, and painfully.

ares834
Yoda's "Last of the Jedi" is quite definitive. Having Kanan or Ezra around during RotJ greatly undermines it. And no, this isn't nearly similar to Ahsoka surviving through TCW.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
They should, and painfully.
thumb up

Kanan's actually decent as a character, but Ezra needs to be tortured to death by Jabba or some shit.

Beniboybling
Don't sound dead to me. sad

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Well yeah, does anyone actually give a flying **** about Ezra and the ghost crew? I only watched rebels for Maul and he's dead so it's boring.

I like Kanan very much as a character. Hera's alright. Everybody else can slowly have their skin melted off during Imperial torture. Unless Sabine starts dressing more provocatively. Then they can keep her around.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by ares834
Yoda's "Last of the Jedi" is quite definitive. Having Kanan or Ezra around during RotJ greatly undermines it. And no, this isn't nearly similar to Ahsoka surviving through TCW.

Besides the fact that Filoni has questioned the general interpretation of it already, tons of stuff could happen why we don't see them in the OT.

ares834
Ton of stuff could happen. But that doesn't mean it should.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
If Ahsoka didn't need to die in TCW than neither Kanan or Ezra should die now Not the same at all.

DarthDuelist9
Very much the same,

|King Joker|
I don't really recall Ahsoka's survival retconning any major plot points.

Selenial
I mean, it kinda did, it's just most of the EU had broken those boundaries before anyway, so it's fine.

DarthDuelist9
Season 4 is the last season!!

Zenwolf
Good, hopefully it's something good through and through. Instead of like a few good episodes and the rest being so so.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Season 4 is the last season!! Originally posted by Zenwolf
Good

Emperordmb
It'll probably be 70% filler tbh

|King Joker|
I'm glad they're ending it.

DarthDuelist9
Also Filoni was wearing a "Ashoka lives?" shirt and during the trailer he changed it to "Ahsoka lives!" shirt, HYPE

ares834
Definitely a lot of death flags in that trailer. Kanan will almost certainly die. Hopefully Ezra does as well though I still have my doubts.

Anyway, good trailer though not as hype inducing as the last two seasons trailers.

DarthDuelist9
You should die

ares834
Sorry that I want you're favorite character to die. But, at the end of the day, he is an almost irrelevant side character and his continued existence hurts the main story.

DarthDuelist9
Are you hinting at the "last Jedi" stuff from Yoda?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ezra seems pretty devoted too tbh.

Perhaps. But he could fall to dark side or something. I don't know, he's still young.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.