Rune King Thor & Galactus vs The Fourth Celestial Host

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supergirl_Pr1me
Rune King Thor comes equipped with The Power Gem & The Necro-Sword.

Galactus eats four planets and comes equipped with the World Seed.

The Fourth Celestial Host is lead by Arishem.

Eternal Idol
Galactus and Rune King Thor would win. Galactus easily killed a Mad Celestial while shoving another aside. They were only able to defeat him by merging to one composite being and attacking Galactus with a blast at least 3 times more powerful than any one of them on their own could perform. Had Galactus not let up his attack, I believe he would have killed them all.

I think Galactus with the Power Gem would be more than enough to snuff out the Fourth Celestial Host.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7e/f3/1d/7ef31d4697789aef886bb2be3d3363b7.jpg

Supergirl_Pr1me
Actually it was stated that the Mad Celestials didn't need to merge to defeat Galan, they just did so because it made their victory easier.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Supergirl_Pr1me
Actually it was stated that the Mad Celestials didn't need to merge to defeat Galan, they just did so because it made their victory easier.

Who made that statement? The dead Celestial?

Supergirl_Pr1me
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Who made that statement? The dead Celestial?
What particular sources would you accept as credible fact?

Damborgson
They'd probably wreck the 4th hosts shit to be honest. Thor just skyrocketed in power, and given that he'll now have access to the power gems full potential given he has mimirs wisdom, he'll use it with Thanos level proficiency.

Galactus with 4 planets was already wrecking celestial ass also, so I see it as the 4th hosts fight to lose.

Eternal Idol
What particular sources would you accept as credible fact?

How about an on-panel feat from a canonical story arc?

Supergirl_Pr1me
How about an on-panel feat from a canonical story arc?
But no on-panel feats from a canonical story arc dictate what you're arguing?

Eternal Idol
But no on-panel feats from a canonical story arc dictate what you're arguing?

I've posted a scan of Galactus, who had recently consumed 4 worlds, easily killing one Mad Celestial whilst manhandling another. Give him the World Seed and team him up with Rune King Thor with the Power Gem and the NecroSword, and it doesn't look good for the Celestials.

I'll post it again. Remember, it was stated that these Mad Celestials were as powerful as the Fourth Host... wink

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7e/f3/1d/7ef31d4697789aef886bb2be3d3363b7.jpg

Supergirl_Pr1me
No, no, no. You said that Galactus, specifically the one in the scan above, could have defeated all four Mad Celestials. Please show me the on-panel canonical feats where he defeats all four of them.

Damborgson
Strong as the 4th host or celestials are supposed to be equals across universes?

Eternal Idol
No, no, no. You said that Galactus, specifically the one in the scan above, could have defeated all four Mad Celestials. Please show me the on-panel canonical feats where he defeats all four of them.

Obviously it didn't happen, because he stopped attacking, but if you apply some logic to the situation, it's pretty clear who was dominating their encounter before they merged together. Galactus doesn't fight if he doesn't need to, and even warned them to go back to their own universe or they would have to face him in combat. They chose to attack, he immediately killed one with a pretty casual looking eyebeam, and while grabbing another by the face, and shoving him aside.

Supergirl_Pr1me
Obviously it didn't happen, because he stopped attacking, but if you apply some logic to the situation, it's pretty clear who was dominating their encounter before they merged together. Galactus doesn't fight if he doesn't need to, and even warned them to go back to their own universe or they would have to face him in combat. They chose to attack, he immediately killed one with a pretty casual looking eyebeam, and while grabbing another by the face, and shoving him aside.
You have no evidence to validate your claim. Therefore, your logic, or lack-of, derives from a biased viewpoint. It is completely dismissible.

You can't show me Galactus defeating four Mad Celestials but I can show you the writer, who wrote that entire story-arc, saying that he couldn't have.

Whose opinion, mine or yours, do you believe is more truthful?

Eternal Idol
You have no evidence to validate your claim. Therefore, your logic, or lack-of, derives from a biased viewpoint. It is completely dismissible.

You can't show me Galactus defeating four Mad Celestials but I can show you the writer, who wrote that entire story-arc, saying that he couldn't have.

Whose opinion, mine or yours, do you believe is more truthful?
Since when are a writer's offhand statements used as proof over what happens on-panel? The fact remains that Galactus was able to kill one Mad Celestial with little effort, while dismissing another completely. What would have happened if he felt he hadn't made his message clear, and never let up his attack?

Supergirl_Pr1me
Since when are writer's offhand statements used as proof over what happens on-panel? The fact remains that Galactus was able to kill one Mad Celestial with little effort, while dismissing another completely. What would have happened if he felt he hadn't made his message clear, and never let up his attack?
They described what occurred on-panel. They also have direct-ties with the individuals who drew what occurred on-panel. Their opinions override your own by default.

And that is a fact.

Oh, and it is common-knowledge that the longer Galactus fights, the more energy he consumes. After breaking through Thanos' shields he had to eat another planet because it depleted him of his energy. Just because he was capable of destroying one single Celestial doesn't mean that he was capable of replicating the feat three more times due to the previously established principal. This is just absurd and silly.

Eternal Idol
They described what occurred on-panel. They also have direct-ties with the individuals who drew what occurred on-panel. Their opinions override your own by default.

And that is a fact.

Oh, and it is common-knowledge that the longer Galactus fights, the more energy he consumes. After breaking through Thanos' shields he had to eat another planet because it depleted him of his energy. Just because he was capable of destroying one single Celestial doesn't mean that he was capable of replicating the feat three more times due to the previously established principal. This is just absurd and silly.

What they've shown, and what they intended to show don't add up. You're claiming Hickman stated that the Mad Celestials didn't need to merge together to beat Galactus; however, what was shown was that Galactus easily overpowered two of them with minimal effort.

Yeah, it's common knowledge that Galactus on average is hungry and/or needs to replenish his energy. However, the Galactus in the Celestial fight had prepared for the encounter by consuming 4 planets. The result was one dead Celestial within seconds of the opening bell. This thread is using that same Galactus who ate 4 planets and giving him the World Seed...then teaming him up with Rune King Thor in possession of the Power Gem and the NecroSword against the Host of Celestials who, if we're going to bring statements into this, the Mad Celestials' power was compared to.

Supergirl_Pr1me
What they've shown, and what they intended to show don't add up. You're claiming Hickman stated that the Mad Celestials didn't need to merge together to beat Galactus; however, what was shown was that Galactus easily overpowered two of them with minimal effort.

Yeah, it's common knowledge that Galactus on average is hungry and/or needs to replenish his energy. However, the Galactus in the Celestial fight had prepared for the encounter by consuming 4 planets. The result was one dead Celestial within seconds of the opening bell. This thread is using that same Galactus who ate 4 planets and giving him the World Seed...then teaming him up with Rune King Thor in possession of the Power Gem and the NecroSword against the Host of Celestials who, if we're going to bring statements into this, the Mad Celestials' power was compared to.
Nothing insinuated that Galactus overpowered them with minimal effort. That's nothing but you speculating, nothing more.

You stated that Galan could have beaten four Mad Celestials if they hadn't merged, without the World-Seed. The only problem is:

a) The writer disagrees with you.
b) Nothing supports your claim.

So what's the point of even debating with you if you believe that you're free to make things up as you go along? You're really biased.

Sin I AM
I wonder if galactus can consume gems

Eternal Idol
Nothing insinuated that Galactus overpowered them with minimal effort. That's nothing but you speculating, nothing more.

You stated that Galan could have beaten four Mad Celestials if they hadn't merged, without the World-Seed. The only problem is:

a) The writer disagrees with you.
b) Nothing supports your claim.

So what's the point of even debating with you if you believe that you're free to make things up as you go along? You're really biased.

Post evidence of a single Mad Celestial able to compete with Galactus at this level. Hickman's statements means nothing if they are not proven on-panel.

Thus far, the only on-panel showing is Galactus one-shotting a Celestial to death, and shoving aside another, while the other two do nothing in the background.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I wonder if galactus can consume gems

I was wondering the same. Even if he couldn't, someone with Galactus' level of intricate knowledge of the universe and cosmic awareness should be able to use the Infinity Gems to their fullest potential. That's why I think he wouldn't need Thor's help or a boost from the World Seed/planet-eating in this fight if he had the Power Gem.

Supergirl_Pr1me
Post evidence of a single Mad Celestial able to compete with Galactus at this level. Hickman's statements means nothing if they are not proven on-panel.

Thus far, the only on-panel showing is Galactus one-shotting a Celestial to death, and shoving aside another, while the other two do nothing in the background.
All we know from the evidence at hand is that Galactus can defeat a single Celestial, nothing more. Because of that, Hickman clear's up what you otherwise do not understand, that Galactus cannot defeat more than one Celestial.

Eternal Idol
All we know from the evidence at hand is that Galactus can defeat a single Celestial, nothing more. Because of that, Hickman clear's up what you otherwise do not understand, that Galactus cannot defeat more than one Celestial.

So you have nothing to support your opinion nor Hickman's claim. Awesome.

Supergirl_Pr1me
So you have nothing to support your opinion nor Hickman's claim. Awesome.
My opinion is supported by Hickman and indirectly supported from your own due its lack of supporting evidence.

Eternal Idol
My opinion is supported by Hickman and indirectly supported from your own due its lack of supporting evidence.

They did sweet phuck all to him before they merged. Galactus even gave them the first move. laughing out loud

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-03.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights/Celestials/ff603-07.jpg

Supergirl_Pr1me
They did sweet phuck all to him before they merged. Galactus even gave them the first move. laughing out loud

Why do you keep posting scans that we have already seen?

Also, you misinterpret the scene. Galactus knew that he was out-matched. The Celestials knew this as well because they clearly state: "Leave or live not to serve your purpose." But you somehow, magically, missed that, correct?

It's rather clearly that Galactus was outmatched regardless of whether or not they would have merged --this is implied before they even did so-- which is exactly as Mr. Hickman has told us.

Geez, even your own evidence is being used against you now. laughing

Eternal Idol
So now anytime one character makes a threat against another, it automatically makes that character more powerful? Guess superheroes everywhere are screwed if there are aggressive foul-mouthed villains out and about.

The Celestial who threatened Galactus was the same one he killed! It even tried to bluff Galactus into leaving and lied about their intentions concerning the 616 universe to avoid confrontation. How did you magically miss that? laughing out loud

Supergirl_Pr1me
So now anytime one character makes a threat against another, it automatically makes that character more powerful? Guess superheroes everywhere are screwed if there are aggressive foul-mouthed villains out and about.

The Celestial who threatened Galactus was the same one he killed! It even tried to bluff Galactus into leaving and lied about their intentions concerning the 616 universe to avoid confrontation. How did you magically miss that? laughing out loud
You don't understand the basis of story-telling. The Celestials implied that Galan would lose unless he left and he didn't contradict them. Mr.Hickman doesn't contradict them. The only individual who does, is yourself. You're clearly wrong.

Eternal Idol
"A WORLD EATER/PLANET KILLER."

"IT SKEWS PROBABILITIES."

smoke

Supergirl_Pr1me
"A WORLD EATER/PLANET KILLER."

"IT SKEWS PROBABILITIES."

smoke
All that means is that they acknowledge that Galactus eats planets to survive, since, in all likeliness, such a being exists in every Marvel Universe.

The latter context suggests that such an encounter was unexpected, "It skews probabilities," and the many statements thereafter; such as "Unexpected," et cetera, but nothing that they couldn't handle.

You've literally lost in every aspect of this debate. I assume that you know this but you're being willfully ignorance for the sake of being arrogant, which are both poor qualities of a debater.

Eternal Idol
You're well-spoken, but clearly your reading comprehension is lacking, so I'll break it down for you:

The first Celestial not only acknowledges Galactus' cosmic role, but also his power and capability. The second Celestial acknowledges Galactus' interference could sabotage their plans. Galactus' presence, unexpected or not, wouldn't "skew probabilities" if he was no threat to them.

The first Celestial Galactus warns Galactus to leave or die, and lies about their intent in 616 to encourage Galactus to leave. Galactus dismisses the threat, reveals he knows their true intent in 616, and makes it clear he will fight them if they proceed.

The third Celestial goes apeshit and orders the others to kill Galactus, once again, confirming he is a threat to their plans. He prepares an attack, and is immediately blasted by Galactus, while he crushes the life out of the first Celestial.

Galactus halts his attack as the Celestials look upon their dead comrade. The only thing that makes sense to bring Galactus pause is that it was made clear he was their superior and they should heed his warning to return to their universe.

The Celestials had no choice but to merge with each other and their dead ally to defeat Galactus, an ability which surprised even him, likely because 616 Celestials have never before demonstrated the ability to merge and combine powers.

You haven't a leg to stand on except "Hickman said...", which doesn't hold any weight considering what Hickman claimed isn't what was depicted in this encounter...which come to think of it, is truly arrogant. He won't admit his creations would have lost otherwise, even though Galactus clearly dominated them before they merged.

Supergirl_Pr1me
You're well-spoken, but clearly your reading comprehension is lacking, so I'll break it down for you:

The first Celestial not only acknowledges Galactus' cosmic role, but also his power and capability. The second Celestial acknowledges Galactus' interference could sabotage their plans. Galactus' presence, unexpected or not, wouldn't "skew probabilities" if he was no threat to them.

The first Celestial Galactus warns Galactus to leave or die, and lies about their intent in 616 to encourage Galactus to leave. Galactus dismisses the threat, reveals he knows their true intent in 616, and makes it clear he will fight them if they proceed.

The third Celestial goes apeshit and orders the others to kill Galactus, once again, confirming he is a threat to their plans. He prepares an attack, and is immediately blasted by Galactus, while he crushes the life out of the first Celestial.

Galactus halts his attack as the Celestials look upon their dead comrade. The only thing that makes sense to bring Galactus pause is that it was made clear he was their superior and they should heed his warning to return to their universe.

The Celestials had no choice but to merge with each other and their dead ally to defeat Galactus, an ability which surprised even him, likely because 616 Celestials have never before demonstrated the ability to merge and combine powers.

You haven't a leg to stand on except "Hickman said...", which doesn't hold any weight considering what Hickman claimed isn't what was depicted in this encounter...which come to think of it, is truly arrogant. He won't admit his creations would have lost otherwise, even though Galactus clearly dominated them before they merged.
This is a horrible interpretation of said events, regardless, I'll try to explain this to you in laments terms.

The green Celestial acknowledges Galactus' position within the Universe as a planet-eater, he says absolutely nothing about power, you simply made that part up.

The red Celestial states that such an event was unexpected and unforeseen, in other-words; they did not expect to come across a planet eater in the middle of their plans, which is why he states that 'it skews probabilities.' But even so, the Celestials and Galan acknowledge that it doesn't matter. Which is why the green Celestial threatens him. He has two choices, Galan can either leave or die.

The Celestials of this world became convinced they were gods and attempted to conquer the Multiverse by use of the Bridge, which Galan knew so they had no choice but to exterminate him.

At no point did the Mad Celestials ever reference Galactus' power, not once, whatsoever.

It is also never stated, not once, that the Celestials had no choice but to merge.

But that does leave us with one question, why did they merge?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11127/111271893/5483374-image.jpg

Because separately, he would have caused them serious damage. But could he have defeated them?

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111271893/5483372-image.png

So we have concluded that the Mad Celestials never felt threatened from Galan and that they were never worried about his power, not once. Nor was it implied or stated that they 'had no choice but to merge'. They simply did so to make destroying Galan that much easier.

the Darkone
Who cares what hickman intended, we go by panel feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.