Darth Bane vs Fae Coven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
Inspired by ShootingNova. Who wins?

MythLord
Fae is the Grandmaster. Enough to take down Bane, tbh.

Azronger
We don't know how powerful the average Grandmaster is. Shitty argument no

MythLord
I mean... it's Bane, so even Zym can do it. smile

NewGuy01
Prolly Fae, what with her Yoda+ class TK.

Beniboybling
Yeah Bane is getting ragdolled here.

Big Gerald
Darth Bannon wins this with ease

darthbane77
Lol. Bane

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yeah Bane is getting ragdolled here.
I think this is fairer matchup:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqW00KBmTY

carthage
Fae

Sinious
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I think this is fairer matchup:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqW00KBmTY that one's DMB's favorite.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Sinious
that one's DMB's favorite.
The best thing is that in the comments dmb goes from throughrouhly destroying the baseless bs in the video, to turning right around and baselessly suggesting lord hoth could take half of the dudes on the pt era jedi council

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Sinious
that one's DMB's favorite.
Nah m8 my favorite is Zannah vs Tholme thumb up

Emperordmb
The best thing is that in the comments dmb goes from throughrouhly destroying the baseless bs in the video, to turning right around and baselessly suggesting lord hoth could take half of the dudes on the pt era jedi council
I said five of them, and tbf I forgot Mundi was a part of those five tbh.

Plus that's not completely baseless and those were comments I've made a year ago. If you are indeed kbro then you don't really have much room to mock my year old comments cause I'm pretty sure I could find much more egregious ones from you on the vine that are a year old.

TheMuser
if that is Kbro Then the Claim Nomi or vodo>>Kyrat/Nihilous I think that qualifies

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I said five of them, and tbf I forgot Mundi was a part of those five tbh.

Plus that's not completely baseless and those were comments I've made a year ago. If you are indeed kbro then you don't really have much room to mock my year old comments cause I'm pretty sure I could find much more egregious ones from you on the vine that are a year old.
You're welcome to. I have nothing to lose because I'm already generally accepted as a below trash tier viner

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheMuser
if that is Kbro Then the Claim Nomi or vodo>>Kyrat/Nihilous I think that qualifies
I'd say my claim that de sids> thanos is slightly worse

SunRazer
Originally posted by Azronger
Inspired by ShootingNova. Who wins?

Do you disagree with my assessment, my child?

MythLord
I'd say my claim that de sids> thanos is slightly worse

D-did you actually say that?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by MythLord
D-did you actually say that?
My first ever thread
I'd like to think I've improved since then

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
Do you disagree with my assessment, my child?

I'm not sure I agree with you on the idea that it's meant to illustrate Fae's superiority to Yoda, or that it can be scaled to other mediums. Yoda is canonically stronger than Fae. I believe it's just an outlier.

Rockydonovang
I'm not sure I agree with you on the idea that it's meant to illustrate Fae's superiority to Yoda
beer
Razer mind elaborating?

SunRazer
Being more powerful and being better at telekinesis are different things. Fae could've just been insanely talented at TK.

On the other hand, it also mentions that Fae could only manage it after long periods of meditation. Yoda's telekinetic powers in the heat of the moment could still be superior.

EDIT: Actually, Yoda's commentary in The Jedi Path was from around 115BBY per Jason Fry, IIRC. So by the PT era, he may have opted to hone his telekinetic powers again and become stronger for it. I don't believe any of Yoda's supremacy accolades come until around the PT era, so it's not impossible to reconcile all of this.

SunRazer
Razer mind elaborating?

http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11126/111267273/4963444-5998116432-43509.jpg

Trocity
Sidious would throw Thanos in a wormhole, complete non-fight.

Rockydonovang
Being more powerful and being better at telekinesis are different things. Fae could've just been insanely talented at TK.

On the other hand, it also mentions that Fae could only manage it after long periods of meditation. Yoda's telekinetic powers in the heat of the moment could still be superior. Then you can argue that the time Yoda passed 700 coincided with Tenebrous' Master and successive Banite Sith Lords ****ing around with the Force, though it'd be a stretch to say that it impacted on his ability to meditate and connect with the Force.
Well he did start "losing a step" at 700.

How large are the stones?
Edit: NVM

Azronger

On the other hand, it also mentions that Fae could only manage it after long periods of meditation. Yoda's telekinetic powers in the heat of the moment could still be superior.

EDIT: Actually, Yoda's commentary in The Jedi Path was from around 115BBY per Jason Fry, IIRC. So by the PT era, he may have opted to hone his telekinetic powers again and become stronger for it. I don't believe any of Yoda's supremacy accolades come until around the PT era, so it's not impossible to reconcile all of this.

Fair points, although a bit too much on the speculative side of things

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Trocity
Sidious would throw Thanos in a wormhole, complete non-fight.
stop

Rockydonovang

Running with this idea...

So Yoda started stagnating due to age when he hit 700 and due to a lack of telekentic practice

Then at 115 bby In response to his inability to lift more than 6 stones, yoda was prompted to restart or ramp up telekentic training.

If we go composite canon has already set precedent for yoda undergoing a massive growth spurt with him going from being unable to lift boulders(due to the hindrance of the stones) to holding in place a living mountain in a matter of days iirc.

SunRazer
Fair points, although a bit too much on the speculative side of things

All I'm saying is that it's no stretch to reconcile all of it, especially since Yoda is only Fae's factual superior by RotS. By which time we know he can lift more than the weight of 5 Muntuur Stones anyway.

Regardless, it seems like we've established that Fae ragdolls Bane here. thumb up

Well he did start "losing a step" at 700.

How large are the stones?
Edit: NVM

The latest source to discuss the issue is The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, which claims that each of them weigh over five metric tons.

Unless Nexus of Power provides specifications for them, that is, but I don't believe it does.

SunRazer
Running with this idea...

So Yoda started stagnating due to age when he hit 700 and due to a lack of telekentic practice

Then at 115 bby In response to his inability to lift more than 6 stones, yoda was prompted to restart or ramp up telekentic training.

If we go composite canon has already set precedent for yoda undergoing a massive growth spurt with him going from being unable to lift boulders(due to the hindrance of the stones) to holding in place a living mountain in a matter of days iirc.

I didn't say Yoda was prompted to improve because of his failure to lift the Stones or that he started training to improve as of 115 BBY.

The most plausible explanation would be that the reemergence of the Sith prompted him to hone his powers again and his spiritual journey in TCW, along with other trials and tribulations, would've enhanced his powers also.

Rockydonovang
Rereading what you posted, the are in the pictures are just "small replicas"

Regardless if we just consider anyone with factual statements indicating they're more powerful to be exempted(yoda, mace, dooku) from the scaling due
to
A. more powerful
B. them possibly being able to lift the stones afterwards(with mace/dooku coming into the order well after the quote)

We could take the quote to indicate that before yoda/mace/dooku, she was the 4th most powerful jedi in the order's history or at least as long as the stones have been around(which it would be nice if there was a quote for).

Anyhow, her impressing yoda with her tk is a nice accolade anyway

Rockydonovang
I didn't say Yoda was prompted to improve because of his failure to lift the Stones or that he started training to improve as of 115 BBY.

The most plausible explanation would be that the reemergence of the Sith prompted him to hone his powers again and his spiritual journey in TCW, along with other trials and tribulations, would've enhanced his powers also.
1. That was me trying to come up with something though your speculation is better.

SunRazer
Well, they were certainly around by Fae's time. So the quote suggests that Fae had the best record with the Muntuur Stones from the end of the New Sith Wars (when she became Grand Master) up until the writing of The Jedi Path, which was published in its third edition in 115 BBY (which is the one that we're looking at).

Couldn't find the section on the Muntuur Stones in Nexus of Power in my brief skim through it, but it's safe to say that as of the writing of The Jedi Path, Fae's lifting of six Stones was considered unprecedented, with Yoda lifting six also before reaching the age of 700. Ferleen Snee was reputed to be the only one who lifted all seven, but again, there was no date available for that.

The only question is how long the Stones have been used as practice by the Jedi, as you said. Unfortunately I can't answer that as of now. If someone manages to find the part with the Muntuur Stones in Nexus of Power, they might be able to tell you.

But as you said, the fact that Yoda was impressed by her feat of telekinesis is no small accolade in of itself.

Trocity
stop

Tell that to King Henrik, he needs to go Great Wall of Trump mode here. F**k the Habs, please don't lose to them.

Rockydonovang
Well, they were certainly around by Fae's time. So the quote suggests that Fae had the best record with the Muntuur Stones from the end of the New Sith Wars (when she became Grand Master) up until the writing of The Jedi Path, which was published in its third edition in 115 BBY (which is the one that we're looking at).

Couldn't find the section on the Muntuur Stones in Nexus of Power in my brief skim through it, but it's safe to say that as of the writing of The Jedi Path, Fae's lifting of six Stones was considered unprecedented, with Yoda lifting six also before reaching the age of 700. Ferleen Snee was reputed to be the only one who lifted all seven, but again, there was no date available for that.

The only question is how long the Stones have been used as practice by the Jedi, as you said. Unfortunately I can't answer that as of now. If someone manages to find the part with the Muntuur Stones in Nexus of Power, they might be able to tell you.

But as you said, the fact that Yoda was impressed by her feat of telekinesis is no small accolade in of itself.
Ferleen shee?

Ferleen Snee? There's another one?

Really all we need here is someone to scale off. It should put fae, at least telekentically above any of the jedi who bane and zannah faced.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Trocity
Tell that to King Henrik, he needs to go Great Wall of Trump mode here. F**k the Habs, please don't lose to them.
He can only do so much vs giradi and co

SunRazer
Ferleen shee?

Ferleen Snee? There's another one?

Really all we need here is someone to scale off. It should put fae, at least telekentically above any of the jedi who bane and zannah faced.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ferleen_Snee

For the record, only "masters of telekinesis" could lift four. You can imagine the disparity between each stone if Yoda only managed five, although we don't really know the full extent of 115BBY Yoda's powers.

Rockydonovang
Well apparently per "galaxy guide 9" the stones were at least collectively larger than a sail barge though we have no idea by how much i guess.

Also apparently it is stated somewhere they were inspiredof the gardens of talla which were apparently destroyed around 3000 something bby

This is all wookiepedia so take the above with a grain of salt

SunRazer
Nope, it's all sourced information. Reliable.

The Gardens were destroyed in 3,996 BBY, but the Muntuur Stones were only inspired by them, so that doesn't give us a precise date. According to that wiki page, Nexus of Power states that the Muntuur Stones were around by 4000 BBY? That was when Kun was training.

Rockydonovang
Nope, it's all sourced information. Reliable.

The Gardens were destroyed in 3,996 BBY, but the Muntuur Stones were only inspired by them, so that doesn't give us a precise date. According to that wiki page, Nexus of Power states that the Muntuur Stones were around by 4000 BBY? That was when Kun was training.

eek!
The possibilities...

Yea found it. Rock scaling's going to get real fun now.

SunRazer
Can you post the quote? What page of Nexus of Power is it in?

EDIT: I found a mention of it in the Ossus section of Chapter I but there was no date there.

DarthAnt66
Fae, I guess.

SunRazer

MythLord
I like how a complete unknown like Fae being Yoda level through wonky scaling works, yet Yaddle who has a statement placing her on that level doesn't work.

SunRazer
She's not on the same level as the Yoda that we know from 22BBY - 19BBY.

The fact that TPM Mace and Dooku are factually more powerful than Fae eliminates that possibility. Likewise, Yaddle is not on Yoda's level since TPM Mace and Dooku are factually stronger than her, and they're not on Yoda's level either.

Emperordmb
If Fae is on, above, or around Prime Yoda's level with TK she wins. But if the comparison is between her and a pre-prime Yoda significantly enough beneath his prime self that TPM Dooku and Mace>Fae then Bane wins.

Cause if you're bringing in the fact that Fae is being compared to a Yoda of unknown capabilities and that she's factually beneath people who would get shat on by prime Yoda in the Force than the comparison is wonky and meaningless.

SunRazer
Mm. Unless you buy into Ant's shit about the Fact File quote not applying to more recently released characters, in which case Fae is exempt from the Mace/Dooku quotes.

But let's be honest; it's way too ambiguous to tell. All we know is that Fae can, in deep meditation, lift well over thirty tonnes.

Beniboybling
And drop them on Bane's dumpy head yeah.

MythLord
smile

Rockydonovang
Can you post the quote? What page of Nexus of Power is it in?

EDIT: I found a mention of it in the Ossus section of Chapter I but there was no date there.
I meant i found it on the wookiepedia page, I odon't have any of these sources

It may well just be bs. BUt if you do find that quote then we can start some actual powersclaing

Dispray
Bane easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.