Rank These Armies By Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Asgard
Frost Giants
Dark Elves
Amazons
Atlanteans
Kree
Twilight Vampires
Twilight Wolves
Chitari

They Have Access to all Tech They Have

relentless1
Amazons/Atlanteans shouldn't be here yet but ill base them on the single members we have seen glimpses of action from i suppose..

Amazonians
Asgardians
Atlanteans
Dark Elves
Frost Giants
Kree

TWilight Vamps
Twilight Wolves

Chitauri

Silent Master
What feats are you using to determine that the Amazons are more powerful than the Asgardians?

Henry_Pym
He is assuming WW=base Amazonians.

Outside of Kurse, how do the elves deal with Frost Giants?

1v1 I'd put the Frost Giants on the top easily, so unless the FG are outnumbered or we are using star ships and stuff I can't see them losing.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
He is assuming WW=base Amazonians.

Outside of Kurse, how do the elves deal with Frost Giants?

1v1 I'd put the Frost Giants on the top easily, so unless the FG are outnumbered or we are using star ships and stuff I can't see them losing.

I figured, however as of now Thor is still much more powerful than Wonder Woman so I'm curious about his reasoning.

TheVaultDweller
I can potentially see a case for the TwiVamps being able to give the Chitauri a fight, given their unique powers, assuming they attack in very large numbers, but how on Earth are the TwiWolves above them? How are they dealing with the Chitauri flyers or Leviathans?

relentless1
Originally posted by Silent Master
I figured, however as of now Thor is still much more powerful than Wonder Woman so I'm curious about his reasoning.

Thor is certainly well above average when it comes to his fellow asgardians in strength and durability

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
Thor is certainly well above average when it comes to his fellow asgardians in strength and durability

Are you claiming that all the Amazons are either as powerful or more powerful than WW?

Darth Thor
Are you claiming that all the Amazons are either as powerful or more powerful than WW?

Doesn't seem that way from the trailer.

relentless1
the only thing that seems to set her apart are her weapons, she was getting her ass handed to her by robin wright in the trailer

relentless1

yes, skill wise we know that they all train together to be warriors so them being on WWs level in that regard isn't a stretch by any means, he divine armour and weapons however will put her in that next tier but as a whole the Amazons will more than likely be better/stronger fighters on the hole over the asgardians; wait or confirmation when they and the atlantans battle apokolips in Justice League

Silent Master
yes, skill wise we know that they all train together to be warriors so them being on WWs level in that regard isn't a stretch by any means, he divine armour and weapons however will put her in that next tier but as a whole the Amazons will more than likely be better/stronger fighters on the hole over the asgardians; wait or confirmation when they and the atlantans battle apokolips in Justice League

Possibly being better fighters on average doesn't make them more powerful as a race, especially since as of now Odin and Thor >>>> WW in power. not to mention all the weapons and other magical tech the Asgardians have been shown to have.

playa1258
We don't know enough about the Amazons yet and WW does not have enough feats yet.

Silent Master
Exactly, he is letting his bias write checks that the Amazons can't cash.

playa1258
And why are the people of Atlantis in this thread?

They have not done shit.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
And why are the people of Atlantis in this thread?

They have not done shit.

Because people like relentless1 will rate them far higher than their feats indicate.

relentless1
yup, ill rate who i want where i want, you don't like it thats too bad

frankly aside from Thor and to a lesser extent the warriors 3/sif none of the asgardians including Odin have really show much in the way of fighting power

Silent Master
yup, ill rate who i want where i want, you don't like it thats too bad

Translation: Nothing I say should be taken seriously as I(relentless1) am an extremely biased poster that has very little knowledge.

Robtard
What in the hell did Relentless do to set off Silent in his autistic-like fashion? Anyhow, here's how I'd rate them if they have full access to tech/gear:

Asgard
Dark Elves (assuming the Aether isn't standard?)
Chitari
Frost Giants (due to apparent lack of ships)
Twilight Vampires
Twilight Wolves

Not fully known thus far:
Amazons
Atlanteans
Kree

NemeBro
I figured, however as of now Thor is still much more powerful than Wonder Woman so I'm curious about his reasoning. More powerful than Wonder Woman? Sure.

She'd probably still kill him with almost contemptuous ease.

Thor has far greater capacity for destruction, but Wonder Woman is far faster and likely stronger based on her fight with Doomsday.

Though I don't know why the Amazons and Atlanteans are even on here. And Asgard easily takes first place here, due to all tech being allowed, and they have a device that can raze a planet from Asgard. That's pretty hard to beat.

TethAdamTheRock
How do the frost giants and dark elves get to earth?

FrothByte
1. Asgardians - they have the best combination of raw physical stats plus advanced weaponry
2. Dark Elves - black hole grenades, stealth ships and kursed ones
3. Kree - theoretically should be higher than Dark Elves but we know too little of them. I'm basing this from what little we saw in AoS and Ronan
4. Chitauri - though not as physically strong than others in this list they do have better technology
5. Twilight Vampires - no technology but their exotic superpowers gives them the edge against the rest below
6. Frost Giants - possible stronger than twivamps but don't have the speed and other power advantages
7. Twiwolves - they're fast and they're strong, but other than that they don't really bring much to the fight

Atlanteans have no business being here since they haven't been played in a movie yet. And from what little we saw of Wonder Woman's trailers, we can tell that Amazonians don't seem to have advanced technology and that Wonder Woman is superpowered compared to the common Amazonian. With that in mind, I'd place them around Frost Giant level.

relentless1
Originally posted by Robtard
What in the hell did Relentless do to set off Silent in his autistic-like fashion?

laughing out loud i may have mentioned liking the dark knight trilogy at some point and we all know how silent hates baleman because he was touched by his uncle in a batman costume when he was little

Silent Master
laughing out loud i may have mentioned liking the dark knight trilogy at some point and we all know how silent hates baleman because he was touched by his uncle in a batman costume when he was little

I don't care that you like TDK trilogy and never have.

If you stop making massively biased and uniformed comments, I'll stop calling you out, deal?

relentless1
I don't care that you like TDK trilogy and never have.

If you stop making massively biased and uniformed comments, I'll stop calling you out, deal?

lol what makes you think i care about your opinion? especially since you can't read obviously, I explicitly said at the beginning of my original post that I'm making a guess on the atlantans and amazonian based on the glimpses of footage in trailers and representation of wonder woman thus far so if I'm clearly guesstimating how is that bias?

Silent Master
lol what makes you think i care about your opinion? especially since you can't read obviously, I explicitly said at the beginning of my original post that I'm making a guess on the atlantans and amazonian based on the glimpses of footage in trailers and representation of wonder woman thus far so if I'm clearly guesstimating how is that bias?

Calling your ridiculously biased opinion a guess doesn't make it less biased. But feel free to give examples of how they rank higher in power than a race that has access to spaceships and black hole grenades.

Silent Master
@relentless1 now that the movie is out, do you still rate the Amazons as having the most powerful army?

FrothByte
Now that the movie is out, Amazons are at the bottom of the list.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, standard Amazons were pretty weak, and a handful of WW1 German soldiers were able to give them a decent fight.

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
Now that the movie is out, Amazons are at the bottom of the list.

Agreed.

relentless1
yup, Amazons are barely german level lol

although this may change come JL as we may get a scene with them fighting Darkseids forces

Silent Master
yup, Amazons are barely german level lol

although this may change come JL as we may get a scene with them fighting Darkseids forces

So what is your updated list?

relentless1
Asgardians
Dark Elves
Frost Giants
Kree

TWilight Vamps
Twilight Wolves

Amazons

Chitauri

TheVaultDweller
lol no. Chitauri had advanced alien weaponry, fliers and Leviathans in their army, and needed to be nuked to be stopped as a whole. The Amazons had medieval weapons and horses. As things stand, there is zero evidence to suggest that the Amazons would be able to take out even a single Leviathan without Wonder Woman's help.

Silent Master
relentless1 just proved either 1) He didn't watch the Avengers 2) He wasn't paying attention or 3) He can't let go of his bias.

playa1258
This list should be continually updated.

relentless1
Widow took out Chitauri effortlessly and the Amazons are at least on par with her durability and skill wise

FrothByte
Widow took out Chitauri effortlessly and the Amazons are at least on par with her durability and skill wise

I doubt an army of elite Amazons will stand a chance against an army of elite SHIELD agents.

Silent Master

This isn't a question of who is more skilled, it's what race is more powerful and the Chitauri's tech >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amazons.

FrothByte
I also don't think the frost giants can win against the Kree.

TheVaultDweller
I doubt an army of elite Amazons will stand a chance against an army of elite SHIELD agents.

And they certainly aren't taking down a Leviathan with their bows and arrows either.

But hey, if nothing else, they are better than those walking turd troops Enchantress had in Suicide Squad.

TheLordofMurder

relentless1
This isn't a question of who is more skilled, it's what race is more powerful and the Chitauri's tech >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amazons.

no, but Widow is a great benchmark for the Amazons vs the Chitauri; if a normal human; ablate an extraordinarily skilled one (just like the Amazons) can kill them by the dozens then the Amazons can as well

TheLordofMurder
no, but Widow is a great benchmark for the Amazons vs the Chitauri; if a normal human; ablate an extraordinarily skilled one (just like the Amazons) can kill them by the dozens then the Amazons can as well

This is an excellent point...

thumb up

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This is an excellent point...

thumb up

No, it's not.

TheVaultDweller

And if fodder WW1 Germans can gun down multiple Amazons in combat, then so can the Chitauri, who have more powerful weaponry and better tech than the Germans did. And, again, what are the Amazons going to do against Leviathans? You keep focusing on Black Widow while ignoring the fact that it took the likes of Thor, Hulk and Iron Man to deal with them.

Silent Master

No she's not, because Widow has far better fighting feats than the vast majority of the Amazons, plus she has multiple high-tech weapons including guns. Besides this thread is about ranking their power not skill.

How exactly would the Amazons deal with all the laser rifles, flying sleds and leviathans?

TheLordofMurder
No, it's not.

Yes it is...

One of the main reasons why Avenger enemies have been complete and utter garbage to this point is because weaklings like Black Widow can run through them without much effort...

TheVaultDweller
And Black Widow, as things stand, is more formidable than the vast majority of Amazons. So, using your logic, I guess that makes them ultra weak.

And, by all means, keep dodging the fact that the Amazons have no answer to the Leviathans.

Silent Master
Yes it is...

One of the main reasons why Avenger enemies have been complete and utter garbage to this point is because weaklings like Black Widow can run through them without much effort...

Black Widow would mow down dozens of Amazon's, so what's your point?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
And Black Widow, as things stand, is more formidable than the vast majority of Amazons. So, using your logic, I guess that makes them ultra weak.

And, by all means, keep dodging the fact that the Amazons have no answer to the Leviathans.

When talking Amazons vs Chitauri, relentless and myself were referring to the foot soldiers only...

Leviathans should be beyond BW as well barring PIS...

TheLordofMurder
Black Widow would mow down dozens of Amazon's, so what's your point?

A Future Sentinel would mow down dozens of Black Widow's, so whats your point?

laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
When talking Amazons vs Chitauri, relentless and myself were referring to the foot soldiers only...

So, you are discussing something completely irrelevant, as the Leviathans and fliers make up part of the Chitauri army.

And when Black Widow fought them, she never took them on "dozens" at a time (to use a line people have been throwing around in this thread), and usually had support from other Avengers. And, in fact, she arguably saw the least amount of action, as she spent a solid chunk of the battle on the Stark Tower rooftop with Selvig. And I like how you guys are insisting on focusing on Black Widow, while ignoring the fact that a group of Chitauri fliers were keeping the Hulk in check, who in turn would run a rapetrain on all the Amazons barring Wonder Woman.

Fact is that as a whole, Chitauri > Amazons. And no amount of mental gymnastics, low-balling, cherry-picking, or other excuses change that.

TheVaultDweller
A Future Sentinel would mow down dozens of Black Widow's, so whats your point?

laughing out loud

Your obsession with the Sentinels is becoming silly. They have absolutely nothing to do with this thread, whereas Black Widow (who you and Relentless dragged into this) actually does.

SM's point is relevant, because you guys are drawing parallels between BW and the Amazons. Your point is nothing but a derailment, as neither the Chitauri, Avengers or Amazons have ever fought Sentinels.

TheLordofMurder
as neither the Chitauri, Avengers or Amazons have ever fought Sentinels.

And they'd better not...EVER...if they value their lives!!

;,,,;

TheLordofMurder
Take a good look at what TRUE POWER looks like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2qnGg_SSs

smile

TheVaultDweller
So, you are basically now just going to troll and try to derail the thread?

TheLordofMurder
So, you are basically now just going to troll and try to derail the thread?

Naw...carry on.

Silent Master

This Thread is about their entire armies.

TheVaultDweller
I also don't think the frost giants can win against the Kree.

Well, for what it's worth, the first Thor film implied that the Frost Giants gave the Asgardians a hard fight, if Odin's "the cost was great", with regards to the victory, is anything to go by. Also, OP says all tech etc. included, which would mean Casket of Ancient Winters. And, in the hands of their king, they were able to use it to flash freeze large areas at once.

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
How do the frost giants and dark elves get to earth?

Well, we see the Frost Giants teleport to Earth in Thor 1, using blue beams of light, when they show the battle between them and the Asgardians that saw them defeated. But they don't really show us how it works. Considering Odin said that the Casket of Ancient Winters was the source of their power, I am assuming that played a part, and that it functioned in a somewhat similar way to the Bifrot.

I'm assuming the Dark Elves use their ships.

FrothByte

Widow was using her wrist zappers, guns and even the Chitauri's weapons against them.

relentless1
yes I'm just referring to the Amazons taking on the foot soldiers but nothing was said of Wonder Woman not being available in the OP so she can take out the Leviathans, and the Amazons are much more skilled than Widow, they took on a platoon with guns almost effortlessly with ancient weaponry; the only reason they suffered any losses at all were ignorance: its clear that they didn't even know what guns were judging by the surprised looks when one of their number was dropped by a bullet; after that point they were skilled enough to dodge and destroy; Antiope died only because Diana dropped her guard like an idiot and she had to save her.

FrothByte
yes I'm just referring to the Amazons taking on the foot soldiers but nothing was said of Wonder Woman not being available in the OP so she can take out the Leviathans, and the Amazons are much more skilled than Widow, they took on a platoon with guns almost effortlessly with ancient weaponry; the only reason they suffered any losses at all were ignorance: its clear that they didn't even know what guns were judging by the surprised looks when one of their number was dropped by a bullet; after that point they were skilled enough to dodge and destroy; Antiope died only because Diana dropped her guard like an idiot and she had to save her.

How exactly is WW going to take down a Leviathan? The only person we know of who took down a leviathan singlehandedly was Thor, and WW does not have the destructive output of Thor.

She can probably stab one, but I don't think her sword is long enough to cause a deep enough wound to kill a leviathan.

Sable
How exactly is WW going to take down a Leviathan? The only person we know of who took down a leviathan singlehandedly was Thor, and WW does not have the destructive output of Thor.

She can probably stab one, but I don't think her sword is long enough to cause a deep enough wound to kill a leviathan.

This isn't true, Hulk took down. And Ironman took one down. She also has her bracers that create a massive blast as shown.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Sable
This isn't true, Hulk took down. And Ironman took one down. She also has her bracers that create a massive blast as shown.

Hulk didn't take one down alone. He took down the first one with IM's help. Took down a second one with Thor's help.

I did forget about IM taking out one by himself, but considering that WW doesn't fly and doesn't have explosives I don't think she can utilize the same tactics that IM did.

Sable
He didn't have help. He stopped it dead in its tracks, Ironman blew the tail off because it was going to land on the avengers.

Sable
Also she can fly, as she was flying when she killed Ares.

5szKh53DMpw

FrothByte
He didn't have help. He stopped it dead in its tracks, Ironman blew the tail off because it was going to land on the avengers.

Stopping something's momentum isn't the same as killing it. It was IM's missile that made the thing explode. In the end, it was a combined effort between Hulk and IM.

Sable
He killed it instantly. It was not a combined effort, cause Ironman could not have done anything to until later when he figured out what to do. All Ironman did was stop the tail from hitting the team because the Leviathan was dead and couldn't control its body.

TheVaultDweller

So, WW would have to do pretty much all of the heavy lifting, assuming she has the damage output to take on Leviathans? So, they don't actually have the more powerful army. Just a more powerful individual warrior, who they'd get wrecked without. And that's assuming she is actually part of the army, even though she left them 100 years before the current point in the DCEU time line.

Based on exactly what are the Amazons "much more skilled" than Widow? A training montage at the beginning of the film?

And a couple Chitauri fliers could dish out several times more damage than a few squads of WW1 soldiers armed with rifles can. From 1:20 onwards:

_ThQ2lBpHVM

Also, how exactly are the TwiWolves beating the Chitauri?

Sable
Her sword would cut a leviathan. Tony's weapons were able to.

TheVaultDweller
Even IM's lasers had little effect. Jarvis told him that he'd run out of power before managing to cut through their armour. He had to target a soft spot when the Hulk knocked some of the armour loose. And the one he solo'd he blew up from the inside. His "Jonah and the whale" bit.

Wonder Woman's sword might be able to damage them, but using Iron Man as a reference doesn't prove much.

And how many can she take before she starts wearing down? As I already pointed out, the only reason the invasion stopped is because Tony shoved a nuke through the portal.

Sable
Well cut through an amped doomsday, I wager it can cut through a leviathan. Running out of power before, doesn't mean, it can't. It would just take longer then he had power for. Even if she didn't attack the armor directly, there are other ways to take them down as we saw. I didn't see any signs of fatigue from her even when facing Ares, I don't really know how many she could take down, its rather ambiguous.

Silent Master

By feats BW is actually more skilled than the vast majority of the Amazons. and there is no way that WW is going to be able to handle all the fliers and leviathans by herself.

Edit: That is if she even counts, because per the movies, she's not allowed to return.

Silent Master

True, given their size, it'd be like us being stabbed by a tack

Sable

It doesn't have to be longer then it is, stacked with her strength and speed, she could literally run or fly around like a in circles inside or out of it cutting deeper and deeper at super speed with super strength.

TheVaultDweller
@ Sable (Sorry, the quote function is being a b**** again)

Using the Doomsday feat is a better example. But she'd also have to do so while avoiding all the fliers and ground troop fire. And the point is we cannot assume that she could deal with all of them before eventually beginning to tire, or end up in a similar pinned down position to the Hulk. Because the one warrior causing a lot more damage to their forces than all the rest is likely going to attract attention.

And if his suit at the time ran out of power before managing it then, for intents and purposes of a fight, it couldn't, as it would stop functioning in said fight before achieving the desired effect.

FrothByte
The Amazons would probably get wiped out within the first minute against the Chitauri. That would leave WW all alone against the entire Chitauri force.

Sable
@ Sable (Sorry, the quote function is being a b**** again)

Using the Doomsday feat is a better example. But she'd also have to do so while avoiding all the fliers and ground troop fire. And the point is we cannot assume that she could deal with all of them before eventually beginning to tire, or end up in a similar pinned down position to the Hulk. Because the one warrior causing a lot more damage to their forces than all the rest is likely going to attract attention.

And if his suit at the time ran out of power before managing it then, for intents and purposes of a fight, it couldn't, as it would stop functioning in said fight before achieving the desired effect.

Yes Tony's suit couldn't cause he is basically battery powered. He power doesn't run out as she's a god. As far as the rest, I don't see those flyers as anything more then nuisances because they were being taken out by arrows.

TheVaultDweller
Yes Tony's suit couldn't cause he is basically battery powered. He power doesn't run out as she's a god. As far as the rest, I don't see those flyers as anything more then nuisances because they were being taken out by arrows.

Since when does being a god mean you have infinite energy levels? Do you have any actual proof that she can't get tired? And Hawkeye either shot the actual pilots, or used explosive arrows. Amazons don't have explosive arrows, and none of them have feats that put them even remotely on the same level as Clint in terms of marksmanship. And those same fliers managed to pin down the Hulk.

Silent Master
Hawkeye >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amazons in skill. WW doesn't have the feats yet to suggest she can handle dozens of fliers and multiple leviathans at the same time.

Sable
Maybe in Arrow skill, not in actual combat.

Silent Master
Seeing as you were talking about the fliers being shot down by arrows, what's your point?

Sable
Hawkeye >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amazons in skill. WW doesn't have the feats yet to suggest she can handle dozens of fliers and multiple leviathans at the same time.

So now her superspeed isn't working?

Sable
Seeing as you were talking about the fliers being shot down by arrows, what's your point?

Point

Your head.

Silent Master
Not what I said, but thank for trying to strawman.

Silent Master
Point

My head.

Fixed.

Sable
Not what I said, but thank for trying to strawman.

Apparently it is cause her superspeed is more then enough to handle the Chitari. Besides, doomsday never even scratched her neither did Ares.

Sable
Since when does being a god mean you have infinite energy levels? Do you have any actual proof that she can't get tired? And Hawkeye either shot the actual pilots, or used explosive arrows. Amazons don't have explosive arrows, and none of them have feats that put them even remotely on the same level as Clint in terms of marksmanship. And those same fliers managed to pin down the Hulk.

Arrow was killing Chitari without explosive arrows, just by shooting them in the head. She was never winded in any of her fights.

Silent Master

He is just making things up, he wants to drag this out so that he can troll more.

Sable
So you want the thread to be over? Why even come around here then?

TheVaultDweller
Arrow was killing Chitari without explosive arrows, just by shooting them in the head. She was never winded in any of her fights.

Arrow? I think you have your archers mixed up.

Where did I say he only killed Chitauri using explosive arrows? I said he took down the actual flying vehicles either with explosives, or by shooting the pilots steering them.

Not tiring out during fight scenes that only last a few minutes is not proof of infinite stamina. Superhuman stamina? Sure. But certainly not infinite.

Sable

*"Arrows where"

And yes, you said "Amazons don't have explosive arrows, and none of them have feats that put them even remotely on the same level as Clint in terms of marksmanship."

But they don't need explosive arrows, as they can be killed without them. And they do have extreme archery feats. Jumping off cliffs while shooting the soldiers. Being upside down on moving horses and being on target and many other feats.

TheVaultDweller
*"Arrows where"

And yes, you said "Amazons don't have explosive arrows, and none of them have feats that put them even remotely on the same level as Clint in terms of marksmanship."

But they don't need explosive arrows, as they can be killed without them. And they do have extreme archery feats. Jumping off cliffs while shooting the soldiers. Being upside down on moving horses and being on target and many other feats.

*facepalm*

Because A. They either need explosive arrows to deal with the fliers, or B. show comparable marksmanship to Clint to suggest they can consistently headshot the pilots. It's pretty clear what I meant, or I would not have bothered saying that he either used explosives or shot the pilots.

None of those feats are as good as Clint's best. What feats do they have to suggest they could consistently headshot the flier pilots, considering how fast those things can move?

Sable
No they were not as good as Clint, but they are enough to kill Chitari fodder, don't you think? As far as numbers, Chitari have more and will win.

TheVaultDweller
Shoot down ground troops? Sure. I can see them shooting plenty of ground troops. But it's a lot harder to consistently hit extremely fast moving, airborne targets. Especially ones that have rapid fire energy cannons, and who will be firing back.

Sable
Oh yea, I am not disputing it will be hard, I just don't think its impossible. I think they were highly trained. Chitari will win no doubt based on the tech and numbers.

TheVaultDweller
Well, in terms of pure combat skill, I think most people would agree that the Amazons have that in their favour. But the argument (which you appear to agree with) is that superior skill alone isn't enough to overcome all the advantages the Chitauri have on their side.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.