The Lost Boys vs Buffy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
An average Lost Boys vampire, vs an average Buffy vampire.

Not the elites, just the rank and file "mooks".

Surtur
So it's not Buffy they are fighting but vamps from Buffy.

I guess the Lost Boys? They could fly and shit. Average vamps on Buffy have been taken out by Xander lol. There was also the time Willow used a pencil to kill one, that was a low point.

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
So it's not Buffy they are fighting but vamps from Buffy.

I guess the Lost Boys? They could fly and shit. Average vamps on Buffy have been taken out by Xander lol. There was also the time Willow used a pencil to kill one, that was a low point.

thumb up Yep, just the Vamps fighting.

And god, TLB has not aged well at all. I think Monster Squad is way more watchable.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by cdtm

And god, TLB has not aged well at all. I think Monster Squad is way more watchable.

thumb up thumb up

Agreed, Lost Boys is, like, one of the most 80's movies ever. Schumaker really thought the glam rock band look was going to last forever lol.

Monster Squad is more of a B-movie horror comedy Goonies. Helps that Shane Black was one of the screenwriters and Stan Winston was on the special effects team.

Surtur
I still like it, but I was only able to watch about 15 minutes of the sequel before I had to turn it off.

Ascendancy
Didn't know there's a sequel. But yeah, TLB vamps take this pretty solidly.

A good fight might be Angel, Spike, and maybe Dru vs all TLB vamps. I'd have to watch again, but that seems pretty fair overall.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ascendancy

There were two sequels

I felt the 2nd sequel was better, Still wasn't great tho, Just ok at best.

Surtur
Originally posted by Ascendancy

I think the Frog brothers end up becoming vampires, or one of them does. It's also shown either in the sequels or comics that the Grandpa from the first film was also a vampire and that the "Widow" he goes to see ends up turning him during the course of the film.

Hmmm, I'd go with team Angel. Angel just seems to have better strength and speed feats than the LB vamps, plus superior ability to soak blunt trauma. Their one advantage is flight.

Ascendancy
I think a weakness is that we only get to see the vamps go all out against Michael. Most of the time they toss the humans around, but they never have to really use their potential against anyone else but him.

Considering the max feats of Angel you may be right. With him, Dru, and Spike alone that may be enough, not even tossing in Angel's wifey, whatever her name was.

Surtur
Yeah that was Darla. One of the few vampires to realize the usefulness of firearms. Dru also has that weird hypnotism power

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm

And god, TLB has not aged well at all. I think Monster Squad is way more watchable. TLB is good still if you grew up around that time imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.