Captain America vs Logan Clone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the clone that was in the Logan movie. Can Cap take him?

FrothByte
With or without shield?

KingD19
Without shield, Cap dies.

With shield...Cap dies at least half the time, as X-24 is at least strong enough to flip an APC and fling Logan like a ragdoll. Plus he's got Adamantium. This is an insanely hard fight for Cap.

TheVaultDweller
When did he flip an APC? I recall him lifting it enough to get out from underneath, after Rictor flipped it onto him, but I don't remember X-24 himself doing any APC flipping.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
When did he flip an APC? I recall him lifting it enough to get out from underneath, after Rictor flipped it onto him, but I don't remember X-24 himself doing any APC flipping.

That's what I meant. He was pinned underneath it, and with what seemed to be one hand, pushed it up off himself enough to get free. That's at least easily within the Cap/Bucky range.

carthage
When has Bucky shown comparable lifting ability?

TheVaultDweller
Well, we know Bucky's metal arm can overpower both Steve's arms (even while Steve is standing with his body fully braced) and, as per the Russos themselves (as stated in TWS Director's Commentary), they are otherwise comparable.

Originally posted by KingD19
That's what I meant. He was pinned underneath it, and with what seemed to be one hand, pushed it up off himself enough to get free. That's at least easily within the Cap/Bucky range.

How do you know it was one hand? You can't even see him when the one side of the truck lifts. He might have been using both arms, and straining to his limits. It's a good feat for sure, and does put him in the super soldier ballpark, but you're making it out to be more than it was.

Also, on a random note, I did some digging around with regards to Cap's strength feats a few days ago. Turns out the helicopter isn't his best, or even close to his best. Turns out the log split from AoU is actually better. Apparently, the machines built to split similar size logs in a similar manner are built to exert between 7 and 10 tons of force, to do the job properly. That being said, we don't actually know what type of wood that was. That massively affects how much force would be required.

Darth Thor
^ I was just about to bring up the "splitting" log in the other thread.

Also I'm pretty sure punching through the submarine from Cap1 is more impressive than the helicopter feat. Although technically that's a striking feat.

Cap with his Shield will put any live action version of Wolverine down pretty easily. Even without his Shield I think he had the strength to KO him, and the speed/combat feats to avoid his claws.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I was just about to bring up the "splitting" log in the other thread.

Also I'm pretty sure punching through the submarine from Cap1 is more impressive than the helicopter feat. Although technically that's a striking feat.

Cap with his Shield will put any live action version of Wolverine down pretty easily. Even without his Shield I think he had the strength to KO him, and the speed/combat feats to avoid his claws.

Well, I don't really know how logging machines work, so I don't know if they really do require that level of force to do it, or if it's kind of a "better safe than sorry" scenario, where they make it much stronger than it needs to be to ensure success.

Cap apparently did this faster than Deathlok, according to the SHIELD instructor standing by. But I still find this suspect, as it is well above even Steve's best feats in the films, seeing as one of those apparently weighs around 50 tons. I mean he is definitely in the multi-ton range, but he shows visible strain with his higher end stuff. Pushing a 50+ ton bulldozer across a field in under 15 seconds seems a bit fishy to me:

-pnOXuRI0vM

Darth Thor
^ If you were Riot-Gear you'd speculate to the maximum with that log ripping feat.

Well if Deathlok can do it I don't see why not? AOS tends to give the movie characters better feats. Remember Sif tossing around massive trucks?

TheVaultDweller
^ If you were Riot-Gear you'd speculate to the maximum with that log ripping feat.

Well if Deathlok can do it I don't see why not? AOS tends to give the movie characters better feats. Remember Sif tossing around massive trucks?

I don't recall her throwing a truck, but I do remember her kicking an RV a couple dozen feet.

But the reason I have an issue with it is because of how wildly inconsistent it is with all the film showings. Steve's higher end showings aren't anywhere near the 50 ton range, and he has to visibly exert himself doing them. And then it also means that Bucky's metal arm is way stronger than it is depicted as in the films, seeing as he slammed Cap through a pair of elevator doors despite Cap standing with his legs braced and pushing back with both arms. For that matter, the initial punch Cap dodged shouldn't simply have dented the elevator door behind him, but knocked the whole thing loose. So, I personally take the bulldozer feat with a grain of salt, but whatever.

Darth Thor
^ Happens with Tv shows. All the higher end feats for Buffy and Angel in the other threads are also wildly inconsistent with their average showings.

Same with SG's lifting a million ton feat.

coco11
Same with SG's lifting a million ton feat.

Sorry for the dumb question but... who's "SG"?

Edit: Supergirl?

carver9
Supergirl

Darth Thor
Originally posted by coco11
Sorry for the dumb question but... who's "SG"?

Edit: Supergirl?

Yeah Supergirl

FrothByte
With shield, Cap should win, as long as he doesn't get careless. Without shield, Cap still has the capacity to win but it will be very dangerous for him.

Cap should have enough strength to knockout X24 and should have a massive skill advantage that will allow him to avoid the claws. That said, it can easily go south for him if he's not careful.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
With shield, Cap should win, as long as he doesn't get careless. Without shield, Cap still has the capacity to win but it will be very dangerous for him.

Cap should have enough strength to knockout X24 and should have a massive skill advantage that will allow him to avoid the claws. That said, it can easily go south for him if he's not careful. Came to say this exactly. A good stab will put Cap out.

That said, I don't see X-24 ever getting that stab in. X-23 seemed to stomp the hell out of him when they fought in the last scene, and she's no Cap. No one that X-24 fought in that movie is anywhere near Cap.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Came to say this exactly. A good stab will put Cap out.

That said, I don't see X-24 ever getting that stab in. X-23 seemed to stomp the hell out of him when they fought in the last scene, and she's no Cap. No one that X-24 fought in that movie is anywhere near Cap.

It's no secret that Wolverine has never been considered incredibly skilled, and yet he was beating X24 to the punch (slash) almost every single time. The only reason X24 was giving him a hard time was due to better healing and higher strength. But if Wolverine is a brawler and he's still more skilled, then Cap should be way above X24 in skill.

juggerman
Cap beats X-24

nfactor1995
Despite having a significant skill edge and probably a physical edge as well, X-24's healing, durability, and claws should eventually prevail most if not all of the time. Though his healing wasn't on the level of prime Wolverine's, so it COULD leave him vulnerable to being KO'd or incapacitated with enough shield strikes.

Robtard
Lifting the MRAP like cloneboy did is still a stupid good feat of strength, those weigh between 14-18 tons. X-24 seems to be comparable to Cap in strength.

X-24's a wild and sloppy fighter, so with shield I can see Cap easily taking 8/10 of the fights, maybe even 9. Without shield, probably only 3-4/10. Every cut is going to slow Cap down, while X-24 will just heal from any punch/kick that doesn't insta KO.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
This is the clone that was in the Logan movie.

He has a codename, you know.

You already forgot?

Firefly218
Oh yeah, Cap loses

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Firefly218
Oh yeah, Cap loses

Nah.

No Live action Logan is taking Cap. I mean they can win, but it's unlikely.

KingD19
Even if he is a brawler, eventually Cap will slip up having to block two sets of claws at once.

Darth Thor
^ Doubt it. Both Cap and WS managed to avoid Black Panther's claws. And Panther seems like a faster and more skilled fighter than X-24.

StiltmanFTW
... with much shorter claws.

Firefly218
Nah.

No Live action Logan is taking Cap. I mean they can win, but it's unlikely. The Logan clone is an impenetrable machine of death. The thing is programmed to have no emotions or hesitations and wins from sheer persistence, it's peak Wolverine.

Cap has a much slimmer margin of error because 1 slip-up and Logan clone's piercing claws can impale him, Cap can't absorb piercing damage. On the other hand, Logan can absorb endless amounts of blunt force trauma from Cap's shield and fists with literally no repercussions.

So even if Cap lands more hits than Logan, his hits are significantly less impactful. Meanwhile each Logan hit has lethal potential.

Robtard
It was KO'd by a shotgun blast to the face. A well placed attack with Cap's strength behind it should boggle it's brains enough for a KO. Especially with the shield.

America > Mexico

Darth Thor
^ Exactly.

People act as if Logan just needs one hit, when really Cap only needs one good hit himself.

Silent Master
^ Exactly.

People act as if Logan just needs one hit, when really Cap only needs one good hit himself.

Just do a quick bias check. does the description "impenetrable machine of death" sound unbiased to you?

Robtard
^ Exactly.

TBF, they both can end each other with one well placed hit, it's heavily in X

Robtard
^ Exactly.

TBF, they both can end each other with one well placed hit, it's heavily in X-24's favor though. Considering claws to the head = insta death, while shield edge to the temple may or may not KO. Could be in the first temple strike, could take ten.

With shield, I can see Cap using his superior experience to hold off the claws and get that KO hit eventually. H2H, he's likely not winning.

Darth Thor
^ Well Cap does have his Shield to defend himself. Plus being an impenetrable shield itself, backed by Steve's superior strength, I can see it doing some serious damage to Logan. (Remember how he lost his claws in The Wolverine?)

Then there's his speed and combat skills. This is a guy who Spider-Man was struggling to land a hit on. Then I think of Wolverine struggling against another agile warrior with good fighting skills (Mystique). Imagine giving her an indestructible shield in that fight.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Lifting the MRAP like cloneboy did is still a stupid good feat of strength, those weigh between 14-18 tons. X-24 seems to be comparable to Cap in strength.

X-24's a wild and sloppy fighter, so with shield I can see Cap easily taking 8/10 of the fights, maybe even 9. Without shield, probably only 3-4/10. Every cut is going to slow Cap down, while X-24 will just heal from any punch/kick that doesn't insta KO.

You're assuming he can actually land a hit on Cap. I'm not saying he can't, but even without the shield I consider Cap to at least have a 50% chance.

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
... with much shorter claws.

But better invulnerability and much faster/agile movements.

Firefly218
It was KO'd by a shotgun blast to the face. A well placed attack with Cap's strength behind it should boggle it's brains enough for a KO. Especially with the shield.

America > Mexico There's no way Cap's fist is stronger than a shotgun bullet in the face. Feats?

Silent Master
There's no way Cap's fist is stronger than a shotgun bullet in the face. Feats?

You might want to watch the Cap and Avengers movies before commenting on them.

Firefly218
TBF, they both can end each other with one well placed hit, it's heavily in X-24's favor though. Considering claws to the head = insta death, while shield edge to the temple may or may not KO. Could be in the first temple strike, could take ten.

With shield, I can see Cap using his superior experience to hold off the claws and get that KO hit eventually. H2H, he's likely not winning. thumb up I forgot he has his shield. Vibranium = adamantium for easy defense. If Cap has his shield he wins. H2h it goes to the guy with claws

Firefly218
Originally posted by Silent Master
You might want to watch the Cap and Avengers movies before commenting on them. Everything you say is empty and meaningless. Get a brain and come back

Silent Master
You're the one that thinks shotguns can send fully armored people over 15 feats through the air.

Silent Master
That should be 15 feet, that is the problem with using the mic feature.

Darth Thor
thumb up I forgot he has his shield. Vibranium = adamantium for easy defense. If Cap has his shield he wins. H2h it goes to the guy with claws

How can you forget about his Shield? That's like forgetting about Wolverine's claws.

Cap fights H2H with his Shield. Remember IM's AI saying he can't take Cap hand to hand?

Dreampanther
With shield, the clone is in trouble. Without shield, Cap is in trouble.

Firefly218
How can you forget about his Shield? That's like forgetting about Wolverine's claws.

Cap fights H2H with his Shield. Remember IM's AI saying he can't take Cap hand to hand? I know. I subconsciously assumed it would be h2h with no weapons. TBF though Logan's claws are part of his body, they're literally an extension of his appendage so not a weapon. Calling Logan's claws a weapon would be like calling Cap's fists a weapon, sure they can do damage but I wouldn't call them weapons in the same way a shield is a weapon.

But yeah Cap is faster, more skilled and more agile than Logan, so with a shield he should easily block any claw attacks and prolong the fight into a war of attrition.

h1a8
Cap gets stomped easily. He dies. It's very little he can do to x-24

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Cap gets stomped easily. He dies. It's very little he can do to x-24

You really need to watch the movies.

h1a8
The shield will help Cap tremendously. The fight could be long though with it.

Silent Master
The shield will help Cap tremendously. The fight could be long though with it.

What happened to "Cap gets stomped easily"?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
What happened to "Cap gets stomped easily"?

I didn't think about the shield. Was assuming no shield.

Silent Master
I didn't think about the shield. Was assuming no shield.

You forgot that Cap uses a shield?

Darth Thor
^ Seens to be a common problem in this thread. Funny that no one forgets Wolverine has metal claws or that Spider-Man has webs.

Next people will forget Thor has a hammer.

TheVaultDweller
^ Seens to be a common problem in this thread. Funny that no one forgets Wolverine has metal claws or that Spider-Man has webs.

Next people will forget Thor has a hammer.

*re-watches Ragnarok teaser*

What hammer? eek!

stick out tongue

HulkIsHulk
*re-watches Ragnarok teaser*
What hammer? eek!
stick out tongue
That was mean sad sick

FrothByte
Next people will forget Thor has long hair.

What hair? eek!
stick out tongue

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
That was mean sad sick

TheVaultDweller
http://funnyand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Thoreal.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.