Quicksilver Vs Twilight Vampire (Main cast)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Aou Quicksilver

FrothByte
Which main cast are you talking about?

TethAdamTheRock
The ones that lived in that cabin together

TethAdamTheRock
https://imagilendo.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/saga-crepusculo-poster.jpg

KingD19
Ummmm. Well his simple shoulder charge was shattering Iron Legion by the dozens with no seeming effort or pain on his part.

And he is definitely faster than anyone in Twilight so I see him wearing them down and shattering body parts.

FrothByte
No. Quicksilver might be faster but not that much, and he is nowhere near as strong and as durable as they are. And that's not even considering all their exotic powers plus the fact that he's massively outnumbered.

He might be able to take out one vampire (and even that is debatable) but no way can he win against all of them.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
No. Quicksilver might be faster but not that much

What speed feats did they do that compare to Quicksilvers? Like his train feat, for example.

FrothByte
The fight scene in the 2nd movie where Edawrd fought that big vamp. Big vamp punched Edward and launched him through the air, big guy watched Edward fly for a bit then was all of a sudden already on the other side, waiting to chokeslam Edward as he fell.

FrothByte
Here:

https://youtu.be/hEXsOOVWuGA

KingD19
Not really comparable. They were slower in short bursts than he was consistently.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Not really comparable. They were slower in short bursts than he was consistently.

Proof?

Take note that the fight scene I posted is actually done mostly in slow motion, and yet even in slow motion the vamps still display superspeed.

KingD19
vvMJs3GjTls
Proof.

Vamps can run over 100mph. Cool. But even when running, humans are still actually moving in a vampire's eyes. The wolves, who clearly don't move anywhere near as fast can see them and keep up with them.

In contrast, people are practically frozen to Pietro. Iron Man's lasers were in slow mo. And Mjolnir, which can reach orbit in seconds was in slow motion as well. He can move well over several hundred mph, as he caught a bullet after it was fired, took the gun, crossed the room, took out the magazine, unloaded each bullet, and put them in a perfect row in the instant after the gunshot.

He even sees bullets in slow motion.

And towards the end of the video, he appears to hit about at least 6 Iron Legion and shatter them all at the same time.

He also saved all those people in the train's path, while Edward barely saved Bella at the last minute from the van.

They are slower in short bursts, than he is consistently.

FrothByte
Proof?

Take note that the fight scene I posted is actually done mostly in slow motion, and yet even in slow motion the vamps still display superspeed.

Did it ever say that vamps only run max of 100mph? Werewolves are able to keep up with vamps BECAUSE they have superspeed too. Jacob specifically mentions this. As for being visible to the human eye, again, the video I posted is already in slow motion and yet their movements are still a blur and much of the movement is invisible. Just because they are visible when they are playing baseball doesn't mean that they're always using full speed. After all, why do you think Mjolnir is also visible to the human eye even if it can travel to outerspace in seconds hmm?

I never said they were as fast as Quicksilver but clearly they have a good deal of superspeed. Now if you want to claim that the the speed gap is so large that they'll be unable to land a hit on Quicksilver then it's up to you to quantify their respective speeds and prove your theory.

You're also completely disregarding the superior strength, durability and exotic powers that the vamps have displayed.

Surtur
I can't see how the feat you brought up compares to the train feat.

KingD19
I can't find any solid numbers, but the book says they can move over a hundred mph, like I said. There is no definitive number. Pietro is clearly faster by a large margin though.

As for Mjolnir, it's speed is wonky, but considering how fast it was moving in comparison to a bullet in Pietro's eyes(it was faster than the bullet), even though you can see it, it's still way faster than most things.

I'm not disregarding anything. I said being strong enough to shatter Iron Legion means Pietro should be strong enough to damage them. And with his speed, multiple hits will shatter bodyparts.

I said the max speed they've shown, is slower than his max speed. And they move slower in short bursts, than he does all the time. That's directly comparable by feats.

They're not too durable to get shattered by Pietro, who completely obliterates Iron Legion by simply running into them. It might take multiple hits, but he can get it done.

Oh, and Teth isn't great at this yet, so he doesn't go into details. The "Main Cast" is the Cullens.

Carlisle - No special powers
Edward - Telepathy(not good enough to stop Felix from beating him up and down the room, and he could only fight Jasper because of it, but would lose without it)
Alice - Precognition
Emmett - No special powers, just really strong
Rosalie Hale - Enhanced Beauty/Musical Prowess
Jasper Hale - Emotion Control
Esme Cullen - No special powers

None of the powers they have will really help them, as both Edward and Alice showed that even with reading their opponents mind, and seeing the future, they can still get tagged in a fight. And Quicksilver is faster than anyone they've fought.

Not saying Quicksilver would stomp or even beat all of them. I said I see him wearing them down and breaking body parts. Don't know how much they can heal from though, so a busted arm might just be a busted arm.

Surtur
Well one possible correction: I thought Emmetts power was that he was stronger than normal non-newborn vampires?

KingD19
That is his power, but it isn't. He's stronger, but it doesn't count as a special power, as being strong isn't a talent.

Jasper for example can control emotions because he was extremely charismatic in real life. They wouldn't consider hitting the gym every day as a natural talent, lol. Felix(the guy who beat the breaks off Edward for the Volturi) is the same way. They're just huge so they get really strong.

Mindset
They aren't close to matching his speed.

C'mon, Froth.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Mindset
They aren't close to matching his speed.

C'mon, Froth.

Why? As King said, it's very hard to actually find numbers for their speeds, so what are you basing this on when you say they aren't close?

I'll tell you something we can base it on: visual speed. QS is so fast he appears as a blur, but he is still visible. The vamps are so fast that they appear as a blur, but still visible. The difference is that the vamps appear as a blur even in slow motion, meaning they should even be faster in real time.

As for strength and durability, QS smashed into Hawkeye and Cap, neither got seriously hurt. QS is not hurting the vamps. He smashed through the Iron Legion because the Iron Legion were made of multiple parts that broke apart when he smashed through them. It's not like he ripped apart a solid chest plate from one of the Iron Legion or something.

It also doesn't matter that the vamps only seem to engage superspeed in short bursts, a short burst is all you need to dodge an attack and launch a punch to shatter QS's face.

KingD19
Why? As King said, it's very hard to actually find numbers for their speeds, so what are you basing this on when you say they aren't close?

I'll tell you something we can base it on: visual speed. QS is so fast he appears as a blur, but he is still visible. The vamps are so fast that they appear as a blur, but still visible. The difference is that the vamps appear as a blur even in slow motion, meaning they should even be faster in real time.

Wrong.

Don't base it on visual speed, because fast things look fast. Base it on their actual feats.

In the roughly 5 seconds it took Edward to cross maybe...40-60 feet between him and Bella in that parking lot to save her...Quicksilver had run hundreds of feet and saved dozens of people, pushing them out of the way of the train.

Directly comparable.

Also he clearly wasn't trying to kill Cap or Hawkeye. He was f*cking around the entire time. That's why like an idiot he tried to grab Mjolnir, because it looked cool. That's also why Cap got jabbed in the chin, while the Iron Legion were punched and kicked apart by Pietro.

Moving Slow Mo while in Slow Mo is unquantifiable. Watching a bullet slowly fly past your face is.

Mindset

As for strength and durability, QS smashed into Hawkeye and Cap, neither got seriously hurt. QS is not hurting the vamps. He smashed through the Iron Legion because the Iron Legion were made of multiple parts that broke apart when he smashed through them. It's not like he ripped apart a solid chest plate from one of the Iron Legion or something.

It also doesn't matter that the vamps only seem to engage superspeed in short bursts, a short burst is all you need to dodge an attack and launch a punch to shatter QS's face. Because based off quantifiable feats QS has shown to be faster.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Wrong.

Don't base it on visual speed, because fast things look fast. Base it on their actual feats.

In the roughly 5 seconds it took Edward to cross maybe...40-60 feet between him and Bella in that parking lot to save her...Quicksilver had run hundreds of feet and saved dozens of people, pushing them out of the way of the train.

Directly comparable.

Also he clearly wasn't trying to kill Cap or Hawkeye. He was f*cking around the entire time. That's why like an idiot he tried to grab Mjolnir, because it looked cool. That's also why Cap got jabbed in the chin, while the Iron Legion were punched and kicked apart by Pietro.

Moving Slow Mo while in Slow Mo is unquantifiable. Watching a bullet slowly fly past your face is.

I'll rewatch the parking lot scene later before I reply to the speed comment.

Let's focus on durability for the moment. Did QS EVER tear apart any solid metal parts from an Iron Legion? Or did he just smash through them such that their parts came apart? If you can post a link to him actually destroying a solid steel piece from an Iron legion then you might have an argument. Otherwise, the vamps are tough enough to easily break concrete, rock and marble by knocking into them. You're going to have to prove that Pietro is strong enough to do so. Because even if he wasn't trying to kill Cap, you'd at least expect him to hit hard enough that Cap actually looks hurt.

FrothByte
Because based off quantifiable feats QS has shown to be faster.

So quantify them. Give me an estimate of how fast QS was moving and how fast vamps were moving.

Mindset
So quantify them. Give me an estimate of how fast QS was moving and how fast vamps were moving. No.

Darth Thor
So quantify them. Give me an estimate of how fast QS was moving and how fast vamps were moving.

QS clearly runs, moves and thinks many times faster than a bullet, and does so for extended periods.

There's nothing indicating the Vampires were that fast. And the speed they do have seems to be short blitzes. Though admittedly I'm no Twilight expert.

tkitna
No.

laughing

http://img.pandawhale.com/105286-aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-UIJG.png

FrothByte
No.

That's because they're not quantifiable, unlike what you claim.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
QS clearly runs, moves and thinks many times faster than a bullet, and does so for extended periods.

There's nothing indicating the Vampires were that fast. And the speed they do have seems to be short blitzes. Though admittedly I'm no Twilight expert.

Short bursts are all you need to dodge a punch and counter punch.

I'm not claiming that vamps are as fast as QS. I'm claiming they're fast enough that they'll eventually land hits. QS does not have the feats to show that he can even hurt them. Are you people really telling me that QS can beat a group of vampires, all with super speed of their own, who are strong enough to uproot a tree and break rocks from arm wrestling each other, durable enough to easily break marble and concrete.

NemeBro
So quantify them. Sure.

He moved several meters, let's say like three, in the time it took a bullet to move what couldn't have been more than ten centimeters.

He would have had to have been moving 30 times faster than the bullet to accomplish this assuming my values are correct (I intentionally lowballed, the distance he traveled was more than three meters), making him over mach 30 fairly easily, depending on the type of handgun (glock muzzle velocity is 375 meters per second).

What do the Twivamps have going for them speed-wise?

TethAdamTheRock
So quicksilver is much faster than even superman

NemeBro
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
So quicksilver is much faster than even superman Superman easily breaks mach 10,000 in Man of Steel, much less in more powerful iterations of the character like the Reeves version.

h1a8
The problem is Jasper and their durability. Those two factors give the vamps a win. I see people are using highest feats as the standard. That's a good thing. Keep it up.

Surtur
The vampires haven't shown speed on the level of QS even in short bursts. Heck they note Edward as being the fastest and his best speed feats do not compare.

Though yes there is the issue of overcoming durability.

Darth Thor
^ Well QS did punch around Cap pretty easily.

Surtur
Yeah, but Cap doesn't even compare to Edward, physically speaking.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman easily breaks mach 10,000 in Man of Steel, much less in more powerful iterations of the character like the Reeves version. Running and Fighting Speed

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman easily breaks mach 10,000 in Man of Steel, much less in more powerful iterations of the character like the Reeves version. So can thor with his hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.