Death Battle: Goku vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Inedian
Goku without much trouble. Too much power too much speed.

Damborgson
Thor has a few exotic abilities that will let him take a few, but a straight up fight will be overkill on Gokus part.

It's more likely Goku blasts him to bits than Thor dropping a star on him, although both are possible.

StiltmanFTW
Base form Goku KOs --- no, kills Thor --- with a simple kiaiho.

Damborgson
I say....thee....nay.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Base form Goku KOs --- no, kills Thor --- with a simple kiaiho.

This.

NewGuy01
Depends on the incarnation of Thor, obviously.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thor 11/10

NemeBro
Super Goku would win pretty effortlessly tbh.

RealityWarper
Goku stomps effortlessly

cdtm
Make it Rune King Thor then.

NewGuy01
Goku would get stomped so bad though...

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Make it Rune King Thor then.

He gets blitzed and his head punched completely off.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
He gets blitzed and his head punched completely off.

laughing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Goku would get stomped so bad though...

Why?

StiltmanFTW
Because RKT beat Those Who Shit in the Shadows.

RealityWarper

thumb up

carver9

laughing out loud

NewGuy01
wow, you should be a comedian

NemeBro
Make it Rune King Thor then. I know essentially jack about RKT. Isn't he above death or some shit? Or was Stoic just wanking?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The best we can determine about RKT is that he's above Odin, AFAIK.

cdtm
Glad we're in agreement. Thor wins.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The best we can determine about RKT is that he's above Odin, AFAIK.

There seems to be a lot more to it than that to me, unless you're mixing up King Thor and Rune King Thor again.

Damborgson
King Thor at his best, could shred the destroyer armor with a single shot while empowered by a being immune to the magic of the gods. Desak that is. He could also melt adamantium and vibranium with his eye beams and stop time with the wave of a hand. He was also strong enough to kill both the thing and the Hulk at the same time with one arm and one eye while cut off from the Odin Force.

Rune King Thor has all of King Thor's knowledge of the Odin Force, and then some. Plus he absorbed the power of the runes. He can casually kill skyfather level characters like Loki who absorbed all of Asgard's power into himself. He can literally tear souls out of the body like he did To mangog. He can transmute enchanted uru into simple wood, which guarantees he can do it to skin and bone if he wanted to. He can also completely overwhelm those who s(h)it in shadows, who were gods to the gods, including Odin. So he shits on the skyfather tier at the very least.

King Thor

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111276539/5604587-1066728880-thor5.jpg

Rune King Thor

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/th12.jpg

Damborgson
Then there's Old King Thor

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111250526/4774696-1035624596-b18dd.jpg

Who can have an extended fight with Galactus, and that's if he doesn't feel like equipping the necrosword and completely stomp Galactus.

That said, the only version who could reliably beat Goku in my opinion would be Rune King Thor.

RealityWarper
Thor has actually zero chances to tag Goku in a fight and by feats he is a lot less powerful than the Sayan.

This is a stomp.

Goku will crush him without trying.

Damborgson
By feats huh? Wanna bet?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Damborgson
By feats huh? Wanna bet?

Thor struggle against street-levelers, even Kid Goku in the first volume of the manga will be a deadly struggle to hit.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. Thor may have some degree of enhanced speed, sure. But not on Wolverine's or Spider-Man's level.

Against Goku... he's screwed.

Damborgson
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Thor struggle against street-levelers, even Kid Goku in the first volume of the manga will be a deadly struggle to hit.

Goku gets hurt when rocks are thrown at him. It's fun to lowball.

And you said feats my friend, wanna bet Thor's feats stomp Goku's?

Damborgson
Yeah. Thor may have some degree of enhanced speed, sure. But not on Wolverine's or Spider-Man's level.

Against Goku... he's screwed.

On average yeah, as typically portrayed in comics no one below skyfsthers hold a prayer against DBS elites.

StiltmanFTW
Well, Thor doesn't have a chance against DB elites... pre Z...

RealityWarper
Goku gets hurt when rocks are thrown at him. It's fun to lowball.

And you said feats my friend, wanna bet Thor's feats stomp Goku's?

I'm not lowballing anything.

Thor has zero chances to tag Goku in a fight.

Goku has more than enough power to take RKT down in the first trade of blows.

Damborgson
When you take a low showing, and apply it as standard, you are indeed lowballing. Then you take another characters high and apply is as their standard, you commit a double error.

And, there's the back out. A wise Quanchi once said "Concession accepted."

RealityWarper
When you take a low showing, and apply it as standard, you are indeed lowballing. Then you take another characters high and apply is as their standard, you commit a double error.

And, there's the back out. A wise Quanchi once said "Concession accepted."

What "low showing" ?

Thor and other powerhouses constantly struggle to tag characters fighting at human-speeds.

In fact, Thor even fail to tag them at all.

He don't have the feats to even tag an early Goku.

Too bad.

carver9
Goku speed showing as a kid would be a high showing for Thor.

RealityWarper
Goku speed showing as a kid would be a high showing for Thor.

I guess that you mean an impossible showing XD

carver9
I guess that you mean an impossible showing XD

Yep. If a writer tried to write anything resembling what Kid Goku has done for Thor, Thor fans would cream themselves.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
There seems to be a lot more to it than that to me, unless you're mixing up King Thor and Rune King Thor again.

All we can conclude is that he's way* above Odin. But then again, SSG Goku kind of is too. Much less current SSB KKx10. RKT's feat against TWSAIS is ambiguous in terms of how impressive it is/how it relates to a fight.

Damborgson
What "low showing" ?

Thor and other powerhouses constantly struggle to tag characters fighting at human-speeds.

In fact, Thor even fail to tag them at all.

He don't have the feats to even tag an early Goku.

Too bad.

Because he's got plenty of speedsters he's tagged as well, him having trouble with Wolverine doesn't mean anything in particular, like how Superman having trouble with shadowdragon doesn't mean anything in particular.

Thor could literally go to the end of the solar system and kill Goku on his way back along with the planet before Goku could process it if you want to bring feats up again.

RealityWarper
Because he's got plenty of speedsters he's tagged as well, him having trouble with Wolverine doesn't mean anything in particular, like how Superman having trouble with shadowdragon doesn't mean anything in particular.

Comic Book speedsters have relatively shitty combat speeds.

They have fast charges, sure, but this doesn't translate into a combat speed.

You are paraphrasing and jumping to conclusions.

If Thor doesn't have feats showing that he can tag beings as fast as Goku in a hand-to-hand situation then he will never touch him.

You are poorly trying to sell a travel speed feat as a combat speed feat...

Usain Bolt can run faster than Myke Tyson but when it comes to trading blows Usain has hardly a chance to even land a blow on Myke.

Same logic here.

It doesn't matter how fast Thor has travelled from A to B.

Thor doesn't have the feats to tag Goku in an hand-to-hand situation and even less endure Goku's attacks.

This is a stomp.

carver9

Thor could literally go to the end of the solar system and kill Goku on his way back along with the planet before Goku could process it if you want to bring feats up again.

Ok, this is crazy. Hulk has tagged Surfer, Gladiator, Hyperion and Quicksilver but I would never in my right mind say he could touch Goku if they fought. SMH

RealityWarper
Ok, this is crazy. Hulk has tagged Surfer, Gladiator, Hyperion and Quicksilver but I would never in my right mind say he could touch Goku if they fought. SMH

It seems that people don't understand that, in comics, powerhouses fight at human speeds like everyone.

Speedsters runs a lot in combat to hit & run or simply charge.

High combat speed, aka defending and throwing attacks at high speed seems to be a trope coming from mangas.

Placidity

No, because you like Dragon Ball. But you wouldn't hesitate to say he can tag Superman - still pretty bad.

carver9
Originally posted by Placidity
No, because you like Dragon Ball. But you wouldn't hesitate to say he can tag Superman - still pretty bad.

No, I wouldn't because when people like Kalibak, Mongul, Grundy, the General, Despero, etc... consistently tag Superman, a hell of an argument can be made. Do you get it?

Placidity
No, I wouldn't because when people like Kalibak, Mongul, Grundy, the General, Despero, etc... consistently tag Superman, a hell of an argument can be made. Do you get it?

Yep, all of those are people Superman regularly fights... no PIS at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

* Most of those are not Superman's main enemies
* I doubt Superman ever needs to go close to 100% to beat any of them.
* Offset those with his high end feats, and you get to his standard level, which is too fast for Hulk.

But we digress.

Henry_Pym
Thor absorbs the energy blasts and Goku even at blue is incredibly weak physically compared to his energy output. I wish more people actually watched super and not just wanted it. Vegeta couldn't lift 1000 tons on screen.

Thor splatters him after thinking that Goku is stronger than he actually is.

carver9
Originally posted by Placidity
Yep, all of those are people Superman regularly fights... no PIS at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

* Most of those are not Superman's main enemies
* I doubt Superman ever needs to go close to 100% to beat any of them.
* Offset those with his high end feats, and you get to his standard level, which is too fast for Hulk.

But we digress.

No, they are not PIS and some of the people I've named are Superman villains. How about this...post those Superman villains and then post them combating at super speed.

Henry_Pym
Still waiting on the excuse for why SSB Vegeta couldn't lift Magetta? He weighs "over 1000 tons."

NewGuy01
Wasn't SSB.

carver9
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Still waiting on the excuse for why SSB Vegeta couldn't lift Magetta? He weighs "over 1000 tons."

Not Super Saiyan Blue at all and how about you try lifting me up if I don't want you lifting me up and let's see how that roles.

cdtm
Wouldn't be a problem for Superman. He could lift a million million tons with his pinky nail.

carver9
Wouldn't be a problem for Superman. He could lift a million million tons with his pinky nail.

So Wolverine can pick Superman up and throw him if Superman didn't want him to do it? Superman isn't lifting Starbreaker up and throwing him if SB didn't want him to do it. Hell, he couldn't budge him with his punches...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/3730681-1679309910-starb.jpg

And Breaker weighs less than 500 pounds.

Henry_Pym
Magetta can't fly to the best of my knowledge, how was he exerting downward pressure?

carver9
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Magetta can't fly to the best of my knowledge, how was he exerting downward pressure?

Lololololol...he doesn't need to know how to fly to exert downward pressure. I have seen people lift 500 pounds, human's but I feel confident they wouldn't pick Kalibak up and toss him. Common sense.

StiltmanFTW
Carver is making some sense here.

"Bracing" does happen a lot in fiction. You happen to weigh 200 pounds and your opponent can lift 10 tons? Okay, just brace for the hit.

Whether or not it makes any sense is ignored, even when Class 100+ characters meet.

NemeBro
So Wolverine can pick Superman up and throw him if Superman didn't want him to do it? No, because Superman propel his body with his mind.

NemeBro
Not Super Saiyan Blue at all and how about you try lifting me up if I don't want you lifting me up and let's see how that roles. I'd lift your fat ass up regardless of whether or not you'd want me to tbh.

Henry_Pym
... I can't tell if Carver is trolling or if he really believes the things he says..

Vegeta straight up tried to squat him and failed... No amount of wishing not to be lifted does that. The trope of the strong man taking a punch to the face isn't the same as you can produce forward momentum without flying, outside of your own weight you can't create downward pressure. I can't believe I just had to explain this.

cdtm
Thinking this over, Thor really is the perfect character to take down Goku.

With Mjolnir, he can absorb near unlimited amounts of energy.

And he should he more then capable of nullifying Goku's ki energy, the same way he cut off Cain Marco the Juggernaut. Or better yet, the same way Yakkon did to Goku.

Ezcept, Goku could never overload Mjolnir, as in the worst case it can simply shunt energy to another dimension. Goku would never even get the chance to "power up".

StiltmanFTW
Cain Marko*

Wolverine can dodge bullets. He chooses to tank them more often, though. Same with Thor and energy blasts...

Not that Goku needs to fire a single ki blast to end this... he can go pure h2h or just kaiho the shit out of Thor, turning him into jelly.

cdtm
Cain Marko*

Wolverine can dodge bullets. He chooses to tank them more often, though. Same with Thor and energy blasts...

Not that Goku needs to fire a single ki blast to end this... he can go pure h2h or just kaiho the shit out of Thor, turning him into jelly.

Ah, but against Thor, Goku would never get the chance to power up.

Remember Yakkon? It'd be just like that. Except when Goku tries feeding him more energy, he'd just end up wearing himself out.

StiltmanFTW
Goku is perfectly capable of blitzing Thor and ripping off his arms before he even thinks of raising Mjolnir.

Also, show me Thor absorbing the ki energy from a living being.

cdtm
Mjolnir's magic, it can absorb anything. stick out tongue

But sure, I can prove it can deal in life energy. Walter Simonson's run, he took the last viking and revitilized him, so he can earn his way into Valhalla.

Stands to reason, if Mjonir can pump life into someone, it could also absorb it.

cdtm
Anyways, Dragon Ball characters have always had energy centric feats. Stuff like lifting/punching is a lot less solid.

At BEST, you could argue any peer of Beerus or Champa can bust planets. But Thor's taken blows from far worse, believe you me. Gorr the God Butcher was spiking him with energy tendrils, and it didn't even slow him down.

StiltmanFTW
Mjolnir's magic, it can absorb anything. stick out tongue

Show me some on-panel statement supporting that.

But sure, I can prove it can deal in life energy. Walter Simonson's run, he took the last viking and revitilized him, so he can earn his way into Valhalla.

Stands to reason, if Mjonir can pump life into someone, it could also absorb it.

ABC logic in comics really, really, really doesn't apply.

TheBadguy
Vegeta popped two diimejsions by powering up
Jiren is filling infinity with aura

Goku punches his head off even rkt before he can think about mjolnir tricks

Damborgson
Show me some on-panel statement supporting that.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir193-EnergyAbsorptionAEMH.jpg

He could do the same to Goku's Super Saiyan Glow stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
So it absorbed radioactivity. How does that prove it can absorb anything?

Remember when Dione powered up? Thor didn't absorb shit then.

cdtm
PIS. stick out tongue

He's absorbed:

1. Gamma radiation

2. Power cosmic

3. Celestial energy

To name three off the top of my head.

Life energy is pretty basic stuff.. Not much reason to believe he CAN'T deal with it, especially if he can handle Surfer's shite (Which isn't exactly a common energy form, and efforts to suppress it in the form of Sonic Shark Missiles and such only had limited success..)

StiltmanFTW
This is what happens when Mighty Thor faces energy attacks:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111118857/4327594-7571628096-Comic.jpg

Damborgson
Well it proves he can absorb an aura, and he has absorbed essentially any form of energy, sometimes more than one at at time.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir145b-EnergyAbsorptionAve.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir34-Magnetism.jpg

https://pm1.narvii.com/6509/f6df4579f0ec342d51b2d28d788bf336b8de4404_hq.jpg

And given his god status, he's made himself vulnerable to some even more exotic attacks

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111161249/5390550-3377490-2053722-thormjolnir164_lifeforceeradication.jpg

If he didn't absorb Dione it's because they can't have Thor beating the main villain of Infinity when he needed to be beaten by his son.

StiltmanFTW
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113932/3432792-8888600399-56793.jpg

cdtm
Sometimes Thor doesn't absorb, sure. That's comic inconsistency.

Surfer almost cut him in two once. Most times, he just blocks his beam/rechannels.

A few other examples:

4. Absorbed Magneto's shield:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/iWt5g.jpg

5. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149743/3334841-5676830291-23380.jpg

No idea what this is, but it looks awesome. wink

6. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149743/3290045-6710425832-ThorM.jpg

Heat vision.

7. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149743/3290046-1034551850-ThorM.jpg

Random assed alien bomb.

Mjolnir has a very solid record of absorbing/redirecting all kinds of random energies. Ki is the most basic of basic's, if you can handle Power Cosmic and Celestial energy, you should be able to take a Kamehameha.

Damborgson
But I mean, this is essentially Thor's only method of winning. That and opening a portal to star or something.

Its more likely Goku just kicks him across the planet a couple dozen times.

cdtm
Dragon Ball characters are cl100 physically, and that's only GoD.. Goku struggles to lift sub 100 tons.

I think Thor can beat him in straight h2h, as can most comic high heralds.

StiltmanFTW
I think Thor can beat him in straight h2h

Stop. Just stop.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213429/4673366-8711436685-40296.png

cdtm
I think whoever that is can beat him in straight h2h, too. stick out tongue. (Who is that?)

Damborgson
A space knight

cdtm
A space knight

For real?? I thought IDW had a lock on ROM now.

Space Knights are no joke. A few of the lesser Knights defeated Terrax, back when he was Galactus's herald. (In fact, judging by that rod, he might be one of them. Javelin was his name.)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Goku blinks. Thor dies.

cdtm
Thor summons lightning, Goku dies.

He's weak to electricity remember. stick out tongue (And cold.. And heat..)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My boy was causing electricity by fighting Jiren. smile

Sj_Sharp
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Goku blinks. Thor dies.

Damborgson
Sadly....

Sj_Sharp
Sadly....

Not Thor's fault anyhow. He is incredibly powerful by his own right.

Damborgson
Yeah, just different leagues of power.

cdtm
Only in terms of energy projection. Thor's dealt with stronger (Hulk), faster (Quicksilver), more durable (Juggernaut or Mangog)

And if Goku tries a Kamehameha, he's getting it thrown back in his face.

cdtm
Come on, everyone knows Thor has this.

Thor absorbs Goku's Kamehameha, and returns it ten fold.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.