Supergirl vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
CW Supergirl vs Hulk

: Who is stronger?

: Which is more impressive between these two feats?

FloBhSs0uvE

vs

amVfFRNmDE4

juggerman
1. Supergirl is stronger with her "million ton" feat.

2. Hulk's feat looks cooler but not sure which is better

TethAdamTheRock
takes more than a million ton to punch a leviaton to a stop, the leviathan itself is probably a million tons

Juk3n
How did you "Math" that?

ares834
Yeah, no way in hell the Leviathan weighs anywhere close to a million tons.

Darth Thor
Average skyscraper is around 225,000 tons. Empire State Building is around 350,000 tons for comparative purposes.

Surtur
The thing seems more comparable in size to an ocean liner or something like that. So we are talking maybe 30,000-75,000 tons.

Also notice he didn't really punch it to a complete stop anyways.

h1a8
Leviathan was between 40 and 80 tons. You guys can't be serious. A blue whale weighs more.
And stopping something in a large distance (or time) takes very little force than doing it in a very small distance (or time).

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Leviathan was between 40 and 80 tons. You guys can't be serious
And stopping something in a large distance (or time) takes very little force than doing it in a very small distance (or time).

Prove that Leviathan was between 40 and 80 tons.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove that Leviathan was between 40 and 80 tons. Easily. The size mostly proves it. Also how it strikes the ground, etc.
But most importantly, it appears to weight less than 50 tons due to the it's lightweight appearance.

Silent Master
Easily. The size mostly proves it. Also how it strikes the ground, etc.
But most importantly, it appears to weight less than 40 tons due to the it's lightweight appearance.

IOW, you're just guessing and have no idea how much things weigh.

h1a8
IOW, you're just guessing and have no idea how much things weigh. I'm not. I'm an expert with how much things weight. I wouldn't be surprised if an Abrams Tank weighs more.

Silent Master
I'm not. I'm an expert with how much things weight. I wouldn't be surprised if an Abrams Tank weighs more.

Post your credentials.

h1a8
Post your credentials. I don't have to.
I'll just tell you I have a bachelors in physics and I'm working on my masters in mathematics (after a long time of teaching).

But anyone with a basic science background can tell you (within 50%) about how much the leviathan appears to weigh.

Silent Master
I don't have to.
I'll just tell you I have a bachelors in physics and I'm working on my masters in mathematics (after a long time of teaching).

But anyone with a basic science background can tell you (within 50%) about how much the leviathan appears to weigh.

Yes, you do.

h1a8
Yes, you do.

No I don't. This not a court of law. You can simply not believe me and believe what you like. Or simply just ask a physics professor at a college (or online). Most will gladly give you their expertise on the matter.

Silent Master
Yes, you do.

h1a8
Yes, you do. If I do then why am I not doing it? What's the consequence? That you don't have to believe my claim? Well you don't have to believe my claim even if I did produce the credentials.

Silent Master
Because you don't have the credentials to back up your claim.

Darth Thor
Given it's almost indestructible armour/shell, it likely weighs more than a normal object of the same mass.

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Given it's almost indestructible armour/shell, it likely weighs more than a normal object of the same mass. Actually less. The metal was cheap and very malleable, easy to destroy. IM easily destroyed one when it got flipped over by Hulk.

Darth Thor
Actually less. The metal was cheap and very malleable, easy to destroy. IM easily destroyed one when it got flipped over by Hulk.

What? Lol

Silent Master
Actually less. The metal was cheap and very malleable, easy to destroy. IM easily destroyed one when it got flipped over by Hulk.

The metal was so durable that is was stated that Iron-man wouldn't be able to get through it even if he drained his battery dry. When Hulk flipped it over some of the metal came off, allowing Iron-man's missile to hit an unprotected area. all of this was clearly visible in the scene.

So, are you wrong about the metal or are you a liar?

TheVaultDweller
The metal was so durable that is was stated that Iron-man wouldn't be able to get through it even if he drained his battery dry. When Hulk flipped it over some of the metal came off, allowing Iron-man's missile to hit an unprotected area. all of this was clearly visible in the scene.

Tony even told Jarvis to specifically find him a "soft spot" while he was leading the Leviathan to the Hulk, after his laser was unable to penetrate the armour. He had to fly into the mouth of another one and blow it up from the inside because he couldn't destroy it otherwise.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Tony even told Jarvis to specifically find him a "soft spot" while he was leading the Leviathan to the Hulk, after his laser was unable to penetrate the armour. He had to fly into the mouth of another one and blow it up from the inside because he couldn't destroy it otherwise.

What do you think the odds are that h1 will admit to being wrong?

TheVaultDweller
What do you think the odds are that h1 will admit to being wrong?

I think there is a much bigger chance that he will make up some excuse to try and justify his statements.

And I am also eagerly awaiting the proof that characters like MCU Punisher and Nobu throw punches at 70mph or more, in the other thread.

Surtur
Prove that Leviathan was between 40 and 80 tons.

Here is the hilarious thing about his statement, this is what a 200 ton boulder looks like:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--DLaqt8SD--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/oeju3s1uqmjxqcebdtfn.jpg

Compare that to the size of the space whale now, and now consider he said it could potentially weigh as little as 40 tons lol.

TethAdamTheRock
The leviathan had armor that was cutting through skyscrapers

TethAdamTheRock
Leviathan was between 40 and 80 tons. You guys can't be serious. A blue whale weighs more.
And stopping something in a large distance (or time) takes very little force than doing it in a very small distance (or time). it was getting ready to flip over hulk at the end

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Here is the hilarious thing about his statement, this is what a 200 ton boulder looks like:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--DLaqt8SD--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/oeju3s1uqmjxqcebdtfn.jpg

Compare that to the size of the space whale now, and now consider he said it could potentially weigh as little as 40 tons lol. Rock is far denser than flesh. Leviathan appeared less dense than normal whales. The metal seemed as very malleable lightweight metal .

h1a8
It took Hulk more than 30 feet of distance to flip it over. He still didn't stop its momentum.

Silent Master
Rock is far denser than flesh. Leviathan appeared less dense than normal whales. The metal seemed as very malleable lightweight metal .

If you had watched the movie you would have known that it was armored and not 100% flesh. You would also know that it was far larger than that boulder.

FrothByte
If a key was a million tons then it should have just cut through the ground. Just saying.

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
If a key was a million tons then it should have just cut through the ground. Just saying.

As that would call into question a feat for someone H1 wants to win, it can't be used.

BruceSkywalker
Hulk smashes puny alien girl

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FrothByte

I asked the same thing a long time ago, and people just said it was Indestructible Fortress ground. Not that that's mentioned anywhere in the episode.

h1a8
If you had watched the movie you would have known that it was armored and not 100% flesh. You would also know that it was far larger than that boulder. It was plated on the top with thin metal plating. Parts were exposed.

Silent Master
It was plated on the top with thin metal plating. Parts were exposed.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur

Compare that to the size of the space whale now, and now consider he said it could potentially weigh as little as 40 tons lol.

A better reference is the bulldozer Deathlok pushed in AoS. The bulldozer in question is a PR 764 Crawler which, according to the company website, weighs up to 58 tons (though the numbers from different sources vary slightly, but even the lowest numbers provided are well over 40 tons). So, with his low-end number, he is basically trying to say that the Leviathan weighs less than that bulldozer.

http://image1.aving.net/2008/09/25/20080925120848327.jpg

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111143885/4782628-7550552329-latest

h1a8
A better reference is the bulldozer Deathlok pushed in AoS. The bulldozer in question is a PR 764 Crawler which, according to the company website, weighs up to 58 tons (though the numbers from different sources vary slightly, but even the lowest numbers provided are well over 40 tons). So, with his low-end number, he is basically trying to say that the Leviathan weighs less than that bulldozer.

http://image1.aving.net/2008/09/25/20080925120848327.jpg

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111143885/4782628-7550552329-latest
Average weight of Bulldozers weight about 10-15 tons. These are facts.

If a human man was made of solid steel then guess who much he would weigh? He would weigh nearly 8 times more. So a 250lb person would weight a ton. Flesh, liquid blood, etc. is less dense than steel.
You can't compare a bulldozer to a creature made of flesh and liquid blood.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol is this a joke? It must be to you, you didn't answer the question.

Silent Master
Bulldozers come in different sizes, you're talking about ones that are much smaller than the ones in the picture and you keep ignoring that the Leviathan was armored.

h1a8
Bulldozers come in different sizes, you're talking about ones that are much smaller than the ones in the picture and you keep ignoring that the Leviathan was armored.
The one in the picture could be anywhere from 23-27 tons.
Funny thing with armor, It's volume is less than 5% of the total volume of those who wear it. The metal was very thin plating.

Silent Master
The one in the picture could be anywhere from 23-27 tons.
Funny thing with armor, It's volume is less than 5% of the total volume of those who wear it. The metal was very thin plating.

You're just making up numbers, nobody believes you.

TheVaultDweller

If a human man was made of solid steel then guess who much he would weigh? He would weigh nearly 8 times more. So a 250lb person would weight a ton. Flesh, liquid blood, etc. is less dense than steel.

There are also bulldozers that weigh over a 100 tons. What the average bulldozer weighs is completely irrelevant. The lowest listed weight I could find for that specific model is just over 44 tons. The manufacturer specs state that it's heavier. I gave you the model name. Go research it for yourself if you don't believe me.

Also, the Leviathan was not simply flesh and blood. It was covered from head to tail in armour plating. This is very clearly evident when watching the film. Also, you literally have zero proof that its flesh and bone density is of comparable consistency to that of a human, especially considering it's a giant alien.

Here is a link from the actual company page:

https://www.liebherr.com/en/deu/products/construction-machines/earthmoving/crawler-tractors/details/69801.html

They put the number between about 45 and 53 tons.

TheVaultDweller
You're just making up numbers, nobody believes you.

Well, I just linked a page from the company who actually manufactures the thing, which is pretty hard to discredit. Also, notice how he tries to shift from mass to volume now, and then throws out some random meaningless number (considering not all armours are made of the same material or provide the same degree of body coverage). For example, a full set of tempered steel plate armour might not take up a large amount of space in terms of total volume, but it can weigh between 33lbs and 55lbs, which would make up quit a bit more than 5% of the knight wearing it's total weight, unless their total weight was between 660lbs and 1100lbs.

TethAdamTheRock

It must be to you, you didn't answer the question.

How much does colossus weight?

https://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/1557/15576725/2998861-deadpool-trio.jpg

Or The Destroyer

https://grumpyfanboy.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/03.png

h1a8
There are also bulldozers that weigh over a 100 tons. What the average bulldozer weighs is completely irrelevant. The lowest listed weight I could find for that specific model is just over 44 tons. The manufacturer specs state that it's heavier. I gave you the model name. Go research it for yourself if you don't believe me.

Also, the Leviathan was not simply flesh and blood. It was covered from head to tail in armour plating. This is very clearly evident when watching the film. Also, you literally have zero proof that its flesh and bone density is of comparable consistency to that of a human, especially considering it's a giant alien.

Here is a link from the actual company page:

https://www.liebherr.com/en/deu/products/construction-machines/earthmoving/crawler-tractors/details/69801.html

They put the number between about 45 and 53 tons.

You are confusing 45000 lbs with 45 tons. It was over 90% flesh and blood. The armor was very thin and lightweight and malleable.

h1a8
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
How much does colossus weight?

https://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/1557/15576725/2998861-deadpool-trio.jpg

Or The Destroyer

https://grumpyfanboy.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/03.png If Colossus is solid metal then we would weigh a little over a ton.

Destroyer is hollow. So probably less than 1500lbs.

h1a8
Well, I just linked a page from the company who actually manufactures the thing, which is pretty hard to discredit. Also, notice how he tries to shift from mass to volume now, and then throws out some random meaningless number (considering not all armours are made of the same material or provide the same degree of body coverage). For example, a full set of tempered steel plate armour might not take up a large amount of space in terms of total volume, but it can weigh between 33lbs and 55lbs, which would make up quit a bit more than 5% of the knight wearing it's total weight, unless their total weight was between 660lbs and 1100lbs. I'm referring to volume, not weight.

h1a8
You're just making up numbers, nobody believes you. I actually looked it up (that exact model).

TheVaultDweller
You are confusing 45000 lbs with 45 tons. It was over 90% flesh and blood. The armor was very thin and lightweight and malleable.

You either can't read or you are straight up trolling now. It literally says kg, or kilograms on the page. When sites list its weight in lbs, the number is between roughly 99k and 116k.

And you are making up nonsense with regards to the Leviathan. If the armour was as thin, malleable and lightweight as you are claiming, it wouldn't allow the thing to go plowing through buildings without taking damage or even losing momentum, or shrug off Iron Man's lasers with virtually no visible damage. Iron Man has one-shotted tanks with his missiles, but had to have Hulk knock some of the armour loose before he could damage the Leviathan.

So, good job. You've proven that you are not even remotely trustworthy as far as this discussion goes.

I'm referring to volume, not weight.

Which, like I said, is irrelevant, as volume and weight does not directly correlate.

Silent Master

It says 45,220 - 53,590 kg that is 99,693 - 118,146 lbs, otherwise known as 49 to 59 tons. Like I said, you just make things up as you go and have almost zero knowledge about anything.

h1a8
You either can't read or you are straight up trolling now. It literally says kg, or kilograms on the page. When sites list its weight in lbs, the number is between roughly 99k and 116k.

And you are making up nonsense with regards to the Leviathan. If the armour was as thin, malleable and lightweight as you are claiming, it wouldn't allow the thing to go plowing through buildings without taking damage or even losing momentum, or shrug off Iron Man's lasers with virtually no visible damage. Iron Man has one-shotted tanks with his missiles, but had to have Hulk knock some of the armour loose before he could damage the Leviathan.

So, good job. You've proven that you are not even remotely trustworthy as far as this discussion goes.

Which, like I said, is irrelevant, as volume and weight does not directly correlate. my mistake. That model is probably 50tons. I was considering lower models.

There are several scenes where the armor is easily bent, damaged, or torn off. And durability has nothing to do with weight. Titanium is stronger than steel and weighs less.
IM in the first movie >>>>>> IM in any avengers movie.
Feats don't prove feats.

Silent Master
Post the scenes where the armor is easily bent, damaged, or torn off.

BTW, for your sake I hope the scenes don't involve Thor or the Hulk. because that would just make you look silly.

TheVaultDweller
my mistake. So you are confusing operating weight with the actual weight of one. There are several scenes where the armor is easily bent, damaged, or torn off. And durability has nothing to do with weight. Titanium is stronger than steel and weighs less.
IM in the first movie >>>>>> IM in any avengers movie.
Feats don't prove feats.

All operating weigh adds is the fuel, other fluids and the driver. Which is a relatively negligible amount overall.

Here are the fluid specs, taken out of a manual for the thing:

Fuel tank
860 l
(189.2 gallons)

Cooling system
85 l
(18.7 gallons)

Engine oil with oil filters
70 l
(15.4 gallons)

Splitter box
6.4 l
(1.4 gallons)

Hydraulic tank
281 l
(61.8 gallons)

Final drive, each
22.5 l
(4.9 gallons)

That + driver weight only adds up to a fraction of the overall listed weight.

Post those scenes where the armour is easily bent, damaged or torn off. And more excuses to favour your argument I see.

TheVaultDweller
Post the scenes where the armor is easily bent, damaged, or torn off.

BTW, for your sake I hope the scenes don't involve Thor or the Hulk. because that would just make you look silly.

He literally has zero proof that it was light either. He is just making that up to suit his argument. Which is laughable, considering how the movie specifically portrayed them to above the paygrade of all the Avengers except Thor and Hulk, with the exception of Iron Man getting inventive and flying into the mouth of one.

Also, his steel/titanium argument doesn't work either, because if the Leviathan was simply tough but lacked mass, it wouldn't have been able to plow through buildings as easily as it did. It would have bounced/deflected off things. The things weren't traveling that fast, yet were still easily smashing through everything in their path, which suggests considerable mass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.